[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, are Animation Cells worth buying? Is there conditions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: cellbs.jpg (271 KB, 900x656) Image search: [Google]
cellbs.jpg
271 KB, 900x656
Be honest, are Animation Cells worth buying? Is there conditions I have to be suitable for to have them and keep them, like a room temperature or anything else? Are they even worth buying in general? How easy is it for, while it's mailing, to get fucked up?
>>
Each one is absolutely, positively, one hundred percent guaranteed to increase in value*.

*Not a guarentee.
>>
>are Animation Cells worth buying?
No collectible is ever worth buying.
>Is there conditions I have to be suitable for to have them and keep them
Without a perfectly climate controlled environment and acid-free storage materials it's going to be slowly deteriorating for as long as you own it.
>How easy is it for, while it's mailing, to get fucked up?
If the seller knows what they're doing they should be able to package it safely, but the post office can fuck up just about anything if they really try.

If you like it and can afford it easily then buy it, but don't expect it to go up in value.
>>
>>84378975
pretty sure the only cells that will go up in price are old as fuck drawings like from disney or mgm or something, not some cartoon
>>
For anything that's not from a huge company or producer or has some other factor that makes it unique/rare (like the cels for that 'American' Sailor Moon adaptation) it's not going to be worth more than maybe $15 each, and that's honestly stretching what people will pay for it.

They're worth buying if you like the cel, that's it. Not as an investment.
>>
>>84379176
>They're worth buying if you like the cel, that's it. Not as an investment.

Yep. If you like looking at them, go for it. I had my best ones framed with acid free mattes and museum glass.

I'd post some if they weren't all anime.
>>
what about spongebob cells?
>>
>>84378674
No.
>>
So... it's literally just decoration if you're a fan of animation? Say there's this show that I like and /co/ should know of if they aren't underage, it has hardly ANY merchandise... does this change the field of things?
>>
The only reason to buy an animation cell is for sentimental purposes / to show off to other nerds. If you are so into something that you'd like to have an actual piece of it, yes. But it's not an investment that you'll be able to cash in on in a few decades.
>>
>>84381777
>Say there's this show that I like and /co/ should know of if they aren't underage, it has hardly ANY merchandise... does this change the field of things?

Collector's markets are hard to gauge. During the recession you'd probably have been able to pick up a bunch of stuff a lot cheaper. But Now it's really how rare something is, and how much a collector wants to buy into the market. I looked up some similar cels to the ones I have in the sold item history on eBay, and for the most part it looks like I could sell them for the same amount, or maybe a little more than I bought them for about 14 years ago.

So not beating inflation, even if some of them are in excellent condition, are face-front-eyes-open, are relatively rare, and cost a few hundred dollars over a decade ago.

But I like them, so money well spent.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.