[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"SUPERGIRL" ADDS MAGGIE SAWYER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 384x384
>Floriana Lima has joined the cast of The CW's SUPERGIRL in a recurring role as Maggie Sawyer, "a openly homosexual detective for the National City Police Department who takes a particular interest in cases involving alien activity, and is ultimately assigned to the newly-formed Science Police, which deals specifically with meta-human and extraterrestrial threats".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/supergirl/the-familys-floriana-lima-lands-maggie-sawyer-role-in-supergirl-season-a143418
>>
>Science Police
What is this, Ultra Seven?
Not that I'm complaining
>>
>>84470861
Science Police are most often part of the LoSH setting, but modern-day Metropolis starts them up.
>>
will she frisk Kara?
>>
>>84470823
Stop shilling this cuck shit.
>>
>>84470944
>Buzzword overload
>>
>>84470823
>get my hopes up for live action Batwoman
>inevitably crush them
>>
>>84470823
>Science Police
Don't even joke about that.
>>
>>84471170
They did already tease the Legion in S1 with Clark's ring in the fortress
>>
>>84471222
Also there's a good chance the S1 finale cliffhanger was Mon-El
>>
>>84470823
Pandering to the tumblrites and femanists. Show is a dud.
>>
>>84471266
Why do you think the show is huge on /co/.
>>
>>84470823
BROWN HAIRED MAGGIE!!!!!
i'm ok with this
>>
>>84471132
Alex Danvers is pretty much Batwoman/girl on the show...i really hope Maggie ends up being her love interest this season.
>>
>>84471246
I hope is either Krypto or Streaky, but i know is probably neighter just some boring dude from Krypton to serve as shipping fodder.
>>
>>84471418
If they made Mon actually Kryptonian it would be a crime against humanity and I would drop the show there
>>
>>84470823
>First comment in the link is a Halfag crying about noHal...
>Close link
>>
>>84471222
>>84471246
That's just Johns jerking off. None of that's actually going anywhere.
>>
>>84471763
Berlanti already said they want to introduce the Legion at some point.
>>
>>84471763
they are not going to divorce her from the team that she's most affiliated with if there are no rights issues
>>
>>84471246
Watch them pull a Flash and have it be Power Girl
>>
>>84471821
>wanting something automatically means it will happen
Yes, real life is all rainbows and ice cream, where all your dreams will come true if you just wish reeeeeeaaaaally hard for it!

The hard truth is that there's no real audience for a Legion series. And no, the ten-fifteen people on /co/ who marathoned it a while ago do not count. They got knocked down to D-list long ago, and haven't recovered, and never will. There's simply no profit to be made from the IP anymore. So until the hypothetical first episode airs, you can stuff that optimism crap.
>>
>>84471923
that would be alright I guess, multiverse shit is fun too
>>
>>84471980
and there was an audience for a Green Arrow series?
>>
>>84471980
How would an appearances on Supergirl automatically mean a Legion series? They are part of her mythos, they'll show up in her show. No one is talking a separate one.
>>
>>84471980
Who hurt you, Anon?
>>
>>84471378
>.i really hope Maggie ends up being her love interest this season.

I hope so too. Alex needs a girlfriend.
>>
>>84470823

WTF?
They always cast almost anorexic actress in Supergirl

Shit producers
>>
>>84471170
>>84471222
>>84471246
>we might get the Legion
Oh fuck
>>
>>84473644
>implying

Supergirl has the hottest girls. Period.
>>
File: SweatingWillSmith.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
SweatingWillSmith.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>84474376
>mfw watching the Lip Sync Battle with Tatum's wife
>>
>>84474376

I don't watch it but I'd argue Arrow has that one.
>>
>>84474772
Absolutely and unequivocally no.
>>
>>84475974
Thea is hottest for sure
>>
>openly homosexual
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>84476075
A canon sexuality remaining canon in an adaption is worthy of laughter?
>>
>>84476075
>I'm from /tv/ so of course i don't read comics! i spend my time on BLACKED and Baneposting
>>
>>84471266
because Maggie is straight in the source material
>>
Why is she in "national" city and not metropolis with Turpin?
>>
>>84477260
Because no money for Metropolis, they barely have money to dress a twink from Teen Wolf and present him as Superman...
>>
>>84471266
>Show is callled SuperGIRL
>Panders to women and girls

What's the problem?
>>
>>84471980
>>84471980
>Not realizing that TV series thrive of D and C listers

