[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when this fails can we stop going "why do they just make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: 16-mosaic-003.nocrop.w529.h861.jpg (232 KB, 529x808) Image search: [Google]
16-mosaic-003.nocrop.w529.h861.jpg
232 KB, 529x808
Because regardless of quality it's bombing and I feel all of you who hate colored legacy characters should pay attention to get why that's the way they most often go.
>>
>>84441194
Inhumans are boring as fuck doe.
>>
>>84441208
See your already making excuses as to why this is gonna fail. Sorry not gonna work. Ms marvel is a colored inhuman and sells well.
>>
>>84441225
And her book is the inhuman book least tied to the shitty Attilan drama. So I'm still right.
>>
>>84441237
And we're assuming mosaic will be tied into that because.....
>>
>>84441321
His trash design, he looks like he'd fit right in group shots with other of the new inhumans marvel is trying to push. Meanwhile Kamala's design was its own thing.
>>
>>84441369
He looks nothing like any inhuman. He seems more out of tron. You're just doing what everyone else will do. Making excuses for why this is doomed to fail so you don't have to admit New non legacy minority heroes can't sell books.

Also Kamala costume is boring.
>>
>>84441407
>New non legacy minority heroes can't sell books
Kamala seems to be doing fine, and from what I've seen she's got a cute design and an interesting light-hearted story.

Mosaic looks like a character Aaron McGruder would think up as a self-insert.
>>
>>84441407
>Also Kamala costume is boring.
Fuck off retard, good job pointing out you have no taste.
>>
>>84441237
>And her book is the inhuman book least tied to the shitty Attilan drama.
And in what way is this important. You said original minority character's books bomb regardless of quality. Ms Marvel is not bombing and a lot of people on /co/ like it.
You're just wrong.
>>
>>84441459
>Ms Marvel
>not a legacy character
>>
>>84441636
Nobody cares about Carol and Kamala is now more popular than she ever was.

This said >>84441194 you are still a faggot OP. Just because people won't buy your thing, you shouldn't race/gender change the original character for diversity. Git good.
>>
>>84441194

That's the problem. Comic publishers want instant success. Like that's going to happen in this day and age. They need to give characters time. Otherwise they will have trouble keeping people interested. Every time they make a new character, they could just as easily pick up one that is very good but neglected and give them more time to grow a fanbase.

Not everyone will get the same success as Kamala.
>>
>>84441608
What? What I was saying that Inhuman trash is what bombs and that Ms Marvel is good and sells because it distances itself enough.
>>
>>84441608
>Ms Marvel is not bombing and a lot of people on /co/ like it.
Ms. Marvel is also a legacy title. That's the point. Every single time there's a minority legacy character, threads get filled with people going "w-well why don't they just make NEW characters insteaded of all this race/genderswapping bullshit!"

This is why. Because new characters don't sell. Here is a brand new character that isn't a legacy character and guess what? This book is going to bomb because of it regardless of how good the book is or isn't.
>>
>>84441225
Kamala is using the MS MARVEL that already have her a push
>>
>>84441194
He looks like Metron.
>>
OP, control your bitch instincts and work on your grammar. Not everyone is going to pull a milestone, but you're race baiting harder than Hudlin at a Klan rally.
>>
>>84441747
Why don't we wait and see if it's actually a good book before bursting out into bitch tears, no? Who's making it?
>>
>>84441194
>People complain about stunt legacy minorities
>Marvel releases a doomed original minority character
>It predictably fails
>No one can complain anymore
All according to keikaku.
>>
>>84441843
No because he is an inhuman ):^~]
>>
>>84441194
So are you saying that coloured comic book characters can only be parasites unless they're Luke Cage?
>>
>>84441894
Yeah buy what original minority character isn't doomed. Seriously what was the creation date on the last minority cape character to get his or her comic that doesn't bear the name of an established hero?
I'm thinking spawn in the mid 90s but nah there has got to be something between then and now. Right?
>>
>>84441940
>Spawn 92
>Static 93
That's all I got, senpai.
>>
>>84441683
>>84441829
Yeah I'm not promoting race swapping shit. I'm saying to all the people who ask why no original...when this bombs it will explain why.

You people just assumed I was pro whor and falcap.

Though I do dig Kamala...even if her costume is so fucking boring.
>>
>>84441924
Bitch two of he best marvel series out are about Inhumans. Karnak and ms marvel.

In humans work fine as long as you don't try to make em secondhand mutants.

I long for old school inhuman shit before they spread like a cancer.
>>
>>84441225
The new books hardly have anything to do with the Inhumans currently, in fact it's like Willow is trying to break off the Inhumans ties.
>>
>>84441993
Karnak is overrated and Ms Marvel is good because she's not constantly getting wrapped up in shitty inhuman politics.
>>
is that a black guy with lightning powers?
>>
>>84442350
No, it's a black guy with Deadman powers.
>>
>>84442350
No, it's a nigger that steals peoples' lives by hijacking their bodies.
>>
>>84441747
Okay, so?

