[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, this was the best version of the joker ive seen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: the batman joker.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
the batman joker.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Batman the animated series/justice league Joker was not insane to me. He was greedy, but very much sane.

The dark Knight's Joker had this 'mad philosopher' kind of deal, very enjoyable. But still sane I think.

'The Batman's joker? Now that is an insane joker! Best Joker.
>>
well mom's gonna freak but suicide squad joker is my favorite joker
>>
>>84290181
>That time he got his own sidekick then subsequently left him for dead near a volatile contraption they built
This Joker was fucking brutal for a kid's show. Like, yeah TAS Joker boiled a lackey alive, but he was pissed off for understandable reasons. TDK Joker killed his hired guns one by one, but that was to keep any of them from squealing or taking the loot.
>>
>>84290181
I can see where you're coming from. The joker does come across as a little more put together than everyone says he is in many of his adaptations. Sure, he does some missed up stuff here and there, and would do something really crazy every so often. The Batman was good at showing that he was constantly unhinged, and indeed a force to be reckoned with.
>>
File: TheLaughingBat.jpg (19 KB, 480x355) Image search: [Google]
TheLaughingBat.jpg
19 KB, 480x355
>>84290181
He was my favorite, too. He took the "crazy" and the "goofy" aspects, and cranked them up to 12. He didn't do it for the money, he didn't do it for revenge, he did for shits and gigs, with maybe SOMETIMES a little money on the side.

Oh, and Kevin Michael Richardson was great. Using that goofy, high-pitched, but still oddly guttural voice made him funny and affable, especially as he was pretending to be Batman.

Not as good as Hamill Joker, but a close second.
>>
>>84290181
While not the best incarnation, there is a bit to love about this Joker. Also not going to lie, I laughed at the perma-clown joke
>>
>>84290181
Btas is still the best, yeah he's overrated as fuck but doesn't make it not true
>>
File: baned_thebat.jpg (36 KB, 479x359) Image search: [Google]
baned_thebat.jpg
36 KB, 479x359
>>84291074
the laughing bat was probably one of the best joker episodes.

I think honestly, they tried too hard to make him more like a traditional Joker what with the suit and all since people complained. But they should have stuck with the straight jacket look.

also,

>tfw The Batman predicted Arkham Asylum Joker
>and did it better
>>
>>84291796
>predicted
Feels more like inspiration
>>
File: 56576565556.png (111 KB, 264x261) Image search: [Google]
56576565556.png
111 KB, 264x261
>>84290181
>Implying Batman Beyond Joker wasn't the best one
>>
>>84291913
he was good, but he's entirely a one-off Joker. And he's basically just Timmiverse Joker, only meaner and darker. He's actually not much different from how they later did him in Justice League
>>
>>84290181
>Honestly, this was the best version of the joker ive seen.
b8
>>
>>84290181
He's also the worst looking animated joker.
>>
>>84290181
I was always fond of the gimmick his hair was. It's a Jester's cap, and i appreciated that.
>>
File: vampirejoker.jpg (38 KB, 322x259) Image search: [Google]
vampirejoker.jpg
38 KB, 322x259
This movie was too good for this world.
>>
>>84291796
He had the suit in his second appearance. That's too fast for it to be changed because of complaints.
>>
To be honest, this Joker did some really fucked up stuff
>Wanted to trap everyone involved in his arrest in horrific playing cards, then drown them in Gotham Bay
>Turned a Detective's mind and body into literal mush
>Attempted to collapse Gotham in a giant sinkhole
>>
>>84291796
I loved that straight jacket. It was a very unique way of dress, yet still fit with the whole "clown" theme.

And him using his feet as extra hands and using monkey-style kung-fu was also a nice change.

He could actually pose a physical threat to Batman in terms of combat skills along with his gimmicks, instead of JUST having his gimmicks like all other Jokers.

Well, shit. I guess it's time to rewatch this whole series, as I haven't watched it in years.
>>
Mister Freeze
>Good- decent design
>Bad- No Nora
>>
>>84290181
Ok, real talk: should Joker actually be insane? I understand the "he's crazy, he can do ANYTHING" argument for why that would make a good villain, but that also greatly lowers stakes, an insane man literally doesn't understand or have the motivations a well developed character should. Even Napier revenge fantasies make more coherent sense than "I'm a comedian that fell in acid", because Napier was already unhinged and the acid and batman gave him a gimmick to run with. '89 and BTAS Joker have the Napier story but have a joker that really works.

