[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out Of Time Miniseries Announced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: HKMASOOT_Cv1.jpg (306 KB, 793x1200) Image search: [Google]
HKMASOOT_Cv1.jpg
306 KB, 793x1200
Rebirth continues to be awesome

http://www.newsarama.com/30112-hawkman-adam-strange-are-back-and-teaming-up.html
>>
>>84468612
well shit, it has been a long time that i don't see these fucks, is the writer good for cosmic shit though ?
>>
>>84468612
God, and I thought DC forgot muh jetpack adventurer and space pharaoh cop.
>>
Oh fuck yes! I've been wondering where the fuck Hawkman has been
>>
yay, I always welcome more non lantern related DC cosmic books.
>>
>>84468612
>Two classic DC 'cosmic' characters (and a villain) return in October and are teaming up to prevent an interplanetary war in Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time, a new six-issue limited series by writer Marc Andreyko and interior/cover artist Aaron Lopresti.

>Reads DC's description of the series:

>"Residing on Earth and out of the hero game, Adam Strange finds himself trying to live a 'normal' life, until he’s literally pulled back into adventure again as a seemingly normal Zeta beam transmission returns him to the planet Rann, where he hopes to be reunited with his beloved Alanna. But instead, he finds the once great city of Ranagar in ruins with millions dead, and the once peaceful Alanna is now calling for the blood of Rann’s oldest enemy, Thanagar, home of the Hawkmen.

>"Sensing something is amiss, Strange enlists the aid of Thanagarian policeman Katar Hol, aka Hawkman, who is also trying anything possible to avert war. Together the two try and uncover who’s really behind the destruction of Rann while at the same time preventing Rann and Thanagar from marching into interplanetary armageddon!"

>Hawkman and Adam Strange: Out of Time debuts on October 5.
>>
File: 1442042606076.jpg (28 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1442042606076.jpg
28 KB, 600x300
>Adam Strange is back
>>
>>84468638
And it looks like the book is continuing where Justice League United left off
>>
>>84468634
Ironically probably not. He's more known for crime and street stuff.
>>
>>84468682
Yeah, with him coming out from Zeta dimension thing.
Hype as fuck, senpai.
There better be Booster in Blue Beetles and I can die as happy anon.
>>
Any info on this writer? Any good?
>>
>>84468634
He wrote a fantastic Manhunter and an awful Batwoman, so dunno.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (71 KB, 400x621) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
71 KB, 400x621
R.E.B.E.L.S. WHEN ?
>>
Well look at that. DC is soliciting series I actually WANT to read. Take note, Marvel. And for the record I enjoy both companies.
>>
>>84468793
Could you imagine Hawkman in R.E.B.E.L.S.
>>
So what is Hawkman's origin/ID in this continuity? I didn't read his New 52 book because Liefeld.
>>
>>84468858
He has a Mace and wings, that is all
>>
>>84468820
the YOUng Animal stuff looks decent too see >>84467656
>>
>>84468858
Thanagarian cop, real name Katar Hol, Earth pseudonim Carter Hall.
>>
Please DC I need money in my wallet
>>
>>84468909
>>84468887
So the whole re-incarnation thing was scrapped?
>>
>>84468737
Andreyko wrote Kate Spencer Manhunter, that was great

He did that rad Blue Devil and Black Lightning arc in DCUP too

he also wrote that shitty Batwoman arc after Williams left
>>
>>84468931
Yep.
Earth 2 Hawkgirl is with reincarnation, Prime version is SF.
>>
>>84468743
Eh, I find it hard to blame him for Batwoman since that's the time Rucka threw a bitch fit and left. He also co-wrote Streets of Gotham with Dini.
>>
Rann Thanagar war 2
>>
Deadman mini too

http://comicsalliance.com/deadman-dark-mansion-of-forbidden-love-vaughn-medina-exclusive/

>Gothic romance returns to DC Comics this October with the arrival of Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love by Sarah Vaughn and Lan Medina. The three-issue series tells the story of a young woman named Berenice who has the ability to see ghosts. She’s also caught in a love triangle with her boyfriend and her non-binary best friend, but her conflicted heart may be the least of her problems, as the mansion they occupy is haunted by a very angry revenant. Thankfully another ghost soon arrives to offer his help, and it’s none other than Boston Brand, the Deadman.

>Fans of romance comics will know Vaughn from Alex + Ada and Ruined, which was serialized in the Fresh Romance anthology. Fans of all kinds of comics may know Medina from Punisher Max, District X, or Fables. And fans of DC will know Deadman as a supernatural superhero who’s been bopping around the DC Universe since Arnold Drake and Carmine Infantino created him back in 1967.

