[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
been two years since it aired. Has public opinion of it gone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: p9179182_b_v8_ab.jpg (289 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p9179182_b_v8_ab.jpg
289 KB, 960x1440
been two years since it aired. Has public opinion of it gone up or down? How does it rank compared to other post-B:TAS shows? When will we get another Batman animated series?
>>
>>84475815
I actually kinda liked it. To bad CN never really gave it s chance. I liked the use of lesser villains. Also you can't go wrong with Kurtwood Smith as Gordon
>>
Sucked
>>
It was better than The Batman.
>>
File: 1433092602306.jpg (82 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1433092602306.jpg
82 KB, 719x719
>>84476689
>>
>>84475815
Good show. It never got enough of a chance to take off. They started with lesser known villains but were planning on adding Penguin and Two-Face in season 2 but I liked the Deathstroke twist enough. Magpie was neat for a villain that's hardly used. Pyg and Toad are a deviation from the comics but you can't have him be that dark on a kids show. Alfred was different as well which I liked, very earth one.

Definely desrved better than it got along with Green Lantern TAS. CGI was pretty solid for both shows too.

I'd rate it above The Batman but beneath Brave and the Bold maybe.
>>
>>84476689
I agree, The Batman was pretty inconsistent and definitely my least favourite modern Bat-show. Doesn't mean it's awful but it didn't hit the heights BTAS or BTB did in terms of Storytelling for me, plus it didn't have the wacky, silver age charm BATB did.
>>
>>84475815

I enjoyed this series, was one of the first Batman series I watched to completion.
>>
File: 1468307401912.png (1 MB, 1988x1128) Image search: [Google]
1468307401912.png
1 MB, 1988x1128
>>84475864
>Also you can't go wrong with Kurtwood Smith as Gordon

Indeed. That was some inspired casting.

>>84477118
>Definely desrved better than it got along with Green Lantern TAS. CGI was pretty solid for both shows too.

Kind of off-topic, but it's always been weird to me how DC had two different characters named Manhunter that looked nearly the same to each other.
>>
>>84478135
>dat pic

Now I can't unhear Red Forman telling Batman to go rape the Joker.
>>
File: tumblr_n4rp9vlKIC1sodau1o4_1280.jpg (241 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4rp9vlKIC1sodau1o4_1280.jpg
241 KB, 1280x720
>>84478135
That's DC for you.
>>
>>84475815
Started enjoying it properly about halfway through the season. Something with Magpie and a grave.

Fuck those fucking puck blaster guns, though.
>>
>>84476918
>t. 2000's kid
>>
>>84479466
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if those guns played a part in the show's downfall. It must've been expensive just to remove and alter them.
>>
>>84478135
>Kind of off-topic, but it's always been weird to me how DC had two different characters named Manhunter that looked nearly the same to each other.

Its totally intentional, of course. The Manhunters where based off the old character of Manhunter. There's lots of tip of the hats to 40's comics in that era; hell DC started the Silver age by reviving 40's heroes as totally new ones who just shared the name.
>>
>>84478135
>>84479677
I would've been OK with a GL:TAS crossover now, especially with Grey Delisle double-timing as Magpie and Aya.
>>
needed more inconic villains

sure the little guys can be fun, but to have pig and toad recur many times in the same season was just dumb
>>
>>84480144
They were only in there three times. I'd argue The Batman rehashing Joker and Penguin over and over was worse.
>>
I rather liked it alot. Granted it wasn't the best batman around but goddamn I would've at least liked to see another season for it.
>>
It'll start to slowly gain a following like The Batman has been doing.

The first half of the season is kind of so-so, with the villains just being shitty versions of the classic rogues. They could have done a lot more with Magpie and Anarky. And they shouldn't have even bothered with Pyg.

The second half is way better. I wish they had just made it a Batman and the Outsiders show from the start.

It suffered the most from their attempts to be distinct, just like The Batman.
>>
File: 1380339105182.jpg (115 KB, 1024x1389) Image search: [Google]
1380339105182.jpg
115 KB, 1024x1389
>>84480601
>They could have done a lot more with Magpie and Anarky. And they shouldn't have even bothered with Pyg.

Magpie was perfect. She embodied a lot of what makes Batman rogues great. I could definitely see her serving as a Penguin henchgirl had they gotten a second season.

Anarky was hit-or-miss. He was better when he decided to be a smug fucker and less involved with the plot instead of trying too hard to be a Big Bad.

Pyg and Toad were OK. Definitely NOT MUH PYG until their final appearance, but I liked the Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd dynamic. Plus, Professor Pericles voices Mr. Toad.
>>
>>84475815
It's been three years, anon.
>>
Magpie was good but she was just a Catwoman stand-in
>>
>>84481164
How? Her dynamic with Batman was completely different. Her personality was different. Her similarities to Catwoman are very superficial at best.
>>
>>84481261
>>84481261

>flirty sexy female thief that toys around with Batman

Miles apart
>>
>>84482130
Again, that's pretty shallow. Her actual relationship with Batman, her morals, motivation, and personality, her methods, etc. are very different.

If you tried doing a Catwoman with BtB Magpie's characterization, Batfags would shout NOT MUH until being blue in the face.
>>
>>84482230
I'm not saying she's a carbon copy dummy, I said she's a stand in, i.e., she fulfills a role Catwoman would fill in any other version of Batman . If Catwoman was also in this show her presence would be rather redundant
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.