[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dick Grayson recommended reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: NightwingCover.jpg (61 KB, 250x379) Image search: [Google]
NightwingCover.jpg
61 KB, 250x379
sup /co/, I've been getting really into batman lately, and Dick Grayson is without a doubt one of my favorite characters. I've basically been going through most of the "must-read" batman comics, and I was hoping to read a little bit more nightwing stuff before I jump straight to Black Mirror. So yeah, I would really like to have some recommendations on good Nightwing stories, either solo spinoffs or stories where he teams up with batman. Preferably not Teen Titans-related, unless it's REALLY GOOD. Can you guys help me out?
>>
>>84471142
>good Nightwing stories

kek

Read Grayson.
>>
>>84471142
His solo, Wolf's Teen Titans, Prodigal, Morrison's B&R, his N52 solo, Grayson, Titans Hunt and Black Mirror.
>>
>>84471142
Not many good Nightwing stories family
You are best to sticking to stuff like Grayson
>>
Nightwing is one of those characters that works best on a team specifically teen titans
Once they put him as a solo character his stock dropped and he's constantly rehashing the striking out on his own or getting out of Batman's shadow BS
>>
starred are stories that are actually good to great

>Robin
Robin Year One*
The Gauntlet
LOTDK #149-153

>Titans
Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans and Tales of the Teen Titans*
JLA/Titans: Technis Imperative

>Nightwing
Nightwing #1-82ish by Dixon and Grayson were okay
Nightwing #140-153 by Tomasi was okay
Gotham Knights (miscellaneous)
JLA: Obsidian Age
Batman/Nightwing: Bloodborne

>Batman
Black Mirror*
Morrison’s Batman and Robin*
Streets of Gotham (just has one of many characters, usually a side character)

>Agent 37
Grayson*
Midnighter #4-5
Starfire #7-8

>Avoid like the plague
Winick’s Outsiders
Nightwing #83-139 by Grayson, Jones, and Wolfman
Dickbats handled by Daniel on the Batman title
2008 Titans
>>
>>84471257
I don't care how you feel about Prodigal, it was the first time he ever donned the cowl. It's essential Dick reading.
>>
>>84471327
It's shit and not really worth reading
>>
>>84471342
It's not shit, it's medicore at worst and again it's the first time Dick ever donned the cowl. It's iconic and a very important foot note that allowed Morrison to do that and by extent King and Seeley to do Grayson.
>>
File: 859565.jpg (191 KB, 600x920) Image search: [Google]
859565.jpg
191 KB, 600x920
>>84471257
OP here, thanks for taking the time to make a list.
>Robin Year One
Robin year one was great, loved it.
>Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans and Tales of the Teen Titans*
is it really that good? forgive me for having so much reservations but pic related doesnt look that appealing to me and it seems like a lot of reading.

>Black mirror
I definitely plan on reading Black Mirror, I'm just trying to go through everything relatively chronologically.

>Morrison’s Batman and Robin
I'm really interested in reading some Morrison Batman comics. They seem pretty fun. I may read them next actually, do you recommend it?

>Grayson
/IS/ Grayson good? I'm definitely interested in Dick Grayson himself but it seems like less of a superhero comic and more of a spy comic, and I'm in a bit of a cape fix right now.

ALSO: how is Nightwing: Year One? would you guys recommend it?
>>
>>84471631
>is it really that good?
If you can get over how 80s it is, yeah it's pretty good. Lots of character development, Perez's art is good, it's not decompressed, etc. There's a reason why TT tries to copy this run all the time.

>/IS/ Grayson good?
It was one of /co/'s favorite books until the creative team changed at the end

As for Nightwing Year One, I personally don't enjoy it but you can see if you like it.
>>
Another question: is a Knight in Bludhaven any good? What about New 52 Nightwing? is that worth checking out?
>>
>>84471631
>/IS/ Grayson good? I'm definitely interested in Dick Grayson himself but it seems like less of a superhero comic and more of a spy comic, and I'm in a bit of a cape fix right now.

It's a great read if you're interested in Dick Grayson. It's not a spy comic I'd say more of an action comic with weird super science and characters with secrets.
>>
>>84472205
>What about New 52 Nightwing?
I've only read maybe 4 or 5 issues of it and while it's not outright terrible, I found the issues bland.
>>
>>84472205
N52 was pretty dull. The first arc had some potential but after that it was just dropped plotline after dropped plotline.

I'd read 1-4 & 6-10.

And #30 if you're interested in Grayson it's a nice teaser for the series
>>
Black mirror was the shit def do that
>>
File: Batman - Gates of Gotham 03_10.jpg (753 KB, 1280x2017) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Gates of Gotham 03_10.jpg
753 KB, 1280x2017
Gates of Gotham, you fucknuts.

IMO, way better than The Black Mirror.
>>
>>84473132
OP here, THIS look like the kind of shit I'm looking for. How is it?

>>84473106
Oh yeah dude I'm definitely saving Black Mirror, it looks great. I just dont want to jump straight into it without getting a healthy dose of dick *smirk emoji*
>>
>>84473326

It's sort of like the dry run for Snyder's Court of Owls, but with Dickbats, Damian, Tim, Cass, and Bruce is out of town.

Cass and Damian interaction is great. Tim and Cass making with the sexual tension. Dickbats being really clever and awesome.

Basically Gates of Gotham is what the Batman books should have all turned into, and probably would have if the New 52 never happened.

Not that I don't like the current Batman books, but they're status quo.
>>
>>84471631
>I may read them next actually, do you recommend it?
Absolutely. Morrison's entire run is one of the best things to ever come out of Batman.
>>
>>84473906
AWESOME. Where would be a good place to start? Someone mentioned he had a "Batman and Robin" run?
>>
>>84474415
The entire run is as follows:

Batman and Son
Black Glove (This is included in the B&S TPB)
Batman RIP
Time and the Batman
Batman and Robin #1-16 (this is the part with Dick)
Batman Inc
>>
File: bat epic readlist.gif (357 KB, 1008x1836) Image search: [Google]
bat epic readlist.gif
357 KB, 1008x1836
>>84474415
Are you ready for the H Y P E R C R I S I S
>>
>>84473326
>How is it?
meh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.