[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman V Superman Video: How Many People Does the Dark Knight Kill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkQS7q6sT0
>>
>>84255164
I think thats more kills than Burton Bats, Schumacher Bats and Nolan Bats.
>>
>>84255242
>Nolan Bats
He's only killed Two-Face
>>
>>84255164
So what was that dream scene?
>>
>>84255274
And Raas.

"I don't have to save you" I mea come on.
>>
The dream scene shouldn't count really, since that was only a vision of a potential future where the world has ended.
>>
>>84255274
he also killed Talia and her driver in TKDR
>>
>>84255319
Keep watching.
>>
>>84255164
Crashing cars shouldn't count, since they could just be horribly crippled and brain damaged, not technically dead. And the grenade has the bad guy dying because he's an idiot who goes after it, his body might also shield the other guy from some of the damage of the blast, meaning he might survive it.
>>
>>84255164
And if you DO count the knightmare scene, it's 32. Why it doesn't count is beyond me, because we see Batman killing people, even if it hasn't happened yet.

Why did they make Batman kill in this movie? I mean, really, what purpose does it serve? Literally everything else about Batman would've been forgivable if he didn't kill people. Hell, it's like Batman wasn't even going around to save innocent people rather than target criminals and murder them instead.
>>
>>84255274
And the League of Shadows
>>
>>84255556
Yeah, but a car accident like that with explosions from weapons like that? Nah-ah, they're dead. Most people who get shot with missiles while driving do. And when a car lands on top of your car with that much force? You'd die.

I'm pretty sure they should count.
>>
>>84255164
>Batman using guns
I'm glad I didn't watch this movie
>>
So, if Batman wanted to kill Superman, why make a spear after the K-spray? Why not just make bullets and shoot him in the head while he was weak? The more I think about this movie the more I realize that Synder is a fucking hack at making capes grounded and realistic.
>>
>>84255919
You really should be. Not only was the writing dreadful and everything reeks of bad decisions, but the film is terribly edited, Superman barely speaks, and Batman (the only entertaining character done somewhat right) is then ruined when he starts to brutally slaughter people. The sad thing is he was an incredible Batman other than his killing spree.
>>
>>84255919
But he used guns in Dark Knight Returns
>>
>>84255835
>Why did they make Batman kill in this movie?

Because it's silly to pretend that nobody ever dies when Batman beats the living shit out of you or when he crashes your car in high speed chase. Like, wtf do you expect to happen if he's being shot at with rocket launchers and gatling gun? Do nothing? Just wave behind impenetrable safety window and wait for everybody to run out of bullets?
>>
>>84256011
Rubber bullets.
honest
>>
Love killer insane Batman

Just wish it was more ingrained in the actual script. No one from Bruce to Alfred to Supes to even the newscasters acknowledge it!

A whole report on the Bat brand, but what about the BAT OF FUCKING MURDER!

Its painfully obvious Snyder only introduced the lethal element as he went to choreograph the action scenes.
>>
>>84256011
Did he?
>>
>>84256241

The point i guess was that the people didn't care, which is something that bothered the fuck out of Clark.
>>
>>84256309
Yes but only with rubber bullets
>>
>>84256322
I disagree. Its not in the script at all. Alfred even throws the newspaper at Bruce out of disgust when he says "New rules?" "We've always been criminals, Alfred". Really? He's disturbed by branding and confronts him over that...instead of say...MURDER?

And on to Supes, in that 1st confrontation, he simply does not notice the burning husks of dead bodies and crashed cars when he shows mercy to Batman? The severed face of that one guy still spinning on the Batmobile's front wheel? He lets him off with a free pass for that shit??????

Its not in the script period.
>>
>>84256357
it's what i figured. Since I remember him leading a group of young guys and breaking a gun in half saying that "this is the weapon of the enemy"

>tfw Bat is a member of the nation of Islam
>>
>>84255164
>that guy he brains with the box

Jeez
>>
yeah but batman killing in this film serves a distinct purpose, it's meant to show he's lost his way. his tactics changed, and he's lost faith that he can do anything to genuinely change the world the way he sees it in the light of the superman incident and his rage in response to that incident.

