[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The timing was perfect for a Batman Superman film. >It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg (306 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg
306 KB, 2000x1000
The timing was perfect for a Batman Superman film.

>It's 2016
>Audiences have accepted capes
>They have accepted the weird worlds they live in
>They Know who Bat-man is who Super-man is
>They had a once in a lifetime chance to catch lighting in the bottle

And he ruined it.

He destroyed it.

A decade could past and a new Bats and Sups team up film would still suffer the wounds of the old film.

They fucked it up so bad that DC heroes will likely wane away in audiences minds and we are going to live in a world where Hawkeye will be better know than Super-man.

And it was all destroyed by a solitary director with free reign to do as he pleased
>>
Deja Vu
>>
It's not over yet until SS.

If that underperforms, fuck it. Yes I know SS isn't Snyder but it has that DCEU tag with it
>>
Well, because of him, supes is now toxic, so CW can now use him in their tv shows.
>>
>>84378816
The next films having straight shota!?
>>
>>84378787
>They fucked it up so bad that DC heroes will likely wane away in audiences minds and we are going to live in a world where Hawkeye will be better know than Super-man.

meme
>>
>>84378816

I feel bad that Suicide Squad has to be lumped in with the hot garbage fire that is BvS.

Eh, at least we'll get more Batfleck in there.
>>
yep, welcome to hell
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x524
>Marvel wins again

IT'S NOT FAIR, WHY CAN'T DC HAVE GOOD MOVIES!?
>>
>>84378787
Never in a million years will Hawkeye be more well known than Superman.
>>
>>84378787
He did, he shocked the world and didnt gave you a shitty generic pop corn flick, instead he tried to actually talk about the characters in a way they deserve. Batman and Superman are cultural icons, not popular characters, they are modern western mythology and Snyder saying those characters would shock the world in real life is right. Keep watching cartoons OP, there's several great B/S interpretations for kids and adults there, enjoy them, Other people don't want yet another quipfest live action movie.
>>
>>84378787
History repeats itself. WB once again kills the CBM craze.
>>
>>84378969
>he shocked the world
Not in the way you think he did
>>
Hell, it's even simpler than that.

People were (and still are) getting tired of Marvel films dominating. People WANTED to support DC, wanted to support Batman and Superman in cinema.

It's so fucking easy to undersell how much leeway WB/DC had with this movie. It could have been a crowdpleaser and people would have gone crazy for it; it could have been dark and straightforward take like the Dark Knight trilogy; it could have been a trippy mindbending ride.

But somehow, Snyder steered BvS towards the one objectively bad/awkward part of Man of Steel: the symbolism. Heavy-handed, less-subtle-than-brick-to-your-face, boring symbolism. Add in Snyder's ineptitude with directing actors and you have one piece of shit film.

Audience good will only goes so far with a giant turd.

The good news is that it seems to still be there for other DC films, like SS and WW. But Justice League will be painful...
>>
I am so upset over it. This was maybe their one shot at establishing a cinematic universe, bringing Batman, Superman, and other characters into the light, and they ruined it.
>>
>>84379084
SS still has a shot. I'm pretty sure WW is dead on arrival
>>
>>84378969
The movie isn't even very good on a thematic level or as a take on modern mythology.

Who let a man who hates Superman make two Superman movies?
>>
>>84379084
He isn't even using symbolism right either.
>>
Yeah well, DC is in second place in the comics, why should things be any different in the movies?
>>
>>84378787
good. maybe this will start the death of cape garbage.
>>
File: artisticrenditionoftheDCEU.png (734 KB, 1280x1355) Image search: [Google]
artisticrenditionoftheDCEU.png
734 KB, 1280x1355
>>84378787

He didn't ruined it. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

If you wanna put blame on anyone. Blame Morrison, he let him in.
>>
File: Batman & Robin.jpg (63 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Batman & Robin.jpg
63 KB, 600x300
>>84379084
>People were (and still are) getting tired of Marvel films dominating.
You misspelled "neckbeards," because hype and ticket/dvd sales for Marvel cinematic are mad bank.

>People WANTED to support DC, wanted to support Batman and Superman in cinema
This, however, is true. Literally everyone I know was hyped (even the people who hated MoS were being cautiously optimistic)!

>Heavy-handed, less-subtle-than-brick-to-your-face, boring symbolism
I literally said to my friend, "Jesus ... this is gonna fucking SUCK" at the very start of the movie when they had that bit where the gun fires and breaks the pearl necklace. And THEN we had the "flying in a swirl of bats" just to be good and sure you knew what a shit-show of Pretentious Filmschool Freshman faggotry you were in for.

>SS still has a shot
Depends on if they overcompensate and take it too far in the other direction: no one wants grim-derp but you can fuck anything up by trying too hard. Image very much related.
>>
>>84378969
Zack, you should get back to filming Justice League. Do better this time.
>>
>>84379152
not that anon, but its pretty great on a thematic level.

Having Luthor and Batman's arcs mirror each other, one being redeemed by Superman's sacrifice and the other being forever damned by it.

Playing on this idea that everyone sees Superman as a savior, so we read into every single shot that might be vaguely religious. Superman himself just trying to be "normal" and not praised, but superman doesn't want to command or tell humans what to do. In fact, outside of saving people directly in danger, Superman tries to stay out of peoples lives as much as possible. And when he finally DOES try to talk to people, Luthor ruins it.