If niggers don't sell when you give them their own original heroes, and they don't sell when you snatch a legacy from a white and slap it on, then maybe there's a lesson to be learned.
>>
>Miles sells pretty well despite having nothing interesting going on
>this and Prowler are going to bomb hard no matter what
I didn't think we need to go over this.
>>
>>84442597
>and they don't sell when you snatch a legacy from a white and slap it on
Miles sells though.
>>
>/co/doesn't have a clue about how the medium they bitch about 24/7 works

What a shocker.
>>
>>84442663
A spiderman sells. Who knew.
>>
>>84442374
>>84442386
Why the fuck is he called Mosaic then? Wouldn't that name make more sense for a character who can control earth or something?
>>
>>84442736
Because he gets people's memories and He Learns Valuable Lessons about the experiences of others.
>>
>>84441194

His design sucks ass & he's part of the NuHumans,but the premise is pretty good
>>
>>84442736
Mosaic is what he becomes when he stays too long inside someone because his personality starts to get overwritten by the body's original identity. My guess is that by the end he'll have a lot of traits from everyone he possesses.
>>
>>84441940
2008?
>>
we interrupt a shitty thread for a shitty character with a meaningful message get
>>84442222
>>
>>84443721
I don't know, anon
What's happened recently is bad, but OMD is REALLY REALLY bad
>>
>>84441993
>cuntack
>good
I want this meme to end. Karnak is the shittiest book marvel produced, even worse than SG and Mockingbird
>>
This may be a stupid question, but do people in the Marvel universe hate inhumans in the same way they hate mutants?
>>
>>84443835
Sublime only propagates mutant hatred, so no.
>>
I told my friend about how most of Marvel's new comics got canceled in ANAD.

He told me that the low reception could be attributed to them not debuting them at a time/month where there would be more interest.

Is he right?
>>
Original characters in general almost always fail. Who are the newest white heroes that have broken out? Harley Quinn, who came out in 92? Deadpool, who came out in 91?
>>
>>84443988
There's merit to it. One of, if not the biggest failure of ANAD is the way the relaunch was rolled out. Ideally Secret Wars would have ended then all the ANAD launches would have happened across the next 2 months, but instead, Secret Wars got delayed to hell to the point that the last 3 issues were coming out after ANAD had already gotten well under way, meanwhile ANAD itself kept having book roll out from September to February. They kept piling on more and more book launches to the point that they all got kinda drowned out because there were so many, plus because they were all spread out you didn't get that hype of having a concentrated amount of new books all coming at once.

Obviously, they'd want to spread out their #1s so each month would be dominated by them in the sales charts, but this meant that they had books like Black Knight getting cancelled by the time books like Spider-man and Black Panther came out.

I don't know if its the REASON, but it's very possibly a factor.
>>
>>84441194
as the way it should. fuck minorities
>>
>>84444011
Squirrel Girl was 93 wasn't she?
>>
>>84444094

According to Wiki, 92... yet the street date of the comic was 91, so...?
>>
>>84444011
Invincible?
>>
File: 1466907246517.jpg (192 KB, 559x691) Image search: [Google]
1466907246517.jpg
192 KB, 559x691
>>84441723
Anon her book is selling worse than when it had lockjaw, and until a few months ago she was selling worse than uncanny Inhumans.
>>
>>84441829

Milestone was good tho

RIP
>>
>>84444149

I guess he's the closest, but I still don't think there's an Invincible movie/other than comic franchise coming his way for a long, long time, if ever.
>>
>>84441194
>So when this fails can we stop going "why do they just make original minority charavters?"
No. Then we start pointing fingers at the writers (as we should of course) and we tear them apart on how they're not black enough or whatever (as we should not do).

Anyway, Marvel already knows how hard it is to force new minority leads into their own titles, so that's why they are actively replacing the old heroes with new ones, but with the old title. Can't really blame them, though, what else could they do when nothing else seems to pick up?
>>
>>84445172
write GOOD characters of color. how about just write good comics period.
>>
He is Inhuman he was born to fail
>>
>>84444011
Maria Hill? Quake?
>>
>>84447908
They never got their own series.....though Mariah hill is pretty damn well known.

Mostly for bein a cunt tho.
>>
>>84450216
So is Batman
>>
The sales argument has been proven to be shit though.

Carol proves they can relaunch and push whoever they please regardless.

IF they were serious, this guys should stick around no matter what.
>>
File: quantum-and-woody-klang.jpg (417 KB, 885x679) Image search: [Google]
quantum-and-woody-klang.jpg
417 KB, 885x679
>>84442855
But that's just quantum.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.