[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you fix steven universe to make it cater to boys instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 26
File: stevenuniverse.jpg (449 KB, 994x1529) Image search: [Google]
stevenuniverse.jpg
449 KB, 994x1529
how would you fix steven universe to make it cater to boys instead of girls
>>
>>84472004
Maybe just give Steven a bit more agency. The show isn't that girl focused.

I guess if we're SJW sociopaths and we can't relate to people who aren't our gender then add a strong male role model. That's about it.
>>
Imply that gems can get naked and have vaginas
>>
>>84472051
>Implying Greg isn't a strong male role model.
>Small business owner
>Great hair
>Followed his dreams
>Single Dad
>>
>>84472091
I mean Greg and Rose have had sex to have Steven so it is implied that they can at least shapeshift a vagina
>>
>>84472108
You could at least give him an apartment or something.
>>
File: 1370542013453.png (516 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1370542013453.png
516 KB, 720x540
The show is already halfway an action show. Just make the gems more superhero-y

>make the art style more realistic
>remove feelings and downtime
>Every episode is full of fighting and sense of danger
>Yellow diamond was set as the villain since the very beginning
>>
File: f60.jpg (161 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
f60.jpg
161 KB, 565x800
>>84472004
>Pearl now has tits
>All the other Gems have cleavages and look more like pic related
>Steven while still being a pacifist, use his sword when needed
>Connie play a supporter role, like playing a magical flute or something
>more rock and less ukulele
>his dad isn't fat
>>
>>84472108
Greg doesn't even take care of his own son, leaving his raising to a trio of his mom's friends.
If Greg was a good male role model he would be busting his ass to make sure that Steven was fed, clothed, housed and involved in his live aside from an occasional visit. He's not a divorced dad with shared custody, he's Steven's sole surviving parent.
>>
>>84472108
He could at least not look like an ape and a loser.
>>
>>84472241
He took care of Steven until he was 12, and pay for the house and the multiple destroyed TVs.
>>
>>84472108
Yeah I meant add a male Crystal Gem because apparently boys can't relate to females. This is news to me as a male.
>>
>>84472203
summonds a sword instead of a SHiEld
>>
>>84472004

Allow Steven to 'power up' in crisis situations. Let him punch out a monster once in a while.

Let him be less of a spaz. He's fucking 14, not 9.

Basically make him less friendly and more badass.

I would not watch that show, but it would cater more to boys, I think.

...Do we actually know how the show rates among boys versus girls? Or is it implicitly wrong to make such a distinction?
>>
>>84472108
>Implying Greg is a strong male role model
>Has a dead-end job that doesn't even pay enough for him to afford proper housing
>Balding
>Failed to achieve anything of note other than producing offspring
>Absentee father who doesn't even raise his own son
being a dad is a lot more than being a cool buddy. SJWs would have us believe that fathers have no role in society and that men should just be friends with their kids.
>>
>>84472285
>until he was 12

Younger, surely? Steven hasn't aged physically in, like, three or four years, and he looked much younger when he moved in with them.
>>
>>84472300
Sword AND shield nigga.
>>
>>84472004
>lesbians
>dat ass
>lesbians
Does it not already cater to boys?
>>
>>84472256

He is both of those things, if you want to be cute about it.
>>
>>84472378
I don't know. I think that he looked like that since 10? But I don't remember how he looked when he went to live with them.
>>
>>84472309
>Or is it implicitly wrong to make such a distinction?
Measuring objective statistic is not wrong at all.
>>
File: 1464886983199.jpg (340 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1464886983199.jpg
340 KB, 1280x960
its a gender neutral show bruh
>>
File: 1464238143551 - Copy.jpg (115 KB, 576x615) Image search: [Google]
1464238143551 - Copy.jpg
115 KB, 576x615
My suggestions would be:

>Make Amethyst less fat, less short and stocky, less disgusting and immature, and get rid of her disgusting allergic reaction lips
>Get rid of Garnet's third eye, make her talk more and have an actual personality, reduce hip size, get rid of square hairdo, and have somebody else voice her entirely
>Get rid of Pearl's pointy nose, or at least reduce the pointiness.
>Make Jasper shorter, get rid of her tumblr nose, and make her less of a steroid diesel dyke
>Make Lapis less emo, make her look less like a blue Pearl.
>Make Sadie taller and get rid of her disgusting fatness, get rid of her crush on Lars, it's dumb.
>Make the Pizza sisters white
>Remove Stephen entirely or make him a completely different character. If you keep him, make him less fat, make him less annoying, less feminine, less stupid, less hyper, less everything that makes him the annoying little fuck he is currently
>Give Connie bigger tits
>>
>>84472396
He could look like a cool loser.

