[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 4289973-03.jpg (112 KB, 421x640) Image search: [Google]
4289973-03.jpg
112 KB, 421x640
I liked it
>>
>>84481452
shit was supposed superior iron man on the subject, wrote it in the name instead. sry
>>
my condolences
>>
It is your inadequecy
>>
>>84481452
Me too, OP. It was dumb fun, which is especially notable considering how most Iron Man runs end up being dull as fuck.
>>
I loved it
>>
>>84481627
this, it's the most fun Iron Man's been in ages - far better than the Bendis tripe we're probably going to be stuck with for at least another two years
>>
>>84481452
Everyone did I think, which is sort of a broken fable.
>>
>>84482529
it was fucking fun, the suit's kinda OP tho
>>
Superior Iron Man is the best Iron Man run in a long time, and that not because of some trolly "durr Iron Man sucks and has no good stories" meme.

I think the best IM stories deal with the intersection of business, politics, and technology. Extremis for example dealt with the question of at what point does accepting money from dubious sources justify the science that is enabled from it. Superior moved Tony to San Francisco, where he should have been from the start, and cast him in the role of a really valley tech Utopian guru. I have no doubt half the valley would do the things Tony did if they were able to. And probably charge even more to boot.

The TV show Silicon Valley, while a silly comedy, is probably the closest to the type of stories IM should be telling, but it's not. Bendis is telling a really boring and retrograde Iron Man that has not a fucking clue about where business/tech are going in the real world.
>>
Plus it has sexy Tony Jojo poses.
>>
Fucking loved it

It was perfect because it was a story that would have burnt itself out
>>
>>84482628
I fucking didn't, it was stupid and fucking retarded OOC bullshit.
>>
>>84483650
Being Inverted means acting OOC.
>>
It wasn't fucking over marvel
You could tell that it would have gone for 30+ issues
They made a huge deal out of hiring the injustice writer in the press
And then they pulled the plug

I want to see the big daredevil in a mech fight
Fuck you marvel
Why
>>
>>84483670
That explains why I didn't care for that version of Stark, then.

Everything he did was just so fucking stupid on its face, you can justify it a little when you think about it, but think further and it goes right back to actually being stupid.
>>
>>84483584

Of course, it would have been nice to get a few more story arcs out of him and let it resolve within the title instead of in "Jonathan Hickman's Big Dumb Mess" in a Universe recreation.
>>
can anyone tell me what's should i read after finishing the superior iron man? what comes next after it?
>>
>>84483709
They only used Hickman as an excuse for a lot of shit, the fact is they never intended for it to keep going because did it before the final incursion, not after Secret Wars.
>>
>>84483698
Right. I still think Inverted Hulk had it worst.
>>
>>84483739
It never got a proper because Hickman thought it would be symbolic for Tony and Steve fighting when 616 ended at the start of secret Wars.
>>
>>84483739
Bendis.
>>
>>84483767
Zenpool was pretty great, though, which was still basically Deadpool.
>>
>>84483739

BENDIS

But don't read it because it's terrible. I enjoyed the Knauf's Director of SHIELD IM run that happened after Extremis. Try reading that, it's pretty decent.

>>84483759
Well, mostly because they killed off Tony and Steve in the last issue of Avengers. The Universe Recreation erased all mention of the Inversion. Which sucks considering how much press Superior IM got in the Time Runs Out promos verses how little he did. A big waste of a character who was far more entertaining than his regular version had been in a long time.
>>
>>84483825
Except Superior IM wasn't, he was unlikable and reading his books made me indifferent to that version of Stark.

Only morons enjoyed that run.
>>
INJUSTICE VS SUPERIOR IRON MAN

Which is Tom Taylor best book?
>>
>>84483780
>>84483782
>>84483825
thanks boys
>>
>>84481452
also my favorite armor
>>
>>84481452
Yeah, I enjoyed it. Him giving Daredevil sight for ONE DAY was top tier villain shit.
>>
>>84481452
Did he ever get reverted back to normal or did he die as superior ironman during time runs out
>>
It was fucking sweet, what's not to love? That suit is fantastic, and the comic had some great one liners
>Tony, you quit drinking years ago...
>I know, I'm making up for lost time
Personally I loved that bit where he fixed Matt's eyes and is all like "Boy do I envy you, blind for years and the first thing you get to see is my facd. Lucky." Tony was just such a fucking twat that I couldn't help but love him.
>>
File: carnagemansavestheday.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
carnagemansavestheday.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>84483784
>no mention of the best inverted character
>>
Only time I ever liked Tony.
>>
>>84481452
" I'm not playing God. All this time... I've been playing human. I've been doing this for you. For all of you. I have wasted so much time. So much energy. To look like you--to sound like you--so that you specks feel comfortable around me. I've been holding back, but not any more. I've changed. It's like I was blind and now I can see. Only I'm not an ungrateful $#@% about it. "
even old tony is pretty badass in this
>>
>>84481452

Marvel should at least do us the pleasure of technically continuing this story via a more prolonged what-if.