I really loved it, showing how the idea of Batman can be so easily corrupted without an ideal to counter balance it. And how Luthor is driven purely by his hate for Superman, so much so he interrupts his own speech because he just hates superman so goddamn much. They really captured the old golden/silver age mad scientist luthor, just showed it through the modern day lense of the modern tech billionaire.
>>
>>84378969
What he did was push his Ayn Rand fellating shitty politics into superheroes, and the world reacted with revulsion. He should go back to jacking off over The Fountainhead and leave the world alone.
>>
>>84379183
>Yeah well, DC is in second place in the comics
Given the bump from Rebirth and the slump from Civil Bore that might change (at least over the short term: Nu52 and Forever Evil's Villain Month both pushed them into the top slot briefly).

I'm a fan of capeshit rather than a company partisan (so I'd rather we got more like Vision and Green Arrow regardless of the logo on the thing); but currently DC's getting more of my dosh than Marvel is.

>why should things be any different in the movies?
I'm not a fan of the CW generally, nor their cape show's specifically (iZombie excepted although it's not so much "cape") as I find them overly formulaic and way waaaaay too focused on the soapy whiny jr highschool tier 'shipping drama; but DC's currently got an awful lot of IP on the small screen: iZombie, Lucifer, Preacher, Supergirl, Arrow, Flash, just off of the top of my head.

And they've dominated in animation for years.

Tl;dr: they just need to get their shit together as there is no reason that they shouldn't be riding high on the current popularity of capeshit with the causals.
>>
>>84379400
The flying in the swirl of bats was the moment i know the move was going to suck and that he didn't understand Batman.
>>
>>84379540
>And they've dominated in animation for years.
Actually that hasn't been true since Flashpoint movie or Assault on Arkham. DC's animated movies have been hot garbage for a while now
>>
>>84378884
It might be bad.

The trailers aren't exactly filling me with hope, I'm expecting at best mediocre stuff on par with Thor.
>>
>>84379084
Symbolism is the least of BvS' problems, anon
>>
>>84379592
>DC's animated movies have been hot garbage for a while now
I've enjoyed the LEGO movies (they're silly but they're also obviously made by fans for fans).
>>
>>84378787
Yeah well I guarantee you once a trailer drops everybody will be on Justice League's nuts once again and the cycle will renew once more.
>>
File: 1460666519008.png (1 MB, 2673x1750) Image search: [Google]
1460666519008.png
1 MB, 2673x1750
>>84379648
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
>>
>>84379680
>tfw /co/ is starting to circulate your image
feels great man
>>
File: 1462991864706.jpg (41 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1462991864706.jpg
41 KB, 400x533
>>84378787

Zack Snyder CAN NOT stop sucking the dick
>>
>>84378787
Extended cut fixed the movie for me. Direction was still dumb but at least it's a movie now rather than a choppy collection of scenes. Also Superman calling his mom was cute.
>>
>>84379755
Is it screaming or is it doing sit-ups?
>>
>>84378787
BvS was good though.
>>
Honestly between BvS and Ghostbusters, the naive optimist in me wonders if this is the year Hollywood realizes it has to get its shit together and they can't just coast on name recognition.
>>
>>84379785
He's screaming because he's doing intense sit-ups
NO PAIN NO GAIN SON
>>
>>84379808
No it wasn't.
>>
>>84379879
My mistake. It was great.
>>
>>84379900
Now you're just letting everyone know you're a troll.
>>
Batman vs. Superman is an inherently stupid concept, there was no way it was going to work.
>>
>>84379838
BvS sold really fucking well, even underperforming.

If anything it's taught Hollywood that they need to put even more eggs in even fewer baskets, and that you can sell a film on sheer hype alone.
>>
>>84378941

Maybe not with comic fans, but in terms of movies both Guardians and Deadpool outperformed BvS and MoS domestically. So even if they're better known, fewer and fewer people are giving a fuck about at least Superman (won't know with Batman until the solo movie comes out).
>>
>>84379928
World's Finest is a thing and that worked fine

>>84379930
>BvS sold really fucking well, even underperforming.
Anon, just because the box office is high doesn't mean the studio got the benefits from it
>>
>>84378787

WB shot themselves in the foot by letting Zack Snyder direct the three biggest films in the DCEU and map out its course. Whoever thought that letting a director who had a middling career with most of his movies getting less than 50% on RT direct WB's answer to the MCU should be shot.

This was a historical moment to have a live action meeting of the Trinity and establish the DCEU's brand, but now it's starting at a deficit.
>>
>>84379528
>What he did was push his Ayn Rand fellating shitty politics into superheroes
He didnt, like at all.
>>
>>84379734
You have a lot of spelling mistakes in there.
>>
>>84379084
>Heavy-handed,

There's nothing heavy handed about that when most idiots can't point out the Ubermensch parts of batman, or the extremely in your face Frankenstein arc of Lex got over people heads.

All what idiots talk about is muh , since that's all what americans understand, they can't understand Superman is being compared with the archetype of the sun god and not fucking jesus.
>>
>>84379680
He's like Michael Bay in a way.
>>
>>84380210
>when most idiots can't point out the Ubermensch parts of batman, or the extremely in your face Frankenstein arc of Lex got over people heads.
/tv/ please just go somewhere else
>>
>>84378816
SS is expected to do very well this Summer. Most so called 'guaranteed hits' have performed dreadfully this year. The only Summer movies to live up to expectations so far are Civil War, Pets, and Dory. And things aren't looking so hot for Ghostbusters. All SS needs to do is NOT BE A TRAINWRECK and it'll be fine.
>>
File: 1333176390997.jpg (14 KB, 297x297) Image search: [Google]
1333176390997.jpg
14 KB, 297x297
>>84380313
>All SS needs to do is NOT BE A TRAINWRECK and it'll be fine.
N...no pressure
>>
>>84380270
See that's the kind of dumbass answer you get by the same people that think the symbolism was too in your face. It just wasnt in your face enough.
>>
File: 1358726837855.jpg (35 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1358726837855.jpg
35 KB, 667x670
>>84378787
>And he ruined it.

