[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"“I had never played a character that legitimatel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
>"“I had never played a character that legitimately didn’t give a f—,” said Smith who plays the assassin Deadshot aka Floyd Lawton. “It’s very freeing not having to carry the moral spine of the movie.”

>Smith continued talking about collaborating with director David Ayer on the character saying, “I couldn’t find a model to understand what would make someone comfortable killing another person for money,” said Smith. “David walked me through that. He found a book for me (The Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas), and I worked through getting into the mind of serial killers. Once I accepted the [notion the author puts forth] that it feels good, that really exploded the idea in my mind of Deadshot.”

Something actually giving me hope. Anyone know that book? is it legit or "MOM'S GONNA" tier

http://lrmonline.com/news/will-smith-talks-playing-deadshot-in-david-ayers-suicide-squad
>>
>>84374602
>MOM'S GONNA
Literally kill yourself.
>>
Except we know for a fact that he's just playing typical silly snarky will smith action hero.
>>
>>84374602
>legitimately didn’t give a f—
That's not Lawton, though. He may be amoral in general but he certainly gives a fuck about things he cares about.
>>
...but Floyd Lawton is a white guy...
>>
>>84374602
...For some reason I had always thought that Smith was playing Deathstroke instead of Deadshot, and it's not until I read "Floyd Lawton" here that it dawned on me that I was wrong.
How much of an idiot am I, /co/?
>>
>>84374602
I think it's retarded that a human can't grasp the simple need for money over human life. Like you need to read a book to get that? Is he that detached from reality? He can't remember what being poor was like? Idk it might just be actors being drama bitches about their inspiration.
>>
>>84374763
Have you see how he's raised his kids?
>>
>>84374763
Some people just can't into edge, anon. This is not a bad thing.
>>
The marketing for this movie is so bipolar. Actors going on and on about how dark, psychotic and fucked-up their characters and the story are, while the trailers, posters and synopsis keep painting them as wayward anti-heroes in search of redemption.
>>
>>84374758
You may have gone full retard, but you found your way back, so there's hope.

He's fucked.
>>
>>84374763
Understanding the concept is not the same as getting into the head of someone like that, how they think and act
>>
>>84374672
This. He's far from heroic, but he actually gives a damn about people who might be considered his friends and he looks out for his team when he's in charge.
>>
>>84374791
It's not edge. When uou don't have basic things growing up you start to get a different mentality. Like fuck other people. It's not a positive thing, it's not edge. But to not understand it, like it's not a hard concept.
>>
>>84374815
I fully believe the stories about Leto are just bullshit or highly exaggerated.
>>
deadshot is kinda quippy

>>84374672
>>84374858

the facade he puts up is just as important
>>
>>84374888
Yes, they're gag pieces.
>>
>>84374815
Hey, person 23 or younger. Anti-heroes are typically supposed to be dark, psychotic, and fucked up : )
>>
>>84374823
It's right there though. It's not too deep. You value your needs over others. Your goal be it killing is a job to make an end meet.

In deadshots case there's some child parent motivation and team survival.
I would just think most hardened soldiers/mercs would fit this mentality irl. Idk it doesn't seem like a huge stretch as far as characters he's played before.
>>
>>84374815
>in search of redemption

Just Diablo and maybe Deadshot give that vibe to me.
>>
>>84374952
>Idk it doesn't seem like a huge stretch as far as characters he's played before.
Will Smith always plays a hero, Deadshot isn't a hero. This is probably literally the first memory Will Smith isn't playing a "good" person
>>
>>84375020

Rick Flagg has an amazing arc but the movie looks like he's just gonna be GI Joe
>>
Remember the last "edgy" PG-13 cape movie Will did? Hancock turned out to be sappy shit so don't believe the hype for how dark SS will be
>>
>>84374758
Well, it's like Yahtzee said in his Batman Arkham Origins review: "Including both Deathstroke and Deadshot, which is like inviting Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg to the same party and insisting they wear the same outfit."
>>
>>84374602
I get the feeling that Lawton is still going to give too many fucks, and not even want to die.
>>
>>84375049
Well he's the love interest of the main villain.

Death Flagg
>>
File: 1363179853710.png (241 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1363179853710.png
241 KB, 393x391
>>84375134
>>
>>84374645
We do?
>>
>>84375134
Do people really confuse Damon and Wahlberg that often? I never had such a problem.
>>
>>84375130
I always love when people give a completely unrelated example to make aome silly point. Lets forget that Hancock and SS have two completely different Directors , casts, Writers, etc. They are both movies having to do with Super powers, that have Will Smith! Totally the same guys!
>>
>>84374602
I fucking hate Will Smith.
>>
File: Matt Damon.jpg (37 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
Matt Damon.jpg
37 KB, 636x358
>>84375453
>>
>>84375348
Anyone who's been keeping up with this bullshit, yes.
>>
>>84374711
O always pictured him latino
>>
>>84375453
They've actually both said that they have an agreement to never correct their fans with this matter.
>>
>>84375453
Damon is the nice one and Wahlberg is the racist asshole that pretends to be the nice one.
>>
>>84375558
Because hawaiian shirts and mustaches are primarily a latino thing.
>>
File: VIETNAM.jpg (162 KB, 854x1281) Image search: [Google]
VIETNAM.jpg
162 KB, 854x1281
>>84375570
VIETNAM
>>
>>84375570
How is wahlberg a racist when he grew up as basically a nigger?
>>
>>84375570
Wahlberg is a pretty cool guy, though. Being a textbook jock is part of his charm.
>>
File: Original_Deadshot.jpg (110 KB, 705x1124) Image search: [Google]
Original_Deadshot.jpg
110 KB, 705x1124
>>84375558
Have you never seen his original look?
>>
>>84375597
Read up on his history on how he blinded an old Asian man for being an Asian man and gang assaulted a black man for being a black man? He even asked a judge to pardon him for those crimes. And when asked if he ever considered seeking out his victims and asking for forgiveness, he said no because he forgave himself.
>>
>>84375597
Poor, white, and Bostonian is a good way to grow up resenting other races.
>>
>>84375667
He did seek out the Vietnamese man, though. He forgave Wahlberg.

