[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you write a Boondocks show taking place in white suburbia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 20160714_141652.png (389 KB, 954x714) Image search: [Google]
20160714_141652.png
389 KB, 954x714
How would you write a Boondocks show taking place in white suburbia instead?

> Tom dubois = black trying to be white
>Tim "T-Dog" Laface = a wigga, white dude trying to be black, replaces riley
>Uncle Ruckus = self hating black guy
> Aunt Rainbow = self hating white chick (obvious extreme liberal university stereotype)
>Huey = black Charlie Brown
> literally just have main character be Charlie Brown, like Stan in south park basically
>qt Asian girl with mixed parents tell replaces
Jasmine

You also could have more races represented since in most white suburban communities black people aren't so plentiful. More Mexicans and Asians etc.
>>
>>84497381
Did Boondocks not take place in white suburbia?
You're telling me that was a black owned neighborhood beside Tom?
>>
>>84497381
The whole point of The Boondocks was that they moved to Suburbia. Huey just didn't bother making friends his own age.
>>
It already takes place in white suburbia what the hell.

The fact that they're the only black people around (besides the obnoxious rap star turned wash out) is kind of a central point of the series.
>>
>>84497460
>>84497474
No I mean like if the protagonists were switched

Making the Freemans white and more of the other characters Asian, or maybe even a white family moving into the city or something

Switching the races is what I'm curious about, what would happen then
>>
>>84497528
Yeah I goofed on that lol, I mean switching the setting and races basically
>>
>>84497535
>>84497570
but you didn't change any races
>>
File: 1391378771694.gif (2 MB, 154x273) Image search: [Google]
1391378771694.gif
2 MB, 154x273
>>84497381
>Tom dubois = black trying to be white
>Black trying to be white
>trying to be white
>>
>>84497746
You could make him a kid instead since wiggas are common as fuck, turn the main family Asian in a white neighborhood or white in a more multi culti neighborhood

Uncle Ruckus would clearly be like this chick who pretended to be black:
http://nypost.com/2015/06/12/naacp-leader-has-pretended-to-be-black-for-years-family/
>>
>>84497928
There is nothing wrong with being an Uncle Tom

t. Am one
>>
How about we do a crossover with Peanuts and the Boondocks instead? Both Huey and Chuck are so miserable they'd hit it off instantly.
>>
>>84497381

Aldready done

King of the Hill
>>
>>84498001
That's not specifically about race relations though, more just general Texas life.

>>84497999
Would love to see this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.