I know /co/tv/ would love to believe this, as /co/ always love to blame Snyder for everything, that it was because of characterization of superman and what not but it was only because of the poor editing that costed WB 100 mill atleast, normies don't give a shit about muh Superman and Batman actually brought some money but then again normies don't want to watch a movie that is exausting and hard to follow, problems which were easely fixed with the director's cut.
>>
>>84380396
>that it was because of characterization of superman and what not but it was only because of the poor editing
Those aren't the only problems with the movie.
>>
>>84380396
The Director's Cut is fucking shit. It's the same awful movie but with 30 extra minutes.
>>
File: What they said in 2013.jpg (54 KB, 659x960) Image search: [Google]
What they said in 2013.jpg
54 KB, 659x960
Don't worry, the next movie will be great
>>
>>84378969
Kek. It wasn't even that bad of a movie, but, assuming this isn't bait, people like you are the reason it will never stop being mocked.
>>
>>84380440
>/co/ movie reviews
>>
>>84380534
They review movies better than /tv/.
>>
>>84378926
DC has had plenty of good movies in the past. Just wait 10-20 years for a return to form.
>>
>>84380452
>Mfw "This is just Superman's beginnings. He'll be a fully realized Superman in the sequel"
>>
>>84380623
>implying I will live that long
>>
>>84380138
I'm sure it made sense at the time. They weren't expecting him to go all "Kickboxer 2" and shit things up before they had a chance to really get started.
>>
>>84380313

Batman v Superman wasn't a trainwreck (it's the fourth highest grossing movie in the world this year) and even that was enough to make Warner Bros. reconsider how it handles its movies:

http://www.slashfilm.com/warner-bros-releases/

If Suicide Squad bombs (which I don't think it will, but I also don't think it's going to be a smash hit) then we're probably looking at a cancelled Wonder Woman and Affleck's solo Batman getting bumped up.
>>
>>84380351
>It just wasnt in your face enough.

Stop.

People understood that things were symbolical. They are probably aware that there's more "depth" to the various things that they watched.

That doesn't make them good, though.

Like, holy shit. You must have missed the point of English Lit class if you think symbolism makes a story good. Metaphors, symbols, etc. help an already well-made story have deeper impact and, in general, they're subtleties -- easter eggs, if you will.

But relying on symbolism to boost the quality of a story is misguided.

For example, why am I supposed to care that Lex's character arc is like that of Victor Frankenstein? Does knowing this make the movie better for me?

Admittedly, I said, "huh, i guess that's kinda neat." But I still think Lex was a horribly written character and no amount of pro-symbolism changes the fact that his characterization made little sense.
>>
>>84380313
>And things aren't looking so hot for Ghostbusters.
There's an understatement.
>>
>>84379917
>you are a troll if you like what i dont like
fucking infantile
>>
>>84380643
D-don't do it anon
>>
>>84380731
>a cancelled Wonder Woman

Are you dumb?

They already finished production of it.
>>
>>84380767
No, you're a troll because even the people who like the movie don't think it's "great". Stupid bitch.
>>
>>84380640
Developed so fast that they managed to go straight to his death
>>
>>84380731
>a cancelled Wonder Woman
Holy shit.
Its true.
You people are all fucking stupid as hell.
>>
>>84380557
No, /co/ in general doesnt watch movies or read books, Most people here only goes to the movies to watch big blockbusters, /tv/ is a shithole, but at least they watch movies that don't have toylines.
>>84380640
And he was. In fact a great superman. But some fags want to think that since he wasnt weaving an american flag and smiling while people were dying he was a bad superman.
>>
>>84380643
You might not, but I certainly will. I'll fucking live forever.
>>
>>84380799
Not even the guy you were originally talking to, i just thought you were a retard. Which you are.

> even the people who like the movie don't think it's "great"
Ha, you are absolutely clueless.
>>
>>84380830
>/tv/ is a shithole, but at least they watch movies that don't have toylines.
Then why do they constantly talk about capeshit?
>>
>>84380851
>Not even the guy you were originally talking to

sure, buddy
>>
>>84380752
>Does knowing this make the movie better for me?

No, but it does give you context and information about his character beyond his words, it means the character can lie to other characters.
>>
>>84380830
He had promise but has been woefully mishandled by a person who doesn't like Superman and is just flat out uncomfortable with having the heroes interact with in their "uniforms".
>>
>>84380623

Unless you're going off technicalities like A History of Violence or Road to Perdition, not counting the Nolan Batmans you literally have to go back to the 1980s to get a good live-action DC movie.
>>
>>84380851
Yeah, I simply just don't get it, just like I don't understand the hidden deeper meanings behind Snyders kino art, right? Just shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>84380865

I know this is /co/ but where did i implied they didnt? i was implying /co/ only watches movies with toy lines, not that /tv/ doesnt watch crap.
>>
>>84380886
>by a person who doesn't like Superman
This is false.
>>
>>84380899
/co/ watches movies related to /co/

Because this is /co/
>>
>>84380899
Shit, sorry, man. My head's not in the right place at the moment. I haven't slept in three days.
>>
>>84380929
It's true. He likes pictures of him looking angry with glowing red eyes, but thats the extent of his "love" for supes.
>>
>>84380781
>>84380812

Ya'll realize that "finished" means principal photography's wrapped and Gal Godot's finished her scenes, meaning about a third of the movie could be incomplete, right?
>>
>>84380752
>People understood that things were symbolical.
Ha, no they didnt.

