[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good? What did you think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-Blackholecover.jpg (27 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
250px-Blackholecover.jpg
27 KB, 250x350
Is this any good? What did you think of it?
>>
One of the first graphic novels I bought. I don't remember much from it but I remember thinking it was good.
>>
>>84351045

Probably my favorite Charles Burns. Hella good. This and Persepolis got my wife started down the path to general comic fandom.
>>
>>84351045
Awesome.
The kind of comic you want to read after midnight.
>>
His story telling through images sets a rely great grungey tone. His writing is week. The ending is very week. But the tone and art alone are enough for you to pick up the book.

Also "grugey" is probably not a great word to describe it but the comics did remind me of tone found in Kurt colbainds music. The tow artists are both from Seattle so that might explain it.
>>
>>84351045
One of my favorite comics. People say the writing is weak but I think it's because there's not really any plot. People don't realize it was originally a series and not a "graphic novel", so it's obvious that he was making it up as he went along.
>>
>>84351992
>illiterate guy criticizing other people's writing

week
>>
>>84352131
Spelling =/= writing

But your right, I'm saying I am good at either. But the ending was bad compared to the beginning, his writing was week in my opinion.
>>
>>84352128
/co/ is used to reading throwaway capeshit, if it isn't immediately gratifying it's not worth it
>>
>>84352301
> All moody angsty indy comics are great, every.single.one. if you don't love Black Hole- it is clearly fault of capeshit. Reading Marvel and DC causes brain damage!
>THERE IS NO OTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATION.

Indyclub apologetics and weird audience blaming aside. The Climax is weak and the ending falls apart.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (12 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
12 KB, 273x184
>>84352483
at least the art isn't trash
>>
I thought it was great.

But I like indie hipster shit especially if it's about drugs, dysfunctional teens, and weird STDs.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.