[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
darkseid war should have just been a single 80 page issue of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
darkseid war should have just been a single 80 page issue of darkseid and the anti-monitor beating each other up with no context or story
>>
>>84382773

>Darksied: regularly jobs to superman
>Anti-Monitor: Physical manifestation of the entire anti-matter universe and resulted in the destruction of the multiverse until all of the heroes banded together and stopped him via shenanigans rather than a straight fight

How exactly is this even a fight?
>>
>>84382976
thats selling darkseid short.

when you think of the gods of apokalips you think of darkseid far above all the others when you think of new genesis you do think of highfather over the others but to nowhere near the same extent.

because remember new gods is not just a name they are actual gods

also darkseid has better soldiors
>>
>>84382976
It wasn't, and everyone lost. Especially the reader.
>>
>>84383157
i was going to say we at least got jessica cruz out of it but that was more forever evil
>>
I feel like Johns gave up on this halfway through to write Rebirth.
>>
>>84383384
i just feel like to much happened all at once in the final issue.
>>
>>84383157

I always hear people say it was terrible but I wasn't reading DC when it came out so I don't really know HOW bad it was. Was it Countdown levels of bad? Cry for Justice bad?
>>
>>84383430
It was normal bad not historically bad.
>>
>>84383430
It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't that good. The one shots were pretty good though.
>>
>>84383483
i would say grail was a historically bad character
>>
>>84382976
>How exactly is this even a fight?
Dr. Manhattan did it.
>>
>>84383510
i would say people were probably just pissed because it could have been so good
>>
>>84383513
She was a pretty generic edgy character. He tried to give her the same intentionally comedic dialogue as SBP but then kind of dropped it halfway through so she was just boring in the end. Not really remarkably bad though.
>>
>>84383576
i thought the same thing until i read the darkseid war special one shot
>>
>>84383384
This would make sense. He is basically acting as an editor on Rebirth and had to plan everything out and you can tell his heart is in it.

It's not an excuse of course though. Bad story is a bad story.
>>
>>84383430
Pretty much what >>84383483 and
>>84383510 said. It wasn't offensively terrible, just completely mediocre and trying to be much bigger than it turned out to be. It did completely misuse Anti-Monitor though. Plus it seemed to drag on for an eternity. The one shots were fantastic though. Especially the GL one.
>>
The very idea just seemed like more of a wish fulfillment than an actual story.
>>
>>84383669
i think thats the problem they tried to hard to avoid people thinking they were coasting on the awesomeness of darkseid v antimonitor and ended up making a convoluted mess.
>>
>>84383483
What would be considered "historically bad"?
Odyssey? Or is that "so bad it's good?"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.