Better beard, thin, cowboy hat and tan all over the body.
>>
>>84472433
>Implying boys wouldn't get into it just for the sake of all that pussy
>>
>>84472241
He took care of Steven until he was old enough to train with the Gems. Greg pays for all the utilities and furnishings within the house, he literally lives in a van so all his money can go to his son. Maybe try watching the fucking show next time you faggot.
>>
>>84472004
Lots of violence, no more poofing boys need actual violence like people getting punched in the face and showing the pain from it, no gore though thats way too far.
>>
>>84472004
How does it cater to girls?
>>
>>84472456
So basically ruin the show, got it.
>>
File: 1466017491431.jpg (65 KB, 469x513) Image search: [Google]
1466017491431.jpg
65 KB, 469x513
>>84472456
Nigga, one thing that is good is diversity on waifus to Carter to fetishes.

But you are right about Amethist, she should look like this at least >>84472203
>>
File: 1464898399518.jpg (53 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
1464898399518.jpg
53 KB, 453x453
>>84472476
>stevonnie
>pussy
>>
>>84472456
Stale pasta
>>
>>84472543
Isn't this a /pol/ copy paste.
It's either a meme, a /pol/tard or an SJW saying all men are /pol/tard's.

90% sure it's a meme.
>>
>>84472563
>Cosplayers
>Pussy

How much autism are you on?
>>
>>84472456
So basically you want all of these children's cartoon characters to be more fuckable?
>>
>>84472406

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rhgcPmWPOA

>>84472411

Well... in this day and age...

>>84472456

Seek professional help.

>>84472458

"The dude abides".
>>
Steven would actually use his shield as a weapon for whacking the shit out of stuff instead of being a noob and using it for defense.

Also whips are cool and all but the awesome combat they do compared to spears and fist is low. I mean all a whip does is tear off your skin how can you show kids that without getting to gore?
>>
The show's already good for boys that realize their peepees get hard when they look at pretty ladies.
>>
>>84472604
This is a pasta guys, I know we all think the worst of these shitty tripfag losers, who are just the worst pieces of shit imaginable, but lets try to be civil with these fucking monkey brained retarded attention whores.
>>
>>84472004
Steven needs to be a bit more useful. I dont mind the love and friendship theme but he needs to take a more active role in combat.

Probably add a male gem other than steven but other than that I think the show is good.
>>
>>84472617
>"The dude abides".
Yes.

Making Amethist like this would also help >>84472203
>>
>>84472632
Steven's getting there, it's just taking time.

Amethyst should definitely keep the whip, as gem weapons are extensions of their personalities.
>>
>>84472632
>. I mean all a whip does is tear off your skin how can you show kids that without getting to gore?

Amethist uses it to cut monsters and metal.
>>
>>84472680
No anon I mean I want Steven to spawn his shield then hit stuff with it like Captain America not none of that throwing shield crap I mean whacking stuff.
>>84472695
Are you sure thats a fucking whip? The force in a whip is concentrated at the end.
>>
>>84472713
>Are you sure thats a fucking whip? The force in a whip is concentrated at the end.

Its magic, so sometimes cut like a sword.

Sometimes she even put energy powers into it.
>>
>>84472632

...Amethyst once casually sliced a mostly-carbonadium drill in half with her whip.

It's easy to forget that out of the three, she is the natural-born warrior. Pearl works really hard at being badass, but Amy doesn't have to. She bums around and slacks off all the time and still manages to match Pearl as a warrior.

...We haven't seen Opal fight yet, not really, but shouldn't she logically be stronger than Garnet? Provided she had a clear purpose.
>>
>>84472743
Whips are lame anon you cant make fights with whips since you cant parry using a whip and if your opponent can dodge the tip then the weapon is useless, not to mention anyone with super strength can can just grab anything that isnt the tip and throw our ass into the air.

