[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS Ultimate Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1024x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1024x437
It's all hype

There's nothing added that would have made the MPAA give it an R rating

There sure as hell isn't anything that makes it worth sitting through an extra 15 minutes of this crap
>>
>>84205556
Do we see Lois Lane's titties at least?
>>
>>84205628
She breastfeeds a retarded guy for like 20 minutes uninterrupted it is surreal even in context
>>
>>84205628

No
That's the one thing I was hoping would be what pushed this cut to an R but no

Not even the extended fight scenes are any more brutal than in the theatrical release
>>
>>84205734
That sounds true.
>>
>>84205734
you clearly didn't understand the biblical symbolism of the scene
>>
>>84205737
>Not even the extended fight scenes are any more brutal than in the theatrical release
There is that one guy who leaves a trail of blood after Bruce throws him into a wall
>>
>>84205753

I'm sure that's what made the MPAA draw the line
>>
>>84205556
Probably Batass
>>
>>84205556
The difference was in the death scene, because the camera stayed on Supes getting impaled for longer.
>>
Why the fuck would he pull the ship, when it'd be vastly easier to fly underneath and lift it?
>>
>>84205817
Just be glad he didn't push it up the hill only to see it roll back down time and time again for 10 minutes, just to drive the Sisyphus metaphor home.
>>
>>84205804
Yeah, that's kind of how they work
>>84205816
This too
>>
>>84205817
Wouldn't finding the exact point of balance for an object that big be really annoying?

Also if we want to get really autistic about comic book physics, the ship hull would cave in around him.
>>
>>84205830
You're not supposed to use terms like that anymore anon. I think you can just say gay.
>>
>>84205841
Isn't it hyperion that doesn't actually have superstrength, but instead he has telikinesis he can only control when in contact with the object?
>>
>>84205841
> the ship hull would cave in around him.

As opposed to a single point carrying ALL the weight and friction not simply ripping off of the tip of the ship?
>>
Having never seen the original version, I can say that I felt vastly satisfied with the Ultimate Edition as a modern Superhero epic.
>>
>>84206010
My condolences.
>>
>>84205734
Hey hey, Clark is just withdrawn, that doesn't make him a retard
>>
>>84205556
>There's nothing added that would have made the MPAA give it an R rating

Rating's aren't just based on naughty words, violence, and sexual relations Anon. Tone, tension, and intensity also play a factor.
>>
Just finished watching the movie for the first time. Now, i didn't watch the regular edition and i've heard a lot of Superman's scenes were missing, but watching the Ultimate Edition i don't see what's /co/ beef with this Superman.

Superman smiled a lot in the first half of the movie and looked apprehensive and conflicted when appropriate, especially during the end when things got really complicated and rough, but other than that he was basically regular Superman. He's the same one from the comics i've known.

It's the fact that in the movie he was more of a silent and shadowy guardian who never stuck around? Because i can see that annoying a couple people. I myself had no problem with this approach. That's something carried from the end of Man of Steel when Superman wrecked the satellite watching him asking for the general to trust him because he was here just to help.

Other thing is that i really didn't see a lot of God parallels, not as much /;co/ and /tv/ like to say and bitch about. The characters talked about God more as a point to illustrate power, including Lex, who recited other god-like figures from myths and religion.

Other thing that i was surprise is that i expected the movie to be riled with plot-holes and there really is none, but then again i never watched the regular edition. I'm going to do this tomorrow to compare the two versions.

I... i also liked the movie, /co/. S-sorry...
>>
>>84206142
The whole Africa subplot with Lois is one giant plot whole that doesn't get resolved in the theatrical. It's really mind boggling how badly WB fucked up the movie just to save 30 minutes.
>>
>>84206072
>Tone, tension, and intensity also play a factor.
This sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>84206183
The MPAA is bullshit. Their criteria for ratings is completely arbitrary.
>>
>>84206158

I'm curious to watch the regular edition tomorrow to see for myself. In this one everything made sense, even the high-tech bullets that i've seen a lot of anons complain about. In this edition too Lois watched when the nuke goes off and Doomsday crash back prompting her to go retrieve the spear, which is a question i've seen a lot of anons complaining as plot-hole.

