[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preview: Nightwing: Rebirth #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (508 KB, 900x1383) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
508 KB, 900x1383
Preview: Nightwing: Rebirth #1
>>
File: 2.jpg (366 KB, 900x1383) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
366 KB, 900x1383
>>84443621
>>
File: 3.jpg (379 KB, 900x1383) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
379 KB, 900x1383
>>84443621
>>
>>84443621
god who are those guys
they're an old blue beetle enemy but I forgot their name
>>
>>84443621
So we open the story with Dick undercover with them. They've basically blackmailed him into being a part of their organization as a means to validate them in the eyes of the Court, and then him basically immediately trying to figure out a way to break them down.

And that leads him to encounter this dude Raptor, who works for the Court, as far as we can tell, but he has his own agenda in mind.

Nrama: That's a good summary. In the Nightwing: Rebirth #1 issue, you're working with Yanick Paquette. What's that issue like? Does it kind of introduce people to Dick's new status?
>>
>>84443793
its on the second page, madmen, nm
>>
>>84443621
Seeley: When Geoff first pitched us on how we were going to relaunch the "Rebirth" titles, he said hit the first issue running — your storyline's already there and it's already going. And you just, you don't have to worry about whatever baggage. And you use your "Rebirth" issue to introduce the reader to everything that's going on, and all the characters that are important to your character, and set the table for your ongoing series.

Knowing I was going to work with Yanick, my whole approach was going to be, let's give him great stuff to draw, because his art is so beautiful. You know, it's really organic and full of life, so I felt like, you know, if you don't open on a splash page of Dick Grayson engaged in a fight with some crazy bad guys, I felt like that would be a waste of Yanick.

So the story's really written for him to draw, you know, using the benchmarks of what I wanted to get across as Dick's new relationships. And then using those as sort of crazy splash pages to show the world that he comes from.
>>
>>84443824
rama: You mentioned Barbara, Damian and Bruce. How much will the other Bat-characters play in this?

Seeley: Yeah, in this, it's really about him having to deal with the Parliament while also being actively involved and getting to see his best friends and family members again.

Of course, that comes with headaches. Once he's involved with working with Raptor, he's got to justify that to people who are like, what are you doing, man? This is not, you know, a member of our family; this is not someone we trust.

Batgirl is a major character in it; Damian is a major character. Batman himself. I think those characters pretty much appear in every issue of the first four issues.

And I think that's an important thing to re-establish because Dick Grayson is a character whose most defining factor is his relationships with other superheroes.
>>
>>84443868
In the new Nightwing book, his supporting cast will be characters like Barbara Gordon, Damian, and Bruce Wayne. And then we'll obviously be adding some new stuff.

Grayson was a book about Dick Grayson away from the world that he had lived his whole life in. And Nightwing is about him returning to that as a guy with a different viewpoint and different sort of experience and education.
>>
Man I am looking foward to this. Grayson was the best Dick had been written in a long time so I hope it continues. Then you will have Dick and Damian interacting. Which is always awesome!
>>
>>84443926
>Grayson was the best Dick had been written in a long time

that's really not saying much
>>
>>84444118
>Grayson was briefly the best Bat-title.

How about that?
>>
>>84444209
no argument here
>>
File: 1453192778920.png (459 KB, 700x864) Image search: [Google]
1453192778920.png
459 KB, 700x864
Claiming these digits for best husbando
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.