[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 52.jpg (938 KB, 2100x1760) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
938 KB, 2100x1760
Will we ever get a company lettinga bunch of all star writers use the whole shared universe as an rpg campaign ever again?
>>
>>84488709
>all star writers
Who would you have?
Because you know that if it was Marvel they'd shove Bendis and Slott on there.
>>
>>84488797
>Bendis
>Aaron
>Spencer
>Lemire
I doubt they'd invite Slott to the party.
>>
Not unless superhero movies stop being a billion dollar industry and comic companies that are now owned by movie studios aren't forced at an executive level to make monthly movie ads and headline grabbers.
>>
>>84488834
I think... that the entire idea of those fucks writing as an rpg campaign gave me cancer. I mean Spencer is not bad... but the others... if they worked on a joint project I would say that the entertainment industry needed to invest in cynide
>>
What should I read before 52 to understand it?

I'm familiar with the DCU and almost all of the characters in it but I mean the event directly before that kickstarts it.
>>
>>84488797
Hickman
Weisman
Waid
Myself

Hey its my fantasy.
>>
>>84488914
Infinite Crisis
>>
>>84488878
And you just know Spencer would make plots how Orcs are just misunderstood and Humans are real monsters!
>>
>>84488848
You act like that wasnt true in 2006 and 2007
>>
>>84488709
For a Marvel story:
Al Ewing - Because he knows the Marvel Universe backwards and forwards
Greg Pak - For his overarching ideas and wit
G. Willow Wilson - For her heartfelt storytelling and character driven narratives
Mark Waid - He's done it before, he can do it again. But if not, I'd go with Robbie Thompson for his ability to take crap and turn it into Silk.
Peter David - For his longterm planning skills.
Christos Gage - for being a steady workhorse writer and team player.
>>
>>84489097
>G. Willow Wilson
>anywhere but in her containment book

'no'
>>
>>84488961

It wasn't. The Nolan / Raimi / Singer movies were successes but the entire integrated branding machine that forced comics into the movie structure wasn't firmly in place until the MCU and Disney.
>>
>>84489097
>Peter David
He's playing for the other team now.
>>
>>84489352
He's gay?
>>
File: Storm Shadow.jpg (1 MB, 1988x1468) Image search: [Google]
Storm Shadow.jpg
1 MB, 1988x1468
Yes

They were given two universes and it was magical.
>>
>>84489097
>no weisman

Dude the man practaly lives for this shit.

INDEX CARDS
N

E
X
C
A
R
D
S
>>
>>84489190
You didn't say that though.

DC has been owned by Warner bros since the Mob bought them both out in the 70s.
>>
>>84489668
This is the type of comic people get blowjobs for.
>>
>>84489352
He's going to DC?

>>84490729
Fair point, but is he under contract for Marvel right now?
>>
>>84488709

no because it was hell for editorial

lol give it time tho
>>
>>84490729

Mark Waid's already there dude

>>84489097

fuck this seems like it might work.

also Spidey 3x a month was close, Marvel even poached Wacker for it
>>
>>84488954
>implying humans aren't the real monster
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.