[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a worse avatar >Someone says something I don't like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: shit.jpg (509 KB, 600x838) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
509 KB, 600x838
Name a worse avatar
>Someone says something I don't like
>Physically attack them
>Can't physically attack something or someone
>Verbally attack my friends instead
>Let the spirits live in our world and destroy republic city because "let's all live together guys, can't we all get along?" thus putting the world on the path to becoming near-uninhabitable by non-bending humans like in Wan's time
>Disappears for months because some airbender almost killed her and got PTSD even though 7917 other people almost killed her before him
>Learns nothing but "I like vagina now" by the end of the series
>>
What's the point of making these threads? You hate Korra? Okay, so? We've had plenty of threads that list Korra's problems and they're all pretty much the same, with the same repiles. So, why do you guys keep making them? Are you new?
>>
Name an Avatar that wasn't shit.
>>
>>84482848
You are stupid.
>>
>>84482960
This is the first thread I've made on the subject
Get fucked

>>84483014
Aang and Wan
Roku made lots of mistakes but he was still better than Korra.
>>
>>84483050
Hi, Korra
Don't you have someone with a different opinion than you to attack?
>>
>>84483014
Yangchen

>>84482848
Kyoshi and Roku were at least AS bad
>>
File: griffith.jpg (43 KB, 200x236) Image search: [Google]
griffith.jpg
43 KB, 200x236
>>84482848
Korra is starting to sound like Griffith
>>
>>84483060
Aang ran away when the airbenders needed him most and Wan set free the dark avatar.
>>
>>84483060
>This is the first thread I've made on the subject
>Get fucked
Not him, but even if you haven't made a thread on this, you've undoubtedly seen one of the many, many others.

We all agree Korra sucked.

Circlejerks like you want are for faggots.
>>
File: 34873563695.png (151 KB, 464x563) Image search: [Google]
34873563695.png
151 KB, 464x563
>>84482848
Korra is all around a shit character. She would have been made a lot more interesting if she actually lost the Avatar spirit permanently because she's such a terrible person, and a new Avatar was born. Seeing her become the first ex Avatar, and having to actually learn to live with that would be pretty interesting and might have actually made her character someone redeemable.

Instead, she became the first Avatar to break the Avatar cycle and completely lose her connection to the past Avatars, and her crowning achievement was to unravel the life's work of the first Avatar. And her reward is to get her cunt munched by a character who she shat all over in the first two seasons.

What a shitty cartoon. I wish I didn't watch it.
>>
>>84482848
She brought airbenders back. Granted it was by accident, but so was Aang running away to not get slaughtered with the rest of his people.

I'll tell you who's a shit, though. Roku. Purely by merit of results, he fucked up the worst.
>>
>>84484111
>She brought airbenders back
There's no indication that was a result of leaving the portals open, and it did much more harm than good anyway.

Though I do think Kyoshi was worse. At least Korra TRIED to help people other than herself.
>>
>>84483060
Wan single-handedly thrust chaos and destruction into the world. Did you not see how bad things were at his death? All him.
>>
File: koh.jpg (33 KB, 827x350) Image search: [Google]
koh.jpg
33 KB, 827x350
Thanks for leaving the portals open Korra, I'm off to go steal some faces enjoy scissoring your girlfriend or whatever
>>
>>84482848

Didn't they sweep the spirit vines destroying the city under the rug?
>>
>>84484188
Kind of, they had Asami "rebuild" the entire city to accommodate them, and then that shit got blown up at the end of season 4 anyways so it literally didnt matter
>>
>>84484032
>Instead, she became the first Avatar to break the Avatar cycle and completely lose her connection to the past Avatars, and her crowning achievement was to unravel the life's work of the first Avatar.

The life work of Wan was to use Raava's light spirit to guide the world towards peace. He wanted different groups of people to learn to live together. He says so at the end of the two part-er.
People kept unraveling Wan's work by sticking to just their own nations.

And back in AtLA I thought the cycle was going to be broken when Azula shot Aang and the next season would have Aang bereft of Roku and the past lives plus the power boost and he'd have to stand on his own with the friends he made. But nah he didn't really die despite saying he did and Katara brought him back. Also he went on a field trip in his sleep and found the past lives hanging around.
Nothing bad happened here.

Yes the wrote Korra wrong and thought they were doing it right.
>>
>>84484222
I wonder how long Korra would last against Azula in a fight
>>
>>84484170
Didn't you make ammends with your mother and save face thereby ending your drive to steal faces?
>>
>>84484157
>There's no indication that was a result of leaving the portals open
What else could it have been? And the only harm was turning a section of republic city into a weird jungle. The spirits are more like annoying teddy bears than an actual threat, and neither of those things outweighs reviving a dead race.
>>
>>84484170
Couldn't Koh do what he wanted anyway? How did he steal old Avatar Whatshisface's wife's face.
>>
>>84484239
It'd be like Zuko. Endurance and constantly getting back up after taking a hit. She'd lose because Azula would be the antagonist of the season so Korra would lose until the last episode then with the power of unnecessary teamwork and writer's fiat Azula would remember that her mother didn't love her and make a mistake too many.

Then Azula would surrender and they'd fuck with Zuko or something.
>>
>>84484251
Did he? I havent read the comics but I didnt think they had done anything with him, though I did hear about his mother being included

Still, he cant be the only unscrupulous spirit around

>>84484267
I guess, but the portals definitely make it easier for him and anyone else to just wander through and start fucking shit up
>>
>>84484222
>>84484222
I believe there was actually a tie-in game on their website that had Aang journeying through the Spirit World during his coma rebuilding his connection to his past lives.
>>
>>84484267
>Couldn't Koh do what he wanted anyway? How did he steal old Avatar Whatshisface's wife's face.

