[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think parents of famous comic writers/animators are proud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: family.jpg (65 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
family.jpg
65 KB, 500x329
Do you think parents of famous comic writers/animators are proud or ashamed of their sons career choice?
>>
I know John Byrne and Rob Liefled both said their parents accepted their careers when the money came in.

Jim Lee made a deal with his parents that if he couldn't make it in comics with in one year he would go to Med School.
>>
>>84228030
That's one hell of a motivation for success
>>
>>84227981
>famous comic writers/animators
>famous

Of course they are proud bonehead
>>
>>84227981
It's about that dough my nigga. It's always about the dough.
>>
i don't know, my grandparents seem pretty satisfied with my parents work.
>>
>>84228056
Hey he made it. By that year he was drawing Punisher War Journal
>>
>>84227981
I'd think they'd be ashamed if they weren't famous and worked on something that was shit or not really known at all.
>>
>>84228114
>nigga gets a spin-off book on one of the hottest up and coming properties at the largest comics publisher of them all after just one year

The fuck? Does this nigga have photos of Tom DeFalco?
>>
>>84227981

Probably not. There's a lot of worse jobs. "My son is an animator for Warner Brothers" sounds a lot better than "My son is a janitor at the the elementary school"
>>
>>84228503
Yeah but I wonder what parents think when their college-aged son/daughter tell In all seriousness "Dad, I want to make cartoons"
>>
>>84227981
Don't think so,unless they're Asian or have their heads too deep up their asses. If you're famous and succesful in your work field, you must have some terrible parents if they do not, at least, feel good for you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.