>English Lit class if you think symbolism makes a story good.
Most English Lit classes, at least the ones i was in, spent a majority of the time analysing famous literature and poetry, looking for metaphors and allegories to real life events. So i think most people would disagree when you say that it doesnt make them good.

>in general, they're subtleties -- easter eggs, if you will.
Oh right your retarded.

>Lex's character arc is like that of Victor Frankenstein?
Not really, could make something out of his wanting for a son with doomsday but thats as far as you could reach, unless there was some gay subtext i missed.

> his characterization made little sense.
For (you)
>>
>>84380938
And there's nothing wrong with that.
But is terrible to believe this board knows shit about live action movies.

/co/ threads about animation are way better than live action threads, this is a board where most people doesnt understand why people say Civil war looks like a tv show or that Flash isnt a good show if you don't feed on easter eggs and fan pandering.
>>
>>84380979
I realise that you are an idiot to think it'll be cancelled now.
>>
>>84380888
>if you don't count all of these great movies from the past 30 years, then you have to go way back

lel
>>
>>84380875
Would you like me to post screen caps, or would you proclaim "photoshop" like a proud little autist.

>>84380891
Judging from that response you probably didnt, even though thats not even what the conversation was about.

How fucking old are you?
>>
>>84381005
Look, dude, I'm the guy you replied to originally. I said I was sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying about /tv/ and that. Let's not make a big deal out of this.
>>
>>84379400
>at the very start of the movie when they had that bit where the gun fires and breaks the pearl necklace.
That's literally straight out of TDKR.
>>
>>84380989
>people would disagree when you say that it doesnt make them good.
Most people fucking HATED that shit in school, Poindexter.
>>
>>84381017

You realize that they "finished" a version of Watchmen and never released it, right?

And that Suicide Squad bombing would mean that Batman, Superman, and Joker would be damaged goods.

And that tons of projects get filmed and never released.

Right?
>>
>>84380979
He also likes Clark calling his mom when he needs advice, but we didnt see him saving cats, damn you snyder!.
>>
>>84380888

Thats one of the dumbest things i ever heard, how shit is your taste.
>>
>>84380989
>Not really, could make something out of his wanting for a son with doomsday but thats as far as you could reach, unless there was some gay subtext i missed.

He was talking about Prometheus in the party...
>>
>>84381077
>And that tons of projects get filmed and never released.
Name 5.
>>
>>84379573

Why do you say that? I didn't like the movie but I loved the scene of the bats swirling around young Bruce while he levitates into the light with the voice over concluding its monologue with "In the dream, they took me into the light. A beautiful lie". I loved the idea of Bruce being at the lowest point in his life and him having his "I shall become a bat" moment being the thing that gives him purpose.
>>
>>84380989
>Oh right your retarded.
>your
Your 3deep5me arguments might have a bit more heft if you'd managed to grasp basic grammar.
>>
>>84381077
This has nothing to do with WW being cancelled you fucking retard.

>Batman, Superman, and Joker would be damaged goods
As if.
>>
>>84381032

>If you don't count the freak success of the Nolanverse Batman movies you have to look at things like A History of Violence that most people who watched probably didn't know was technically a DC comic and still weren't TREMENDOUS successes.

The argument was DC films used to be good. Batman movies and obscure graphic novel adaptations have been good. Superman hasn't been good since 1980 and I defy you to name another hero that's gotten a good movie since other than Batman.
>>
>>84381131
Superman is actually. It's why he's suddenly allowed to be used on supergirl.
>>
>>84381070
>Most people fucking HATED that shit in school, Poindexter.
I mean i know you are a idiot but now its just so telling.

I take it you failed you English exams, right?
>>
>>84381109
I think he is confusing pre-production and test footage with actual filming It's like when people in this board think that narrative and plot are the same.
>>
>>84381077
>You realize that they "finished" a version of Watchmen and never released it, right?
wat

No Watchmen project ever began production aside from Snyder's. The furthest it got before that was screenplays and some conceptualizing.

>Batman, Superman, and Joker would be damaged goods.
kek not even Batman & Robin or Quest for Peace damaged Batman and Superman as properties. You're so fucking deluded.
>>
>>84381131

Big name projects have been cancelled, which has entirely to do with Wonder Woman being cancelled if Warner Bros decides to take less risks with the movies they release.
>>
>>84380452
>the next movie will be great
Don't forget: "T-this was just/mostly set up for the next one!"

Because that's what you really need: half a decade of set up before you get to anything resembling a payoff. The kids will totally wait around for that.
>>
>>84381121
>I loved the idea of Bruce being at the lowest point in his life and him having his "I shall become a bat" moment being the thing that gives him purpose.

And how the bat is a totem in his transformation to his version of the Ãœbermensch...

And yet when the movie came out some people was mad that batman now can fly or that he was like Jesus too.
>>
File: Dr Pavel, I'm Suicide Squad.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Dr Pavel, I'm Suicide Squad.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>84378816

I really hope Suicide Squad is good.

I'm still on the fence right now.
>>
>>84381181
A movie with a hundred+ million dollar budget has never been canceled during post production. Even fucking Fant4stic was still released and it was clearly unfinished. Do you know anything about how movies are made?
>>
>>84381099
Assumed that was a reference to the Greek myth what with all religious subtext. But you may be correct.