Im sorry anon but whips suck.
>>
Bring back the gem monsters. I feel like the show has mostly dropped its action aspect altogether since they stopped using those things. I mean, we still occasionally get things like the Malachite fight, but they're few and far between. The show really just needs a villain on Earth or something to stir up some conflict. Give the Crystal Gems something to do besides hanging out.
>>
call it DBZ
>>
>>84472004
>more focus on cleaning up the war and capturing corrupt gems, interacting with the locals wherever they go.
>flashbacks to the war being the B-plot over the course of the season
>episodes following townies going about their daily life can stay, but reduce the drama by 30% and the crying by 70%
>lose "everything is from Steven's perspective all the time".
>increase episode length to 30 minutes including commercials
>>
>>84472788

Amethyst is so ridiculously strong, the lash itself becomes a lethal cutting edge. And yes, it can be used against her, as Peridot demonstrated.

Even so, the whip serves more purposes - she also uses it as a grapple or lariat.
>>
>>84472743
>We haven't seen Opal fight yet, not really, but shouldn't she logically be stronger than Garnet? Provided she had a clear purpose.

Rubies look like weaklings that need numbers and Saphire is a midget that wasn't made to fight.

Its obvious that Opal is way stronger than Garnet, you have Pearl training and discipline, with Amethist raw power, they are individualy stronger than Saphire and Roby.
>>
>>84472844
>>flashbacks to the war being the B-plot over the course of the season

Flashback is cool, as B plot no.
>>
>>84472563
>shapeshifter
Stevonnie has whatever "they're" in the mood for.
>>
>>84472864
The Peridot thing is another thing, see Amy catchs Pery with his whip but if Pearl or Garnet used their weapons they would have killed Peridot instead of just subdueing I told you already whips suck ass. Also Pearl can shoot energy blast from her spear making the range advantage of Amy's whip a moot point.

Why the fuck would you need a grapple if you can shapeshift your arm to become longer?
>>
>>84472004
Boy are already interested by it.
>>
>>84472950
This is just an autism thread to bait all the SJW's and /pol/tards.
>>
>>84472743
Amethysts are stronger than Rubies and Pearl is a skilled fighter, but Ruby isn't defective and Sapphire's precog is arguably just as good or better than Pearl's skill.

A normal Amethyst would likely be superior to Garnet no matter who she fused with, or not need a fusion at all, but I dunno about gimpy CG Amethyst.
>>
>>84472004
Turn it into MLP: FiM.
>>
>>84472004
make the art not so ugly
replace stevens voice
actually have action
no fucking crying
>>
>>84472004
Nothing. It's ok. It has it's flaws, but it doesn't
need to be changed.
>>
>>84473038

Didn't Peridot say Amethyst is as strong as a regular-sized quartz?

I don't get why she is smaller rather than bigger, though. I mean she has nominally been soaking up life force or whatever for 500 more years.
>>
File: 1467961263422.png (12 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1467961263422.png
12 KB, 500x294
>>84472456
>>
>>84472004
>How to fix SU
>less forced drama
>More comfy things like S1
>Humor like S1
>real enemies , not justgaybattles
>real battles
You have a universe with gems for fuck sake.
This you could be easily a GOAT action one.
>>
>>84472004
You would put more focus on "wouldn't it be cool if you were Steven" vs. "wouldn't it be cool if you knew Steven".

SU doesn't assume you're an young boy who hasn't been validated at all yet, and let you imagine getting validated like crazy by saving the world and getting a girlfriend without even trying. It's aware that that's a thing, but it doesn't really feel it; Steven doesn't seem like he needs much validation. Even one of the times he has an ego issue (the fake test the gems give him), it turns around into him reassuring them. He's sort of convenient, relationship-wise.

In AT, random princesses keep mentioning that Finn's attractive. It doesn't go anywhere, it just validates him, and a male audience by proxy. Whatever the equivalent would be in SU, the show wouldn't think to do it.

