[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MARK MILLAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (42 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
42 KB, 512x288
>Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Universal)
>Nemesis (Universal)
>Chrononauts (Universal)
>Supercrooks (Universal)
>Empress (Universal)
>Jupiter's Legacy (Universal)
>Starlight (Fox)
>Superior (Fox)
>MPH (Paramount)
>Huck (Paramount)

How does he do it, /co/?
>>
>>84237354
He writes movie scripts and gets comic book artists to draw them.
>>
>>84237354
>How does he do it, /co/?

He's a hype man. He does what Stan Lee did back in the 60's.

Most of them will never be developed, but that doesn't matter, because he already made the sale.
>>
Nemesis is at WB now
>>
>>84237354
>How does he do it
He doesn't, at least not by himself. It's inconceivable that the author of Starlight and Superior wrote The Unfunnies, Nemesis, Kick-Ass and Kingsman. It's wildly inconsistent and he's either paying or blackmailing someone else to write the things we consider classics (e.g. Superman Adventures).

When he dies, the truth will come out but my money's on Grant Morrison covering for his friend Mark Waid having done most of the rest of Millar's ghostwriting both in and out of DC. Ask Waid on Twitter and he'll refuse to reply, and that fucker lives to toss the bantz with his fans.

I mean, it's not inconceivable that Millar has other suckers to milk but I'd start there.
>>
>>84237680
Hope they still got Liam Neeson locked down.
>>
>>84237908
Or, like all writers, Millar has his strengths and weaknesses as a writer and not all of his output will good. It's also silly to presume that all of his works which are considered good are the product of ghostwriting while all the works which are considered bad are his own, since working under the assumption that he uses ghostwriters means there is zero reason to ever not use a ghostwriter. Then you have to explain how he's still able to use ghostwriters when his success is public knowledge and would lead to public claims by irate ghostwriters and an inability to secure future ghostwriters, as they'd want credit to share in the money.
>>
by being a cheeky goat licking cunt
>>
He's a white male.
>>
>>84237354

He is an ungrateful prick who will soon get what is coming to him

My boy Gerard Way will handle him
>>
>>84240442
WHEN I WAS
>>
>>84240243
On 4chan I like to refer to this line of thinking as "Yotsuba's Butterknife" Kind of like Occam's Razor but the absolute moronic version.

Where Occam states that the most obvious reason is probably the most likely, Yotsuba says that the most backwards conspiratorial bullshit is always how you rationalize things.
>>
>>84240481
nice blog
>>
>>84240507
Conspiracy shitter detected.
>>
>>84240686
shit wrong thread
>>
>>84237354
wait chrononauts got picked up? when did this happen?
>>
>>84237474
Pretty much this.

Doesn't matter how good or bad his books are these days, Millar knows how to market them and where to sell the rights.
>>
He's probably the best and most consistent modern writer, that's why his work keeps getting adapted. Morrison wishes he was half as good. Literately the writer that everyone aspires to be in the industry.
>>
>>84237354
>Kingsman: The Golden Circle
filming

>Nemesis
Not made. Being sold on isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, but not with Universal any more. Nobody is attached.

>Chrononauts
Never getting made, the name is already owned and the concept is pretty much identical to the card game.

>Supercrooks
Going nowhere, originally slated for 2014. It's not Icon/Marvel holding it up - they've got no objection to movies getting made, and Millar was within his rights to sell the film rights from an Icon property.

Turns out it's not really all that good.

>Empress

Doesn't even have a wikipedia page six months after release, despite being by a name author.

Boy, you really have to hope they didn't pay a lot for those rights. That audience is tiny.

>Jupiter's Legacy

Is a Watchmen knockoff with a title that's properly killed any chance it ever had of getting made. Jupiter's ANYTHING could land on your desk with any number of A-listers attached in whatever roles; you wouldn't fund it if you valued your career. Yes, it has Lorenzo di Bonaventura's name attached, no, that doesn't mean it's going to get made.

>Starlight
Literally the only person who thinks it's Mark Millar's next project in film is Mark Millar. Doesn't sound like it'll set the world on fire.

>Superior
Variety reports a script, at least, but it's very early days yet. Since Vaughn actually owns these rights, don't expect it before Kingsman 2: Electric Let Down Even the Hardcore Fans Like Kick-Ass 2 and Basically Kill Your Gross, ie, not until the end of this decade.

>MPH
Nothing but a single producer, Lorenzo di Bonaventura again. The guy's making spread bets, not guaranteeing anything.

>Huck (Paramount)
I genuinely don't know what the fuck this is supposed to be. The only Huck at Paramount I know of is a failed project from 2012, but that was written by Andy Burg as a spec.

From the sound of things he sold a job lot to Bonaventura. Christ knows what his payouts are like, but I would guess very low.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.