No see he needs the portals because that's how he stole Kuruk's wife's face back then. See the portals opened for a bit and he left. If they didn't he'd always be trapped in the spirit world. So now that the portals are opened and the AtLA comics aren't canon and Koh didn't resolve his mother issues, Koh can do what he loves and that's harass people for no reason.
>>
>>84484309
>AtLA comics arent canon

Wait what
>>
>>84484297
Yes, that's what I said. He went on a field trip and gathered back his past lives since him dying wasn't the same as Korra having that hereto unforeseen spirit ripped out of her.

>>84484285
>Still, he cant be the only unscrupulous spirit around
He's not. That's why there's spiritual profiling like racial profiling. And that's why the Avatar is the bridge so that those fuckers stay over there rather than reach a balance in themselves and find harmony.
>>
>>84484267
>>84484309
He stole the face of a guy in the comics too. I don't think he needs the portals.

>>84484255
Even as someone who doesn't think leaving the portals open will result in anything bad in the long run, the canon doesn't exactly provide evidence for why it's a good idea. The only thing I can think of is spirits that really dislike humans don't pop over because the physical world is swarming with them.
>>
>>84484343
How can the Avatar police which spirits pass through the portals when there are now 3 of them

On top of that this is Korra we're talking about, I doubt she could handle one portal
>>
>>84484325
The ATLA comics are canon, I don't know what that guy is talking about.
>>
File: 1407857798796.jpg (52 KB, 590x463) Image search: [Google]
1407857798796.jpg
52 KB, 590x463
>>84484309
>AtLA comics aren't canon
>>
>>84484367
To be fair in the three years the portals were opened Koh didn't exactly take over the North Pole or anything. If spirit purification can become a widespread technique you can probably set up special task forces in the south and Republic City.
>>
>>84484367
BUILD A WALL
>>
>>84482848
literally every Avatar we've seen seriously fucked up

maybe giving a random person ultimate power and authority wasn't the best idea
>>
>>84484309
>AtLA comics aren't canon

But that's wrong, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>84484394
Well the north pole is shit, so maybe thats why. Also you cant really go anywhere from there unless Koh can swim or fly, which seeing as he is a centipede of sorts I highly doubt it. The RC portal would give him access to the entire UR and EK
>>
>>84483895
Griffith definitely didn't learn to like vagina by the end (okay there isn't an "end"). It's the opposite if anything.
>>
File: Ozai.png (72 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Ozai.png
72 KB, 333x250
>>84484421
This to be honest, the Fire Nation could have united the world but nooo, Aang had to be all like "muh holocaust" and ruin everything
>>
>>84484426
>The RC portal would give him access to the entire UR and EK
But we don't know how Koh fights (if he does at all) or how fast he can take faces. I really doubt the guy can take over Republic City, never mind the Earth Kingdom.
>>
>>84484426
>which seeing as he is a centipede of sorts I highly doubt it.

This is true. The only centipedes I know of can steal faces and add them to their collection which they can switch between at the blink of an eye. But I've never seen them swim nor fly. It'll be a dark day indeed when one of those centipedes let's go its earthly tether.
>>
>>84484457
He doesnt have to take over anything, he just has to go around stealing faces, because thats what he does. The north and south pole arent exactly very heavily populated
>>
>>84484444
>checked

Shure, that could have happened, but remember this show was broadcasted on an American Cartoon station, with its key demographic being children. You're never going to see a red pilled /pol/ cartoon.
>>
>>84484279

Azula would beat Korra into dogmeat. End of story.
>>
>>84484490
Azula is only an above average bender by LOK's standards. All she has going for her now is her blue fire and I'm willing to bet she's not going to be the only person capable of making it.
>>
>>84484477
>The north and south pole arent exactly very heavily populated

So he doesn't have a quota to fill? I mean the portals were opened already and he didn't do anything. Was he always standing by the door waiting for the solstice to happen on the other side that he couldn't see so that he could call dibs on faces then scurry back to the spirit world?
Why didn't he just stay on the human side then?
>>
>>84484580
We don't know shit about Koh or his motives, everyone saying he'd try to take over and steal as many faces as he can are talking out of their asses.

He's kind of set up as someone who deals out divine punishment, but we don't know if that's his actual purpose or if he just decided one day he was going to start doing it.
>>
>>84484568
Not really, I mean yeah most firebenders can lightning bend in LoK but most benders actually lack any kind of intense training. Azula's firebending outclasses there's without a doubt, hell she can fucking jet boost, the only other person who has done that is Ozai with the comet

Besides, Korra is shit at all forms of bending, so even if Azula is only above average in Korra's time, Korra is very below average in her own time and only slightly below average in Azula's time
>>
>>84484444
Checked

4 nations
4 elements
4 peoples
4 the glory of the Fire Lord
>>
>>84482848
>she is a hot lesbian tomboy
>her lover is a hot femme fatale
What is not to like?
>>
>>84484624
>hell she can fucking jet boost, the only other person who has done that is Ozai with the comet
Korra, Mako and Iroh II can do it. Korra actually propels herself up an entire building and without going into the Avatar state.

>Korra is very below average in her own time
She's really not but everyone always obsesses over when she messes up and not when she actually pulls off impressive moves.
>>
>>84482848
and?
>>
>>84484651
>her lover is a hot femme fatale
That's a funny way to say "cardboard cutout waifu who bryan couldn't be assed to actually give a personality to because he was too busy jacking off to his amazing unique character design".
>>
>>84484659
Korra gets her ass beat by literally everyone, she only ever pulls off impressive moves against nameless mooks
>>
File: lesbians.jpg (164 KB, 540x707) Image search: [Google]
lesbians.jpg
164 KB, 540x707
>>84484676
I just want to imagine her railing Korra with one of her inventions.
>>
End of series Korra beats Azula hands down.
Early Korra vs Azula would be decent
>>
>>84484708
What did Asami invent that wasnt a variation of something her father built?
>>
>>84483895
Except Griffith is right about everything and creating a better world.

