[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't see a thread and wanted to know if this claim lo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: bendis-off-guardians.jpg (268 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
bendis-off-guardians.jpg
268 KB, 900x1200
Didn't see a thread and wanted to know if this claim looks likely.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/hallelujah-marvel-teases-bendis-guardians-galaxy

>Guardians set up for 'final arc'

That's pretty much all the article says. Is is true? Are the Guardians finally going to be free of him? Should I dare to dream?
>>
"Final arc" doesn't mean "it won't be relaunched with same writer".
>>
>>84490295
>Bendis last act is resurrecting Dick Rider as a villain corrupted by the Cancerverse who gets taken out via dance-off.
>>
>>84490295
It's completely 50/50. On one hand you could be right, but on the other it could just mean the relaunch.

In any case, I don't know why you think anything's gonna change. After Bendis leaves and reality ensues, people are gonna finally realize Bendis wasn't the real main problem. Anyone who is hoping they'll go back to the big cosmic stories is just deluding himself.
>>
>>84490317
I guess so. I was wondering if anyone knew what Bendis' schedule looks like in the future. I mean, there must be a limit to how much mulch even he can churn out.
>>
>>84490364
But there are good cosmic writers out there aren't there? Jesus - it really couldn't be worse could it?
>>
File: BritishWut.jpg (129 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
BritishWut.jpg
129 KB, 362x450
>>84490295
Can anyone who actually reads this thing tell me what the fuck happened to Groot? I've seen the redesigns when this series started - and how they got reworked post-movie... is there any reason Groot went from having lightbulbs stuck in him to getting dreads?
>>
The relaunches of Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon will be tie-ins to the GotG Grounded arc (beginning in November or December 2016).

Also, solicits came early and the solicit text for all October Marvel comics read as to be revealed after SDCC. In addition, all their covers but two (Civil War II #7 variants by Kim Jung Gi and Phil Noto) are classified.
>>
>>84490450
When I first heard of it - I thought the 'grounded' idea was kind of cool. And then I realised it was Earth.

Bendis' desire to cut their hamstrings and chain the poor bastards to Earth when they should be having space adventures fucking astounds me.
>>
>>84490447
Black Vortex. Gamora was also changed, but apparently she used up all of her power.
>>
>>84490295

>still using that shit griot design
>>
>>84490397
It very well could. Of course there are good cosmic writers out there but Marvel isn't gonna look for any of them. They'll want a writer who can do fun comedy light hearted adventures because that's the focus of the franchise now. That's what the movie taught them. Bendis himself admitted it. Not to mention the writer will have to be an A-list writer and probably a Bendis friend. My guesses are Lemire, Gillen (who said he had a new Marvel Project after Vader ended) or a completely new writer who's famous in another medium (like Coates).
>>
>>84490545
Thanks anon. I actually had read that but completely forgot about it.

Don't know whether that makes me a moron - or is evidence of the story being shit but whatever.

>>84490590
I dunno. I actually like the movie. I don't mind it being that different to their prime run, I just want it to not be terribly written. Now I think of it, I don't think I'm even against the idea of a Guardians series that is super sitcommy and all-about-the-comedy... stuff like that can still be full of wonder and pathos.

My personal preference would be to frame it like a war comic... but cosmic. I hate the idea of the 'space-pirates' thing that Bendis was fascinated by. But then again, I didn't mind it in the film. So again - maybe it's not the content - just the execution that pisses me off.

I feel like it has taken a lot to turn me off Guardians. Annihilation and Conquest were a couple of the things that got me picking up comics again.
>>
>>84490776
I don't think Bendis was fascinated by the whole space-pirates idea either. They never actually behaved like pirates or outlaws in his comic, they were more like a Guerrilla group.

The whole outlaw retardation came on both Star-Lord and Rocket solos where the writers went full retard with those concepts. That's one of the things Bendis always get blamed for but never did.
>>
dick rider might return too
things are going to well this isn't right
>>
>>84491923
Every cosmic book other than GotG has flopped.
I guess they're figuring out it's time for a change
Richard coming back would be amazing.
>>
>>84492178
>time for a change
>hire comedy writer for Starlord solo again
yeah no
>>
Do these guys guard the galaxy at all anymore? Every other book seems to have them on Earth now.
>>
I think the biggest reason Bendis' Guardians run was so boring was because he wasn't familiar with the team until just before he started writing.

I mean, with Spider-man, Daredevil, Avengers, and yes, even X-men, he was working with franchises he was familiar with. He used his favorite villains, made call-backs his favorite stories, even built upon some of them.

With Guardians, he was a fish out of water. Since it's a team that was created way after he was reading comics as a consumer, he didn't have a solid foundation of lore in his head to plot a story with. Which is probably the reason why the book has been juggling the same several story arcs since it started. It could also be the reason he kept bringing earth-based heroes he was familiar with onto the team's roster. Same thing happened with his run Moon Knight where Marc had Spider-man, Wolverine, and Captain America as split personalities.
>>
>>84490295
>get to write Guardians of the Galaxy
>write a story that takes place on Earth
>>
File: nothing of value was lost.jpg (75 KB, 523x444) Image search: [Google]
nothing of value was lost.jpg
75 KB, 523x444
>>84490295
>>
>>84490590
I'd love Lemire writing GotG.
I really like his work (Moon Knight is one of the only good Marvel ongoings).
>>
What happend to the other Guardians? Its been a while since I read Abnett run or the other space shit. Where's Mantis, Jack Flag, Bug, Cosmo, my girl Phyla-Vell? I think Adam is dead.
I answered my own question, this is the movie team.
>>
>>84490590
But the movie had basically the same tone as DnA, humor mixed with poignant serious moments. And Gunn has already said he's not gonna be reusing jokes, gags, or music from the first movie. The writers and the audience are in for a rude awakening.

Why is everybody in the comic division such an idiot?
>>
>>84497607
Mantis will come back soon she's a main character in the sequel.
>>
>>84497587
Lemire tends to suck at writing team books, so I can't see him being good on that series. Maybe a solo book for Star Lord?
>>
>>84498102
Maybe the new Nova, featuring Dick Rider.
>>
>>84497607
Jack Flag was in issue one of Captain America: Steve Rogers because Spencer has a massive hard on for Mark Gruenwald.
>>
>>84497607
they're in that other guardians team, I remember it had bug, mantis, moondragon and cosmo
>>
>>84497607
Mantis Bug and Cosmo are on the Knowhere Corps

Adam is alive and taking a vacation with Pip

Jack Flag and Phyla-Vell are dead
>>
>>84497691
>humor mixed with poignant serious moments
not true, after seeing it for at least ten times, I've realized the whole movie is one joke after another, followed by failed attempts at being serious like the whole Gamora drama (that it's a joke)

The only serious moments of the movie are the beginning and when the Nova corps die, and even the latter is quickly swifted under the rug to make room for more jokes

>The writers and the audience are in for a rude awakening.
I think the one who's in for a rude awakening is you. Not reusing jokes and gags doesn't mean it won't be full of new ones.
>>
>>84501102
>Mantis Bug and Cosmo are on the Knowhere Corps
The what
>Adam is alive and taking a vacation with Pip
That's good
>Jack Flag and Phyla-Vell are dead
Fuck she is dead
>>
>>84501223
k
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.