>>84381130
>A spelling mistake.
>comparing literature to a fucking Easter egg.

retarded.
>>
>>84381069
>If I literally lift something stupidly ham-fisted right out of a comic panel it stops being ham-fisted and becomes High Art, because: Kino
It was stupid then and it's stupid now.
>>
>timing was perfect
>implying

The timing of the Dark Knight movies was perfect, as the market at the time (mid-2000s) wasn't oversaturated by the capeshit genre with the exception of the Fantastic Four/X-Men/SpiderMan movies. Snyder failed to have a solid world-building narrative and tried to enter the market when people were beginning to get increasingly tired of the same repetitive hero-themed plotlines.
>>
>>84381154
wait really? I thought that shit got cancelled.

>>84381181
>All footage is shot
>Has popular actors, some well known some up and coming
>Based on a popular comic character which is currently in the medias eye a lot
>From a talented director

yep its gonna be cancelled.
>>
>>84380839
Batman: Forever
>>
>>84381139
Watchmen :^)
>>
>>84381164
>you are a idiot
>you failed you English exams
This has to be trolling.
>>
>>84381229
The only bad sign is the shitty joker marketing which i think even ayer said was bs anyway
>>
>>84381259
>ham-fisted

You don't even know what that means.
>>
>>84381299

You mean that movie that barely turned a profit, did poorly with critics, and also sucked?
>>
>>84381301
It's two in the morning here, dosent change the fact you said shit like this >>84381070
>>
>>84381345
>did poorly with critics
>about 50/50
>Ebert gave it 4 stars

Nice try :^)
>>
>>84381301
>This has to be trolling.
Or, you know, summerFaggots summerFagging.

This time of year when it sounds like you're dealing with an overly carbonated 12 year old on a sugar high there's a better than even chance that you actually ARE dealing with a literal 12 year old.
>>
File: NUCLEAR.jpg (812 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NUCLEAR.jpg
812 KB, 1920x1080
I JUST WANT SOME GOOD DC SUPER HERO MOVIES GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>84381297
THERE USED TO BE A GRAYING TOWER ALONE BY THE SEA
>>
>>84381396
>What is BvS: DoJ: UC?
>>
>>84381359
>I-it's past my bedtime
>dosent
kek!
You're killing me over here, kiddo!
>>
>>84379599
I'm worried too but what worries me more is that if it is shit, literally every normie will say it was the best anyways just because muh harley muh joker
>>
>>84381345
Made back its budget plus roughly 1/3 extra, was popular with a majority of critics and is considered by most, including gibbions to be one of the best comic adaptions of all time.

Ha, pleb.
>>
>>84381396
There's still the non-Snyder ones
>>
>>84381385

50/50 isn't "poorly" to you? Do you consider "lukewarm" to be a compliment?

>Ebert
>Good critic

Pick one
>>
>>84381412
At least i passed English :^)
>>
>>84381443
>>Ebert
>>not God tier
Nigger, you just went full retard.
>>
>>84381432
>Made back its budget plus roughly 1/3 extra
That's not considered good.
>>
>>84381070
Are you only pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>84381455
>:^)
Confirmed for 12 years old.
>>
>>84381443
>Pick one
He's literally one of, if not the most respected movie critic ever.
>>
>>84381432

It made back 55 million globally against a 130 mil. budget, which doesn't take marketing into account.

Yeah, I'm still pretty comfortable calling that a paltry profit.
>>
>>84381396
I want some good Marvel ones too, but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.
>>
>>84381411
I genuinely liked it, but I don't think it was necessarily "good".

>>84381436
Yes, of course...
>>
>>84381465
>>84381496
He does not hold a candle to Armond White, White at least appreciates great cinema.
>>
>>84381493
>Confirmed for having lost the argument so they had to try and change subject asap to try and save face.

>>84381476
Maybe not, but its better then barely making more than its budget

:^)
>>
>>84381397
BAY BEH!
>>
>>84381496

He's also favorably reviewed Speed 2 and Revenge of the Sith, while trashing Blue Velvet and Fight Club, so he's also capable of being incredibly wrong about movies.
>>
>>84381520
It's still a profit nonetheless. On an R rated movie of a limited run that casuals had never heard of.
>>
File: hipster-douche.png (52 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
hipster-douche.png
52 KB, 600x350
>>84381547
>appreciates great cinema
>>
>>84381465
>>84381496
The anon may have shit taste in film,, but Ebert was a shitty critic who really had only face value knowledge on film.
>>
>>84381555
I COMPARE YOU TO A KISS FROM A ROSE ON THE GRAY
>>
>>84379100
>and they ruined it.
All according to keikaku
>>
>>84381567

We're arguing "good". Meaning either the movie was good or it did well financially. Watchmen only made a profit overseas and split critics and also sucked. So by pretty much every rubric it was mediocre to bad.
>>
>>84380877
You don't need symbolism to know that a movie's villain an be a liar.
>>
File: 1453511582981.jpg (72 KB, 535x439) Image search: [Google]
1453511582981.jpg
72 KB, 535x439
>>84378787
>capeshit
>>>/tv/
>>
>>84381607
>We're arguing "good"
>Meaning either the movie was good or it did well financially.
You understand that by this logic Bayformers is right up there with Citizen Cain, right?
>>
>/co/ is still blinded by the Disney cum in their eyes to see that Snyder delivered a truly great piece of film making in this shit genre

>>>/tv/1162127
>>
>>84381639

Citizen Kane is one of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time, so no.
>>
>>84381607
>I'm incapable of thinking for myself so I have to use box office numbers and other people's opinions to decide if a movie is good or bad

Pretty sad tbhwyfam
>>
With the exception of "That one Batman scene was cool", I've never heard a defense of BvS that wasn't a variation of "Everyone is stupid except me".

