[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They could've literally just done Red Hood and not a damn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 25
File: ArkhamKnight.png (3 MB, 2867x4000) Image search: [Google]
ArkhamKnight.png
3 MB, 2867x4000
They could've literally just done Red Hood and not a damn thing would've had to change.

Instead, they lied. Why?
>>
It was kind of weird. They kept saying in interviews that no one's going to be able to guess who it is since it's a completely original character.

Then everyone said it was going to be Jason Todd.

And then it was Jason Todd.
>>
So they could call it Arkham BLANK
>>
>>84227611
So people will buy it out of pure curiosity of who was the AK
>>
File: 1449485593832.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449485593832.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>That deathstroke "fight"
>>
>>84228011
Or maybe Arkham Night?
>>
>>84227611

Let's just be painfully honest.

Arkham Origins had a better story.
>>
>>84229720
Arkham Forever
>>
>>84227611

Part of me really wanted him to be Azazel but a Jason is fine too.
>>
>>84227611
I didn't mind that it was Jason/Red Hood I just don't like that they lied.
>>
>>84228011
>>84229720
>>84229815
They could have called it Ashes of Arkham
>>
File: 1458486479692.gif (251 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1458486479692.gif
251 KB, 320x240
>>84228080
>Playing Arkham Knight
>Struggling through the story
>Getting so bored by the end
>All of a sudden BAM
>Deathstroke's on the scene
>Interest skyrockets
>Do every motherfucking tedious-ass little side quest to be able to confront him
>Clone of earlier tank battle
>"Okay, I bet this is just the first form"
>Leaps from wreckage and gets bitchslapped
>"Okay, he's telling me he's still dangerous, I bet I get to GCPD lockup and have the fight there, maybe he even teams up with other criminals."
>Gets pushed into cell next to Pyg and crosses his arm.
>Mfw
>>
File: 1433489493915.png (63 KB, 271x272) Image search: [Google]
1433489493915.png
63 KB, 271x272
>>84227957
>mfw Joker starts mentioning Jason Todd for no reason, namedropping him over and over and recounting his whole story just in case you have no idea who he is. All the while trying to make it sound casual.
>>
>>84227611
Because this time he took after other daddy. NuBat instead of NuRed Hood.

>>84227957
They were so adamant about it too and then nope, Jason Todd.
>>
>>84227611
Johns doesnt belong to Batman, is that simple.
>>
>>84227611
because they didn't want to hire tdini back and the game designers weren't as competent writers as they thought.
>>
>>84228080
The laziest shit i've seen in a video game in awhile.
>>
>>84230531
>and the game designers weren't as competent writers as they thought.

The writer was Johns.
>>
>>84230531
Arkahm City was nonsense just like Knight

Origns had best writing
>>
FACT

City > Asylum >>> Origins >>>>>>> Knight

you literally can't dispute this
>>
>>84230568
Nope, it was Martin Lancaster, Sefton Hill and Ian Ball. Johns was just a consultant.
>>
>>84230676
explain to me what was wrong with City

>origins
>best writing
DUDE SURPRISE JOKER LMAO
>>
>>84230517
>They were so adamant about it too and then nope, Jason Todd.
Then they kept doing the obvious story telling trope by having the game constantly say "Jason Todd is dead" as if that's gonna throw you off.
>>
>>84227611

It was so fucking obvious but ill admit the scene where he does reveal its him and he removes part of the helmet and the color scheme changes to red was pretty cool.

One of the things i hate most about this game is we never got a 1 on 1 Red Hood v Batman duel. After WB montreals attempt at the Deathstroke style fight wtih an enemy that is as compotent at fighting as you i was really hoping Rocksteady would pull out something really fucking cool for this but instead i got nothing.

All the Arkham Knight fights kinda suck they could have done a way better tank duel if instead of the big drill he had his own tank styled after the Batmobile.

They could have done a much better stealth fight with the both of you persuing each other instead of the sneak up on him on a ledge.

The entire end of the game kind of bugs me aswell you disarm Batman and take him to Arkham Asylum and don't bother to have a stage going through destroyed old areas from the first game with the Joker hallucinations and Scarecrow gas attacks. You could also make that a great stealth section with you completley out of gadgets sneaking around.

You never have one of the team up fights with all 3 Robins.
>>
>>84227611
It was so they could have arkham *one syllable*. You can't make arkham red hood work
>>
Why did they switch from comic-realism to tacticool anyhow?

I hate it.
>>
>>84227957
They probably thought he was a original character in their defense.

Game devs are notoriously ignorant about what they are working on, their skills/knowledge start and end at programming 99% of the time.
>>
>>84227611
I think the biggest failing was how little any of the Robins appeared in game. They has a vague throw away line about Robin in Asylum. Robin then showed up in City to give Batman the line launcher, and half a DLC. Then knight comes along and there's three Robins and they all have this past with Batman that we never see in the game.
>>
>>84230728
You didnt play Origins. You have the memes down though. Good for you, but dont pretend you know Origins story

