[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why there aren't more books like Matt Fraction's Hawkeye?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Why there aren't more books like Matt Fraction's Hawkeye?
>>
>>84335108
In what way?
>>
Don't you mean David Aja's Hawkeye?
>>
>>84335143
Considering he didn't even draw the whole thing, no.
>>
>>84335108
>Why there aren't more books like Matt Fraction's Hawkeye?
Books that don't have a comprehensive narrative, don't ship on time, and are devoid of long-term planning?
>>
>>84335108
>it's another "Pizza Dog" fanservice episode

kill yourself my man. That blog about how revolutionary and expressive the dog issue was is old news.
>>
Hawkeye is the closest Marvel gets to auteur work. The reason no other books like it exist is no one other than Fraction and Aja could make it.
>>
>>84335108
Because 99.998% of the writers are idiots.
>>
>>84335256
> auteur
> a creative collaboration with fill in art
No
>>
>>84335338
>the closest Marvel gets to
idiot
>>
>>84335381
The closest thing Marvel gets to auteur work is when someone writes and draws the comic. We saw two examples of genuine comic auteur work Secret Wars with James Stokoe and Michel Fiffe

A writer and artist collaborating is nothing special at Marvel
>>
>>84335108
Because it was a weird turn of luck and good storytelling planning by the whole team, who also were good artist by themselves and worked alright together. It's a pity it got delayed in the last part.
>>
>>84335108
Because it took too long to actually get out the door.
>>
>>84335108
Because writing is hard - inventing scenarios that hasn't been seen a million times before is hard.
>>
>>84335200
Weird. I just had a serious nostalgia moment for Image Comics.
>>
>>84335186
>Considering he didn't even draw the whole thing, no.

Actually, he only draw the good parts AKA everything but the Kate sidestory
>>
>>84335327
>Because 99.998% of the writers are idiots.
Because all the smart writers are not working form Marvel or DC
>>
>>84335200
>Books that don't have a comprehensive narrative, don't ship on time, and are devoid of long-term planning?

Thor by JMS!
>>
Because God is merciful.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.