Also I remember reading somewhere he wasn't actually blinded thought Wahlberg did strike him in the eye, but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>84375667
Just read it. The asian guy had lost his eye before hand.

>>84375676
This. Also I know plenty of racist people who grow up in the hood and shit. It probably makes you more racist t b h
>>
>>84375652
He looks about ready to shoot Lincoln in the head.
>>
>>84375029
They're villains but they're the protagonist of the story. So he's still the "good guy" if he played joker in a batman movie or something then yes he would be a villain. I think there's a difference, he's playing sympathetic badass which is all he knew early in his movie career (not tv).
>>
>>84375558
It's the mustache isn't it
>>
>>84374672
>he certainly gives a fuck about things he cares about.
I know this is /co/ and than the average reading skills are Geoff Johns tier, he is saying he doesnt care about the life he takes.

You are like idiot that said damian isn't asian.
>>
>>84376175
There is a difference in a way, yeah...these characters are going the be the ones you root for

But the difference is they're still shitty people who have victimized innocent people, which is a role Will Smith has never been in
>>
>>84376388
>which is a role Will Smith has never been in
And he never will. He's sent to prison because he's making money off killing bad people to help his daughter. And it was his last job before batfleck got to him.
>>
>>84375489

I miss Fresh Prince
>>
>>84374624
>using "literally"
hypocrite
>>
>>84375478

Okay, let's go beyond Hancock

>implying will doesn't get tons of creative control in his movies, and that he doesn't have a family friendly image to maintain

>will rejected django unchained because it was too dark

>I Am Legend getting its ending changed to keep Will's character sympathetic

>Closest thing to a villain Will's ever played was that gay conman in that one Fresh Prince-era movie

There is zero way Suicide Squad is as edgy as they're selling it. Doesn't mean it can't be good, but they can't do shit with a PG-13 rating
>>
>>84374888
>yfw they're all fake but the tumblr rage remains
>his performance is decent, but the prior distain built up skyrockets it to "legitimately fucked up"
>Jared becomes the standard for how despicable Joker should be
>>
>>84374624
>he hates memes

What are you doing here?
>>
>>84374711
>...but Ra's Al Ghul is an asian guy...
>...but Bane is a latino guy...
>>
>>84375716
Incorrect. He never talked to the asian men. One of the two asian victims just said recently "Oh shit that was a famous actor? Yeah, I forgive him."

But it's not like Marky Mark sought him out and said he was sorry face to face.

The other asian victim hasn't said anything, and his black victim basically said "fuck that racist I don't forgive shit."
>>
>>84374624
Literally freak
>>
>>84377390
*big guy 4u
>>
>>84374763
You have to realize this is coming from the perspective of a man who's been in Hollywood for the last few years. He doesn't understand the need for money, because he doesn't need money.
>>
>>84375509
This never fails to make me laugh. I love this image so much.
>>
>>84377390
I thought Ra's was an Arab? Also I complained about both those things too. Just keep the character the race that he is. Is that really so difficult?
>>
>>84375558
Yeah, I figured if they wanted to racebend him, that was the way to go.
>>
>>84374888
Who even gets upset about receiving unfired bullets tho?
Thats a pretty neat thing, at least it is here where i have actually never seen a bullet in the country.
>>
>>84378016
>Go to McDonald's drivethru
>Order a Big Mac
>Leave before receiving order
I'M SERIOUSLY MESSED UP
>>
>>84375652
>muh hat
>pls stahp
Dafuq is dis??
>>
>>84375652
#BringbackoldDeadshot
>>
>>84374763
There are so many ways books help people catch up in their life experiences. I'm glad will Smith still cares about being a good movie star. His last couple projects were awful.
>>
>>84378052
Isnt even funny anymore
I want it to be but the charms just gone
>>
>>84377819
I honestly haven't heard his origin in any book or show in years but I think I remember him being Chinese or something originally before him moving to the middle east.
>>
File: mascu.gif (246 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
mascu.gif
246 KB, 320x240
>>84377819
>Also I complained about both those things too
>>
>>84378195
For You.
>>
>>84378052
You're doing it wrong.

>Go to McDonald's drivethru
>Order a Whopper
>Argue with the order taker if you can get a chalupa before leaving in a huff

CRAY-CRAY.
>>
>>84377356
Kys summer cuck
>>
>>84378163
>I'm glad will Smith still cares about being a good movie star.
Indeed
>>
>>84377131
>>will rejected django unchained because it was too dark

he didn't do django because he didn't get to kill leo's character.

>I Am Legend getting its ending changed to keep Will's character sympathetic

the studio and focus studies chose that, not him.
>>
File: 1466362916568.jpg (428 KB, 1819x1500) Image search: [Google]
1466362916568.jpg
428 KB, 1819x1500
>>84378264
Source?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.