[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do we actually know so far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: iron.jpg (164 KB, 814x1236) Image search: [Google]
iron.jpg
164 KB, 814x1236
So, are we at least allowed to talk about this sudden iron man change here if we DON'T invite /pol/, or is this just mass-removal of anything related to the upcoming comic?

What all do we know about this Riri Williams?

We know she's a young genius and built her own iron man suit, and that she'll be taking over for stark in the new avengers.

What's stark doing during all of this? Where does she get stuff for her suit? is she going to somehow take over his fortunes or have her own means?

How does rhodes feel about all this specifically?

How would bystanders, other heroes, or the rest of the new avengers feel about all these actual kids being so careless with their lives and weapons of mass destruction?

Let's think for a minute (and yes, this is a stretch), that perhaps this will be less of a thinly veiled attempt at inclusivity at the expense of previous characters than female thor, and will actually stand up as her own character, despite the odd keeping of the iron man name.
>>
>>84317342
>How does rhodes feel about all this specifically?
He's feeling pretty dead I'm guessing.
>>
Whatever conversation you try to bring up, just know that Bendis barely did any thinking about this.
>>
no one cares about Iron Man comics, especially Iron Man comics written by Bendis
>>
Really I give no shits until someone other than Bendis is writing her.
>>
>>84317342
Any more art of her btw?
>>
>>84317379
oh? what happened?

>>84317385
Apparently he came up with it in a bar during the whole chicago thing, right?

>>84317399
so how most folks i see treat miles (might be interesting, let's let him actually get some character first)?
>>
File: capt-iron-r63.439-3401-1-PB.jpg (30 KB, 233x445) Image search: [Google]
capt-iron-r63.439-3401-1-PB.jpg
30 KB, 233x445
>>84317342
Stop making this thread.
>>
It's Bendis.
You're only going to get 1 or 2 arcs done before EVENT crossover. So one arc for her to beat a well known villain, another to stretched some benigned plot, and that's it.
>>
File: 1408148418163.Black_Power_Girl.jpg (634 KB, 580x892) Image search: [Google]
1408148418163.Black_Power_Girl.jpg
634 KB, 580x892
>>84317342
DC did it first.
>>
>>84317459
Thanos shot him in the chest like two months ago man. Where have you been? How can you know about this new girl without knowing basic events that happened in Marvel's biggest book?
>>
>>84317459
Civial war two 1st or #0 issue, Iron man?Rhodes apperantly had Thanos killing missiles.

He misfired and shot she-hulk, both ended up dying.
>>
>>84317459
>oh? what happened?
cw2 happened
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png?fb.jpg (57 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png?fb.jpg
57 KB, 480x270
>>84317483
>dat amazonian height
Wew lawd.
>>
>>84317454
cursory googling has a small clip from the comic of her being told to put her hands up by police, and the occasional shot of her face.

>>84317489
moving to a new house across the state, mostly.

>>84317519
>>84317544
that sounds terrible. so they're just dead until whatever reboot or clone shenanigans brings them back?
>>
>>84317399
Basically.

I can't even count how many good black legacy characters there have been, I'm all for it. Only casuals who don't understand the concept of legacies and only pay attention to comics when faux controversies like this pop up would have an issue here. Literally nothing wrong with the idea.

But we know Benis will make her about as bland as Miles.

Actually my only problem is it's a donut steel instead of someone who's earned the role over time but Iron Man hasn't exactly had a large supporting cast over the years.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.