I'm not sure how to get more specific than that.
>>
>>84476279
Actually, one specific thing; Stevonnie. In a more boyish SU, Connie would give Steven the strength to do something he found intimidating instead of the other way around.
>>
give Steven a less anoying voice
>>
>>84472004
1.) HAVE A STORY, PROGRESS THROUGH THE STORY DONT FUCK OFF DOING STUPID SHIT (constantly)
2.) the fuck is this gay ass "gems have been here forever AND NO HUMANS EVER NOTICED" rewritten entirely with an arc atleast with a gem or another learning about human culture before settling on the island. (pearl fighting with an ancient knight, garnet and the romans, etc.)
3.)not every thing is solved with love. people die, things get fucked up, dark powers are at work. steven actually has to learn and grow as a man, humanities governments are always trying to get more info on the mythic magical gems that have lived for centuries (perhaps even damning themselves in return for some neat gear)
4.) stevens dad needs to be a DAD. some screen time and words of wisdom (in a standard rocker way) could shape some later things into gem monsters vs. Rockin' Magic
>>
>>84472108
>Old, fat, bald
>Lives in van
>Failed at music dreams
>Owns a shitty low tier car wash

Kids generally want role models who are pretty/handsome and have something fantastical about them. Not a lot of kids can admire the trait of "Is a really attentive Dad".

The only reason Elsa was popular with girls was because she had ice powers and a pretty dress, kids didn't actually care about her emotional journey.
>>
>>84472004
Give connie the sword and drop her and steven off in the gem worlds without support.
Let Steven fight corrupted gems and find old WMDs that could beat gem world.
The CG are planning an assault while also planning a way to rescue Steven and Connie.
Lapis, Peri, and Jasper are Space Rebels that are enemies to home world and CG
Make the fights constant and show actual fights not some lethal dance moves or make it too anime.
>>
*hunps*

*cries eritime*
>>
>>84474994
This desu. Now both actionfags and solfags can agree.
>>
>>84472004
You guys are baiting, right? What's with the retarded amount of people saying this show doesn't appeal enough to dudes or has "gone too far" now? Fucking stupid.

I have friends who are dudes who like the show just fine and yes, they're straight and not sjws

>>84472353
>caring about what SJWs think

Sugar has said that Greg is her favourite character. It's been confirmed that Greg had to raise Steven since he was a baby, and Steven only moved in with the gems once he was too big to stay in a van/was old enough to start learning magic stuff.

He may not have become a textbook success, but he still hasn't given up on making music in his free time. He likely paid for the materials to at least build Steven's house, putting him before himself.

>>84476944
First of all Anna > Elsa but anyway

You make a good point but that's the whole idea with Greg. That despite the failures and incredible loss he's had to deal with, he still hasn't lost his hope or enthusiasm for the world. No, it's not obvious and kids will probably miss it, but when they grow up and look back they might understand. I mean, just look at how Greg has dealt with the loss of Rose compared to Pearl.
>>
Male Metals
>>
>>84472203
>Pearl has tits

Other than that one idea, I agree with you. Especially more rock, some songs really don't work with the cheery ukulele sound.
>>
>>84472004
>make it cater to boys instead of girls
>instead of
Why would I do that? I want the widest possible audience.
>>
>>84472203
LoL only in Japan
>>
>>84472004
Personally I see S.U has a show for boys or girls, it's a family show that everyone is able to enjoy, so with that said, the things I would do to make the show better overall.
>30 min eps.

>Development for the human characters.

>Steven started to question the Gems on their views on humanity.

>More songs.

>More Gems.

That's about it.
>>
>>84472004
Get rid of gay agenda that started post Jailbreak
>>
>>84472004
>Rebecca Sugar made a show that appeals to both boys and girls
I wonder if she wanted Steven to be a girl too at first. But you're guaranteed the boy audience with a boy MC.
>>
File: Large rock like big bolder.png (34 KB, 2678x768) Image search: [Google]
Large rock like big bolder.png
34 KB, 2678x768
>>84472004
Change absolutely nothing about the characters or setting, but have it focus more on badass fight scenes instead of drama.

Easy
>>
File: IMSAD_8925.jpg (128 KB, 691x896) Image search: [Google]
IMSAD_8925.jpg
128 KB, 691x896
>>84479010
Agreed. On that subject... Requesting an edit of this but with porl
>>
All we need for the show is more peridot.
>>
>>84478962
Steven is a carbon copy of her brother, Steven Sugar, and she said that the Gems represent her personality as a sister.
>>
File: Ame.png (43 KB, 330x277) Image search: [Google]
Ame.png
43 KB, 330x277
>>84479446
I have no fucking clue how but I misread your post and did it with Amethyst instead.
>>
>>84472051
>I guess if we're SJW sociopaths and we can't relate to people who aren't our gender then add a strong male role model.
Don't tell me your argument for homogeneous casts and copy-pasted protagonists is that people who can't entirely relate to a white guy are "sociopaths".