No actions were taken that may be considered wrong
>>
>>84484708
>implying Asami isn't a vanilla disney princess who thinks couples are supposed to orgasm at the same time
It's hilarious how people miss the entire point of what little character she has just because they want to picture themselves as her while they beat the shit out of Korra. I guess the lack of personality makes it easy.
>>
>>84484722
The airbending suits... yeah. You just actually made me realize Asami never invents a damn thing. The hummingbird mechs?
>>
>>84484742
An offshoot of her father's mechs and airplanes

She literally didn't invent anything new

Its almost like shes a superfluous character that should have been dropped after season 1
>>
>>84484742
>>84484753
She's a business woman
>>
>>84484767
She isnt very good at that either
>>
>>84484753
>An offshoot of her father's mechs and airplanes
that's a stretch
>>
>>84484753
The concepts of the hummingbird mech weren't new but you can't say they weren't a new invention just because it was made by Asami. You don't have to make such false claims to prove Asami is boring. We already know.
>>
File: 1412307738336.png (149 KB, 500x593) Image search: [Google]
1412307738336.png
149 KB, 500x593
>>84484753
>Its almost like shes a superfluous character that should have been dropped after season 1
Now what makes you say that? It surely couldn't be the time she was literally asked to leave a season finale, was it? Or how her plot in book 2 was handed to and resolved by other characters? Or how her plot in book 4 was introduced and resolved in one episode? Or how her skills as a pilot were only crucial in the book 1 finale?

But hey, she stuck some dangly things on her glove and invented flying pajamas. Get the fuck out of the way, we've got ourselves a strong female character everyone.
>>
>>84484753
It's almost like you should have been dropped too. Or maybe you already were ayyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>84484813
Bryke pls
>>
Boy. I am really not looking forward to when the new wave of Korra-centric comics come out.
>>
>>84484722
What did her father build that wasn't a variation of something someone else built?
>>
So, will the next Avatar only be able to communicate with Korra? God damn, the Avatar Cycle is fucked.
>>
>>84484840
>the shock gloves
>the mechas
>apparently fucking airplanes
>>
>>84484831
I miss when we had good discussion during season 3 and 4. Those last two minutes of the finale made everyone go insane
>>
>>84484831
When are those coming out anyhow?
>>
>>84484831
>>84484864
They're supposed to come out after the first issue of North and South in the Fall, but there are rumors circling that they're being pushed back.
>>
>>84484421
Its not random people anon its one person in a multitude of meatsuits and that person is Wan even fucking Korra is Wan.
>>
>>84484971
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say they're all Raava who has just developed a fetish for fusing with humans?
>>
>>84484733
I can work with that but there is too much asamidom in their fanart to not think about.
D-don't l-lick it Korra, it is dirty!
>>
>>84484978
Fuck Raava the avatar was better as a god in a human body a literal god not Wan's soul and another god.
>>
>>84484857
Destroying the cycle was completly dumb.
>>
>>84485011
The Avatar being a god or whatever was never canon, it was just something in the series' bible that never made it into the canon.
>>
>The avatard must master the four elements
>isnt just bond with the innate ability to use all the four elements
What sort of horseshit is Raava on?
>>
>>84485041
Raava just gives them the strength needed to wield all four elements. IIRC the lion-turtle in Wan's time says something about how it would kill a normal human to try and take on more than one element at a time.
>>
>Only the avatar can master the four elements to bring balance to the world
>balance to the world

How is the Fire Nation taking over an issue of balance? I mean the balance was beyond fucked once airbenders were basically extinct at the start of the series so fuck balance.

>HURR AVATAR SAVE US FROM THE SMARTER FIRE NATION PEOPLE WE DONT WANT TO LOSE OUR STUPID CULTURES HURR

Thats what Katara really meant.

Also I hate that the avatard must be some superhero or humantarian and cater to humans beings like the avatar is equal to them or some shit or cater to spirits like the avatar is equal to them or some shit. No the avatar is above bot humans and spirits and thus should not be bound with their problems meaning the avatar has no fucking destiny it decides its own destiny and path.
>>
Yeah she's a terrible Avatar

That's what makes her an interesting character

I see a lot of people bitch about Korra but the fact is she's a well-written character. Her bad attitude CONSTANTLY gets in her way, which is why it takes an entire season to take down any one of her enemies.
>>
>>84485092
>How is the Fire Nation taking over an issue of balance? I mean the balance was beyond fucked once airbenders were basically extinct at the start of the series so fuck balance.
Because they're kind of killing and conquering anyone who doesn't want to share in their "glory".
>>
>>84484733
>who thinks couples are supposed to orgasm at the same time

t-they don't?
>>
>>84485105
Yh and thats most of human history, the fire nation would have won if Sozin didnt fuck up in killing Aang, then their ethnic group would be the majority on the entire planet eventually the fire nation would split into indepedent countries and wage war on eachother for resources.
>>
>>84485115
Oh my God Asami, I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>84485131
Man it's like one of the messages of ATLA was that war is bad.
>>
>>84485092
fuck off su
>>
>>84483050
No; you.