/tv/ needs to up its meme game.
>>
>>84380888
except Nolan's movies aren't good Batman movies his Batman is a raging depressed adult who cares nothing about bystanders and repeatedly endangers everyone around him to save the chick who friend-zoned him at the expense of everything else
>>
>>84381686
Snyder made The Rocketeer? Why didn't you say earlier?
>>
>>84381359
>It's two in the morning here
So? Do you turn into a gremlin if you use spellcheck past midnight?
>>
>>84381728
/tv/ has had actual legit discussion about this movie, whereas /co/ just bitches nonstop about "not muh" when they don't even read comics
>>
>>84381734
>his Batman is a raging depressed adult
Could be worse, though. SnyderBats is literally Bruce of Murder. With fucking GUNS!
>>
>>84381727
It's interesting how people always seem to define "independent thought" as taking the contrarian choice.

This time next week we're probably going to see /tv/ defending the fuck out of Ghostbusters.
>>
>>84381760
>/tv/ has had actual legit discussion about this movie
Bollocks. /tv/ doesn't legitimately discuss anything.
>>
>>84381760
>/tvirgins are superior to co/cksuckers!
Which explains why you're posting here rather than there?
>>
>>84381760
>/tv/ has had actual legit discussion about this movie,
Yeah, sure they do
>whereas /co/ just bitches nonstop about "not muh" when they don't even read comics
Okay, fair point. I suppose that bleating "Not Muh" repeatedly does not fall under the purview of a "it's just too smart for you plebs" defense.

So there are in fact two go to tactics.
>>
>>84381801
They did though when the Ultimate Edition came out, which was surprising. No memes, it was just talking about the movie.
>>
>>84381735
GG for even having seen that film.

>>84381742
No, do you?
>>
>>84381858
Well, the important thing is that YOU believe that.
>>
>>84381760
/co/ doesnt have any knowledge of movies, compare Animation threads where people talks about studios directors, styles, countries, and capeshit threads in /co/ where all they do is either bitch about quips or get mad when someone says Civil War has terrible CGI and looked like a tv show. Go to a CWshows thread is all "did you catch that reference??" They don't care about quality, quality in this board means "things i like happened".
>>
>>84381792
>define "independent thought" as taking the contrarian choice.
It's actually more pathetic that that: because "contrarian" here means running contrary to what's popular with the general public (aka "normies" or "causals") which is /co's kneejerk reaction to everything.

Thus they're literally saying you're not "thinking for yourself" when what they really want is for you to join the /co hivemind.
>>
>>84381899
Which is essentially the OP's post.

>WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE THE EXACT MOVIE THAT I WANTED WAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>84378787
Instead of mashing together a bunch of stores that mean nothing this early into the cinematic version of these characters lives it should've been a Batman/Superman: World's Finest movie.
>have incredibly small scuffle when first meet
>soon agree to work together when they realize they're working the same case
>come to understand one another over course of movie
>are solid friends by the end
that's all they had to fucking do. It was a fucking guaranteed winner.

But fucking Snyder (and WB) once again prove that they fundamentally don't understand these characters or why people have loved them for 80 years. Cereal King is our only hope....pray to him.
>>
>>84381587
Goddamn I love that song.
>>
>>84381893
You know you're capable of going to more than one board on this site right? It's right there in the archive if you feel like reading the thread.
>>
>>84381900
I'm actually talking specifically about the people that hold up Armond White as the god king of critical thought but sure whatever you want senpai.
>>
>>84381934
While I agree with you Man of Steel already pre-ruined that.
>>
>>84381899
>Go to a CWshows thread is all "did you catch that reference??"
I'm sorry I can't here you over the six page kino meme that details all the profound references and symbolism in Snyder's masterpiece.
>>
>>84381978
>implying he isn't
He loves film. He ignores dumb Marvel trash and appreciates film, a visual medium, which includes visual art pieces like MoS and BvS.
>>
>>84381975
I don't need to wade through a septic tank to know what it's full of when I can smell it just fine from here.
>>
>>84382003
It only seems to reference Excalibur strangely enough. And the movie will never be as good as Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
>>
>>84381984
MoS ended on a fucking happy/positive note though
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBt8fqYTxLo
Clark had finally accepted who he was and had someone he could share it with. The problem is he went fucking backwards in BvS so Snyder could force Superman and Batman into some contrived fight by a twitchy spaz.
>>
>>84382031
Then why are you posting on this board?
>>
>>84382019
You're like those guys that thought Colbert was an actual conservative. It's almost funny how not in on the joke you are.
>>
>>84382052
Because I don't have the underage foot fetish required to post on /tv/.
>>
>>84382078
This board is equally shitty though, just look at this thread. You guys can barely even discuss comics intelligently, film discussion is just pathetic.
>>
>>84381934

THIS. This movie was a slam-fucking-dunk in terms of its premise. Batman and Superman meet for the first time on the big screen and after fighting for a bit (which every comic fan wants to see), they team up together to stop some evil villain. Oh, and Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman are in it as well.

