[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Jem movie bombs >Discovery Family immediately pulls the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: char_6191.jpg (11 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_6191.jpg
11 KB, 210x240
>Jem movie bombs
>Discovery Family immediately pulls the old show off the air

Are they retarded?
>>
File: JEM_01_p22-bio-jem-final.jpg (311 KB, 1216x1800) Image search: [Google]
JEM_01_p22-bio-jem-final.jpg
311 KB, 1216x1800
>>84271528
At least we still have the comic?
>>
>>84271528
It's actually sad how delusional and egotistical filmmakers are, and can't even recognize or acknowledge their own failures.
>>
>>84272563
It doesn't even make sense...

>People hate the movie cause it's not like the cartoon
>WELL I GUESS PEOPLE HATE JEM, TAKE IT OFF THE AIR
>>
>>84271528
It was done as punishment.
>>
>>84275109
No, people hated the movie because it had no redeeming qualities.
Let's be real. A faithful Jem adaptation would've bombed too.
>>
>>84275264
>Let's be real. A faithful Jem adaptation would've bombed too.

Eh, nah...I mean yeah, it would've, but it wouldn't have to, there's potential there in A. nostalgia market, and B. feminist market....with proper hype building and promotion I can see a Jem movie easily doing well, the comic is doing pretty damn well and who would have expected that?

The movie was very strange though...it was basically a pricey Disney Channel Original and didn't get any promotion to who might have actually enjoyed it, being little girls, the only people who KNEW about this movie were older nerds and this movie did everything it did to piss off older nerds

I don't think I saw a SINGLE commercial for the movie, not even on the fucking channel Hasbro partially owns
>>
>>84275380
>I don't think I saw a SINGLE commercial for the movie, not even on the fucking channel Hasbro partially owns

The only reason that I knew that there was a movie at all was because someone posted something about it on /co/.

I haven't seen the movie yet and based on the trailer I saw, I really don't have any desire to do so. I used to watch the cartoon when I was younger.
>>
This is an outrage.
>>
File: kesha-600x450.jpg (95 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
kesha-600x450.jpg
95 KB, 600x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IFFiU5GFnY
Ke$ha can't act for shit but I'll be damned if she doesn't make a fitting Pizzazz....

Too bad they saved the only Misfits action to set up a sequel that will now never be made
>>
>>84276936
Shit. Can't we just get a Misfits movie? I don't even care if Jem's in it.
>>
>>84272421
>>84271528
It would have been better if they pulled the comic but left the cartoon to air.
>>
>>84272421
Speaking of the comic, anyone know where i can find some zips of it? I've heard mostly good things about it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.