>>84484651
>she is hot
>>
korra haters are so fucking stupid
>>
We have this thread every week. Kuruk will always be the worst Avatar. Being in a time of peace is no excuse for fighting people for the sake of fighting and surfing all your life.
>>
File: equality.png (147 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
equality.png
147 KB, 444x250
>>84482848
Reminder that season one villain literally did nothing wrong. I mean, seriously, bending is completely obsolete in a modern society, and was basically only used as an entertainment sport. I couldn't force myself to watch the second season.
>>
I think it wouldve been cool if someone like Katara had been the Avatar.
She'd be like Kyoshi except she cares about people other than her family and friends. Also the type of Avatar who would get killed in a war
>>
>>84485251
Anon, forcibly removing a mass of people's innate natural abilities, especially when those abilities ARE used in the setting outside of sports, is wrong.
That's like saying you want to weaken all athletes because they are athletes and you are jealous.
>>
>>84485299
This, even if bending had no real use in society anymore that doesn't make removing it against people's wills ok. They deliberately set that shit up to look like an execution for a reason.
>>
>>84485092
t. Loser Lord>>84485092
>>
>>84485313
Also, most doctors are likely still waterbenders, probably half of the construction workers are earthbenders, we saw lightning benders at power plants (even thoigh that's a little stupid). And then there are still the metalbenders. Plus, outside of large cities, things aren't THAT different from ATLA.
>>
>>84485206
Hello tumblr
You have to go back
>>
File: 1395825071785.png (238 KB, 437x338) Image search: [Google]
1395825071785.png
238 KB, 437x338
>>84485299
Athletes use their powers for sports ONLY, you just said that bending is used outside of sports (to oppress non-benders) so you just contradicted yourself.
>>
File: 1468372859226.jpg (311 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1468372859226.jpg
311 KB, 803x688
>>84485370
epic
>>
>>84485384
Go to bed Amon
>>
>>84485370
No he's right. Korra is very hateable, but people pick the worst reasons to hate her.
>>
File: 1460425630715.png (891 KB, 1267x1076) Image search: [Google]
1460425630715.png
891 KB, 1267x1076
>>84484733
Oh great, the
>m-muh pure qt
waifufags are here.
>>
>>84485384
That really isn't a contradiction. I'm making two different points. >>84485394
>>
>>84484714
Considering Korra never won a fight of importance on her own I find that really hard to believe.
>>
File: 34.jpg (39 KB, 438x237) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
39 KB, 438x237
>>84485394
What? Athletes also train to get their powers, fuck, even Aang had to train for his powers. Korra was born with them and still managed to mess everything up. Ever wonder why all the top authority positions were held by benders? Because it's like monarchy; you have a distinct advantage explicitly because of your bloodline and NOTHING else.
>>
>>84484999
Asamidom porn is the pleb's choice.
>>
>>84485407
Asami is not my waifu by any margin. She's just not a seductive femme fatale like people think she is.
>>
>>84485093
The thing is that an interesting character is very rarely also a frustrating one and Korra is basically nothing but frustrating.
>>
>>84485432
We're not talking about Korra, we're talking about bending in general. If at this point you think bending can only be used for sports and fighting, you haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>84485432
Nah Korra trained for her powers, the show just skipped that, but she didn't have to do as much to get trained like hunting down a firebender that doesn't want to kill you.
>>
File: 1459877563421.jpg (30 KB, 961x536) Image search: [Google]
1459877563421.jpg
30 KB, 961x536
She should have been raped more.
>>
>>84485206
I have a lot of problems with the show and I think the first two seasons range from terrible to mediocre but a lot of the complaints I see here are just so fucking dumb or petty
>>
>>84485434
I don't hate it either way but I always liked when the supposedly weaker perty dominates the stronger one.
>>
>>84485479
>Nah Korra trained for her powers
In the first seconds of the first episode you can see baby Korra stomping through the hut using every form of bending to deliberately signal to the audience that this isn't going to be a series about her training (like Avatar: last airbender was).
>>
>>84485530
I think they were saying she trained to master them.
>>
>>84485530
That really doesn't men much. She still trained for like over a decade.
>>
Why is Asami porn the best LoK R34?
I go to paheal to rub one out to Korra and always end up fapping to Asami.
>>
>>84485563
She has a generic but appealing design.
>>
Harmonic Convergence making new airbenders is a load of bull.
>>
File: ngzl7abLqV1tl5boeo1_r2_1280.jpg (341 KB, 640x894) Image search: [Google]
ngzl7abLqV1tl5boeo1_r2_1280.jpg
341 KB, 640x894
>>84485563
Asami is pure sex
>>
>>84485578
All of season 2 was, but it gave us more airbenders which was cool.
The cause was retarded but the effect was cool.
>>
>>84485578
I interpreted it as Raava "winning" Harmonic Convergence and so the natural order tipped towards balance, and having Airbenders was a result of it.

I'm kind of glad they did it though, if only for Tenzin's kids' sake.
>>
>>84485578
you mean because it was poorly explained or do you not believe it
>>
>>84485588
I'd have sex with her too, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>84485618
No because its bullshit. I hate this fucking show not explain how bending is spread when it obviously something metaphysical yet it apepars as though genes play a role which explains why earthbenders arent popping up in the Fire Nation or Waterbenders in the Air Nomads.

>inb4 DURR HURR LIION TURTLE DURRR
Yes yes but do explain this bullshit with humans that OBVIOUSLY never came from the humans that had the airbending turtle gift becoming airbendiers, fuck logic.
>>
>>84485643
why does it look like korra's got a butt growing out of her chest
>>
>>84485578
It would've been fine if they'd done anything interesting with it but they didn't.
>>
>>84485649
I agree that the show does a shit job at explaining things.
I take it as the show's version of souls and spirits work similar to genetics.
And lion turtles gifted bending to people but they mastered it by watching the animals and the moon
>>
>>84485649
>Yes yes but do explain this bullshit with humans that OBVIOUSLY never came from the humans that had the airbending turtle gift becoming airbendiers, fuck logic.
The prevailing theory is that they all had air nomad blood in them from way, way back. Or because it's just the cycle naturally restoring itself it said screw it and grabbed randoms, because there was only one living descendant of an airbender who couldn't bend.
>>
>>84485588
Yeah, that's pretty much her entire character anyway.
>>
>>84485685
>The prevailing theory is that they all had air nomad blood in them from way, way back.
Thats bullshit Air Nomads are isolationist fucks since Wan's time they would never mix with outsiders except the exiled faggots if a tiny percent of genes causes fucking airbending then they should be alot of firebenders with earthbending.
>>
File: poetrytheshow.png (2 MB, 956x1375) Image search: [Google]
poetrytheshow.png
2 MB, 956x1375
>>84482848
>>
>>84485702
No need to be so hostile. They were isolationist in that they didn't get involved in wars and politics, not that they never left the Air Temples or interacted with people from other nations.
>>
>>84485649
The reason why they need to explain it is because you've made the assumption of genes but it really doesn't even suggest that. It could just be spiritually familial or something.
>>
File: 1467179959914.gif (2 MB, 413x252) Image search: [Google]
1467179959914.gif
2 MB, 413x252
>people discussing why the show is shit
>people posting censored porn and discussing how great it is
Every Korra thread.
>>
File: 140623367852.png (146 KB, 416x423) Image search: [Google]
140623367852.png
146 KB, 416x423
>>84485434
her design is so perfect for a domme tho
>>
>>84485752
She doesn't have the personality for it, though.
>>
>>84485723
>spiritual family
What?

