[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your Most Hated Book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images (1).jpg (12 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12 KB, 186x271
Lets play a game.

Pick a book series or character you really hate,then name a creative team that would make you read it.

For me: Teen Titans, hasnt been good since they were ripping off Xmen in the Bronze Age and dull at best now.

If they got Greg Weisman, Judd Lynn, Urobutcher, George RR Martin, Grant Morrison, Scioli,or Kobayashi to write it I would have to check it out.

Artwise, Abbadon, Frank Quietly, James Stokoe, Bryan Hitch,Esad Ribic
>>
>>84347401
the titans were killed by Johns desu.
He used the book as a showcase for his headcanon and nothing more
>>
People didn't like John's run? I know post-crisis was bad, but everything before it was solid
>>
File: Harper.Row.full.1865893.jpg (81 KB, 600x835) Image search: [Google]
Harper.Row.full.1865893.jpg
81 KB, 600x835
>Harper Row
>Morrison and Fabok
I'd post MARRY ME GODDESS in every thread.
>>
>>84347485
>People didn't like John's run?

It was the worst Johns had done prior his JL
>>
>>84347401
Isn't Urobutcher just a director?
>>
>>84347497
What was wrong with it?
>>
>>84347513
Decompressed storytelling to the point where nothing happened in some issues; draining all the fun from Young Justice.
>>
>>84347513
He started the character assassination of the Young Justice cast and the writers that followed him made it worst.
>>
>>84347510
No . In fact he works mainly as a director.
>>
Squirrel Girl. I love the character, but the art isn't BAD but it doesn't do much for me and the writing is just 100% pure undiluted Ryan North. Which I like, but man, he's only got one writing style and it doesn't fit Squirrel Girl.
I'd like to see what Christopher Hastings could do on her. And maybe, I dunno, Sandoval on art? Someone who can do the kind of weird look that fits the character, but, you know, isn't Henderson.
>>
*writ>>84347707
er
>>
>>84347401
Batman. He's never been a favorite of mine, and there's so much material, I'm more likely to go back and read something old than check out something new if I ever got the itch. I'm not even saying it's currently or has been bad; I wouldn't know, I don't read it.

Any artists or writers I mention have probably already worked on Batman in some way so that doesn't help.
>>
>>84347543
>>84347640
Ah, I read it in trade and haven't read Young Justice. I really enjoyed the run up until the end of Infinite Crisis.
>>
>>84347401
All the Xmen titles have been a fuckong disasters and it keeps getting worst
>>
>>84347932

Manapul and Dick Grayson are what attracted me to Batman and now I think I've read more Bat issues in some form or other than any other character, and he's not even my favorite superhero.
>>
>>84347401
>Pick a book series or character you really hate,

Oh that's easy, Avengers Arena. No question.

>then name a creative team that would make you read it.

Oh, that's hard.

Hrm. . . I think Tom King could do it. Christos Gage too, but both would produce very different books.

Both of which would be leagues better than that Hopeless drek.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.