City was a bored listless annoyed Batman being strung along by a successive slew of villains. A non character really
>>
>>84231287
>implying that I didn't play Origins
>implying that the story doesn't pull a massive about-face on you, where it turns out that the Joker was Black Mask the whole time, and was the one who put the hit on you
>implying that the rest of the game doesn't turn into the Joker Show Round 3, where it's all Joker, all the time
>implying it didn't throw the assassins (except Bane) to the curb and completely undercut the advertising and the game's own first half
>implying that this wasn't the 2nd stupidest twist in the whole series, after the Arkham Knight being Jason Todd
literally the only thing Origins did good was Bane
>>
>>84229841
Azazel is a character I've always wished that everyone didn't hate so much. There's so much story potential for a guy who took over as Batman for a while and knows he fucked it up something awful.
>>
>>84229841
>>84231698
>Azazel
>>
>>84229760
arkham origins had some cool shit but if it weren't MORE JOKER SHIT then it'd be many times better than City
>>
>>84231338
Nah, Joker was done well. Electrocutioner was top kek.
>>
>>84227611
I heard it wasn't even supposed to be Jason Todd and that it was actually for-real supposed to be a new character, but then executive interference happened and because Red Hood was popular at the time the suits said "Hey faggots, make the badguy Red Hood" and Rocksteady had to scrap their plans.
>>
>>84231950
I did not appreciate the Joker stealing the spotlight away from a story that was (supposedly) focused on a lot of the lesser-known rogues in his gallery, and also stealing the focus from the "Year One" feel of Batman taking down the mob and mob-related activities. Especially not since this was the THIRD GAME IN A ROW where it turned out that the Joker was the main villain. You could argue that Bane shared the main villain role with the Joker in Origins, but I would have infinitely preferred that it had stayed Black Mask - Bane - Deathstroke as the main trio of villains.
>>
>>84230728
It was a fetchquest with no real structure that sacrificed an interesting villain in Strange in favor of an asspull last-minute reveal involving Ra's al Ghul and forcing Joker as the main villain.

Not to mention the smaller flaws, like Freeze and Batman fighting for NO RAISIN, or Batman treating Joker's corpse with more respect than Talia's.
>>
File: arkham knight batmobile.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
arkham knight batmobile.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
this is the best batmobile design of all the batmobiles

prove me wrong protip you can't
>>
>>84232598
>last minute asspull
you find out that Ra's al Ghul was pulling the strings halfway through the game, when Batman visits the League for the first time to get his temporary cure
>>
>>84232981
No, you only discover that Ra's has been residing in an underground city beneath Gotham. His involvement in the Arkham City plot isn't obvious until near the end.
>>
What's /co/'s ranking of the Arkham games?
>>
>>84230728
City's story was just awful. It's boring and uninteresting outside of context of a game, which would be excusable if it was at least engaging within the context of the game, like Arkham Asylum's story. But it wasn't. They had a race against time "I'm dying in a matter of hours and need to find the cure NOW" story in a fucking sandbox game, with a ton of unrelated side-quests. The story tried very hard to develop a sense of urgency, and completely ruined that.

Origins and Knight learned from that and had stories that actually made sense with the sandbox, side-questing format, and both of their stories can kind of stand on their own to various degrees. Yeah Knight was just a shittier Red Hood knock off but at least Red Hood's an okay story in itself. And yeah Origins was Joker-centric again, but it's also by far the most well written and interesting the Joker was in the Arkham series, not to mention it did the impossible and had a well-written Bane, which is ridiculously rare to find.
>>
>>84233200
I don't know about /co/ as a whole, but personally

>Asylum
>Knight/Origins (Origins had the better story but Knight had more polished gameplay)
>City
>>
>>84229907
I actually just did this shit the other night.

It's even worse because the entire time you're doing the quests to dismantle the militia, Deathstroke's all "Batman you're a great warrior but I'm a great killer, how about you try taking down a REAL warrior, 1v1 me you fucking pussy come on fight you stupid fucking bat FIGHT ME" and then you don't even get the satisfaction of fighting him hand-to-hand.

What a fucking letdown.
>>
>>84232064

Source
>>
>>84233318
I'll give City this much, as much as The Joker was shoved into the plot in a weird way, the end of the game with Joker's death was great.

Remember when Hamill swore he'd never voice Joker again after that?
>>
>>84233318
City wins major points for having the balls to actually kill of the Joker and introduce lasting consequences in a non-forced way. No matter how hard Knight tried to force him back in with those retarded memory/hallucination sequences
>>
>>84229760
Origins had Best Bane.

Like, seriously. Best adapted Bane ever.
>>
>>84233597
they even put in an explanation for why he was an idiot in the other two games!
>>
I was under the impression that Origins was really shitty. Maybe I'll pick it up sometime.
>>
>>84233597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJjhF83x4XE
>That moment before the cutscene where Batman sees the vent and climbs on top of the elevator all sneaky
>Bane instantly realizes what's up and pulls him the fuck down and beats the shit out of him

That right there, that right FUCKING there, is the absolute embodiment of who Bane is as a character, and how he should be used as a villain.
>>
>>84227611
What I actually want to know is why there are people who is still bitter about this? It's been a freaking a YEAR!
>>
>>84229815
More like Arkham and Robin
>>
>>84227611
Because only edgy faggots care about red hood.
>>
>>84231154
Because tacticool is PRACTICAL and REALISTIC and MODERN.
>>
>>84233668
remind me again why the Joker is usually billed as Batman's arch-nemesis when Bane is almost literally Evil Batman, but physically tougher?
>>
>>84230700
Asylum is the best one
>>
>>84233745

Yo can't possibly pretend that Knight was trying to go for realistic, don't give that that bullshit.

>>84233764

Because there's a dozen Evil Batman characters.
>>
>>84232946
No, I think Michael Bay made a great work with it.
>>
>>84229907
I get that they wanted to use their stupid tank battle feature who the hell thought Deathstroke was suitable for that? His entire shtick is that he's a master in hand to hand combat and an incredible threat to Batman. Why the hell would he decide to get into a tank battle? When did he ever do that? Why would he think that?
> Fucker got me good the first time. Better use my Deathstroke-tank next time. That will teach him.
Couldn't they just get some other guy for that? Any other b/c-list villains would have done the job just fine.
>>
>>84233803
?
>>
>>84233764
Well Bane is a more recent addition to the cast compared to Joker.
>>
>>84233773
yeah, but Bane is the only one among them who actually earns the descriptor "Evil Batman" with actions
>>
>>84233200
>Arkham Asylum 10/10
>With Batman in a perfect environment for the character, the majority of the experience makes up for its lackluster boss-battle. The stylistic and artistic look to the game definitely sells it as a Batman game. This one is my favorite in that it's a simple Batman versus Joker game, and feels like you're playing in an episode of "Batman: The Animated Series". This one is a must-play.