>In the past, Deadman’s stories have ranged from superheroics to horror, but I think this is the first time he’s really gotten involved in a true Gothic romance plot. It’s definitely an interesting direction to take him in, and for DC’s line in general. Vaughn is the ideal choice for this sort of thing, and Medina’s artwork is gorgeous and evokes the perfect mood.
>>
>>84468955
Hopefully more happens this time.
>>
>>84468983
MOSAIC DONE RIGHT
>>
>>84468983
>From DC’s press release:

>A young woman with a conflicted heart and the ability to see ghosts, Berenice lives with her boyfriend, Nathan, in a grand mansion in New England but is growing closer and closer to her best friend, Sam. As she struggles with her heart’s desire, a dark presence settles over the mansion, drawing the attention of the ghostly superhero Deadman. As Berenice and Deadman seek to free the house and its inhabitants of Adelia Whitehall (known as the Darkness) vengeful rage, more disturbing and sinister secrets emerge, leaving Berenice in grave danger.

>“I’ve been reading romance novels and comics since I was kid, and it is a genre I am positively passionate about,” says writer Sarah Vaughn. “I can’t tell you how excited I am to be able to tell a modern gothic horror story with classic DC roots.”

>“After reading the synopsis of the story, I felt I was coming back to the old days of romance comics, but in an entirely new way,” says artist Lan Medina. “I was thrilled by how the Darkness character mixes with Deadman. This has absolutely taken me on a hell of a ride.”

>A gothic romance comic with superhero flair, DEADMAN: DARK MANSION OF FORBIDDEN LOVE comes from the creative minds of writer Sarah Vaughn (Alex + Ada) and artist Lan Medina (Vertigo’s FABLES) with covers by Stephanie Hans. The first issue of the series will arrive in comic shops in October 2016, with subsequent issues being released every other month.
there's some art in the link and it's beautiful
>>
>>84468983
This comic has such a great title.
>>
>>84468983
This deserves its own thread. That's some beautiful art.
>>
>>84468983
>her non-binary best friend
Dropped.
>>
File: HOLY.jpg (92 KB, 430x342) Image search: [Google]
HOLY.jpg
92 KB, 430x342
>>84468983
>>84469009
>That art
Man this is perfect
>>
>>84469027
Eh, that thread wouldn't last long
>>
>>84468671
Wait last we saw wasn't Alanna on Earth and Adam trapped in a zeta beam? And they were manipulating heroes togethdr

And Alanna a brown earthling?
>>
>>84469009
>non-binary best friend
What does that mean? Like a tranny? I want to like this, but love triangles where there's already a relationship just make me feel sorry for the people getting cucked/lead on.
>>
>>84468983
Damn that's some fine pencilwork. Hope the colorist doesn't fuck it up.
>>
>>84469452
Mom was Canadian her dad is still the alien
No in the last issue of JLU he got out
>>
Finally more cosmic DC
>>
>>84469536
it means they dont identify within the male/female gender binary.
>>
>>84469686
So like those really intense furries who actually believe they're a wolf?
>>
>>84469713
No those are otherkin. Non-binary people are like androgynous, or just 'neutral' in respect to the male/female thing.
>>
>>84469713
i guess kind of, except these people still think theyre human, they just dont feel like a boy or a girl
>>
>>84469713
It's kind of a wishy washy term that you'd have to read the comic to know the actual interpretation. Sometimes it means you don't feel like either gender, sometimes it's that you feel like each on different days.
>>
>>84469734
So people that can only jack off to 2D boys/girls?
>>
>>84469765
no no no thats autism, this is is sort of like autism, but they can speak to people. probably attracted to whomever too, just like a normal joe, except instead of being joe or jo, for male and female, theyre "j" because its gender neutral. but thats also a very convoluted example
>>
>>84469825
>no no no thats autism
isn't that sort of dismissive and bigoted?
>>
>>84469857
100% yes
>>
>we have to deal with more of this dumb Rann/Thanagar shit
Thanks, Alan.
>>
>all this good DC shit coming out in October/September

fucking hell. i'm literally not a rich man and now i'm probably going to have to stop pulling a couple of the series I have right now (byebye Batman...).

Young Animal and these new minis look fantastic.
>>
>>84469957
This is why I only had Gotham Academy and Blue Beetle on my pull so far. Tradewaiting the big books because I knew stuff like this would come out.
>>
>>84469957
>byebye Batman
So I'm not the only one? Who knew I'd be dropping King penned Batman.
>>
>>84468612
FUCK YES THIS IS WHAT I WANTED, COSMIC DC WITH THESE FUCKERS

Not sure about the writer though
>>
>>84469957
I'm dropping Flash, Action comics and JL. The rest of the DC rebirth books are good enough for me to continue having them in my pull list.
>>
>>84470063
Besides, those books will always be published. Saving money for Batman over book where 10 sales mean a lot is dumb.
>>
>>84469857
>>84469876

There's nothing dismissive or bigoted about masturbation.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.