[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should toy based cartoons come back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 80s-toys-01-copy.jpg (296 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
80s-toys-01-copy.jpg
296 KB, 1024x768
The 80's style ones that were clearly not meant to have much of a plot but just be a vehicle to sell toys. Should we try doing that again?

And not just Legos, but robot dinosaurs and wizards with cyber parts and come with green slime, that kind of stuff.
>>
Yes they should, but they are being phased out by social media and electronics.
Most action shows on CN were canned because not enough toys were sold. While comedy shows keep raking in the ratings, merch and fans.
>ThunderCats
>Symbionic Titan
>Generator Rex
>More
>>
>>84365414
>>84365510
Does the ACT still exists?
>>
>>84365510
Thundercats tried pretty hard, but the show was kind of bad and never came on in the right timeslot to get enough kids attention.

And I don't remember ever seeing Symbionic Titan or Generator Rex toys.

It looks like Ninja turtles is the biggest game in town trying to sell tie ins.
>>
File: qK1rb5wor.gif (760 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
qK1rb5wor.gif
760 KB, 245x175
>>84365414
>What is Ninjago
>What is Lego Star Wars
>What is TMNT
>what is Ultimate Spider-Man
>what is Frozen
>What is Descendents
>What is MLP
>What is Pokemon
>What is Littlest Petshop

Jesus fucking christ anon is this thread nothing but "Waaaah why won't they make the same toys I loved thirty years ago?"
>>
>>84365414
>>84365865

Adventure Time, Ben 10, Every fucking Marvel movie and everything with Star Wars on it...

this fucker just has not watched tv since 1988
>>
>>84365414
they never went anywhere. the problem is the quality of toys went in the shitter, even though their potential is higher than ever. compare the incredibly polished turds of transformers 'Animated' and the first three movie toylines, the way they took impossible character models and made fantastic toys out of them. then look at the 4th movie toyline and everything from then on. toymakers are fucking retards now and they're killing action animation
>>
I thought laws were passed after Captain Planet that prevented this kind of thing. Shows that were nothing more than presentation of a toy line.

Ever since they walk on thin ice when making a tmnt type of show
>>
>>84366187
I mean Captain Power
>>
Transformers has had a show on the air basically since it's inception to the modern day

TMNT has big breaks, but always seems to remain relevant somehow

The rest just fell to the wayside

And of course, colored ponies
>>
>>84365865
I think he means original series rather than the 15995th reboot of a Spider-Man cartoon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.