The typical male protagonist is relatable to everyone is some way yeah I'm not saying otherwise but the exclusion of certain experiences is going to necessarily mean he's not going to be relatable in a ton of other ways. What makes those other ways less legitimate?
>>
>>84479010
Exactly this.
I like how Steven's greatest asset is his empathy, and I want him to keep trying to redeem enemies, but ultimately the purpose of expanding the team is to defend Earth from all the Gems who cannot change. I want to see his mom collection in action.
>>
File: Prol.png (50 KB, 338x276) Image search: [Google]
Prol.png
50 KB, 338x276
>>84479446
>>84479837
Okay now here's porl
>>
>>84472004
Make it good.
>>
>>84480087
Care to elaborate?
>>
Give Steven a club instead of shield so his fights are more entertaining.
>>
>>84479837
>>84480037
Thanks anon, those are great!
>>
File: Ame.png (45 KB, 330x277) Image search: [Google]
Ame.png
45 KB, 330x277
>>84479837
Fixed some bits
>>
This is the worst Steven Universe bait thread yet.

I can't wait for Summer of Steven so that /sug/ can overrun /co/ again and we can drop this intense level of faggotry.
>>
File: steven guniverse.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
steven guniverse.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
Ladies and gentlemen, I have the answer.

Just add one of these for instant shot of testosterone.
>>
>>84480136
Give Steven a gun instead dudes will love that and make the gun shoot pink energy shoots that go pew pew pew.
>>
>>84479933
I fell asleep twice reading that.
>>
>>84480254
This is a really good bait thread though, it's producing some decent discussion.
>>
have more tit shots of rose
also more rose in general
>>
>>84472108
This, more battles, more adventures and quests and Greg steps in front of Steven to protect him
>Get your hands off my son you BITCH
>>
>>84480343
Give Greg a shotgun to complete it.
>>
>>84472563
Stevonnie is equipped for everything and everyone
>>
>>84480343

They already did that
>>
>>84480367
Greg/Vidalia shotgun tag team when? Imagine them teaming up to fight Jasper
>>
>>84480409
when?
>>
>>84480116
Make the show actually good. It has good elements and I'm glad it does exist just to show that cartoons can be relaxed, down to earth and do some different stuff, but ultimately it falls short in every department. >the 11 minute episodes keep any emotional drama from having a strong effect
>ending every episode on a gag makes a lot of the "lessons" stick less
>the excessive focus on emotional character arc "filler" episodes and backseat plot advancement makes individual episodes fall flat
>after the large amount of episodes we have very little has actually happened or been accomplished or revealed. inb4 lorefag but the show's "lore" is too thin and spread out, and usually much more interesting than:
>overfocus on the town's inhabitants that are almost wholly unremarkable or outright unlikable with very few exceptions
>color use is spectacular but exclusive mostly to backgrounds
>animation is passable but the execution of action makes everything feel weightless and without impact, fails on four basic levels of fight choreography
>arcs take too little and too much time to unfold properly, episode release pacing is wonked. the "Bomb" method is worthless when half the new content is once again the "filler" episodes
>voiceacting is good, but some voices are more grating than others (Steven, Peridot)
Basically it does a lot of good things but nothing particularly well enough and the sum of its parts is ultimately not that good. Nothing really happens. There's no investment or payoff.
>>
File: YuiImplying.jpg (125 KB, 523x360) Image search: [Google]
YuiImplying.jpg
125 KB, 523x360
>>84472004

>fixing Steven Universe
>implying it needed fixing to begin with
>>
>>84480436
Probably when he drive off a water clone with his van.
>>
File: rowdy.jpg (56 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
rowdy.jpg
56 KB, 300x352
>>84480437

So jack of all trades, but master of none, gotcha.

Also, this needs to be his dad.
>>
>>84479933
I am a dude and I can relate to female characters just fine in comics/movies/vidya.

Why is it so hard for women to do the same with male characters? Do their imaginations just suck?

Or are they literally sociopaths who can't think outside themselves?
>>
>>84472004
All the children I know who watch this are boys, I don't know a single little girl who's interested in this. Boys seem to liken it to anime with the ongoing story, plus I think they like the lesbians, which I think offputs young girls. (The girls in my class think lesbians are "icky" at least) I'm honestly surprised they aren't interested in the show at all.