His decision to not brand lex at the end of the film, his words about his failure to clark are both meant to show he's done with the killing thing by the end. justice league bats will likely not kill, it's likely his opinion on keeping a life rather than taking it will be a part of his new outlook from here on out.
>>
>>84255556
And it was obvious he was trying to kill them so all in all it counts
>>
>>84255835
>Why did they make Batman kill in this movie? I mean, really, what purpose does it serve? Literally everything else about Batman would've been forgivable if he didn't kill people. Hell, it's like Batman wasn't even going around to save innocent people rather than target criminals and murder them instead.

To be fair, that was the point. It's that he feels so powerless to make real change after seeing Superman and Zod going at it so he's become angrier and crueller.

Now, if you were to ask if it was executed well, that's an entirely different question.
>>
>>84255919
Technically the only time he used guns was during the car chase with the mounted guns on the batmobile. Dreams and tracer round dont count
>>
I don't like these videos, most of the time they count stupid shit

Like the other Batman video that counts all the kills... they counted Adam West Batman "killing" henchmen, but it was completely accidental and not his fault at all.
>>
>>84256479
My problem isn't that Batman kills in this movie. Its that it is glorified.

It makes sense in the Knightmare where the world is supposed to be backwards and ugly; where Superman rules and Batman kills. But instead all the violence done by Bats and Supes in the film is framed to be a good thing.

I would love it if JL has both of them accept the new outlook that you mentioned but I won't keep my hopes up
>>
File: Fra_Angelico_027.jpg (497 KB, 2536x2538) Image search: [Google]
Fra_Angelico_027.jpg
497 KB, 2536x2538
>>84255978
Because the kyptonite spear isn't a kyptonite spear...

IT'S A LANCE
>>
>>84256679
>But instead all the violence done by Bats and Supes in the film is framed to be a good thing.

Is it? Superman intervening in Africa ends up with him being framed for a massacre and it's constantly mentioned how Batman is becoming too brutal and sadistic in doling out punishment.

Hell, the entire reason Batman and Superman fight is because Bats is too angry to believe Superman can be reasoned with.
>>
I loved this scene because it reminded me of the Arkham fight scenes.
>>
>>84256695
Tomato tofuckoffto it's a pointy kill stick
Your not impressing anybody by pointing out the most obvious fucking metaphors anybody had made since superman was thought up.
>>
>>84256241
People bearing the bat brand were killed in jail... For some reason... So branding them is pretty much just ordering their execution.
>>
>>84256180
>>84256309
>>84256357
>>84256383
Rubber bullets is only for the Batmobile scene, he also uses them during the Two-Face confrontation and to save that kid from the Mutants
>>
>>84255978
>Why didn't Wonder Woman use the kryptonite spear against Doomsday?
>Why didn't Superman chuck the spear at Doomsday instead of flying at him?
>Why didn't Superman just wedge the spear on the ground and did a sick powerbomb into it?
>>
>>84256796
in the ultimate cut wasn't it mentioned that lex payed for the jail kills?
>>
>>84256679
>But instead all the violence done by Bats and Supes in the film is framed to be a good thing.
No it's not. The entire reason Clark starts investigating Batman is because of how violent Batman is. The entire reason Bruce has a problem with Superman is because he's an unchecked power.
>>
>>84256835
Huh, I haven't found the time to watch it yet, but I guess that answers that. It still leaves the question of why Batman kept branding if he knew he was getting people killed over it. Oh yeah, he's a murderer.
>>
>>84256871
I haven't watch it yet too
in that movie he didn't care, and that bugs me
I mean ok I understand the reason for the killing and why he lost his "mind"
but fuck I liked batman not killing and trying to make it right
I can't and will not understand that