If the regular edition really fucked things that badly, i don't know what WB was thinking about.

Ignoring that i can see why a lot of folks didn't liked the movie. The first half is more of a thriller/drama and if you cut the Doomsday bit, there's really almost no fight in this movie. I can see a lot of folks getting bored with this.
>>
>>84206031
Nice arguments there buddy.
>>
File: 1467087090378.jpg (108 KB, 1199x672) Image search: [Google]
1467087090378.jpg
108 KB, 1199x672
>>84206142
Hey! I liked it too, anon!
>>
>>84206249

Are you up to discuss the movie? Because i'm excited as fuck after watching this and have no one to talk with. I'm right now searching other cape movie that i've missed. What do i watch first, Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse or Deadpool?

I really liked this Lex. He was a fucking superb master-planner and i loved the new nu-male guru-tech approach, specially with the whole knowledgeable myth buff side to his character. He seemed like a cross between Gene Hackman's Luthor and silver age Luthor.
>>
>>84206205
> I can see a lot of folks getting bored with this.

I wouldn't have minded if there was more dialogue. There were a lot of snappy scenes particularly with Lex. I really enjoyed Afflecks Bruce and Irons Alfred. Honestly, I could've watched an entire movie on Clark doing more investigative journalism too.
>>
File: spit.jpg (425 KB, 954x2770) Image search: [Google]
spit.jpg
425 KB, 954x2770
Was the flying spittle whenever Batman punched someone in the face in the theatrical cut or no? I don't remember and I don't want to download a copy to compare.
>>
>>84206286

>I wouldn't have minded if there was more dialogue.

Definitely needed more down-time banter to make the passage of scenes more easy. The movie was a slow-burner thriller, which surprised me, but with it's length sometimes it can get tiresome despite you attention being drawn to it. And yes, i loved Lex. Reminded me a lot of Gene Hackman, but with a new twist. Specially with the voice intonations.
>>
>>84206205
They nearly completely removed the African lady who was payed off by Lex in the theatrical. She says one thing to the senate and that's it. They don't show KGBeast burning the bodies or Superman showing up destroying the drone, so we're supposed to believe that these people thought Superman shot a bunch of people for no reason. That whole subplot was a disaster in the regular cut of the movie. I actually liked it in the ultimate. It actually demonstrated Lex's manipulation and planning.

Also, just about all of Clark's Batman investigation was cut out for some reason.
>>
>>84206276
Deadpool,civil war and apocalypse
>>
File: homer running.gif (380 KB, 333x260) Image search: [Google]
homer running.gif
380 KB, 333x260
>>84206276
Another anon here, I also watched and loved the movie but I'm kinda tired of discussing it after seeing a fuckload of retarded shit on /tv/.

Lex was probably one the best modern villain I've ever seen, but I'm not really sure how evil were his intentions.

A lot of the time all he was trying to was to show how one can't really rely on superman because he's neither omnipotent or wholly good. At the same time he was trying to locate more metahumans to protect earth.

I'm pretty sure he was expecting bruce to steal that information the whole time.

This Lex is also way more dangerous than his normal iteration because here he has gotten a good chunk of kryptonian knowledge from Zod's ship, and that's fucking scary.

He also seems to have played the insane acting on purpose to be judged as mentally ill.
>>
>>84206310
>just about all of Clark's Batman investigation was cut out for some reason.

I was wondering why the fuck Clark even gave a fuck about Batman. Seemed so random in the original cut.
>>
>>84206276
Deadpool and Civil War, doesn't matter which one first.
Pretend DOFP was the ending of X-Men.
>>
>>84206310

>They nearly completely removed the African lady who was payed off by Lex in the theatrical. She says one thing to the senate and that's it. They don't show KGBeast burning the bodies or Superman showing up destroying the drone

Seriously? That's integral part of the plot. I can't believe this. Couldn't they take, like... several other smaller scenes? Do they show the general acknowledging that the military didn't wanted to touch Lex?

