[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carol Roeder Leaves DC Comics, Amid Promotions And Reorganisation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Carol Roeder has been Vice President of Marketing at DC Entertainment since March 2015, but as Bleeding Cool understands, she has been asked to leave the building. She previously worked in executive roles for Lucasfilm and Viz Media.

This comes amidst a reorganisation at DC Entertainment, which – we hear – will be announced to all staff today. This will also see the exit of the Head Of Sales, according to conversations taking place between DC and business partners.

Currently, three people hold an executive Sales position at DC and I’ve been told that it’s not longstanding Jim “Ski” Sokolowski, VP Comic Specialty & Newstand Sales which would leave Derek Maddalena, Senior VP Sales & Business Development and Dan Miron – VP Sales Planning & Trade Development.

However, a far greater number of people will be hearing about promotions, with increased roles and responsibilities.

DC Entertainment moved DC Comics en masse from offices in New York to Burbank last year, and these changes are a result of monitoring work practices, seeing DC staffers in action and maximising effectiveness.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/14/carol-roeder-leaves-dc-comics-amid-promotions-and-reorganisation-at-the-publisher/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
>>
File: 1467348419189.png (405 KB, 756x561) Image search: [Google]
1467348419189.png
405 KB, 756x561
>>84497448
Now tell me why anyone should give a shit again?
>>
>>84497481
TL;DR people at DC Entertainment are getting promoted or fired and that could affect the comic side
>>
>>84497448
Are they kicking off Dan DiDio from the editor chair? That's all I want to know.
>>
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, GOD, FIRE BOB HARRAS!

Also, DC sucks at marketing their shit, so this might be good.
>>
File: image.png (238 KB, 265x392) Image search: [Google]
image.png
238 KB, 265x392
>DCE and DC comics moves people around
>Berganza and/or Harras are fired during this
>>
>Vice president at marketing

Good, DC need better marketing, she's probably why DCYou was so poorly received even though it had some great books
>>
>>84497565
He hasn't been the EiC since the New 52. He is currently a Co-Publisher alongside Jim Lee IIRC.
>>
File: 1458929300920.png (198 KB, 557x480) Image search: [Google]
1458929300920.png
198 KB, 557x480
>>84497893
>>
Hard to blame her for the marketing failures specifically since she's only been there a little over a year but DC has needed to up their game in that department and repair their relationship with LCSes. No surprise they're working on these sorts of things.

>>84497565
>actually wanting Didio gone

Then who will protect my niche titles that don't sell because comic fans have shit taste?
>>
>>84497775
>>84497893
Johns is basically doing Harras's job, firing would only be a formality
>>
>>84498127
Yeah, Didio has his benefits and his drawbacks. I disagree with his opinions on legacy and continuity, but I appreciate his protection of niche titles and the fact he doesn't seem to actively hate his company's fans like say, Brevoort.
Now booting Berganza and Harras would be far more objectively a Good Thing.
>>
>>84497448
Well DC's marketing has been shit for years
>>
>>84497448
>of Marketing
well deserved firing then
>>
File: Didio3.jpg (27 KB, 168x257) Image search: [Google]
Didio3.jpg
27 KB, 168x257
>>84498127
He can handle the hate.
>>
>>84497775
>>84497893
>>84498349
One can only hope...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.