>Arkham City 9-10/10
>With the scale rising in how crazy things are and get, yet not as simple and fun as it's predecessor; this game will entertain you nonetheless, and you won't be disappointed. The main problem is the game is a bit too self defined, and strives to be a bit too big for some people's taste. The feel and tone of the last game is mostly gone, and new stylistic influences are added, and kept in the next games. Arkham City is what makes the Arkham-verse "Arkham" more than Arkham Asylum, ironically. This is a must-play.

>Arkham Origins 8/10
>While fun and entertaining as it's own short standalone game with the same game-play from Arkham City, this game suffers from a story that does not fit in with Arkham City or Arkham Asylum, and has a completely different tone and feel from the others. The game play and the (terribly forced) inclusion of the Joker are the only similar aspects that make this an Arkham game. It's story also ruins what would otherwise be a fine, simpler timeline by adding in confusing plot details, and sets the Arkham timeline as what it is, for better or for worse. This one shouldn't be mandatory to play.

>Arkham Knight 9/10
>The character "Arkham Knight" has an obvious and disappointing reveal, but one we were expecting. The game play was creative, if not repetitive at times, and the Joker once again is forced in, yet the game is definitely playable, has a fine story otherwise, but not without it's minor flaws. Give this one a play.

Thoughts?

also Arkham Asylum/City suits were GOAT
>>
>>84231158
Dude Arkham Knight was Johns' idea
>>
>>84233810
I could at least buy into the tank battle if we got the satisfaction of fighting him outside of it. Hell, if you really wanna go out of your way, make us THINK it's Deathstroke in the tank, then reveal that it wasn't actually Deathstroke but some goon dressed up like him, and have him ambush you on your way back to GCPD.

Or like, fuck, give us some Titans fanservice and have Robin come in to help fight him. Or fucking something.

At least I still have kicking Riddler's ass to look forward to. This Knightfall bullshit better be worth it.
>>
>>84230728
How was it honestly surprising that the Joker would be Batman's villain? Fucker was featured in the first trailer of the game and was precised as not being parts of the assassins chasing Batman and the character way too important to get stuck in a side quest role (like anons speculated). Also, the game is called Origins but isn't about Batman's or Arkham's origins. Retrospectively, it is obvious to point out that it is about how Batman and Joker met. But even back then, it was easy to have a good idea of what the story will be about.

And hell. Everyone treat it as the reveal was a last minute thing. Joker literally shows his face 2 hours into the story (so enough time to refund your game on Steam if you're butthurt) and everything hints that there is something wrong with Black Mask all the way until then.

I get everyone are tired of the Joker. I am, too. Tough Origins did use the character well. The Joker was a very good successor to Hamill's and his scenes were probably better than some in the games prior. Some people might have preferred to have the Joker out of the game, but it doesn't change that his story was the best in the series and it did a lot of things right.
>>
>>84233892
that Beyond suit though
>>
>>84233764
Joker is Lex-Luthor, Bane is Doomsday.

Joker is the person who regularly challenges Batman on a truly fundamental level, but who Batman can still stop, albeit often with losing on some personal level.

The whole point of Bane is that he's Batman's ultimate match. He's the one dude who's just straight up better at this shit than him. He's stronger, he's faster, he's a better tactician, and he's better at prep-time. What makes Bane a thrilling and interesting antagonist for Batman is the fact that Batman can't really win the fight, without some kind of deus ex machina.

Which is fine and all, but the problem is, that's a dynamic that only really works one time. We got Knightfall, where Bane broke the Bat, and it was great, but bringing Bane back as an antagonist doesn't really work. If they make Bane weaker/Batman stronger and have Batman win, that devalues Bane and misses the point of him as a character. If Bane just comes back and keeps on winning, well, that's boring, and not fun to read. It's not interesting, there's no tension.

As a straight up villain, Bane's the type of character you can only really use once.

Which isn't to say he can only have one appearance. Bane's had a decent amount of fantastic stories where he was more of a neutral character. He's buried the hatched with Batman and is looking for some other purpose in life, sometimes even partnering up with Batman.

He can work as a protagonist, he makes a great neutral, force-of-nature type character, but you can really only play the villain card with him once, which means he can't really be an 'arch nemesis'.
>>
>>84233764
Nobody ever remembers Killer Moth.
>>
Riddle me this, /co/!

Are the riddler trophies really worth completing, at all? In Asylum they did have ties to various villains, but I didn't like their implementaion in the other games.
>>
>>84233892
Arkham City, if it kept things like Mr.Freeze's bossfight-style but had others more akin to Origins Deathstroke and Bane for the appropriate villians would be the pinnacle of of a Batman Game.
>>
>>84234007
riddler trophies are never worth completing, it's actual, legitimate autism bait
>>
>>84231078
>A-sy-lum
>One syllable
>Or-i-gins
>One syllable
>>
I knew it was Jason Todd since the trailer as did most people but what did still suprise me was him actually putting on the red hood after the reveal. Thought that was a nice touch.
>>
>>84233764
Because Joker is the antithesis to Batman.
>>
>>84233951
And people say Catwoman was overly sexualized
>>
>>84234007

The only game I 100% the Riddler trophies in was Knight because I wanted the full ending.

It wasn't worth it.
>>
>>84234023
But don't you want to see the FULL, REAL ending? Batman would NEVER leave a SINGLE villain at large, after all!

