[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miss him yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: superior.jpg (441 KB, 1287x1095) Image search: [Google]
superior.jpg
441 KB, 1287x1095
Miss him yet?
>>
>>84486806
I liked this run and Superior Ironman.

I would like more "Superior" runs
>>
>>84486806
no
edgy wanker, he was
didn't even crack jokes
>>
File: battle46.jpg (79 KB, 400x615) Image search: [Google]
battle46.jpg
79 KB, 400x615
>>84486806

Threadly reminder that the only good villain edgy Spiderman is Kraven Spiderman

The dock ock shit is retarded and over the top.
>>
>>84486806
God no, thanks to this we keep getting more of this awfully written crap. Cap being hydra, death of hulk. Fuck marvel.
>>
>>84486806
No one who hated this could've been reading Amazing Spiderman at the time. That shit was truly very horrible but Superior came along and gave you a complete different experience. No grandma weighing the hero down or Peter's melodrama. Now we're back to Dan Slott writing unreadable Peter Parker (Peter Stark) stories.
>>
I'd take Superior Spider-Man forever if it meant we could get rid of this diversity pandering at every turn.
>>
>>84487731
>diversity pandering
you mean like a little person love interest?

I stopped reading during spider-verse. whatever happened to her?
>>
>>84487749
She works for peter heading one of his over seas brench with the living brian robot otto had. It's been shown that Doc Oct is still alive and his mind is in the robot looking after her.
>>
every day
who will fuck anna maria now?
>>
>>84486806
yes. Peter is a pussy.
>>
>>84487749
I think a brown midget was the best possible love interest for someone like Doc Ock, whose head was full of Spuhderman, my pride and death traps.
>>
>>84486806
No and I never even liked him.
>>
>>84486806
Best costume, best gadgets and with what Peter has become now, Otto should have stayed Spider-Man although I suspect that's the point of the current run, to make people wish SpOck hadn't left only to bring him back.
>>
>>84487799
Anna Maria is currently getting BLACKED and yes Otto knows and is extremely angry.
>>
Take the current Lex Luthor Superman plot and make it worse, there is your Superior Spider-Man.
Still one of the most enjoyable storyline in recent memory though. I wish SpOck will return.
>>
>>84486806
I liked him better in yosts avenging spider-man. I wish he was in charge of the main superior spider storylin
>>
>>84486806
The last few issues sucked, but I've missed him ever since he left. Really wish we could get an Elseworld where he just stays Spider-Man.

>>84487706
This, Superior made Spider-Man readable for the first time in years. It's basically impossible for me to care about post-OMD Peter, so I fucking cheered when he got replaced by someone more interesting. The plot finally had forward momentum again and it really felt like there wasn't a status quo.
>>
File: 2eezji9.jpg (245 KB, 1049x1599) Image search: [Google]
2eezji9.jpg
245 KB, 1049x1599
>>84487566
This and Sinister Spider-Man.
>>
>>84487706
>No grandma weighing the hero down or Peter's melodrama.

Instead we just got everyone acting like mouth breathing morons. At least the shitty stuff before hand had everyone acting in character.
>>
>>84488594
>Best costume
Not even close.

>best gadgets
No.
>>
>>84489213
>Superior made Spider-Man readable for the first time in years

For newfags and ubercasuals. It was some of the worst writing the medium has ever seen.
>>
>>84486806
It was awful. I have zero clue why there are people who claim "best in years", "actually freah and original". It was neither, I'd compare it with Clone Saga, if it was more of convoluted clusterfuck and wasn't only slightly less worse than Spider-verse.

Read stuff by Yost only, and even then Superior Spider-man sucks because Yost had zero room for character progression, his stuff was just filler and Slott will never let Spider-man fans have fun.
>>
>>84487706
I really don't get it. Seriously, is this trolling?

How is fat man pushing his 50s and inhabitting body of 25-30 years old teenager who is a scientist and a superhero relatable in any way?

How was Aunt May not weighing him down, she was constantly there throughout for "they fucked you know" jokes and to emphasize how fucking evil without hiding Ock is. There is like an annual that's specifically dedicated to how Aunt May thinks Spock is awful and she doesn't want Pete to work with him anymore.

Current state of Peter Stark IS A DIRECT RESULT OF WHAT SPOCK STARTED. Otto started Peter's company. Literally every problem you have with Amazing Spider-man is connected directly to Superior Spider-man, because it had very same problems.
>>
>>84487566
>Part Z
>Crawling
Ahead of their time.
>>
>>84486806
I miss the character, but not the run. The idiot ball was rolling aimlessly.
>>
>>84489643
>"best in years"
Is only said by casuals who just started reading comics because the whole alleged "Death of Spider-Man" bullshit was going around in major news outlets and people jumped on the band wagon.

>"actually freah and original"
Again, only said by casuals. Any long term Spidey (or just Marvel in general) fan knows its derivitive as fuck. It isn't even the first time one of Spider-Man's rogues masqueraded as him (see: Kraven's Last Hunt, Sinister Spider-Man) and anyone who likes it for the edgy bullshit is just as stupid as how Slott writes the supporting cast.

>I'd compare it with Clone Saga
I wouldn't. The Clone Saga was definitely a mess. No argument there. But in the Clone Saga's defense, at least during its run there were some genuinely good stories. The Exile Returns, The Gift (and lets be fair, ASM #400 is one of the best Spider-Man comics published, period. Not just for that era), Media Blizzard, Blood Brothers, Revalations, etc.

Superior was just unrelenting shit from start to finish. Its right alongside with One More Day, One Moment In Time and even Trouble as being one of the worst Spider-Man stories ever.
>>
>>84486806
I always have
>>
>>84489869
Finally, voice of reason.

You're right about Clone Saga part, I really have terrible memory when it comes to it because I forced myself to finish it years ago and still regret it. Since then I've been relying on my knowledge of its bad reputation.

At least it gave us some cool plots Spider-girl expanded upon in its own way.
>>
>>84486806
>Miss him yet?
terribly and I miss his relationship with Anna-Marie
>>
>>84489986
Please leave, Slott.
>>
>>84489738
>How is fat man pushing his 50s and inhabitting body of 25-30 years old teenager who is a scientist and a superhero relatable in any way?

> How is an amoral obese nerd becoming a superhero overnight without earning it and doing things HIS way wish fulfillment for /co/?

Did you eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast
>>
>>84490005
> implying Slott would ever appear on the Internet Hate Machine
>>
File: 1466540202528.jpg (315 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1466540202528.jpg
315 KB, 900x1366
>>84486806
nopes
>>
>>84490039
He uses his Twitter just to search hate posts about himself.
>>
>>84490039
He does all the time. He routinely gets banned from message board for being a complete douche.
>>
>>84486806
I didn't mind otto, I miss the costume more than anything else. I don't really like the current one.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.