[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the shelf life of these 3? Think DC will get trigger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: 1441245562835.jpg (311 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441245562835.jpg
311 KB, 790x1200
What is the shelf life of these 3? Think DC will get trigger happy and bring back New52 Superman?
>>
>>84243676

Depends on sales, obviously. With Supersons as a book it should mean that they want to keep it going for a while.

I had stopped buying comics when Nu52 deleted all the legacies and relationships and they just got me back so I fucking expect them to keep restoring Pre-Flashpoint stuff rather than messing up again.
>>
>>84243676

New 52 Supes should come back but the Superman line is packed right now.

Sad he had to die for our sins.
>>
>>84243676
If sales are good then he'll probably be gone until sales start dropping
Then they'll bring him back for a sales boost
>>
>>84243784
Yeah but we got the superior superman sex luthor out of it
>>
>>84243676
I suspect he'll be back, but in a different role.
>>
I think having a 2nd Superman in the same timeline is a great idea.

There's a lot that can be done with the Superman character. A lot can be experimented with the character.
However, given Superman has been around for more than 75 it's hard to make big changes to him without making people get really angry.

However, by having 2 Supes, one of them can play the classic role (i.e. boyscout, the "American Way", protector of Metropolis and Earth, lovers with Lois Lane, journalist for the Daily Planet, leader of the JLA, archenemies/love-hate thing with Lex Luthor, etc), whereas the other can be given a more experimental role.

Plenty of people keep saying Superman is dull for a variety of reasons, one of them being his enemies are boring and that he's too OP for them. Plenty of people also criticise him acting like an old boyscout. However, whenever anyone tries to change any of that, people get angry, because they say classic Supes (i.e. Post Crisis Superman) wasn't like that.

Also, regardless of the complaints about him being too strong for his enemies, plenty of other people also want to see Supes go back to Silver Age level of strength and feats.

So, having 2 Supes can be a win-win situation, in which one of the (Pre 52) does the regular (Post Crisis) Superman thing, whereas the other one (New 52) can do something else, grow up on different ways, have newer more powerful enemies, and even have him on a setting that isn't Earth.

There's a lot to win from this, and if pulled well it can be highly entertaining, and perhaps even change the way people see Superman.
>>
>>84243676
Your question makes you a faggot. The real Superman is back, you fag.
>>
File: tbPStL3.jpg (720 KB, 950x1441) Image search: [Google]
tbPStL3.jpg
720 KB, 950x1441
>>84246504
This.
>>
IF he clicks with readers, I think they'll keep him around for good. By the time the conflict with Manhattan is resolved, reality will get a slight reboot that has him as Superman of Earth 0.

OR he and New52perman are two halves of a whole and they'll merge.

OR he's Kal L.

OR he's a creation of Mxyzptlk.
>>
>>84243784
the eradicator will be back soon enough.
there's a ton of hinting that the nu52 superman was a repurposed eradicator since the real superman was lost in time when the time dickery occurred.
>>
>>84246504
>>84246577
>real Superman
He is a clone you retard.
>>
>>84246504
>The real Superman is back

Finally. I had it up to here with all this flying bullshit. I'm glad they're back to having him leap tall buildings.
>>
Still don't understand why we can't have Action Comics be about new52 Supes, and Superman be about Superdad
>>
>>84243676
I can only hope.
>>
>>84246625
>if he clicks
>if
This Superman is everything people whined for last five years.
>>
>>84243676

DC will bring back Nuperman eventually but I think Superman, Jon and Lois are going to be around for a long, long time
>>
>>84245583
>However, given Superman has been around for more than 75 it's hard to make big changes to him without making people get really angry.

You say this but current Superman is hugely different and nobody has kicked up a fuss. He isn't a reporter, he has no relationships outside of his wife and son, he has a son! He isn't even Clark Kent anymore
>>
>>84247384

He's not a clone
>>
>>84249796

Action should be about Lex
>>
>>84249880
those people don't read the books.
>>
>>84246504
>Byrne man
>real superman
Pre Crisis earth 1 Superman is the real Superman.
>>
>>84249959

I wonder if that's who Clark Kent is.
>>
They should make this Superman more of a mentor to the current generation along with the JSA. Claim he's the golden age Superman from JSA's WW2 era ie original earth 2 Superman who was lost in time and came on earth 0 when the crisis merged all the earths. Give him graying hair as well.
>>
>>84249971
I think Clark will be new 52 Superman, who has lost his powers or passed them to Lois and Kenan. This will also help him conceal back his identity.
>>
>yfw Superbro was actually Superboy Prime pulled from the Source Wall by Manhattan
>>
>>84250050

What if he and Lois are pre Crisis ?
>>
>>84245583
People who thinks Supes is boring will think like that no matter the changes
>>
we're currently in reign of the supermen
everything will lead up to the return of new 52 superman
>>
>>84243676
Why would they, DC is finally getting Superman right now
>>
>>84246504
Lol every Superman SA, GA and New 52 are the real Superman
>>
>>84251653
No, no they are not
>>
>>84249899
Ye I'm willing to bet that pre-new52 superman will stick around but he'll eventually lose his powers permanently and just be Clark 24/7
>>
Wait, I'm confused
So how many Supermen are there right now? Blue, black and Clark Kent?
>>
New52 Superman will return with the trunks.
>>
>>84252063
The one wearing black is in a blue costume now and he is the main Superman

New 52 Superman died and empowered some other people

Sex Luthor considers himself Superman now

There's a Chinese guy who's going to be Super-man
>>
>>84249926
It wasn't outright stated but was hinted by Oz.
>>
>>84243676
The choice that will make all the fans happy would be to fuse the pre-52 and the nu52 Superman into a single being. You can mantain the two legacies (and fans)
>>
>>84252293
That's still messed up. Whose memories will cancel the other's?
>>
>>84249959

Pre-Crisis Earth 2 Superman was the real Superman. Pre-Crisis Earth 1 Superman was a huge dick.
>>
>>84252293

No, fuck that. This is how you get Hawkman.
>>
>>84252063
supposedly pre flashpoint superman
lex luthor superman
chinese superman
lois lane superwoman
lana lang superwoman red judging by the cover
>>
>>84243676
What was the deal with the 'Clark Kent' who was watching the fight between Superman and Superlex?
Oh, and does anyone know which ones I read first, the Action Comics 957-??? arc or Superman V.4 arc?
>>
>>84252832
Was it the Superman from Lois and Clark?
Was he the main pre flashpoint Superman?
>>
>>84253669
Yes to both.
>>
>>84252549
Earth 2 superman was a meme. Earth 1 superman was the golden age supes..he never changed continuity
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.