How is that even possible a family is a biological concept immortal spirits cant have no families.
>>
>>84485727
Korra porn is the true avatar. Uniting all peoples.
>>
>>84485727
It's really GOAT tbqh.
>>
>>84485763
Anon, spirits aren't real to begin with tips fedora, why are you assigning arbitrary rules for them in this fictional setting?
>>
>>84485763
>immortal spirits cant have no families.

you're cute anon
>>
File: bait.gif (477 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
477 KB, 500x281
>>84485715
>>
File: 1462797182616.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1462797182616.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>84485752
I always think she's much more confident than she really is, probably because she looks like comic Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>84485803
Because they are not biological just admit its bullshit already fuck.
>>
>>84485853
Koh has a mommy though
>>
File: youfuckingwhatm8.jpg (6 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
youfuckingwhatm8.jpg
6 KB, 259x195
>>84485866
>>
File: 1412625521555.png (91 KB, 320x328) Image search: [Google]
1412625521555.png
91 KB, 320x328
>>84485888
>>
>>84485892
So whos his mommy?
>>
>>84485926
mother of faces, she's from the comics.
>>
>>84485853
Nobody said they were.
>>
>>84482848
I quit this shit after season 1.

Does she even consult her past lives about if releasing violent spirits on humanity was a good idea?

Literally all spirits want humans to stay in stone age tech because MUH ENVIRONMENT
>>
>>84485971
She did and they basically just went "Its your decision and we have no actual input".
>>
>>84485971
>Does she even consult her past lives about if releasing violent spirits on humanity was a good idea?
Mmm.

>Literally all spirits want humans to stay in stone age tech because MUH ENVIRONMENT
There's a three year timeskip after she leaves the portals open and there's no massive attack launched by the spirits so apparently what you said isn't true.
>>
>>84485985
Wow what a bunch of shitters.

Maybe it's a good thing Korra got them all permakilled.

Speaking of that so after Korra loses her ability to connect with past lives, does it imply that those spirits like Aang are still in the spirit world or were their souls obliterated from all planes of existence?
>>
File: 1412464671609.png (497 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
1412464671609.png
497 KB, 1280x1080
>>84485930
good taste

I wish LoK set up a good /ss/ situation
>>
>>84486008
>Speaking of that so after Korra loses her ability to connect with past lives, does it imply that those spirits like Aang are still in the spirit world or were their souls obliterated from all planes of existence?
They're probably Gone gone but we don't really know because there hasn't been anything about an afterlife established in the setting, probably because Nick didn't want to piss off Christians. Tenzin saw Aang in the Spirit World but we don't really know what was going on there.
>>
File: 1463662025810.png (258 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1463662025810.png
258 KB, 900x675
>>84486027
I think the show's quality would skyrocket if Korra was a 10 year old girl, and the show was kept exactly as it is.
>>
>>84486041
I assumed the spirit world was the afterlife.

So Tenzin saw Aang there after he was disconnected from Korea?
>>
>>84486058
>So Tenzin saw Aang there after he was disconnected from Korea?
I don't remember. I think it was either before or it was happening while Korra was fighting Unalaq and getting Raava ripped out of her.
>>
File: 1413847882502.jpg (344 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1413847882502.jpg
344 KB, 700x800
>>84486041
>They're probably Gone gone but we don't really know because there hasn't been anything about an afterlife established in the setting
Well, we had Iroh moving to the spirit world after he passed away.

Which reminds me, I wish spirit Iroh and Zuko had some kind of interaction. Korra mentions seeing Iroh to Zuko and he has this
>wait, you saw my uncle?
moment but that's the last of it.
>>
>>84486158
>Well, we had Iroh moving to the spirit world after he passed away.
I thought it was implied it didn't happen after he died, he died because he decided he was tired of being alive and decided to meditate into the spirit world and stayed there.
>>
>>84486176
I don't remember exactly, but that's kind of an afterlife isn't it?
>>
>>84484767
And she was so good at running "her" business (which she inherited) that it almost immediately goes bankrupt the moment she takes over... And then, after having a single boat stolen, because that was literally all the company had left.

Yes, I know that technically neither of those things are her fault, but to be fair, she doesn't actually solve the problem herself either. As with everything in the show, events happen around her, her contribution being the pretty background waifu.
>>
>>84484490
If we're going by how good they're supposed to be, Korra would most likely beast mode Azula and anyone except white lotus masters in Atla. Unfortunately they made Korra job all the time instead.
>>
>>84482848
The only objectively bad things about the show are the S4 ending, and minor things here and there.

