[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just read through the Death and Return of Superman and noticed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: stl007338-600x923-jpg.jpg (247 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
stl007338-600x923-jpg.jpg
247 KB, 600x923
I just read through the Death and Return of Superman and noticed a lot a parallels to the current Rebirth run. Particularly with Reign of the Supermen. They seem to be having characters filling the four roles from Reign.

>Eradicator
Former villain turned hero who tends to be harsh in punishment and sometimes goes a little far including killing.
Lex Luthor seems to be filling his role.
>Steel
Hero who took up the mantle to carry on the good name and legacy of Superman.
Pre52 Superman is currently doing this trying to continue the good name of nu52Supes and continue the symbol.
>Superboy
New hero in his teens with punk attitude.
The Chinese Superman from previews seems like he will act a lot like Superboy did.
>Cyborg Superman
The Superman that did a surprise turn for evil revealing that he had plans to destroy Earth and working with another villain.
This role being a surprise villain reveal is by nature hard to predict and could be anyone really.
Who does /co/ think will be the surprise villain posing as a hero and the secret villain working with him from the shadows?
>>
Well I think you are kind of right OP, except that that Eradicator is literally back in the comics.

Also I'd say Superboy = Superson, aka Jon Kent aka old Superman's son (he will literally become the next Superboy I bet)
>>
>>84414902
It's more filling a narrative role. True about Eradicator but we don't know if we are getting good or evil Eradicator.
And Jon Kent doesn't act like Superboy did in Reign at all. Their personalities are pretty different.
>>
Superwoman would be a Steel analogue.
>>
>>84414913
I personally think the 4 parallels are gunna be Chinese Superman, Lex Superman, Superwoman, and Superboy
>>
File: Action Comics (2016-) 957-024.jpg (2 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics (2016-) 957-024.jpg
2 MB, 3975x3056
they're not exactly hiding it's death and return of superman
>>
>>84414922
Who will each parallel?
>>84414921
Haven't read her solicits. What do they say that make her sound like a Steel analog?
>>
>>84414921
She's more of Whor analogue.
WHOR DONE RIGHT!
>>
>>84414513
They keep going back to that well. See Regin of the Doomsdays.
>>
>>84414934
Solicits don't say much, but she's just a common citizen inspired by Superman, doing what needs to be done, without pretending to be Superman.
>>
>>84414972
That does sound like Steel.

The four Superman types were basically:
>Excessive force with villain past
>Young and cocky doing it for fame and glory
>Inspired by Superman and doing what he would have wanted
>Secretly evil and plotting while posing as a hero
>>
>>84414513
someone post slowpoke.jpg I'm too fucking lazy to do it
>>
>>84415182
>what is desuarchive
>>
>>84414513
What about the death and return of Jimmy Olsen?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.