Oh wait... Then again, I could see this being monkey pawed since Bendis would probably be writing the goddamn What-if story.

It's just really too bad this never got a satisfying conclusion. You can really tell there was a lot more to come until the fucking Secret Wars event happen. Marvel and their fucking stupid events, goddammit all.
>>
>>84485200
carnageman was well respected in his time and still lives in the hearts and minds of many anons
>>
>>84484138
Avoid Bendis' run, though.
>>
File: DAMMIT.png (490 KB, 570x572) Image search: [Google]
DAMMIT.png
490 KB, 570x572
>>84485461
>tfw he never got his statue
>>
>>84485200
This and Axis: Hobgoblin are two of the best things Marvel has done in years
>>
I have so many questions over this. Who captured him in Time Runs Out and put him in the glass prison? Was the tony from the New York Battleworld superior or not? Was I supposed to be rooting for superior or downloaded personality Tony?
>>
So is San Francisco still infected with Extremis?
>>
>>84485176
Wait so can Daredevil see now?
>>
>>84485611
it wore off after a day
>>
>>84485611
No, he cured his blindness for one day
Just one fucking day
Superior Tony was the villain Marvel needs
>>
>>84485611
No, once the Extremis ran it's course through his system his eyes went blind again He had just enough time to see Foggy before it goes dark again. Tony made Extremis a downloadable app that made you beautiful and perfect, then the trial period wore off and he started charging people 99.99 USD per day after getting them addicted. Such a fucking great little mini.
>>
>>84485639
>>84485645
What do you think he'd do for ONE MORE DAY?
>>
>>84485200

As someone who HATES Carnage, like REALLY can't stand him, I fucking loved Carnage-Man. It was hilarious. Infinitely more interesting than "I killz ppl lol so random XD"

Deep in my heart I hope they go back to it one day, but I doubt it. Edgelords need their edgy book I guess.
>>
>>84485871
This. It was the best written Carnage Ive experienced.

It was a huge shame they didn't continue that characterization in his own solo. Itd been hella fun and I'd have bought it.
>>
>>84485907
Fun things don't sell

Things that make you mad sell
>>
>>84481481
Rookie mistake, Tony.
>>
>>84481452
It would have had more of an impact if Iron Man wasn't already an irredeemable monster for years before this run even started.

So unfortunately it really ended up being 'what if Iron Man went from being a boring asshole to an entertaining one' which isn't bad but isn't as cool as it could have been, for reasons outside of the writer's control.
>>
Why isn't Cinar getting more attention? He is the best house style working on the industry in my opinion. Too shame.
>>
>>84485558
>Who captured him in Time Runs Out
i think tony went banana and try to solo Thanos and his team (black swan, namor,.. ect)
>Was the tony from the New York Battleworld superior or not
ultimate end? no
>Was I supposed to be rooting for superior or downloaded personality Tony?
kinda weird that superior is not full evil
old Tony afraid of what he can do, the superior is full potential and dont hold back
>>
>>84485871
>>84485515
>>84485200
I loved Carnage-Man. Wish he could have lasted longer :/ only comic I have enjoyed from Marvel in a looooong time. Even read the main axis story hoping to see more of him (that story sucked a all in all), although the parts where he interacted with Spiderman where cool. Just left me wanting more
>>
What parts of Axis were good?
>Superior Tony
>Captain /pol/try
>Zenpool
>Carnage-Man
Anything else? Loki: Agent of Axis was pretty terrible.
>>
>>84481452
I honestly think it's the only Iron Man run worth reading from the 10's till now
>>
>>84485147
Secret wars happened and he was normal after it ended the series never got a proper ending
>>
>>84485080
oh man i remember that and it was fucked up. tony's a huge fucking asshole on that part
>>
>>84485176
I read most of tony's asshole lines in RDJ's voice. idk it kinda fits.
>>
File: axisrev2014004-int3-2vtige.jpg (452 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
axisrev2014004-int3-2vtige.jpg
452 KB, 900x1366
>>84486883
/co/ loved Inverted Iceman for some reason.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.