What you posted are nitpicks at non-issues.
>>
>>84486245
Season 4 she's a railroad tycoon. If you count her and Varrick's partnership as a good thing then she is set.
>>
>>84486211
It's an afterlife for a limited number of people who manage to actively achieve it.
It's like Force Ghosts in Star Wars, it's not an automatic process. Iroh literally meditated so deeply that his spirit detached from his body entirely and his body died, it's not like he could go and visit Lu Ten in the Spirit World because 99.9999% of people's spirits don't end up there.
Avatar's get a sort of half-afterlife where they live on through the Avatar Spirit, but that can be wiped clean, unlike Iroh whose 100% spirit now.
>>
>>84482848
>literally nothing about the fire nation
>kuvira's motives are unclear
>plot gets overshadowed by the forced romance
I want to like book 4 but these happened.
>>
>>84482848
I guess only Airbenders can be heroes since Korra is at her best when she spams airbending, the aftermath of Book 3 make them heroes while the Earth Nation are left with nothing and a villain took over in the next book.
>>
>>84486704
What's unclear about Kuvira's motives? She wants to unite the Earth Kingdom. Chin the Conqueror 2.0
>>
>>84485483
This desu
>>
>>84485660
Instead of having the tits spread throughout the chest like normal tits do, the drawfag made them fall to the sides.
>>
>>84482848
Aang running away and hiding made the Fire Nation conquer almost the entire damn world and kill off nearly two continents of both air and water benders.

At least Korra dealt with her problems, albeit in a terrible way sometimes. Aang only won in the end because of some bullshit.
>>
File: 1450845852529.gif (2 MB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1450845852529.gif
2 MB, 500x276
>>84482848
Would wanting to be paid for my services make me a bad Avatar? I mean yeah, I get that maybe it's expected of me to do something with my powers to help people, but I'd still have bills to pay, and "duty" is just a word somebody made up to make people feel obligated to do things that aren't in their best interests. What right would anybody have to tell me that I had to go save the world if I instead wanted to become a landscape gardener or maybe just spend the day lying on the couch watching TV or something?

Think along the lines of a Witcher in terms of "yes, I'll kill the monster that's been eating your friends and family, but you're going to have to pay me the equivalent of half your yearly wage to do it" type deal.
>>
>>84483905
In Aang's case, there was no way to know FN was going to attack the nomads, and he didn't actively caused the FN to attack.

Korra caused S02, S03 and S04 of her own show by her own actions.
>>
Penis.
>>
>>84487846
yea that makes you a bad avatar
>>
File: 1430255008570.png (641 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1430255008570.png
641 KB, 960x720
>>84484444
This
>>
>>84489268
Cheap whore.
>>
File: 1467352442684.gif (451 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1467352442684.gif
451 KB, 500x375
>>84489535
shut up Katara

we're not talking about Jin.
>>
>>84484255
>What else could it have been?
Harmonic Convergence.

>And the only harm was turning a section of republic city into a weird jungle.
Leaving a bunch of people homeless.

And if you think leaving the portals open brought the airbenders back, then she is directly responsible for all the bad things that happened in the second half of the series.
>>
>>84484971
>its one person
They have completely different personalities and memories. They're not the same person just because they have the same magic tapeworm.
>>
>>84485213
Kuruk is the only Avatar we know of that didn't cause major harm to the world.
>>
>>84482848
Korra spawned not one, not two but THREE separate 'trainer' ero games where you break her into a cum-guzzling gutter slut.

So there's that.
http://pastebin.com/Y0WWTZ67
>>
>>84483905
>Fucking 11 year old running away from a brutal war
>CLEARLY HE WAS JUST BEING AN ASSHAT GUYS

Yeah fuck off
>>
THE
DARK
FUCKING
>>
>>84485831
Hows that bait? A lot of the reasons people have gripes about Korra are similar to the reasons people have gripes about the Prequels. It's a pretty simple observation.
>>
>>84482848
The thing that bothers me the most about leaving the portals open is that there is zero reason why she or anyone would think it's a good idea. There are tons of potential negatives and no known positives.
>>
>>84489827
Certainly a bold move for the series, having the protagonist complete the villain's plans and then show it not working out in the slightest.
>>
>>84489969
Seriously though. When asks the spirits in Republic City in season 4 to help protect it they basically tell her to fuck off and that this is a "human" problem and they leave. Those fuckers wouldn't be able to live there if it wasn't for Korra opening up the portals seeing how she did all of that for them and they couldn't even return the favour. She should have straight up told them off for being ungrateful assholes considering she lost access to all the previous avatars to save them in season 2.

That scene actually pissed me off.
>>
>show ends both with the birth of a lesbian relationship and the implication of a qt white girl getting BLACKED

BRAVO TUMBLR
R
A
V
O
>>
>>84482848
Okay, I'm convinced that /co/ is secretly tsundere for Korra. Hate threads every single day, and then using it as an excuse to post artwork. It's sad.
>>
>>84484731

Said the Anti Christ
>>
>>84490444
People are dissapointed with the show, but they love the porn.
>>
Korra's entire arc was that she was a self-righteous simpleton who a anger issue. She always won out in the end, but the fallout was often major. She grew to control her impulses through the third season into the final one, where she now struggled to solve problems with her new mindset.
>>
>>84482848
Normally I would say Kuruk, but he had it easy after Yangchen, and his only real problem was Koh stealing his lady's face.
>>
The whole Korra series has just been a downward spiral of her character getting more and more pathetic.
>>
>>84483852
Kyoshi and Roku didn't break the Avatar line nor invite immortal magical super beings into the physical world en masse to terrorize humanity.

>>84484111
>She brought airbenders back.
They were already back, she accelerated the process and in doing so plunged the largest country on Earth into chaos.

>>84484162
>Wan single-handedly thrust chaos and destruction into the world.
He allowed for civilization to exist beyond lion turtles and locked Vaatu away, which was way better than letting him and Raava duke it out every 10,000 years.

>>84484239
Comics aren't canon.

>>84484568
>Azula is only an above average bender by LOK's standards.
She is incredible by LoK standards.

>>84484659
>She's really not
She can't lightning bend and has never won a single fight in the Avatar State. Korra is shit.