Seriously, fuck Knightfall. Let the game end when the player's fucking done with it There's literally no reason why you can't say "batman preptimed ways to round up the last villains in a worst-case scenario."
>>
>>84233944
It's because it was the boring, safe, disappointing route
>pls no more Joker pls no more Joker pls no oh god damn it
Joker may be a better villain than the other villains in Origins, but it was fun and interesting to NOT have him included and see how the B-team teamed up to take Batman down
>>
If you aren't a completionist who cares about 100%ing then you should've known the risks and looked it up online.
>>
>>84234051
>but you can't sexualize men

Also, the Catwoman levels in City fucking sucked, fight me
>>
>>84234094
Bane had alot of potential in Origins, if only they didn't have to make him go full retard to fit with the Arkham timeline and backseat him to Joker.
>>
>>84234117
it was the only way to make the canon work, anon, the Origins team had no control over how Bane was portrayed in the other games
>>
>>84233632
Origins has a few dumb story beats and contridicted continuity due to it, at the time, taking place five years before City. (Which was retconned to at least ten years with Knight) Like City, the dumb story beats doesn't stop the game from being extremely satifying when completed, and the highlights of the story are definitely Bruce and Alfred's interactions. Although scenes like Harley and Joker's first meeting are contridicted with Asylum's patient tapes and it went ignored for the most part.
>>
File: batman-arkham-skins.jpg (82 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
batman-arkham-skins.jpg
82 KB, 1024x576
>>84234051
> Meet up a guy who's teacher did the Beyond suit for Arkham Knight.
> He's pretty proud about having him as his teacher.
> Don't think too much and straight up tell him the suit was ugly as fuck.
> Basically sounds like a dick.
> He becomes instantly embarrassed and I immediately regret saying that.
I should watch out my autism sometimes.
>>
>>84234145
plus it has literally the best adaptation of Bane of all time
>>
>>84234094
Like I mentioned, I'm really tired of seeing the Joker everyone and I was also disappointed of having him in the game in favour of other, more interesting, characters like Shiva or Deathstroke. I'm glad tough he was great enough to make me forget it's another Joker's game. I was expecting him as the main villain but I wasn't expecting him to be pretty good.

But like you and others said, Bane was really great and basically stole the entire show.
>>
>>84234166
You're not wrong, but, you're not right, either.
>>
>>84234166
To be fair, it does suck dick since they kept that ugly furrowed brow that's on almost all the damn suits. Also call it the proto-Beyond Suit and I'd give some leeway to the ugliness of it. But yeah man, check your autism at the door or at least only when you're on the internet.
>>
>>84233428
Concur. Its literally a tank game.
>>
>>84234007
It was kinda fun in City as there is some level of completion and rewards in the end. Doing the same wasn't worth it in Origins. Collecting everything only ends the side quest with Riddler basically going all 'fuck you batman I'm gonna turn off my computer and never talk to you again'. Pretty frustrating imo.
>>
>>84233892
Is this accurate?
>>
>>84234256
You know, that makes me think that Rocksteady could actually make a fun and entertaining Mad Max game. Not Twisted Metal because they're attempts at being "real" would ruin the appeal of what makes Twisted Metal fun.
>>
File: SEQUENCE ERASE.gif (450 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
SEQUENCE ERASE.gif
450 KB, 500x357
>Bought the game for my father because we've played all of them
>Think to myslef there is no way Arkham Knight is Jason Todd
>Red Hood DLC as a pre-order bonus
I tired to ignore it, then AKs first appearance cemented it.
>>
>>84233919
It really isn't.
>>
>>84234145
>taking place five years before City

This was never canon. Some idiot reporter confused that and the Nu52 timeline, and every other idiot reporter picked up on it.
>>
Missed oppertunities
>Multiple Jokers (Great axed plotline champs!)
>Jason vs Harley (Why wouldn't Jason want to wipe out every last reminder that the Joker existed?)
>Deathstroke Battle (BECAUSE TANKS!)
>Scarecrow being the big bad (Congrats! you barely matter!)
probably more.
game was still 7/10
needed more Red Hood gameplay
>>
>>84233892
Pretty much agree but I love these games.

Asylum>Knight>City for me. There's a lot of shit Knight did wrong but I thought the gameplay itself was stellar and improved upon City's, so I sort of have to rate it higher
>>
>>84230700
City is literal shit
>>
>>84234595
your opinion is shit
>>
>>84234110
I won't. They were fun enough at the time, but when I go to replay City, it feels like an honest chore to do Catwomans shit. I don't really want to uninstall the DLC either.
Asylum and City are top tier games to play through in a night, especially given that's how long in game time is too, Catwoman just gets in the way.
>>
>>84234303
It's IGN level ratings what do you think?
>>
>>84230700
Fucking agreed.
>>
>>84234032

No. The Rocksteady Trilogy is
A-sy-lum
Ci-ty
Knight

First game is three, second game is two, third game is one. Origins wasn't a Rocksteady title thus doesnt count in the chain, but was the first WBMontreal game, even starting with three syllables.
>>
>>84227957
If he was Red Hood from the start, it would have been much better.
>>
>>84234166
God, sticking it right next to such a source accurate DKR suit really just drives home how wrong it is.
>>
>>84233980
that was interesting to read.
>>
File: harleyquinn.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
harleyquinn.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
reminder that Arkham Knight finally brought us this gem

But seriously it wasn't that bad. I didn't mind the Jason Todd stuff. And actually i think the Arkham Knight suit looked really good
>>
>>84233597
For you.
>>
>>84234689
The only Catwoman mission that pissed me off was the last one. It should've been optional to intiate instead of mandatory before you could run around as Batman again.
>>
>>84233810
I don't understand why they didn't make Gearhead the tank battle villain. He's a villain who's entire thing is that he is physically one with whatever car he's in.
>>
File: 3847448-1396301315431.jpg (80 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
3847448-1396301315431.jpg
80 KB, 456x386
>Joker is often pegged as Batman's main villain rather than The Riddler, a villain who sets up clues and traps for Bruce to solve as a detective