Hype was so high for this film, even among the skeptics due to the Comic Con trailer and the third trailer. How do you fuck that up?
>>
File: simply epic.jpg (110 KB, 577x459) Image search: [Google]
simply epic.jpg
110 KB, 577x459
I can't fucking tell if people defending BvS as a deep masterpiece are actually serious. There's no way there can be that many pseudo-inetellectual faggots in this shithole.
>>
>>84382315
I'd say it's 50% trolls and 50% legit retards who use the troll posts to fuel their delusion
>>
File: 1432829746101.jpg (15 KB, 299x396) Image search: [Google]
1432829746101.jpg
15 KB, 299x396
How startled were you guys when Batman was straight up killing people in his Batmobile?
>>
>>84382724
Which movie? Cause he's done it in all of them.
>>
>>84382776
Not as brutally as this one.
>>
File: 1464022443529.jpg (18 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
1464022443529.jpg
18 KB, 480x358
>>84382776
BvS, like straight up ramming cars with it and making their cars explode.

Also did Batman even kill others in TDK besides Harvey Dent?
>>
>>84382724
I was honestly pretty surprised. I thought for sure Snyder would've learned his lesson after the backlash from MoS. Assumed we were gonna see the people jump from the cars or Batman say they're only stun bullets or some shit, but nope....Batman is a straight up killer.
>>
>>84382927
I'm split with his Brand of the Bat thing, like he figuratively injects poison into the guy and waits for him to die at prison, but you know it's kinda like "I won't kill you but I won't save you".
>>
>>84382315
What i find hard to believe is that people like you think the references to western mythology are somehow "deep" when they are pretty simple.
>>
>>84382315
If you want to see what true delusion looks like go to the DC_Cinematic reddit. Snyder is literally the second coming.
>be me
>massive DCuck
>pulling literally every DC on-going
>hate MCU
>post in there saying I hated BvS and reasons why
>people lose their shit at me
>am fake DC fan
>am Marvel fanboy
>clearly didn't understand Snyder's obvious kino
They're beyond normal reddit crazy there.
>>
>>84382897
He would only kill the major villains and always at the end of the movie. It was noticeable but Nolan's style never seemed very comic booky so I wasn't bothered by it.
>>
>>84382897
He blew up a house full of ninjas.
>>
>>84382974
I wasn't a big fan of Nolan's
>"I won't kill you but I won't save you".
either. But as >>84383013
points out they weren't really proper comicbook movies. Adding Superman makes it a fucking comicbook movie.
>>
>>84383031
That was before he became batman though. I liked the idea that he tried to develop into being more heroic when he put on the mask.
>>
>>84383007
>>massive DCuck
>>pulling literally every DC on-going

The sign of someone who doesn't read comics at all.
>>
File: 1437021985133.gif (1 MB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
1437021985133.gif
1 MB, 500x226
>all this DCshite delusion
>>
>>84379680
Oh my, Zack Snyder is real life Sonic.
>>
>>84383056
Oh yeah...
>>
File: batgod.png (362 KB, 576x592) Image search: [Google]
batgod.png
362 KB, 576x592
>>84383007
>be me
Stay on reddit.
>>
>>84383058
But I actually am anon....all the Rebirth titles this week were fucking great and we got our first letdown in JL Rebirth. Hitch was clearly rushed with the art though (some wonky as fuck faces)
>Jessica is objectively best girl with buns of steel
>Baz is best guy
>>
>>84383135
>pretending that no one on 4chan uses reddit as well
don't cut yourself on that edge
>>
File: 1459612061597.jpg (37 KB, 286x459) Image search: [Google]
1459612061597.jpg
37 KB, 286x459
Was Bruce Wayne confirmed in Suicide Squad? Could be a good time to introduce Commissioner Jonah Jameson.
>>
>>84383167
I use browse both, but at least I can greentext without using r/4chan as an example
>>
>>84382993

I never said that, you fucking retard.
>>
>>84379231
>If you wanna put blame on anyone. Blame Morrison, he let him in.
explain pls
>>
>>84383645
>le hypercrisis may may
>>
>>84378787

wtf are you even saying.

i make it my business to see every new capeshit once it hits the theaters and Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, with Watchmen as a very close 3rd, are by far my favorite cape movies.

snyder just has a way of directing that places you into the comic pages unlike any other director. he's a breath of fresh air and thank god that he's in the industry.

fuck. i'm literally disappointed that he'll NEVER do a marvel movie (pls snyder, save the xmen) or the rest of dc films.
>>
>>84385045
>snyder just has a way of directing that places you into the comic pages
Have you actually ever read a comic?
>>
>>84385178
Snyderfags never do. And then claim that everyone is like them.

Like how a few days ago we had that one guy going "Eisenberg Lex is lifted from Birthright!" and then ab unch of other anons kept posting pages of Birthright to show how full of shit he was.

He then accused them of posting those pages out of context, and when asked to post the page he was talking about,said to just read the comic. Which people were posting directly from. Then people said "at least tell us what page or scene you're thinking of", to which he accused everyone of autism and ran off.

That's your typical BvS fan.
>>
>>84385045
>>84385178

>Have you actually ever read a comic?