I had high hopes for this movie
>>
>>84256871
But he stops with the brandings once people start being killed.
>>
>>84256796
I never understood that part of the movie. Criminals hate batman. Why are they so willing to do his dirty work for him?
>>
>>84256968
see
>>84256835
>>
>>84256968
Because Lex was paying them off, it had nothing to do with Batman's opinion
>>
File: DC Universe Online.webm (2 MB, 848x464) Image search: [Google]
DC Universe Online.webm
2 MB, 848x464
>>84255978
Like everything else from the movie, the idea "borrowed" from someone else. Some scam artists might call this practice: "paying tribute".
>>
File: They Found Your JLXXX Folder.jpg (1 MB, 1988x1116) Image search: [Google]
They Found Your JLXXX Folder.jpg
1 MB, 1988x1116
>>84256834
>Supes tosses Wondy the spear, she tosses him her lasso
>Supes, Do you know how to use that thing?
>Wondy, I am a warrior born, trained in combat for as long as I can remember. Do You know how to use a lasso?
>Supes loops the end around Doomsy's neck
>I grew up on a farm, Pa taught me to rope cattle when I was 8 and wanted to be a cowboy
>>
>>84257148
> supes say "I grew up in kansas"
> "what is a kansas?"
just to make it better
>>
>>84256834
Were you not watching the movie?
Wonder Woman was holding onto Doomsday with all her strength and was still struggling to hold down Doomsday. Clark giving her the spear would ruin her focus and let DD overpower her completely. Even after being stabbed by the spear, Doomsday still had the strength to stab Superman.
>>
>>84255987
>superman barely speaks
You didn't watch the ultimate edition, did you? Anyone that hasn't seen the ultimate edition has no place giving their opinion on this movie. The theatrical cut was butchered by the studio, cut out whole scenes, shortened most scenes, made Lois a side character even though her story is important to the plot, and cut almost all of superman's solo scenes.

TL;DR watch the ultimate cut before you say shit that fucking stupid. Almost everything people bitched about was "fixed". I used quotations because they were always like that but the studio sabotaged their own movie.
>>
>>84257189
>What is a Kansas?
Wonder Woman cannot be this cute
>>
File: Batman being batman.jpg (230 KB, 952x1490) Image search: [Google]
Batman being batman.jpg
230 KB, 952x1490
>>84255164
>>84255835
B, But Batman doesn't kill.

And if he did, w, well, isn't this, like, part of their, you know, the brilliant master plan to explain how Bruce came up with his no-kill code? I mean, why would Batman even have a no guns policy, anyways?
>>
>>84257243
Do we get to see Batman doing any detective work at all? Because that really knocked the movie down a few notches for me.
>>
Way to miss the point.

The whole arc of Batman in the film is that he's become disillusioned and jaded. His brutality towards the criminals is way over the line. He is fine with letting as many criminals die as he needs to as long as he's not technically doing it with his own hands.

That's the point, that he's corrupted, and Superman's arc of realizing he wants to be a guardian instead of a god is what inspires Batman to become an actual hero again instead of an antihero.

For all the bitching people do about hurr durr not muh all star superman, they seem to fail to realize the movie is on their side about morally grey heroes not being heroes at all.
>>
>>84257243
>whole scenes, shortened most scenes, made Lois a side character even though her story is important to the plot, and cut almost all of superman's solo scenes.

15 minutes, anon. FIFTEEN.
>>
>>84257286
Did you forget the White Russian plot?
>>
>>84257246
she can and should be
not cute for beeing cute, but naive
>>
>>84256492
Nah, he was merely taking people down with merciless efficiency, hence the rampant brutality.
>>
>>84257314
It was 30 minutes
>>
>>84257148
>>84257189
That's a great little bit of character interaction there, random internet people, it's a shame that two paid professional writers couldn't come up with it. Please enjoy Superman never addressing Wonder Woman once in the final cut.
>>
>>84257286
Maybe? He hunts down lex and steals his kryptonite, he had to kind of do a little detective work to do that. My favorite new scene besides the desert scene (which is fucking badass) or the aftermath of the bombing is showing the aftermath of batman stealing the kryptonite, pretty much the whole building it was in gets fucked up and I got hype as fuck when it did the security footage.
>>
>>84257315
I mean on Superman, and he completely fucked up on the plot mentioned as he had to arrive on the scene to determine it was a boat and not a code name used by Lex.
>>
>>84257358
I don't even know the characters that well
but I could come up with that with my knowleged of the DCAU justice league
how come people who live from movies and lore comics couldn't come up with that

is it just because they wanted to make a "serious" movie?
really?
>>
>>84257319
The Amazons are among the most cultured and educated societies to ever exist. They are gifted with great wisdom by Athena herself, and spend much of their immortal lives studying, writing, and expanding their knowledge of the Earth and the gods.