Whoever did this needs to be shot. It makes about as much sense as Superman's arch nemesis being Toy Man.
>>
>>84229760
Origins has the best story in the entire series. All the other games have retarded plot twists or just start out with stupid nonsense
>>
>>84227611
>Rocksteady promotes Knight with the tag line "Be the Batman"
>Knightfall protocol

Did RS tell us to kill ourselves?
>>
File: Rookie Batman.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Rookie Batman.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>84233892
Origins came out at a time where I think most people myself included, could of gone another year or two without yet another Arkham game, because going back to it I;ve had a better time with it then when It originally came out.
>>
>>84234007
They were all super easy and 2/3s of them could be grabbed by just going through the story.

IDK why everyone bitches about them so much.
>>
>>84236860
Did the hitboxes and autolock fucking disappear?
>>
>>84229760
I disagree. Origins had the same bullshit cockteasing as Knight with Black Mask and the Assassin plot being baited and switched. Bane was an improvement, but that's the only thing I'll concede.
>>
I had a good time overall with this game. Riddler trophies were pretty tedious and the payoff was shit. The Batmobile wasn't as bad as everyone said it was, though.
>>
>>84227611
>>84227957
First time you've been lied to by the creators of something?

They lie because they want to keep it a secret to those that don't know.
>>
>>84233980
Great post, anon.
>>
>>84239683
The point is less that they lied but more the fact it was so blatantly obvious you'd hoped they had something else up their sleeve
>>
>>84239961
Why would there be something else? They were simply trying to deny the obvious truth to your average person, not comic book nerds who would figure it out.
>>
>>84229760
I couldn't play Origins. I got it like right before or at the same time as Knight. And after playing a bit of Knight, Origins was just painful in how limited the gameplay was
>>
>>84236860
Don't know why everyone treats origins like the crazy uncle of the series. It had a stronger story than most of the other installments, best Bane, solid boss fights and it felt more emotional; probably because of all the bruce/alfred scenes. And the Joker reveal caught me off guard even though I knew he'd be in it.

btw who wrote origins? Dini wrote Asylum and City, Rocksteady and the guy who wrote Crysis did Knight so who did the other one?
>>
>>84240667
Turns out Origins is written by the guy who wrote Assassins Creed I,II, brotherhood and Prince of Persia. Should have had him write AK
>>
>>84234166
It kinda works better when you consider it to be a prototype-version of the Beyond suit.
>>
>>84234250
If it was just the proto beyond suit that Bruce tried to wear than yeah I'd be more into it.

Still I think its better than the Arkham City version in some ways.
>>
File: screen3.jpg (78 KB, 940x560) Image search: [Google]
screen3.jpg
78 KB, 940x560
>>84230700
>>84233200

All of them have weakness and strenghts.

>Asylum
Great music but more limited gameplay, shit bossfights. It's good overall, but i can't point objective aspects.

>City
The one with more good stuff than bad. The only thing i disliked are Catwoman DLC lenght (how many hours Catwoman spend hanging upside down?), and WB Montreal idea of a bossfight (Catwoman vs Two Face and Robin vs Harley, i think both were made by them and not Rocksteady).

>Origins
Good: all Bane bossfighs are the mose exciting of the series (second place are all the bossfights from City), cool indoors missions, martial artists (you really should have expanded this idea for Knight, Rocksteady), Initiation and Cold, Cold Hearth DLC's are good.
Bad: bugs, open world is shit, "playable Deathstroke" is actually Robin, worst Riddler by far, the other bosses lazily reuse animation and concepts from Arkham City, anacronisms (lazy canadians reused City's gadgets, Harley at Blackgate).

>Knight
Good: excelent graphics, superior basic gameplay (combat and stealth), batmobile in racing mode, Batfleck's suit and batmobile, new playable characters (Batgirl, Harley, Red Hood).
Bad: tank mode shouldn't have existed, shit bossfights, all new playable characters reuse animations from City (fucking Azrael is a copypaste of Batman).
>>
>>84227611
Because calling it Arkham Hood would just sound really ghetto.
>>
>>84242851
Asylum had based Scarecrow segments, really well done imo
>>
>>84242851
>Asylum had shit bossfights
I call bullshit. Croc, Ivy and the last Scarecrow encounter were based. Bane was ok, Joker was shit though.
>>
>>84242851
Asylum had the best overall atmosphere I think, the claustrophobic nature of being stuck on the island and in the asylum worked in its favor. I loved City's open world, but it lost a bit of the aesthetic Asylum had because of it.
>>
>>84243164
Croc was the exact same as Joker and Bane in that all three were "lolbatarangtothehead"
>>
There is no ranking for me I enjoy them all. I think they all have strengths and weaknesses but I also think they all have that one thing they do best.

Asylum: The Atmosphere
City: The Gameplay
Origins: The Story
Knight: The City

>>84243164
Bane in Asylum sucked. Origins ends up making up for Bane's Portrayal in Asylum and City.

Scarecrow and Ivy were good though.