>>84206311

Thank you. I'm excited to see the first two. Lots of people said they were fun and the reviews are great.

>>84206323

Lex wanted to keep tabs and have power of the meta-humans, but he really couldn't accept Superman for the way he acted. He couldn't deal with the benevolent god act because that reminded him too much of his father who played the nice guy and good father for the media, but was really a bastard who used his power to do fucked-up things.

The Doomsday thing really came as a back-up plan on the spot, after Batman stole the kryptonite.
There were also several hints that someone in the military helped him with a lot of stuff.
>>
>>84206364

I'll live X-Men for the last, thank you.
>>
>>84206248
The arguments are the same for both versions. So why repeat?
Good for you, enjoying the almond in the pile of shit.
>>
>>84206205
The TC really shafted Clark/Superman. I was really disappointed by the film but once I saw the UC I found more weight to the ending. Still not a perfect movie. Still think they blew their load with JL cameos and Doomsday. But overall it's a solid film now.
>>
>>84206310
I'm still trying to figure out what Lex's goal was. I thought it was to build anti-kryptonian weapons and gain access to the ship and its tech (which he achieved). But pitting Batman and Superman against each other didn't quite fit with that as much as I wanted it to.
>>
>>84206368
>he really couldn't accept Superman for the way he acted
More like he couldn't accept the way that people saw him, they were putting too much trust into someone that's by nature a dummy and actually pretty vulnerable.

The Doomsday part was him trying to create a kryptonian he could control, which was why he used his blood.
>>
File: 1419882423307.jpg (30 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1419882423307.jpg
30 KB, 500x387
>>84206379
There were never any arguments anon.
>>
>>84206387

I'm conflicted about the Doomsday bit. The movie would be a lot more concise and maybe less controversial if it ended with the Batman vs. Superman fight. Batman go to save Martha and Superman apprehend Lex, ending the movie, but then the movie wouldn't really be an action movie. It would be a thriller, which is extremely odd for a movie named Batman v Superman.

I mean, if you take Doomsday the only real fight is the last fight between the titular heroes and the whole movie is a mystery that builds to a crescendo. It'd be odd.
>>
>>84205556
Yeah, they solved pacing, but it's still the same movie in the end.
>>
>>84206400
His goal was to destroy Supes in reputation and life. Batman was Plan A, Doomsday was Plan B. His ego lead him to believe he could control Doomsday.
>>
>>84206400

Lex wanted to have power over the meta-humans, with the help of the gov, but he also wanted to really kill Superman. Everything goes according to plan, despite him being opposed here and there and having to tie his loose ends.

Shit start to get bad when Batman steal the kryptonite. When that happens he can't just let Batman go and decide to pit Superman against Batman, to expose Superman's bullshit. He also didn't had in Batman. He thought that Superman would kill Batman coming with his head and that then Doomsday would end Superman.

Then Doomsday surprised the shit out of him by trying to punch his ass and by then he was fucked. Then he went desperate and started to go on a study binge to gain some power, any power, and that's when the Darkseid shit come up.
>>
>>84206400
His goal was to show the world that Superman shouldn't be trusted.

>they need to see the fraud that you are

He and Batman ultimately had the same motivation in the movie, they just went about it different ways and Bruce ended up realizing what a dark path he was headed down, seconds away from killing this guy who's lived on Earth his entire life just trying to help people when he can.
>>
>>84206420
True and agree that without DD there wouldn't have been a lot of action. Maybe what I meant was I could've done without the death.
>>
>>84206420

they were planning to use Metallo which would've made more sense for a weapon supposed to kill superman but then it would've taken even more time to build his character.
>>
>>84206420
>>84206469
Scratch that. Now I'm really hoping for Supes to come back in a triumphant way.
>>
>>84206473

I think i can see the skeleton of that idea in the movie, because while it's treated as a mystery the movie pretty much tells you that Lex had help.