>>84485092
>No the avatar is above bot humans and spirits
We've seen a random Dark Spirit bitch slap an Avatar in the State and another Avatar fail utterly against Koh. The spirit world appears to be infinitely large, which means there's probably spirits far nastier than Vaatu or Raava. The Avatar isn't above spirits in the slightest.

>>84486041
>Tenzin saw Aang in the Spirit World but we don't really know what was going on there.
He was in a hallucigenic mist, that likely wasn't Aang.

>>84489969
>having the protagonist complete the villain's plans and then show it not working out in the slightest.
Vaatu's main goal in opening the portals was freeing himself. The spirits weren't under his influence once Jinora took him out, and still lead to disaster and driving people from their homes after only a few years (let alone thousands).

>>84490110
>she lost access to all the previous avatars to save them in season 2.
The spirits don't really care about Vaatu winning Harmonic Convergence, they just rage out for a while, not die. Which is another reason living with spirits is a terrible idea.
>>
>>84482848
>Let the spirits live in our world and destroy republic city because "let's all live together guys, can't we all get along?"

Makes me think of desegregation. Funny that Detroit used to be a nice city.
>>
>>84491073
Autism.
>>
>>84489768
Yangchen has the best record but Kuruk was pretty harmless.
>>
>>84484862
It wasn't just that, it was more like the entire finale. We could still have comfy avatar and LoK threads, but Bryke had to ruin it.
>>
>>84485093
If they did anything with it it would be awesome, but they don't. Korras bad choices have no impact on anything except for when the writers try to say a certain thing.

Also Korras attitude never interfered with her ability to fight the bad guy.
>>
>>84482848

>be me
>be a beespider keeper and firebender
>have a nice farm and family
>one day, I find a bearpig spirit completely trashing my stock of honey
>I tell him to stop, and that he's destroying my livelyhood
>He laughs at me, tells me that I need to get with the times, spirits and humans are living in harmony now
>I fire bend at him
>He gets mad and morphs my body into a contorted man-bear-pig form
>My wife is horrified, as are my kids, hell the whole village does now, some even claim I deserved it for disturbing the peace
>My family leaves me, my village shuns me
>My Life is now in ruins because some dumb teenager decided it would be better to live together, despite the fucking fact there was a reason we were made to live apart
>mfw

T-thanks, Korra
>>
>>84485971
>>84485985
She didn't, she only ever talked to Aang, and got a flashback from another avatar, the one who locked up the spirits in the first place. It was just an impulse decision made for no apparant reason.

I guess the writers wanted her to do something "legendary" and thought this little gem up without thinking about what it would mean or what was written in the season earlier.
>>
>>84493383
That's what you get for being ghost racist, shitlord.
>>
>>84491571
Detroit fell apart because it stopped being the epicenter for car manufacturing and other forms of industry. Blame big business moving their factories to countries where it's cheaper to make stuff and import them. That's pretty much the tale for most of these cities where manufacturing was the core job provider.
>>
>>84487846
For Korra that wasn't a problem since the white lotus paid for all her expenses. I'd imagine something similar for most other avatars.
>>
>>84485483
Sadly, it was produced by Nick, not Lifetime.
>>
>>84482848
My money's on Korok.

>Didn't do anything because nothing bad happened.
>Couldn't save his wife from Koh.
>>
>>84482848
Dont' even care if she's the worst avatar. She's absolute top tier waifu material.
>>
>>84495809
>Didn't do anything because nothing bad happened.
He did plenty. It's just that alot of what he did was fucking around. Thus how he pissed off the spirits.
>Couldn't save his wife from Koh.
He tried, and that was the problem. He spent the rest of his life in the spirit world trying to get her back.

Also, it's Kuruk.
>>
>>84484111
>She brought airbenders back
1. there is no way to know if it was her actions or simply harmonic convergence

2. bringing airbenders back serves no purpose. The only thing this achieved is the death of the earth queen and subsequently S04. Oh, and plenty of people getting imprisoned for being airbenders.
>>
>>84489646
#rekt
>>
>>84490298
I always thought ATLA and LoK were set in a pseudo-asian universe and didn't have any whites/Europeans
>>
>>84487534
Why would they when they're still inside her clothes?

I mean I don't know if she has a bra or some shit, but her top seems pretty tight.
>>
File: purple mike haze.jpg (36 KB, 425x419) Image search: [Google]
purple mike haze.jpg
36 KB, 425x419
It kind of defies belief just how terrible this show was. I just can't imagine a group of people sitting in a planning room and giving the go ahead to all the retarded and inconsistent moments and plot points.
>lightning bending being a blue collar job
>Amon is my brother
>The Equalists just giving up as soon as Amon dies and without any regard to their actual grievances
>Everything regarding the romance in Season 1
>Katara being unable to restore Korra's bending despite the fact that Amon was only using bloodbending to block chi paths
>Aang being able to give Korra back her bending
>Bending is no longer tied to martial arts philosophies
>Everything regarding the spirits in Season 2
>Korra trusting her rat-faced Uncle
>The Dark Avatar
>I repeat: The Dark fucking Avatar
>Korra keeping the spirit portals opening despite the fact that the spirits hunted humans to near extinction the last time they were open
>Turning Kuvira into Hitler because writing moral ambiguity is hard
It's just a shit pile of bad writing decision after bad writing decision.
>>
>>84485757
Neither does Korra.
>>
>>84493383
>beespider
That is a horrifying concept
>>
File: crossover.png (1 MB, 950x2880) Image search: [Google]
crossover.png
1 MB, 950x2880
LoK was simultaneously too wacky in some parts and too self serious in others.
>>
File: 1456792719178.png (563 KB, 686x475) Image search: [Google]
1456792719178.png
563 KB, 686x475
I want a fit brown gf.
>>
>>84495809
From what I've gathered, Kuruk didn't have anything to do because Yangchen did fucking work when she was alive.