So, no, Wonder Woman should not be naive.
>>
>>84257189
WW's been in America for some time though, this would just make her seem dumb
>>
>>84257314
Wrong, 30. And that 30 minutes completely changed the movie, added in side stories that were completely cut, and made Lex, Supes, Wheelchair guy, and Lois all more prominent characters.
>>
>>84257414
would they know about kansas?
in the movie yes, as she was in world war 1, but as someone who just came to the world now, I don't think she would know

but I'm sorry anon, it wasn't my objective to say stupid things about her
my bad
>>
>>84257446
yeah
I realized that after posting it
sorry, my mistake
>>
>>84257461
>>84257496
I was gonna yell at you some more, but I'm glad you just admitted it was just you not knowing about the character.

Read George Perez's Wonder Woman, anon, you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>84257496
>Apologizing on /co/
This feels weird, call me a faggot anon, I don't like this feeling
>>
>>84257571
>Hurt me, Snake. Hurt me more, dawg.
>>
>>84257571
Welcome to how /co/ was before the /tv/ invasion.
>>
>>84257547
thanks
I was looking for some omnibus of her, the golden age ones
but as I don't live in muhrica I can't find it with reasonable prices
fuck I hate it so much beeing a lore fag and poor fag

>>84257571
why can't I be educated in the internet?
I mean fuck I was wrong, at least I can take it
>>
>>84255978
He wanted to pay tribute to the first generation of Wayne. They were hunters.
>>
>>84257682
Hunters are, of course, notoriously averse to firearms.
>>
>>84255978
Cause Batman is a drama obsessed faggot who has to make everything so fucking theatrical.
>e.g. his cape
>>
>>84255978
He only had so much Kyrptonite. He couldn't risk Clark dodging the bullet, or the gun jamming. A spear allows him to get in close while still weakening Superman, and most importantly, it's reusable.
>>
>>84257825
this made me think
does Superman in DCEU sees himself as Clark or Kal-El?

I think it's Clark
>>
>>84257825
Good answer
>>
>>84257864
I would assume Clark
>>
>>84257864
Clark. Always Clark. If someone writes Superman where he doesn't he himself as Clark, fuck 'em.
>>
>>84256163
>It's silly

No shit, it's a superhero.
>>
>>84258018
oh shit anon
don't say that
superhero stuff is so serious business, don't you know?
>>
How are the going to explain joker and harley still being alive when batman kills everything in his path? It makes no sense
>>
>>84257709
Yes but I took as Bruce wanting to take a far more primitive approach.
>>
>>84258167
Joker either got away, or was caught by cops and not Batman.

Something that everyone ignores is that Batman only kills when it's in the heat of the moment. Bruce wasn't walking around with a gun in his utility belt, anytime he picked up a gun was because he was in the middle of a fight and he had just taken it from someone else. The Batmobile and Batwing have always had turrets. The only gun Bruce actively carried was the Kryptonite launcher.
>>
>>84256695
At first i assumed it was supposed to be Longino's lance too, but then in in the movie they specifically call it an harpoon, so i realized it was because Moby Dick, because as the movie reminds us multiple times Batman is "hunting"
>>
>>84258263
But if he has gotten t9 the point where he will kill anyone he would definstely be at the point where he would track down and kill the joker. Unless he is todd
>>
>>84255164
I never got that guy who crawls to the hand granade.
Was it so vital to show that he dies?
>>
>>84258167
The time line of this universe is bonkers, Batman has been active for more than 20 years before Superman became public, Superman was active for 2 years before Doomsday, Waller states that it was only after Superman appeared did more superpowers appear as well and forms the squad.
>>
Are you guys counting the 2 dudes that died in the warehouse via grenade? Because I'm not so sure those 2 count.
>>
>>84258394
joker had superpowers?
who knew

