[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been reading DC stuf and could /co/ help straight out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I've been reading DC stuf and could /co/ help straight out for me what each organization is in the universe and the differences in them?

A.R.G.U.S.
Cadmus
Star Labs
Checkmate
Spiral
S.H.A.D.E
D.E.O.

Like which are government or private and what to they do? Are they on the same side or what?
>>
>>84346161
A.R.GU.S. appeared in New 52 for first time, led by Steve Trevor and Amanda Waller, created to help Justice League. You know, help people after battle and clean up stuff. Booster Gold will work for them in the future.
Cadmus is organization of scientists, tied to Superman mythos. They're really into genetic and cloning stuff. They created Superboy after Superman was killed by Doomsday.
S.T.A.R. Labs also showed up a lot in Superman, they're tied to some of his enemies, like Atomic Skull and that Professor Ruin guy.
Checkmate is created to PROTECT THE AMERICA, eventually, they went to PROTECT THE WORLD. Shady as fuck, Max Lord eventually gained control of OMAC and tried to kill metahumans.
Spyral is Morrison's OC organization of spies.
S.H.A.D.E. is using crazy science and paranormal stuff to protect the world. Frankenstein is their main operative.
D.E.O. is (also) monitoring people with powers and gets to train some of them. Their main guy used to be Bones, ex-superhero. They were there just because of J.H. Williams III needing spy organization for his OC. That's why they show up in New 52 Batwoman, anyway.
>>
>>84346404
>A.R.GU.S. appeared in New 52 for first time
What? So that Argus guy in Waid's Flash had nothing to do with A.R.G.U.S? I totally misread his story in Flash.
What's the difference between Cadmus and STAR? What I've read tends to paint Cadmus as more on the villain side but you said STAR was more associated with villains.
>>
>>84346448
Yeah. A.R.G.U.S. is brand new. I think there were plans for ongoing with Steve Trevor, Killer Frost and such, or it was only pipe dream.
Cadmus is genetics, that's always shady. They cloned Guardian (that guy in blue costume with golden shield), Superboy and DNAlien. I'm not much of Superfag so there may be some gaps.
STAR is focused more on technology, they repair Cyborg and stuff. Firestorm is tied to them, just like Parasite. My thinking is that STAR Labs is go-to organization when you need origin for character, Cadmus is where you go when you need cloning.
>>
>>84346404
Good post.
>>
>>84346501
Alright thanks. Are there any other prominent organizations in DC?
>>
>>84346554
Not that big, but important/famous/popular ones are:
Project Atom, created Captain Atom
Project M, created Creature Commandos
Global Peace Agency, created OMAC
>>
>>84346664
I think the creature commandos are s.h.a.d.e now
>>
>>84346678
They are? Well, silly me. I didn't read much of New 52 Frankenstein.
>>
>>84346664
Stormwatch?
>>
>>84346686
i read a few volumes it started off good then got to epic
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.