She's probably the best recent Avatar.
>>
>>84489268
God damn, I want her be belittle me sexually so badly.
>>
>>84496990
Now this is a crossover i'd like to see. I'd go for klk i avatar world too desu.
>>
>>84496879
>Bending is no longer tied to martial arts philosophies

It was already that way towards the end of ATLA.
>>
>>84485715
Huh never thought about it like that, nice find, or quality OC, I'm too lazy to reverse search.
>>
File: tumblr_nvz0itkj4o1u8szpso2_540.png (117 KB, 540x318) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvz0itkj4o1u8szpso2_540.png
117 KB, 540x318
>>84497110
It'd improve Asami for sure.
>>
>>84497610
Sure if she would be Mako
>>
File: tumblr_nvz0itkj4o1u8szpso3_1280.png (187 KB, 900x934) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvz0itkj4o1u8szpso3_1280.png
187 KB, 900x934
>>84497665
Also this would make a lot of sense.
>>
Amon had cause but was an extremist.
Unalaq was wrong.
Zaheer was wrong.
Kuvira was wrong.

We done here?
>>
>>84482848
troll
>>
>>84497885
No, fuck off.
>>
>>84497885
Kuvira was the most right of all.
>>
File: tumblr_o4vnmc432e1tl5boeo1_540.jpg (510 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4vnmc432e1tl5boeo1_540.jpg
510 KB, 540x810
>>84497978
And the most tight.
>>
>>84484444
>united
>extinction of Air Nomads
pick one
>>
>>84498055
I can't believe that hot piece of ass married such a pathetic guy
>>
>>84497141
it never was
>>
>>84486801
No motives or anything, just want to fuck people over for shits and giggles.
>>
The main issue with Korra and ATLA in general is there is no actual villains, the Fire Nation were just another country trying to expand their territory you know like most of human history they werent really villains.

>Hurrrrr they killed air nomads
The fags wouldnt tell them where Aang was so they killed literally every air nomad just to be sure they actually killed him.

>Hurr they ruin earth kingdom lives
The earth kingdom was a backwater shithole compared to the Fire Nation

>Hurr southern tribe
Eliminate the military power of your enemy to conquer them easily

The Fire Nation did nothing wrong at all.
>>
>>84498596
get out
>>
File: tumblr_ngtmabPP7a1qbgiw9o1_1280.png (2 MB, 1280x1439) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngtmabPP7a1qbgiw9o1_1280.png
2 MB, 1280x1439
>>84498342
He was a tool.
Kuvira was clearly a rug muncher in denial.
>>
File: Azula-azula-25847998-1280-1392.jpg (240 KB, 1280x1392) Image search: [Google]
Azula-azula-25847998-1280-1392.jpg
240 KB, 1280x1392
>>84498596
This desu famalam
ATLA was pretty redpilled about the nature of human conflict and LoK was pretty good about depicting BLM activists with the antibenders
>>
>>84498923
As for Korra lets see she took down a nutjob who as against superpowers for some reason. another nutjob that had something to do with spirits, another nutjob that was an anarchist, and another country expanding its territory yet we are supposed to think Kuvira did anything wrong at all.

Korra was just a weapon of the United Republic but too dumb to realize it and also a weapon of Zaofu.
>HAH OUR KORRA WILL FUCK YOU UP KUVIRA
>NOT WORRY THE KORRA WILL TAKE OUT ANY ENEMY TO REPUBLIC CITY

Thats all she and the avatar really are in this series not heroes but fucking weapons for humans to use and manipulate with their sob stories. Aang was no hero he was an imbecile and Roku was an even bigger fool not to just take Sozin's offer at his side then kill Sozin because no one tells the avatard what to do.
>>
Wan is the biggest fool in human history, this jackass decided to try to force humans to live around those spirit things that made them live on the island turtles in the first place. Wan's goal was to create peace with humans and spirits thats completely impossible any human realistic would eventually want to kill all of the spirits when they find out how the spirits ruined their lives its just human nature to destroy that threatens us, and yet we are supposed to be happy these "things" are back in the real world.

Oh look at that Jinora has cute spirit rabbit friend, how sad why dont you get some human friends instead of a spirit or a fucking pet like a normal person. This makes us want to think lunatics like Jinora the befriend these things are the right people but in reality the spirits are shit. They refused to help Korra when Unava whats his name was fucking up the real world.
>>
>>84485685
the correct theory is that it was a bad idea that the writers crammed into the story because they were idiots
>>
File: Jinora_saving_Korra.png (132 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Jinora_saving_Korra.png
132 KB, 444x250
>>84489803
>The Dark Avatar (The antichrist) attempts to destroy the world
>Jinora (Jesus Christ) helps the Avatar save the world

This is actually pure unfiltered kino. Bravo Byrke.
>>
>>84496879
>Turning Kuvira into Hitler because writing moral ambiguity is hard

Please don't remind me. It's not even like she was doing anything wrong, she was literally rounding up crime infested uncivilized villages and putting them into her empire in order to better their lives. But no, just make her take over Suyin's circlejerking society and Republic fucking City because you know what guys, this character is literally Hitler. Oh by the way she has rehabilitation camps.
>>
>>84502526
Taking over Republic City makes sense. In the comics it is made very clear that most Earth Kingdom people did not like the fact that the Earth King gave up the territory for fucking nothing.
>>
>>84502725
yeah, RC was a perfect target for someone like her, even if she wasnt evil. a more morally ambiguous version of the character still probably would have had "annex the lost fire nation colony territories" on her bucket list
>>
>>84482848
This is why so many stories suck. Because the moment a character isn't perfect people hate it. Korra was an interesting, flawed character, but that was too much to handle for most people.
>>
>>84502790
They werent even Fire Nation colonies at that point though. Zuko gave them up as part of Aangs restoration plan, then the Earth King made them independent.
From the outside it looks like Aang forced the King to give the land up even though it was the most advanced place on earth.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.