Naw, he's actually right. Snyder has supreme reverence for the comic panels. Unfortunately, that's ALL he has reverence or knowledge of. To quote a review:

>He made Watchmen like someone who had never experienced any form of pop culture other than the graphic novel Watchmen. Of course, to such a man, a sex scene set to Hallelujah made sense. To such a man, who has for years pored over every single frame of Watchmen in the way a monk might study the word of God, with little to no influence of any sort from the outside world, what better conveys the still images of frozen, violent action than slow motion?
>>
>>84381542
>liked a movie
>but i wouldnt say it was good

you have been brainwashed by this board anon, it was a good movie, its fine to not agree with the marvel fans
>>
>>84381547
I dont understand why you would bring up White, he loved Batman v Superman. So you are kind of shooting your whole argument in the foot.
>>
>>84382927
>>84382724

You do realize Batman's whole arc was gaining back his no-kill code via Superman's sacrifice? Like Superman died for Luthor's and Batmans sins kinda thing.

That's why Batman doesn't brand luthor.
>>
>>84383007
People defend reddit but they really are mostly a bunch of plebs with shit taste.
>>
>>84385554
Oh fucking my god you're totally right, I honestly don't know how I missed that. This changes literally everything. The movie is without doubt now a masterpiece that future generations will praise without limit.

Thank you kind anon. Thank you for showing us the sheer brilliance that is Snyder. For showing me that I was a simpleton for not for not wanting Batman to kill people indiscriminately, for wanting him to be like the character of the last 80 years. Such a fool I was. Snyder has reinvented the character. Praise be.
>>
>>84385504
You're forgetting that this is /tv/ logic. The contrary opinion is the right one. White is their patron saint because he's also a contrarian.
>>
>>84385791
Your salt level is through the roof.
>>
>>84380452
>Don't worry, the next movie will be great

DC lost me with one fucking line:

"Truth, Justice, all that sort of stuff."

Fuck those assholes. Fuck them running.

It's "Truth, Justice, and the American way!" That's the fucking line. That's fucking Superman.

Not this...tripe.

Fuck DC.
>>
>>84385554
It just retreads the same problem as last movie in that Snyder is trying to answer questions nobody asked. We don't need Batman's no-kill code to be reestablished; just like we didn't need Superman's established. They can just HAVE it.

And that's already setting aside the fact that he, like many anons have pointed out, has started this universe too late in its lifespan without any of the necessary ground work. He's trying to document the hero's fall but the rise and tenure was off camera. He's trying to deconstruct rules and genre conventions he never established; and thus relies on metatexual information to establish.

And what's sad and hilarious is that we *know* he does this. He flat out said as much with regards to the whole Jimmy Olsen thing. And people still keep denying it.
>>
>>84385960
>Fuck DC.
Fuck WB. DC wasn't in control of the movies or had any real power. Hopefully that's going to change now that it seems Johns is in charge/has actual power.
>>
>>84385960
I've never seen a more reddit post on here than this.
>>
>>84386074
See
>>84385554
>>
>>84379928
It could work with proper development. Not by trying to shove Batman into a MoS sequel.
>>
>>84380396
>problems which were easely fixed with the director's cut.

I've only watched the director's cut and I found the movie awful except for some of the Bruce/Alfred stuff.

And this is coming from someone that liked MoS.
>>
>>84378787

I loved Batman v Superman, but i wanted to everyone loved it, so i want to punch Snyder in the face for ruining the DCAU. It helps that he has the most punchable face in the world.
>>
>>84381583
Ebert was retarded.
When you have a movie as shitty as Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and IT'S BAD AND IT OFFENDS ME is all the constructive "criticism" you can give to it, you're not a good critic.
>>
>>84385960
You do realize that it was originally just "Fighting for Truth and Justice" right?
It even says it in the Fleischer cartoons. "American Way" was added later, during the Cold War I believe.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SQgMqf8tV6Q
>>
>>84380875
He's not. I was, and I unironically think it is a really great movie. Nearly every scene felt like it was done right to me.
>>
>>84389370
I really wish they'd use this theme a bit more instead of just going back to the Williams one again and again.
>>
>>84389370
so what? 'under god' was added to the pledge of allegiance later. doesn't mean it wasn't always there. once you put it there it rewrites the past, filling the vacuum that nobody realized was staring them in the face.
>>
>>84389522
>once you put it there it rewrites the past

That sounds Orwellian. They're just making a reference to classic Superman, why is that a bad thing? How is that not "getting" Superman? They probably get him more than you do. I know I do.
>>
>>84389497
Yeah that theme is amazing. This may be a bit too far-fetched, but a remixed version for when Superman comes back in the DCEU would be the best thing ever.
>>
>>84381396
Watch Supes TAS
>>
>>84390308
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daudsQhybRA
Managed to do in 44 seconds (and do it much better) than BvS could in 3 hours.

Lex shouldn't be a stammering pre-teen, he should ooze authority, even when standing face to face with someone like Superman. Because he knows that Superman plays by the rules, and unless Superman can prove Lex is breaking them then he can't do a thing.
>>
>>84390763
>Bald businessman Luthor
No, Lex should be a mad scientist with a full head of red hair
:^)
>>
>>84390763
Sounds like BvS Lex to me. He manipulated every single character to his needs and never let anyone act above him and if they did he had them killed.
>>
>>84391534
>Sounds like BvS Lex to me.
Have you suffered a stroke or hit your head recently?
>>
>>84391551
>he has hair so not muh
>>
File: 1458291451556.png (394 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1458291451556.png
394 KB, 600x800
Niggas can't even get this capekino
>>
>>84378787
Zack Snyder should be killed. The only director to ever live that is worse than him is Michael Bay.

No other men have done as much damage to cinema in general than these two cucks.
>>
>>84380313
I've heard Ghostbusters is projected to make like 1/4th of its budget
>>
>>84380325
Ayer's not Snyder, Jenkins isn't Synder.

I'm just worried about Justice League, and Wonder Woman facing major competition.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.