Ideally, the best joker is a guy that chooses to be Joker, ala Dark Knight
>>
File: mr_freeze BATB Roast.jpg (47 KB, 1290x590) Image search: [Google]
mr_freeze BATB Roast.jpg
47 KB, 1290x590
>>84292343
>>Bad- No Nora

How is that bad? And why must Mr Freeze always be brought up in TB threads?
>>
Brave and the Bold featured a fantastic Joker, Jack Bennett was great being with a classy, reserved Red Hood and a classy crazy Joker.
>>
>>84292391
there really isnt one joker, there's Crook joker, smart joker, and silly joker.
Crook joker is just in it for the money, he's like penguin but with a clown theme because he likes it.
Goofy joker is like The Batman joker, it just him having fun for his own laughs, and occasioanlly robbing a bank in a humerous way to fund it all
and smart joker (the smart here reflects the joker himself, not the intelligence of the writer) is like The dark knight, a mad philosopher and an artist with a message.
I find this really interesting, because from what i can tell there really isnt another character who has developed so many radically different interpretations and all are more or less accepted as the character,
>>
>>84292444
He was one of the few things the show did objectively worse that TAS.
>>
>>84292444
they took a really deep and beloved character from the animated series and made him some guy who makes ice puns.
and it wasnt even as hilariously dumb as the movie Freeze.
its just a pretty good example of a not so good redesign from the show.
>>
Almost everything sbout this show was so unappealing and uninspired after TAS and Alan Burnett and Bruce Timm. This just felt like it was made to appeal to actual kids, there wasn't much going on under the surface. Also the godawful music.
>>
>>84292456
It's Jeff Bennett, and he may be my favorite Joker.
>>
>>84292006
>worst looking

explain
>>
>>84292521
Well it's not like they were adapting directly from BTAS. They have their ways of doing characters like how there's two clayfaces or that Harley Quinn was just a talkshow "doctor".
>>
>>84292587
Animation was pretty good.
>>
>>84292158
>inb4 Alucard
>>
>>84292296
Straight jacket and monkey-fu was made me love this Joker. He wasn't just punches and guns, he was agile enough to be interesting in hand to hand combat while also having a set of dangerous cards up his sleeve.

I just think it's unfair to compare HamilJoker to him as they're both in different settings with different looks and skills.
>>
>>84292158
What movie?
>>
>>84292824
The Batman vs. Dracula
>>
File: best joker.png (624 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
best joker.png
624 KB, 1280x720
i think we are all forgeting who the best joker REALLY is
>>
>>84290181
He was one of the best things about the show easily. Whether he is best is up for debate as I still think the Arkham Asylum games nailed the Joker better but he is definitely one of the best adaptations.

A lot of the villians were the best they've been in that show. That show's penguin is still the best penguin. It also had 10/10 killer croc and firefly.
>>
>>84292512
>>84292521
>things aren't allowed to be different
>>
>>84292521
>they took a really deep and beloved character from the animated series
This is going to blow your mind, but Freeze existed before BTAS, and Nora was nowhere in sight.
>>
>>84293472
Its not just that it was different. In TAS, he was a somewhat sympathetic character. In TB, Freeze is your typical bank robber + some ice powers. In terms of overall characterization, TAS just did him better.
>>
>>84293539
But I really like the episode Artifacts with him.
>>
>>84292587
Alan Burnett produced season four, which would explain why it was the best.

The fifth season was too fucked over by the focus testing that also fucked over LoSH.
>>
>>84293591
Don't get me wrong, I still like Freeze in TB, I just think TAS did his character better.
>>
>>84293539
I mean yeah, we all love TAS freeze but keep in mind didn't they make that all up for the show? It was a pretty recent development iirc. The Batman freeze, although he wasnt all that good, at least didn't just try and copy TAS. Risks and changes don't always work out, and thats ok.
>>
>>84293660
>>84293660
Despite being a sausagefest season 2 of LoSH was still pretty good
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.