Croc's fights in the series aren't spectacular but I'm glad they are there in three different Arkham games and each one has him in a different mutation.
>>
File: -1.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
455 KB, 1920x1080
>>84234007

My Riddler ranking

1.- City. He give you a reason to collect his shit (save his hostages), and add death traps to spice the thing. Great stuff.
2.- Knight. He's cool for the same reason of City, and thanks to him i can play team up with the sexy kitty. But his bossfight was shit.
3.- Asylum. Meh, he's on the loose, so i have to stop him by finding his shit until i can find his hideout, but none cool deathtraps and inmediate lives at risk. In resume: not motivating enough.
100.- His radio towers make Gotham City look like shit, no deathtraps, his trophies puzzles were recycled from City and boring, he's not even the Riddler and you can't even capture him.
>>
>>84243164

Yeah, i forgot Croc, he was a great, tense section of the game.

Ivy bossfight isn't good, it had the vidya cliche i hate the most: the free weakspot (why Ivy open her shield on purpose?). Bane was a recycled Titan, and i hate the "batarang to the head" thing (i always fight Titans by dodging they attacs and punching them, that way is more fun).

And i kinda liked Joker's "bossfight". Suits to him, making fun of the situation during all the battle, and giving you time to take him down.
>>
Any thoughts on the Rocksteady characters like Aaron Cash?
>>
>>84229760
>>84230676
I like the plot line in Origins a lot. It's pretty straight forward. But fuck I like the TAS influences in the Rocksteady games and Origins just threw it all out. I doubt anyone from Montreal even watched the show
>>
>>84231945
>MORE JOKER SHIT
It's Joker shit was pretty well done though. Were it not for Joker fatigue, it would be much better received.

>>84234007
The ones that were actually puzzles or had some sort of challenge were good.

Unfortunately, Rocksteady decided to pad the numbers each and every game with "blow up wall, receive trophy" x 100.

>>84243164
>>84243533
Croc's boss fight in Asylum is good for the first couple of minutes. Then you figure out the trick and it just becomes repetitive and loses all of its suspense value.
>>
>>84243614

Cash is not Rocksteady's OC. Don't know him from the comics, but in his in-game bio it say that he was created in 2003.

I liked Quincy Sharp and the Infected Jokers from Knight. The Arkham Knight really should have been an original character as they promised, but i liked their Under The Red Hood version.
>>
>>84233200
>City
>Asylum
>Orgins
>Knight
>>
>>84243689

I dunno, he can even jump out just some steps close to you, giving you little time to electrocutate his ass. And then you have to run for your life. I liked it.
>>
>>84243636
But Origins had Penguins henchladies (why were they not named Salt and Pepper or Sugar and Spice?) and it had Harvey Bullock.

Gave me BTAS vibes.

>>84243699
>the infected Jokers from Knight
Those were pretty good especially the Business Woman and Johnny Charisma.

Maybe not the boxer. Instead of Joker He just reminds me of what Waylon Jones would look like if he didn't have the skin condition.
>>
>>84243614
>>84243699

Forgot to mention Dr. Young. She was cool, too. I loved the scene where you had to save her from Zsasz, a very "Batmany" moment.

>>84243851

Actually, Croc's and Albert King's (the boxer) bossfights were exactly the same. You made a good observation.
>>
I think they're all good and the fact we got 4 good Batman games is pretty great to have.

I hope the new Spiderman steps up to the plate and is just as good as the Arkham series.

>>84244024
They were but with how they were set up I still prefer Killer Croc's fight. I bought Premium Edition and in doing so I played his mission before I did the Fake Jokers segment.

I wasn't expecting the Old Teacher to be an incarnation of Joker Twists and how that whole scene played out. Pretty neat.
>>
>>84233492
that was before nu Star Wars revitalized his career
>>
File: image.png (313 KB, 334x391) Image search: [Google]
image.png
313 KB, 334x391
>>84231190
OMG fuckin this!

You sir, 5-star post
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 215x234
>>84233318
>red hood
>okay story

Pretty top tier imo
>>
>>84236520
Batman has a lot of aspects, so there are a lot of characters that can be viewed as his opposite:

>Joker
Chaotic, laughs a lot
>Anarky
Pretty much the same minus the laughing
>Riddler
the perfect compliment to the "Worlds Greatest Detective"
>Bane
brilliant, strong H2H
>Scarecrow
Also relies on fear as a weapon
>Wrath and Scorn
look them up
>>
>>84244745
Than you have Bruce Wayne and characters like Penguin and Hush
>>
File: image.png (204 KB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
image.png
204 KB, 960x538
No Jason Todd Robin side story and costume

This game was rushed as shit. I felt that Rockstready definitely rushed all their games

Emphasis on Batman and Joker because it sells games. What a joke
>>
See, what really irks me about the whole Red Hood/Jason thing is how in the Arkham canon he is never brought up once, then when he is revealed they act like he has been referenced before or that it's common fucking knowledge that everyone knows the deal. I guess they were like "only comic fans play the game, so they already fucking know this so fuck explaining him to anyone else."
>>
>>84227611
because fresh new artists think they have much better design sense than those long passed
>>
>>84245242

Jason is mentioned in one of Arkham City DLC challenges, Joker's Carnival: when you pick Robin (Tim), Joker sometimes introduce him saying "Didn't i killed you already?".
>>
>>84227611
I honestly think they did have him be an OC from the start. But then something happened that they were forced to just make him Jason for "fucking reasons." Whether it be WB/DC meddling is up for debate. That or they wrote themselves into a corner somehow and saying he was Jason was their ticket out of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>84245242
Flashbacks to Jason were in Knight before he was revealed as the Arkham Knight
>>
>>84245360

I have the same theory but for Deathstroke and Firefly: WB force Rocksteady to shoehorn them in the game, in order to make more connections with Origins, and that's why both bossfights were kinda shitty.
>>
>>84245360

Source: Absolutely fucking nothing

Why do people not hold creators responsible for their flaws anymore? I swear to christ every piece of shit in the last three years of /co/ was chalked up to some vague nameless higher power who just ruins everything just to ruin everything.
>>
>>84231190
You count Dick in Knight but not in City, and he was notable in City for having the best DLC maps and the best gameplay.

