[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are people on /co/, people who are doubtlessly reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: ngbbs471fa30fc3b46.jpg (126 KB, 441x331) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs471fa30fc3b46.jpg
126 KB, 441x331
There are people on /co/, people who are doubtlessly reading this very thread, who think that Homer's Enemy is a bad episode of the Simpsons.

Why is this shit allowed?
>>
Is not a bad episode.
Still isn't awesome though
>>
Donnie Fatso is my favourite episode ever
>>
>>84380222
That zombie simpsons episode where fat tony dies and gets replaced by someone similar to him? why?
>>
>>84380149
Nobody thinks it´s a bad episode, they only feel bad while watching it because they are honest, hard working people.
>>
>>84380149
were we supposed to feel bad for Frank. Yeah Homer had a good life, better than he should have, while Frank didn't. But it wasn't like Homer kept shitting on him for it.

He actually tried to be friends with Frank but he just couldn't get over it.

The guy invited him over to his house for a nice dinner and all Frank did was be a bitch about it
>>
>>84380149
It was a good episode. Why do people dislike it?
>>
>>84380577
Not that one. the one with fat tony's son
>>
I didn't realize how dark this episode was until I got older. When I was younger it didn't occur to me.
>>
A lot of people will debate and nitpick when the Simpsons went downhill, if Homer's enemy is "zombie simpsons", etc.

But for me, a constant will always be that the good seasons of the Simpsons are 1-9, while the shit ones are 10-now. Perhaps 8-9 had signs that the show was winding down but still, they were good.

End of story, debate averted
>>
The only objective indicator of zombie simpsons pivots around the status at the time of the episode of Phil Hartman. If the episode was made while Phil Hartman was alive, it is not zombie simpsons (this does not however necessarily mean that it is good). If the episode was made after Phil Hartman was killed, it is zombie simpsons (this does not however necessarily mean that it the episode must be bad). Phil Hartman does not need to be present in the episode, but he does need to have existed when it was produced.
>>
>>84381106
Frank was supposed to be a normal person interacting with Homer.

The guy doesn't do his job. Is bald, fat and ugly at a relatively young age. He's abusive to his kid and comes across as ignorant every time you speak to him.

But he's a Grammy winning astronaut who is friends with several ex presidents. Plus Homer is, as I have noted before, a writer of several top ten billboard songs, and basically a musical wunderkind. He also got hit house thanks to his dad buying it.
>>
>>84381106
What makes you feel like we're supposed to take sides and we aren't just observers to this unfortunate if not humorous series of events?
>>
>>84381236
The episode ends with a funeral. How did it not occur to you?
>>
>>84381870
So what would be the last episode or season he was alive for? I'll humor you long enough to pretend this isn't completely asinine.
>>
The only good part of this episode is the ending, beginning with the whole Grimey breakdown scene.

Everything before that is just a succession of weak "LOL HOMUR IS DUM" jokes to hammer the point of Grimes hating him in.

>I WILL RANDOMLY FUCK W/GRIMES STUFF BECAUSE I AM, IN FACT, AN IDIOT
>IT WAS CONTEST 4 CHILDREN
>LOL WATCH ME DRINK THIS ACID
>>
>>84384441
Hartman died May of '98. So that would be Season 9 going by airdate. Middle of the season if we go by production date and assume a 6 month production schedule (I'm not sure what it actually is for the Simpsons).
>>
>>84385207

Well, that actually coincides with when a lot of people say the show stopped being good. I didn't get fed up until season 11 or so, personally.
>>
This episode made Homer unlikable. I mean he did stupid shit before this, but it never ended up with somebody dead before.
>>
>>84385392
Bullshit. Homer didn't murder the man, or even bully him with the intention of being mean. Frank went off his gourd on his own.
>>
>>84385392
If Homer being stupid was a conscious decision, you might be on to something. But every explanation thus far has been about poor genetics or unfortunate accidents.
>>
>>84385719
CRAY
ON
>>
File: _.png (106 KB, 662x594) Image search: [Google]
_.png
106 KB, 662x594
Homer's Enemy was only bad because it felt needlessly mean-spirited and tortured a character who didn't particularly deserve it.

I understand they wanted to demonstrate the Simpsons is nothing like reality and a "realistic" person could never survive in their universe, but that just makes it all the more off-putting when he dies horrifically and then has his corpse pissed on.
>>
I lasted a lot longer than season 10. Probably because I was doing a lot of mushrooms at the time when I was catching up on 8ish through 15ish. It finally became laborious around 17 when even my feeble mind finally started to notice how tryhard it had become.
>>
>>84390871
God, people talk about their most hated episode and they say "Homer's Enemy" or "The Principal and The Pauper", but for me it has to be "HOMЯ".
>>
>>84391305
>"The Principal and The Pauper"
I give that a pass on account of it being one of the first to do major status quo changes only to basically bury it. It works because it's the joke.

Now every episode that followed and tried the same shit...
>>
>>84380149

It's like the really incredibly funny thing your grandpa said that make you realize that his Alzheimers is terminal.
>>
>>84391354

It's just "The Return Of Martin Guerre", but Simpsonsized.
>>
File: BECAUSE IM BANAGHER LINKS.jpg (183 KB, 1876x795) Image search: [Google]
BECAUSE IM BANAGHER LINKS.jpg
183 KB, 1876x795
>>84380149
I think it was pretty good.
>>
>>84384337
CHANGE THE CHANNEL MARGE!
>>
For me "The Principal and The Pauper" is one of the best episodes ever. I can understand why people dislike it though.
>>
>>84381106

>The guy invited him over to his house for a nice dinner and all Frank did was be a bitch about it

He tricked him into coming over by faking an emergency.
>>
>>84380149
Honestly there are no bad episodes before Season 12. There are some that aren't great or ones that miss the mark but they aren't bad television by any means.
Kill the Alligator and Run was incredibly close to being a bad episode though
>>
>>84380149
>Why is this shit allowed?

because /co/ doesn't filter users by their opinions before they enter
which is bad

There should be one, and all the people with shit taste get banned
>>
>>84380149
I don't think people think its a bad episode it just that it shows that there are people who barely try at life who have it better than you. Frank literally has been shitted on his whole life and gave it his all just to have the status he had before his death and he mean a man who should be a failure but not only is he not one but he doesn't realize how lucky he is. No matter what Frank did he would never be Homer Simpson even when he tried acting like him.
>>
>>84381141
It's mean-spirited.
>>
>>84381329
Season 8 is overall one of my favorite seasons. Hank Scorpio ep, X-Files/Mr Burns is an alien, chili cookoff/homer tripping balls. I don't see how people can act like this was zombie simpsons. I even liked the Frank Grimes episode.
>>
>>84395913
People that lack a viable sense of humor should not be watching the Simpsons.
>>
File: fucking done chick.jpg (91 KB, 560x763) Image search: [Google]
fucking done chick.jpg
91 KB, 560x763
Zapping through the tele, I just happened upon a more recent episode of Simpsons.

Short synopsis: Homer dies, but that geeky scientist clones him... Homer dies a fuckton more for 30 years until there are no longer clones and his conciousness is put on a flash drive. Marge divorces him. Lisa is married to Milhouse (cause that never gets old amirite?) Bart has 2 kids, an ex wife that lives with a xenomorph-looking thing ... and...
pic related.

Fuck all this shit. At around Season 12 or so, I stopped giving a fuck about Simpsons, so I have no clue what season this episode was from, but is there any reason to watch this drivel? The old episodes are so fucking good, but if this is the quality they are going for nowadays I just... I can't.

What are they doing to this show man?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.