There's tons of stuff I could change to make it more appealing to adult men, but I... guess it's fine as it is for boys? I guess I really DON'T understand kids these days.
>>
>>84480493
More like a nine of all trades that wants to be a face card but isn't quite there.
>>
>>84472820
basically this
>>
Boys seem to like it just fine as is.
>>
File: purge.jpg (50 KB, 710x960) Image search: [Google]
purge.jpg
50 KB, 710x960
>>84479933
That's a shitty strawman dude. He never said or implied that he wanted homogeneous casts and copy-pasted protagonists. Even then you can have a diverse and unique cast that only includes white males.

Experience is independent of melanin and genitals, it is the person that matters, not their features. If you can't relate to a person because the color of their skin, then you're a racist.
>>
>>84472743
Garnet is made up of super weak gems fighting stat wise. Shes just hella competent due to how strong her bond is.

I'd say she would beat Opal simply because Opal is too unstable for a long drawn out fight.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 960x995) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 960x995
>>84472456
>leaving peridot untouched
Can't improve on perfection
>>
Make Pearl actually use his spear like a smart person instead of throwing it like a retard all the time. Also her spear should be longer.
>>
>>84480591
this. There's nothing to fix in SU, except maybe have no more shitty episodes like Sandy's show or Jamie's play. Contrary to popular belief, sentient space rocks that look like pretty women with magical powers fighting each other and fleshing out their characters is pretty interesting
>>
>>84480729
Pearl's spear reminds me of those little 3 foot ghetto spears they used in Zulu
>>
>>84480489
Yeah but that wasn't anything aggressive, more desperate. There's something special about seeing a parent get pissed and go all out in defense of their child, it's very primal and satisfying. Like when Timmy's parents rebelled against Emperor Crocker and beat the shit out of him
>>
File: 4502019-6359592372-.jpg (158 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
4502019-6359592372-.jpg
158 KB, 960x638
>>84480729
You mean a spear's not a dart or sledgehammer?
>>
>>84480441

>implying Stephen Universe can be fixed
>>
>>84480540
>I am a dude and I can relate to female characters just fine in comics/movies/vidya.
I didn't say you can't.

But there's a lot of stuff there you won't relate to as well. Your involvement isn't 100%.

>Why is it so hard for women to do the same with male characters? Do their imaginations just suck?
They can relate to them in some ways, just not in every way.

>>84480597
>Even then you can have a diverse and unique cast that only includes white males.
And that's great, but you can't deny there are experiences that non-white males have that won't be reflected in those white males. It's inane to fault people for wanting to see characters affected by those experiences when "white male" has been so ubiquitous for several decades.
>>
>>84472152
So just how the original pilot was shaping up to be?
>>
File: pearlfixed.png (73 KB, 1144x1416) Image search: [Google]
pearlfixed.png
73 KB, 1144x1416
>>84480843
Well for one its too short for a fucking spear it needs to be longer like pic related.
>>
>>84472004
the only scene that would really potentially drive away boys is the end of sadie's song, and even then that's so far into the series that a majority of boys who stuck around since the beginning would stay
>>
File: i dont understand.jpg (109 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
i dont understand.jpg
109 KB, 600x1000
>>84480898
I can deny that. People don't have different brain makeups related to race, so everyone is capable of the same experiences.

It is not inane to fault those people. They're just as capable of sharing their experiences as everyone else. Pushing for different colored characters when it's not the artists vision tends to lead to personality-less shitpiles.
>>
>>84480969
I like the idea of her being able to change her spear's length like goku's staff, though not as extreme
>>
File: porl.png (120 KB, 426x338) Image search: [Google]
porl.png
120 KB, 426x338
>>84480969
Yeah, it's honestly used more like a fencing foil than a spear. It also fits with the court servant archetype she presents, whereas a spear would be a front line soldier's weapon.