Joker also mentions killing Jason in City, but it wasn't by name so before Knight we weren't sure if Jason was canon.
>>
>>84231338
>implying Black Mask deserved to be the main villain of the game.

You should've known the moment he was mentioned he would not be the main villain of the game. Every other characterization was fantastic, and the twist occurs halfway through, Joker was beautifully developed to where by the end, it makes sense why the title is arlham origins because Blackgate was taken over by the prisoners in the same manner as the asylum, with joker at the head of it all

It was fantastic setup and pay off everywhere, except for Deathstroke and Riddler
>>
>>84245357
I think Hallucination Joker says he lied about the flashback but thats in Bruce's head really.

Way I see it is Joker actually did shoot him, assumed he killed him and dumped the body only for Jason to survive and fuck off to work on his Arkham Knight persona out of Gotham before being hired by Scarecrow
>>
I wonder why they didn't Cassandra, Stephanie, or Damian into the series but instead kept Tim who did jack shit
>>
>>84246315
>Cassandra
>Stephanie
No fuck them. Barbara/Oracle is all you need. Those are the rules as laid out by WB/DC.

At best you get mentions of their parents like David Cain and Cluemaster or Lady Shiva who makes an appearance in Origins.

>Damian
Well....Talia is dead and they never revived her.

I wish those Nightwing and Robin DLC episodes were longer and went into more detail about what happens after Arkham Knight.
>>
Im pissed that AK didnt resolve Clayface, Not to mention we never saw Killer Moth or Maxie Zues EVER in this damn series
>>
>>84246449

Talia's name was in one of the body refrigerators in the morge of Eliot Memorial Hospital, but her body wasn't there.
>>
>>84246449

Or the Ventriloquist. Or Rat Catcher. Or Promoetheus.

They should relase more Arkham Episodes for Knight with new villians.
>>
>>84246526
>we never saw Killer Moth or Maxie Zues EVER
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>84227611
Arkham Asylum and City were the only good games in the series that felt remotely original
>>
>>84246526
Clayface is dead, I guess.

Doesn't he fall into the Lazarus Pit and then all the equipment falls in with him?

How many villains died in these games?

Electrocutioner
Black Mask
Poison Ivy
Joker
Clayface
Raas Al Ghul depending on the choice you made
Mr. Freeze is implied

I'm sure more were killed offscreen

>>84246582
I know it's terrible but I just want more skins.

Cass, Kate and Steph skins for Barb
Batman Returns Catwoman
Long Halloween Catwoman
Jason Todd Robin
Red Robin
>>
Anyone notice the games became less gothic and batman like and more Dark Knight and Returns instead of Beyond
>>
>>84246652
>Not wanting them to get the Rocksteady makeover
Id argue Killer Moth had more reason to be in a game than Electrocutioner
>>
>>84245376
His point was that he's not mentioned in any of the other three games.

City barely had Robin at all if not for the DLC
>>
>>84227957
I honestly thought it was joker lol
>>
>>84246774
>Mr. Freeze is implied

Wait, what?
>>
>>84246041
Dick in City was just challenge maps, he didn't even have dialogue
>>
>>84246582
Rat Catcher is implied to be dead though. IIRC completing one of the riddles in City says that he was killed by Penguin
>>
>>84246882
Hes talking about suicide anon. Nora only had a few hours, a day or two at most, before she would begin to rapidly decline outside the cryo-tank. You really think Victor would stick around?
>>
To this day I'm still infuriated that they made playable Joker a fucking PS3 exclusive.

You can mod the PC version to play as him, but still.
>>
>>84246882
Remember his conversation with Nora at the end of their sidequest?

>>84246888
Real shame.

I think they did a good job with Dick personality wise in Knight.

>>84246946
Either he takes the suit off and dies of temperature or he dies of a broken heart.
>>
>>84240017
Red Hood was borderline mainstream at the point Arkham Knight came out.
>>
>>84246994
A friend of mine was pissed because he watched the Under the Red Hood before playing Knight, so he saw the Jason Todd twist coming.

If he hadn't seen that he never would have heard of Jason
>>
>>84227611
I would've kept the Jason Todd stuff exactly as it was, wouldn't change anything up until the Red Hood boss fight, except having the Arkham Knight shit talk Bruce's failures.
Then have the Knight introduce Red Hood as Batman's biggest.

Would also have the Knight kill Scarecrow eventually
>>
File: U wot Batm8.png (280 KB, 361x198) Image search: [Google]
U wot Batm8.png
280 KB, 361x198
>want to play with other batmobile
>literally impossible because there's no gadgets

Seriously, how hard would it have been to give all of them some tiny pop-up guns functioning the same as the regular ones? It doesn't matter if it's not canon if the other option means it's unusable except for the challenge-maps made for it.
>>
Go ahead and call this a shit idea (because Im not a comic writer), but I was hoping the Arkham Knight was someone Dr Young personally knew and blamed Batman for her death. Like an vet Arkham security guard, either love interest or relative, with military background. If theyd pitch Red Hood from the start, I wouldnt be annoyed by all this
>>
File: Batfleck Arkham Knight.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck Arkham Knight.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>84247115

You can use all your batmobiles during the final free roam, after completing the main game at 100%.

By the way, Batfleck car and suit master race.
>>
>>84247181

I kinda like your idea, that would have been hard to predict, actually.
>>
>>84247181
>>84247227
Also it would have made an interesting twisted mirror moment where Knight is a second generation Bat-man
>>
>>84247199
>Not 89 Batman and His Batmobile
>Not listening to the Batman & Batman Returns soundtracks as you stalk the streets of Gotham
>>
>>84233200
>>84233892
>>84242851
>>84243713
City > Asylum = Knight > Origins
>>
File: 7858547.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
7858547.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
Batman Beyond game when?
>>
>>84247199
>after completing the main game at 100%.