The army knew that Lex sold mercenaries in the region to test high-tech weapons. The army send the drone to strike the place drawing Superman even with the CIA agent saying he could extract Lois on foot without problem. The general from Man of Steel didn't wanted to give Lois the time of day and later told her that the CI were investigating of people's involvement in that region, thus the CIA agents, but couldn't be cited as a source because nothing could come out of it. Lex told Superman that "they" were circling around Superman without success until he showed up and decided to use Lois as a bait, Lex pretty much told that he could make everything go away before the Doomsday bit and even after he knew that he wouldn't face jail time.

So Metallo could have fitted nicely.
>>
>>84206435
Yeah okay that makes sense.
>>84206453
Ok, I'll buy that.
>>84206466
Ok, so similar to the two above.

Thanks guys, I really needed to clear that up.
So Lex wants (a) control over metahumans (b) destroy Superman in both rep and life.
>>
>>84206505
The scene in the scout ship after the BvS fight. Lex says, "I don't hate the sinner. I hate the sin. And yours is existing." This is pretty much classic Lex Luthor, who has the upmost contempt for Superman.

Then again that was established on the rooftop scene when he said the problem was Superman above all.

Seriously, I thought the way that entire scene played out was brilliant. Yeah, Eisenberg's voice gets a little high at times but he has a clear motivation. His hatred for Superman.
>>
>>84206505

Lex first plan, in my opinion, was to kill Superman himself with the government help using the legally transferred kryptonite.

Then the senator fucked him blocking the kryptonite shipment, forcing him to illegally send the kryptonite over. It was only then that he used Wallace to create the hearing and clean his hands of everything, because the senator could fuck him...

... but then Batman stole the kryptonite, which he was going to use, forcing him to pit Superman against Batman and use Doomsday to finally off Superman.

Darkseid was plan C.
>>
Am i wrong or Lex only found Batman and Bruce Wayne were one and the same because of KGBeast?
>>
>>84206575
He said on the rooftop that he'd be manipulating Bruce for nearly 2 years. It seems at the start of the movie he already knew both of their identities.
>>
>>84206593

He says that Batman hate grew for two years.

The only thing tying is the returned checks. I think that the wheelchair guy only entered Lex's radar after vandalizing Superman's statue. I need to check if the wheelchair had the checks laying around his house in the previous scenes.
>>
>>84206575

giving that Lex has been monitoring batman and superman for the last two years and the batmobile drives into a lake which is close to the wayne mansion, I don't see how anyone with enough resouces couldn't have find out.
>>
I see people "apologizing" for this atrocity, as if Superman actually saving people saves abomination that is this movie's Lex Luthor.
>>
>>84206142
A lot of people liked it anon don't let some people who keep going REEEEEEEEE NOT MUH X change your opinion.

>>84206202
This truth.
>>
What's up with that guy
>>
>>84206639

Can you take a shot of wheelchair guy's desk right before he goes out to vandalize Superman's statue?
>>
I really think wheelchair guy should've been the last boss as Metallo, it'd fit perfectly, it even seems like they were setting him up for that but it got scrapped to include doomsday
>>
>>84206500

I can even see the wheelchair guy becoming Metallo but I guess they thought Doomsday is better suited for a trinity fight.
>>
>>84206645
>>
File: ultimate capekino.jpg (89 KB, 1022x768) Image search: [Google]
ultimate capekino.jpg
89 KB, 1022x768
I need this in the highest resolution possible.
>>
>>84206759
If nobody else does, I'll upload it when I get to it. Just at the Batman fight.
>>
>>84206759
>>
>>84206759
just wait for Br release
>>
>>84207018
I wouldn't, there's too much hue.
>>
>>84205556
there were two fucks so you are wrong objectively about the mpaa, that said its awesome
>>
>>84206142
How do you feel about Lois being made worthless yet being forced in?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.