First /co/ doesn't read comics.
Now it won't even watch /tv/

I sorta feel like most people on 4chan don't actually practice the hobbies they so often discuss.
>>
>>84477581
>I sorta feel like most people on 4chan don't actually practice the hobbies they so often discuss
what a stunning insight, anon
>>
>>84477581
Thats a given.
>>
>>84470823

So Montoya...but not grimdark?
>>
>>84477671
Maggie precedes her.
>>
File: Cat is unamused.png (107 KB, 246x259) Image search: [Google]
Cat is unamused.png
107 KB, 246x259
>>84470823
>Add Maggie Sawyer to the cast
>Cast a girl who could play a young Renee Montoya

Damn it, when will this rampant brownwashing end? Wasn't it enough to cast brunettes as the leads in all three of your DC series? When will natural blondes have proper representation?
>>
I'm finishing up the first episode now. I don't mind the overtly feminist themes at all, actually, but the cornball attempts at emotional moments are bothering me. Like when Kara tried to touch the hologram of her Kryptonian mother. It's not that they did it so much as... I hadn't gotten all that invested, honestly. Tension wasn't really built that well and Kara's actress, while she's good in some scenes, wasn't great there.

Does the show improve throughout the season? Do you think it'll be better on CW? Minor issues with season 2 aside, they're doing great on the Flash, which is the closest thing they have right now.

Not so much on Arrow but that's more down-to-earth.
>>
>>84471132
Good. Maybe Kate can date Renee instead
>>
>>84478010
That's a fair observation
>>
>>84471763
>That's just Johns jerking off. None of that's actually going anywhere.
Couldn't you have said that about half the shit in early season one of The Flash? And next thing you know we have time travel, parallel universes, giant telepathic hyper-intelligent gorillas, going back in time and teaming up with your past self, and coming up: Flashpoint.
>>
Have there been any 52s yet in this show?
>>
File: Ian Gomez.jpg (53 KB, 408x600) Image search: [Google]
Ian Gomez.jpg
53 KB, 408x600
They've also cast Snapper Carr.

>Ian Gomez has joined the cast of The CW's SUPERGIRL in a recurring role as Snapper Carr, "a headstrong, sharp-witted newsman hired by Cat Grant to be the editor-in-chief of CatCo Magazine. Snapper’s commitment to hard-hitting journalism pushes CatCo reporters to dig deeper in the pursuit of excellence. He’s a man who tells people what he thinks of them, and his no-holds barred approach pushes Kara in unexpected ways".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/supergirl/supergirl-taps-ian-gomez-as-karas-new-boss-first-action-figure-for-the-a143386
>>
File: Supergirl.jpg (74 KB, 677x566) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl.jpg
74 KB, 677x566
And are also casting a new love interest for Kara and two new villains.

>NICK FARROW I A brash investigative journalist who butts heads with Kara at CatCo Magazine. The son of a famous reporter, Nick is looking to make a name for himself in the news world, but the question of whether he can leave behind his former selfish and hedonistic ways constantly arises. Through his interactions with Kara, the hero in Nick might finally come out.

>LENA LUTHOR I Lex Luthor's estranged sister, who relocates to National City to get out from under the shadow of her infamous brother. Lena is sexy, smart and determined to get what she wants. But what does she want?

>THE DOCTOR I The diabolical director of Project Cadmus, who uses her surgical skills to implant prisoners with alien technology in order to create weapons needed to build a new world order.
>>
>>84478072
The show is pretty damn good starting with Livewire and ending when the Flash shows up. Don't expect the world and the season long arc is mediocre, but the character interactions are pretty damn good. Kara, Alex, Hank, and Cat are all top tier characters.
>>
>>84478623
Okay. Better than Arrow, worse than The Flash. That's basically what I was expecting. Thank you.
>>
So, are we expecting Flashpoint to bring the two worlds together and put Kara in the same continuity as Barry and Oliver?

I don't think you'd have the problem of "why don't they call Supergirl to fix it" when Barry could probably wreck her so at most they'd call her for backup, and Oliver is a brooding loner who only asks for help from people he knows he could beat up.
>>
>>84478010
At least they are coloring Melissa's hair and Amell is kind of close too, like dirty blonde.

No excuse for the Barry guy though.
>>
>>84478487
I was sure they were going to cast an 'older' male, as in a 35yo hot actor to play up some kind of ust between him and Kara...then again they already have Cat for that.
>>
>>84479478
Snapper will basically be male Cat since Calista Flockhart isn't moving, anyway.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.