Always the dumbest limiter on skins. Finishing story missions I get, but needing to 100% it is just silly. By that time there's little will to keep playing, because it's not GTA.

If the different cars had been usable during the actual game with added car-specific gadgets ('89 car using the grapnel to go around corners) the game might have actually become GOTY just on the DLC.
>>
>>84247314
I liked the Beyond skin in Knight, it grew on me.
>>
>>84247314

I want Arkham: Beyond in my life, but before that, i want Arkham: Battle for the Cowl (needs a better title, though).
>>
>>84247383
I botched that completely. I meant reaching a point in the story missions, not finishing them. Like when he first gets to the batcave and gets access to all his old suits/cars.
>>
>>84233428
Fucking kek
>>
>>84247181
I would've had the Knight be a vigilante from before Bats's time who resents Gotham and it's people.
A cash reward gets offered for his apprehension, citizens conspire against him, and he gets thrown in the same hidden cell block of Arkham that Jason's in.

In short, the Big Boss of Gotham
>>
>>84247660

So there would have been two Knights: Jason and him?.
>>
>>84248103
No, Jason would appear as the Red Hood working alongside Arkham Knight.
Instead of them trying to fool us into thinking it's not Jason Todd, give us a scenario where we know its him but Batman doesn't.
Batman beats Jason, who disappears.

The final boss would be a fist fight between Batman and the Knight with Batman losing his cowl in the fight.
Knight comes close to killing Bruce but Jason grazes him with a bullet so that Bruce can take the advantage.
>>
>>84229760
Until the Joker popped up, yeah
>>
Anyone else wish Knight had more story missions pertaining to the Batfamily characters? The missions we got were so short, I would have loved to have seen more.
>>
File: 127_-_Shaiapouf_being_weird.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
127_-_Shaiapouf_being_weird.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
40 year timeskip.

Terry Mcguiniss Batman

Space Jail

"Asteroid Arkham"

That's how you fucking escalate a stale franchise!
>>
>>84249006
Thats basically what everyone wanted. If they werent in the main story at the least have them in the side missions against the gotham villains.... even then it was like one mission.

Instead we got fucking tank missions.
>>
>>84233980
Wow. Interesting post!
>>
>>84246916
In the comic Arkham Knight Genesis Jason feeds him to a bunch of starved rats
>>
>>84249496
Why not Escape from Arkham's Bay where you're trapped in space prison with absolute madmen and you kill your way out of it?
>>
>>84247199
>batfleck car
>good
not with that random pair of machinguns mounted as a hood ornament, it isn't
>>
>>84236115
>>84239733
>>84233980

Wow! Great samefagging!
>>
>>84242851
>all new playable characters reuse animations from City (fucking Azrael is a copypaste of Batman).

THAT WAS LITERALLY THE POINT YOU DUMB KEK
>>
>>84227611
They took the Joker hallucination thing way too far, it gets to a point where you can't tell if it's just Batman going crazy from the fear gas or literally Joker's ghost taunting Batman and trying to steal his body. The game isn't bad it's just fucking tedious, everything you do besides stopping the Arkham Knight and Scarecrow seems completely unnecessary and by the time the story is done the side quests just look like some shit they threw in to keep you busy or keep you up to date on upgrade points.
>>
>>84229760

>it was le joker all along
>good
>>
>>84251612
>Men

I was thinking they move on to some of DC's Space Rogues.

Imagine Larfleeze going through human psychiatric therapy.
>>
>>84246774
Killer Moth was killed by Red Hood.
>>
>>84233980
Cool, someone else made the exact same comparisons as me. I also always saw Ra's as his Darkseid.
>>
>>84233597
>>84233668
This. Origins Bane is on pair with his best comic appearances.
>>
>>84246774
Forgot about Hugo Strange
>>
>>84243699
He's from Arkham Asylum: Living Hell. You should really give it a read.
>>
Does anyone here think that the new Jokers were just awful? The premise was deviantart tier, and dor the most part the writing was as well, with the only saving grace be the Henry Adams reveal. Also, the writers dropped the infected city that City set up with a de facto hand wave from Gordon retconning the entire motivation for Batman seeking out the cure in City.
>>
>>84233597
Bane?
>>
>>84227611
Anyone wants to bet that they will announce a suicide squad game at Comic con ? since they mostly announce their games on comic con it looks appropriate
>>
>>84251951
That was the point
>>
>>84243636
What was even remotely similar to BTAS in the games aside from the voices? They feel like the Burton movies meets the comics if anything
>>
>>84227611
Freaking heck, his costume is so freaking cool!
>>
File: 1339555428071.gif (1 MB, 200x118) Image search: [Google]
1339555428071.gif
1 MB, 200x118
>>84228080
>Hack nearby tank
>Weakspot on the back
>Tank moves to deathstoke
>Tank blows the fuck outta deathstroke
>Deathstroke trying so hard to blow up the tank
>Can't
>Weakspot in the back
>Hacked tank beats the boss for me
Mfw
>>
>>84256775
Schway.
>>
Arkham Beyond when?
>>
>>84229760
So true
>>
>>84259253
Never.
>>
>>84256775
Well I know what I'm doing for NG+
>>
File: beta uprising.png (71 KB, 185x234) Image search: [Google]
beta uprising.png
71 KB, 185x234
>>84252743
Fucking when?
>>
>>84254275
We probably won't hear about that until after Arkham VR drops
>>
>>84252270
All arkham games pulled that shit. Its just that Origins did it the best
>>
>>84233919

Lmao it ain't but i heard season of infamy was good fucking shit.
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.