Unless she's just retarded and does not know what she's doing. That's my vote.
>>
>>84472004
Make it more like DBZ

Fuck, Steven's already Gohan. Just add more explosions and screaming.
>>
>>84481372
Did pearl ever say her weapon was a spear?
I mean, it certainly looks like one, but has she said it?
Because if she doesn't use it as a spear and she never said it was a spear, then why would we call it one?
>>
File: im sad.png (178 KB, 1024x282) Image search: [Google]
im sad.png
178 KB, 1024x282
>>84479446
>>
>>84472004
>generic cutesy pointing at nothing pose
>>
>>84472820
>DBZ over JoJo
NO
>>
>>84481513
>then why would we call it one?
Because weapons have a myriad of minute differences that separate them from other ones. If it looks like a spear, it is a spear, no matter how retardedly someone is using it.
>>
>>84472004

It already does, you mega dweeb.
>>
>>84472004
More explosions and lasers
Give the gems boobs
>>
>>84472203
Okay I hate this idea and all harem SU fan art, but that Garnet's overall aesthetic. I love everything about the head. The hair would be cooler frizzy, though, and the tiddies are freakishly large. Other than that, though.
>>
Man most of the suggestions in this thread are fucking retarded

Never make a cartoon, any of you
>>
>>84472004
>fix it
>make it cater to boys
That's the kind of stuff that makes feminists go crazy and start ruining video games.
And it already does cater to boys. These threads are proof of that.
>>
File: poseasateam.jpg (111 KB, 1171x843) Image search: [Google]
poseasateam.jpg
111 KB, 1171x843
I've always kinda figured what Rebecca brings most to the show that's unique to her is restraint on the action. It's her "female thing". I could see other people doing the same plot, but cut the character drama and replace it with a monster of the week where figuring out how to kill it takes priority to the character moments we get now. Not to say another guy couldn't do character development at all, but it would take a back seat. I also imagine Steven's role would change from general kid like support figure to "learning to be a hero" wannabe action star.
>>
>>84480540
You know male protagonists/majority male ensemble casts are the most common and also the most watched in virtually every medium, right? Women have no problem relating to men, it's just nice to get a majority female cast in something that isn't a shitty romcom or whatever.

GOAT is a gender equal or nearly gender equal cast, though, but I think SU is better off with the feminine skew.
>>
>>84472203
>Connie play a supporter role, like playing a magical flute or something

what the fug
Just make Steven use his shield like Captain America or some shit.
>>
Human team of Gem hunters that act behind the scenes, they keep the gem monster population hidden from the general public similar to the men in black. Using weapons that have gems embedded in them, they act like a special ops force that act as one big homage to Super Sentai/Power Rangers/Kamen rider and/or the Mecha genre.
>>
>>84472004
Literally the only thing it needs in order to cater to boys is decent action figures.

Make all the gems. Halfway decent articulation and they come with weapons. If you're feeling ambitious pair each gem with a townie with more limited articulation.
>>
>>84480540
I don't understand why people need to relate to characters to enjoy fiction at all.
>>
File: image.png (354 KB, 640x351) Image search: [Google]
image.png
354 KB, 640x351
Make it like the pilot. During the pilot Steven actually acted like a young boy instead of the little pussy ass bitch he is now.
>>
>>84472241
>>84472353
I get the feeling that Greg has seen some serious shit and is a bit shell-shocked. If we assume he has ptsd it makes him seem stronger.
>>
>>84472632
Apparently you don't remember what happened when Pearl tried to struggle against the two whips.

No lie, as much as I'm a Pearlfag, it was pretty awesome seeing the energy whiplash thing.
>>
>>84472004
this is good bait
>>
>>84477594
How would Pearl having tits not help?
>>
>>84481513
I think when the watermelon Stevens where grabbing her weapon I remember her saying "Give me back my spear you twerp!" Or something along those lines
>>
>>84472004
Introduce male gems who are stronger, faster, smarter, and all around better than the Crystal Gems. Also, give them guns and have them save the day with violence.

And stop having Steve be a big pussy.
>>
>>84472004

it caters to neither

it caters to weebs
>>
>>84485118
so you wish he was more immature and annoying?
>>
>>84485288
Not every female-coded person needs tits. Not all women needs tits to be attractive. Pearl looks like shit with them, anyway.
>>
>>84485480
This, but make them metal based instead
>>
>>84485512
metal men is literally the worst idea the SU fanbase ever came up with

who looks at a show and says you know this could really stand to gain from adding a rip off of D list DC characters
>>
Cannot fix something that is already beyond repair.
>>
File: 56514548.png (467 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
56514548.png
467 KB, 800x435
>>84472004
It does cater to boys. Doesn't it?
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.