[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he actually correct? I thought (at least from the general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 768x1728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 768x1728
Is he actually correct? I thought (at least from the general opinion on the Internet) that cartoons were on the upswing? If he's right why is this?
>>
Who is Inoue?
>>
>>84253424
It really doesn't seem like Americans are taught anything but the basics when it comes to animation
When it comes to scene composition, they take cues from sitcoms rather than movies or the genre of movie that correlates to their cartoon
And while narrative structures can be okay, it still doesn't really seem like Americans like watching anything new
I mean, American cartoons aim for as many seasons as possible (from an exec's POV) or as many as it takes to tell the story (writer's POV), but the only cartoons that last more than a few seasons in Japan are the ones that are based off of existing media specifically manga. Other than that, you get 1-3 seasons because that's really all they need.

And they have way more mini-series/short episode produced cartoons in Japan, which is just another addition to the varied approach that they have to cartoons

I specify America because I don't really know that much about other western country cartoons, but from what I've seen, it's basically the same. They all suffer from the basic mindset that cartoons are for kids so they all have to be comedy shows. You can sometimes see that sentiment in Japan, but they still carry so many different genres of cartoons from dramas to adventures to etc
>>
American TV animation is horrible. America is leading in 3D animation however.
>>
>>84253424
This pic was proven to be bullshit.
The pictures are taken from a video of Williams promoting the Animators Survival Kit on iOS
He never said any of that shit.
>>
> /a/ get the fuck out
> fucking weaboos
> cartoons are a corporate product anime is creator driven art
> anime is just moeshit
> cartoons are overfunded
> anime pays way too muh for VAs
> VAs in Japan are an art form superior to filthy western voice actors
> Europe is the last hope for creators
> muh calarts
> muh SJWs
> cartoons have more frames
> cartoons inspired anime
> cartoons these days copy anime

> /co/ will give this topic 100 replies minimum
>>
>>84253965
>> cartoons are overfunded

I agree tho
>>
>>84253424
>another east vs west thread
Why we gotta fight all the time? Can't we appreciate that America and Japan have both created good animation?
>>
>>84253965
this is absolute truth, I see no problemo
>>
Pretty sure he's talking entirely about the technical aspect.
>>
>>84254812
He's not talking at all.
The text is just slapped on the images, the original video doesn't talk about East v West animation at all.
>>
>Cartoons were a mistake.
>They're nothing but trash.

>Those who identify as fans of American animation sicken me.
>>
File: 14675483875180.jpg (15 KB, 275x419) Image search: [Google]
14675483875180.jpg
15 KB, 275x419
At least Americans get 3D right.
>>
File: williams.jpg (31 KB, 744x331) Image search: [Google]
williams.jpg
31 KB, 744x331
>>84253424
>>84253424
>>84253424

Your Bait-Fu is weak OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSKsQ0XciJY
>>
>>84253424
>Akira
Shit
>Ghost In The Shell
Shit
>Other nipshit
Shit
>>
>>84253424
Americans already mastered 2D animation 50 years ago and are moving forward onto a new medium.
>>
>>84254933
People will literally fall for anything so long as you say something you don't like

That app looks like its an absolute boon, by the way. I might have to get on that someday.
>>
File: Erika.jpg (213 KB, 965x688) Image search: [Google]
Erika.jpg
213 KB, 965x688
>>84253965
>>84254713
But don't you want to see mods being completely fucking useless once again?
I mean, you can see it every day anyway, but still.

>inb4 this post gets deleted but the thread stays up
I wouldn't expect any different outcome.
Also sage.
>>
>>84253557
>It really doesn't seem like Americans are taught anything but the basics when it comes to animation

Richard Williams describes all animation as "sophisticated use of the basics."
>>
>>84255723
>People will literally fall for anything so long as you say something THEY don't like

Goddamnit. Anyways, based Williams. That app would make for an amazing supplemental piece for not only the book but personal studies/portfolio building.
>>
>>84254713
You're the only one making it East vs West
>>
>>84253440
>>84253440
>>84253440
>>84253440
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.