[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I've never posted on this board before (pls no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Hey guys, I've never posted on this board before (pls no bully), but how can we bring this back? This show is pure gold and saying it was before its time is an understatement. To my knowledge, they need a network producer and I actually know a couple of those through my family. One of the guys who produced the first Saw movie (and subsequent saw movies) is a family friend. Maybe I can help? I've heard you guys like this show, and it meant a lot to me 12 years ago and I just rewatched it bringing back all sorts of nostalgia. If any of you know how we can get this going I'd really appreciate the info. If all we need is a producer I really feel like I can help
>>
It's mission hill for anyone who doesn't know it
>>
>>84484877
>but how can we bring this back?
Adult swim is the only hope
>>
>>84484937
Think they would take it? Think if a movie producer (not tv producer to the best of my knowledge) said a thing or two they would listen? I really don't know what to do aside from talk to the people I know saying "hey guys this shit's awesome. Please look at it"

But I'm afraid they're just going to say "yeah seems great, just like firefly"

But this show is so pertinent to the geopolitical climate today. And the animation style is fantastic, along with the fact that most people in their mid to late 20's (which would be the core audience) identifies with the vibrant inner city, yet not ghetto, themes. It even stresses the importance/benefits of actually working as opposed to living off neetbux.

Sorry for the page, I just really want to bring mission hill back and I want to help
>>
>>84484984
adult swim or netflix maybe
>>
>>84484877
people are finally beginning to realize that it's not enough to get the title, the actors, even the company that owns it back, you have to have the writers and producers. and even then, they have to be still just as on-their-game as they used to be.
not only are bill oakley and josh weinstein tragically no longer writing together, the former is working on portlandia and the latter was writing for... oh wow, gravity falls. that explains a lot. so now he's just doing a kids' show for bbc... ... shit actually maybe they COULD get back together.
>>
Just enjoy what it was anon, don't be autism
>>
>>84485122
I figured that small network was the only way to go, but I just wanted to know if there's anything that we could do to supplement me saying to a producer "hey I swear this is good." Signatures, facebook group, anything like that. Anything to show that it has a cult following that will give ratings. I found a youtube channel that has every episode (aside from 1 and 2) that has ~30k views per video. That'll help, but it could be called an anomaly
>>84485223
But my point is I could maybe help with the producers if I have enough proof that it won't be a flop. I really think that with what's happening in 20 somethings lives now the show would absolutely take off. Times are a lot different than they were in 2002.
Oakley and Weinstein may no longer write together, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't. Portlandia doesn't exactly take a lot of effort considering Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen come up with most of the content. And gravity falls isn't exactly a year round project.

This is doable if we give them a reason to do it
>>84485238
>don't be autism
This is 4chan, we're all autistic
>>
Another thing, the show had the first televised gay kiss. In the wake of Orlando (I feel trashy for using it), that could help it. They wrote that in 1999, and yet it's infinitely more applicable today. Same with how jaded 20 somethings are, and the episode in OP pic where he just doesn't give a shit about how the world is evidently ending. Everything in that show lines up perfectly with the events going on today. it's as if the show was written with the events currently happening in mind
>>
>>84485338
we don't wanna win that way
>>
>>84485392
It was a poor example to use. The US is much more open to homosexuality than it was in 2002. They use TV as an empowerment now. The resume supporting same sex couples certainly wouldn't hurt is all I was saying
>>
File: the world in crisis.png (174 KB, 1268x915) Image search: [Google]
the world in crisis.png
174 KB, 1268x915
>the world in crisis

More on that later.
>>
>>84485924
Jesus all sorts of Nostalgia happening in this thread
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.