he killed a robin in only 2 years active
>neato
>>
>>84258443
Joker is the living avatar of chaos you know, he's been alive I Gotham for decades before Bruce was born.
>>
>>84258511
wut?
for real?
>>
>>84258535
One of the 3 of then are at least.
>>
>>84258354
It's a joke. Guy shown pulling grenade pin, real "oh shit" moment, but Bats just kicks another goon into him and he pratfalls, drops the grenade, and blows his own shit to hell. It's funny.
>>
>>84258594
jesus christ
I forgot the
>there were three jokers

the fuck is happening?
>>
>>84256011
>>84256309
>>
>>84258615
I meant what was the point of going the extra mile and showing him being a dumbass crawling to the granate and blowing himself up.
>>
File: Batman-v-Superman-I-believe-you.jpg (320 KB, 1272x490) Image search: [Google]
Batman-v-Superman-I-believe-you.jpg
320 KB, 1272x490
>>84258688
>>
>>84258720
It's funny. That's all the point it needs. Visual comedy, man.
>>
>>84258807
Why do I get seizure trying to follow the panels?
>>
>>84258807
>Snyder firmly believes that here (and throughout the comic) Batman killed people, despite multiple other scenes that specifically address the fact that he never did
>>
>>84255164
>Joker still alive.
They better fuck.
>>
>>84255274
It comes down to the way he does it. Nolan's just let Ra's fall to his dead and kills 2 face to save a kid but also does shit like saving his joker. Batfleck though goes full frank. Pretty brutal about it.
>>
>>84259055
This. Snyder Batman comes off as petty. The branding in context is kinda understandable, but then he chases and slaughters henchmen in order to steal an item that he needs to kill yet another person. You may scream "that's the point!" all you want, but you can't say people unhappy about it are being unreasonable. And the movie doesn't respect it's own point anyway, if the outcome of Batman's "Martha" epiphany was to realize he had been an asshole lately, then why does he persist being an asshole immediately after? The first thing he does to save Martha is mow down people with high caliber weaponry. The excuses I've heard for that were usually pretty weak, once a guy argued "he was still.mad at Superman so he needed to blow off steam"
>>
>>84259200
The outcome of "Martha" was to make Batman realize that Superman was good and ultimately just a man trying to do good. Clark's death is what caused Bruce to see how much Clark valued human life.
>>
>>84259273
That's a pretty sudden change of heart. But the Superman sacrifice is already weird by itself, he knew the kryptonite would weaken him of course, but to act like fighting DD that way would automatically mean his own death... but the problem with what I'm talking about (and what you said) is that all these things sound good on paper, but the execution is pretty weak if not broken, kinda like with the tornado scene in MoS
>>
>>84258807
Snyder pls
>>
>tfw one of your friends, who loves this movie beyon reasoning, unironically belives Batman didn't kill anyone
>>
>>84258807
He takes the gun from the thug, and only shoots him in the shoulder.
>>
>>84257547
Perez' Wonder Woman was hugely naive
>>
>>84260257
Yeah I didn't really like that.
>>
>>84259055
Burton Bats kills but it's really vague and you have to wonder did he do it or did he let them kill themselves?

Schumacher Bats is just a dick to Two Face, throwing all those coins at him
>>
>>84255919
It's like you've never read a comic before.
>>
>>84260678

>>84258688
>>
>>84255164
Him killing was part of the arc but people are taking it too far. He's not actually going out of his way to murder them, he just doesn't give a shit if that's what happens as a result of his actions, you know?
>>
>>84255978
Because he only has a limited amount of kryptonite and if Superman somehow manages to dodge the kryptonite bullets, Batman's fucked, because a missed bullet can't be easily recycled in a fight.

Whereas a spear gives you almost infinite tries, if you just stay alive.

Who's a hack now, anon? See, Snyder's company thought this through and you didn't.
>>
>>84255164
I don't personally mind the killing, in fact, I find it interesting and fresh. Actually, I almost feel like ''finally!'', but I do agree it'd maybe work better if it was fully explored in a Batman solo movie first, before going balls out like this.
>>
>>84259055
>Batfleck though goes full frank.

But he doesn't kill the Joker
>>
>>84260746
if batman doesn't give a shit why should I
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.