[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having not read The Invisibles, is this the most direct sigil/chaos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1168x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1168x584
Having not read The Invisibles, is this the most direct sigil/chaos magic focused book that Grant has written?
>>
Having not read it, sure, and it also features the most incidences of giraffe rape in any of his works.
>>
File: Morrison 4 Lyfe.jpg (355 KB, 962x1500) Image search: [Google]
Morrison 4 Lyfe.jpg
355 KB, 962x1500
>>84238800
yeah, I guess, if you haven't read the Invisibles. But you should read the Invisibles. It's awesome
>>
>>84238867
>0 is greater than 0
wew lad
>>
>>84238886
I plan to. I've read all of Morrison's major works outside of The Filth, The Invisibles, Doom Patrol, and Seven Soldiers.
I have them all on my shelf, but I was going to read The Invisibles last as I heard it was Grant's magnum opus.
I'm currently finishing off his Batman Inc, which keeps whiplashing from amazing to really boring. It might be the most uneven of his works.

/blog
>>
>>84238946
>I've read all of Morrison's major works outside of The Filth, The Invisibles, Doom Patrol, and Seven Soldiers

Literally 4 out of his 5 best books. Step ya game up OP
>>
>>84239001
What would you consider the 5th?
>>
>>84239045
Animal Man. Most people would probably say Flex Mentallo, which I also love, but I feel that most everything in it was covered in the Invisibles
>>
>>84239139
Yeah, I thought you were gonna say Flex.
Flex is great. I like it a bit better than most Animal Man, but maybe that will change when I read The Invisibles.
>>
>>84239230
Or maybe I just have lame taste. Either way, good choice saving the Invisibles for last. It really is Morrison's masterpiece
>>
>>84239324
Thanks.
Technically I was gonna finish up with The Filth as an epilogue though.
>>
>>84239401
The Filth is a lot like a condensed, more accessible version of the Invisibles. It'd work well as a prologue or an epilogue IMO.
>>
>>84239471
Cool. Morrison has said it's his favorite of his works, which made me want to put it at the end.

I forgot, I also haven't read New X-Men(I own it though).
I hear very mixed things. Have you read it?
>>
File: New X-Men.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
New X-Men.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
>>84239530
Yeah. It's really good, but the art is horrifically inconsistent. We've got Quitely and others, but a lot of horribly rushed fill-in art brings down the fun. DESU this happens a little in the Invisibles, but while that series more or less gets its shit together as it goes, the art quality of New X-Men degrades over time. There are also some silly subplots that don't quite work, but on the whole, it's a fantastic run. I'm a Morrison fanboy, obviously, but I think it's the best X-Men run ever written. And those X-Uniforms are DOPE
>>
>>84239619
Good shit.
I don't think Morrison has ever had a bad book.
>>
>>84239650
I was pretty disappointed by Happy!, to tell the truth. But that's IT. Morrison's got an amazing track record.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.