[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does it annoy anyone else that Justice League's "A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: betterworld_league2.jpg (37 KB, 640x306) Image search: [Google]
betterworld_league2.jpg
37 KB, 640x306
So does it annoy anyone else that Justice League's "A Better World" was a better 'Justice League turned evil' story then Injustice was? Sure we didn't see the transition, but at least the turning point for Superman made way more sense.
>>
>>84205100
Injustice was a freaking fighting game
>>
>>84205113
The Comic you dingus
>>
>>84205120
It was still beholden to the vagaries of the game.
>>
>>84205100
How can the Justice League turning evil because the Flash got shot make more sense that Superman turns evil because Lois got killed and Metropolis destroyed ?
>>
>>84205100
The Injustice comic was never expected to be good.
>>
>>84205161
The Justice League turned evil because Luthor become president and put millions of lives in danger. And he was about to destroy more and he taunted Superman in the process. Flash dying was simply the plot point to defeat the Justice Lords.
>>
>>84205100
>the Flash gets killed doing his job
Makes more sense than
>Lois getting killed and an entire city destoryed due to villains going uncheck
>>
>>84205186
lol guy, see the episode recently? The League turned because Luthor became president and made things go to shit, risking millions of lives. Superman killing Luthor was the start to a rolling snow ball.
>>
>>84205113
The game did a way better job of making it seem like he fell from grace rather than flip flop from psycho to moderate randomly for five years
>>
>>84205215
So basically the same. I honestly dont see the difference. Both worlds went to shit after Supes finally put his foot down at villians doing what they want.
>>
>>84205221
The comic was doing a good job of it before Buccelato took over and started jerking off over how pure Batman was.
>>
>>84205259
It's the scope of it. A single city versus the entire world in danger and a villain who was still capable of doing more at the time. Superman acted on a moment where he had no options in the cartoon. In the comic the joker was in custody already, Superman could've gotten harder on Joker by perhaps crippling him, or forcing the justice system in gotham to reform. But Luthor at that moment needed to be stopped in the only way he could at that moment.
>>
>>84205182
okay then
How that a better excuse than the Joker just killed millions, was unrepentant and would probably kill more, AND KILLED LOIS AND HER UNBORN BABY?
>>
>>84205344
Joker was in custody and there was no more present danger. Superman has time to think and mullen out before killing someone.

Luthor was still at the helm of his plot and about to kill more. Superman had no other options.
>>
>>84205100
>talks about A Better World
>posts image from a different episode
scrub
>>
>>84205374
>>84205311
Luthor basically taunted Superman, saying to take him to jail because he'd get out and fuck things up all over again.

I don't think he had his finger on the button at that point
>>
>>84205374
But one scenario has Flash dying and Superman having time to plot out his attack. The other has Superman being tricked into murdering his wife and unborn child with his own hands and then killing the Joker in the heat of the moment.
>>
File: 1442109159639.gif (555 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1442109159639.gif
555 KB, 300x300
Remind me again: why was Superman in the wrong for killing Joker?

>guy destroys millions of lives in an entire city, including Lois Lane and her unborn son
>courts basically plan to let him walk because Batman says he's not responsible for his actions
>somehow being angry at this makes you mega-hitler
>>
>>84205120
And? It was a shitty video game tie-in by an awful writer with some of the laziest art on the market based on a fucking Mortal Kombat-tier plot.

It isn't a surprise in the slightest that the version made by good writers is better.
>>
>>84205100
I fucking love the fact that their costumes are almost all the same theme
>>
Whose idea was the forearm and ankle rings for everyone, canonically?
>>
>>84206597
>Remind me again: why was Superman in the wrong for killing Joker?
To set up Injustice
>>
>>84205100
Wait when did justice lord flash appear? I thought he was the spark that set off superman into killing Lutur?

And didn't they have the prime earth's costumes until they went full lords?

And why kill Luthor anyways? Supes could have grabbed him and threw him in the phantom zone.
>>
is connection error over?
>>
>>84205100
That's because you're comparing a story written by people who wrote a show about the justice league.
To a story written by the mortal Kombat guys who were just 'like what if superman was like evil LMAO' without realising how bonkers you have the make that reality to accomodate him not being put down.
>>
>>84206655
Where him and zod would put on the poltara earrings and fuse and come back even more powerful and psycho.
>>
>>84206681
>t. retard who hasn't read Injustice
>>
>>84206695
>Injustice makes sense

I get it's hands are tied getting to the videogmae but if anything it proves my point more how much shit has to fail/not exist/job/been evil all along or go full retard for supers not to lose.

>MM jobs instantly when he could have ended it on his own
>Ignore the fact I'm manipulating you hal and slip on my yellow cock ring
>Batman's sick plan as to not kill clark
>Spectre is evil
>Operation magic goes full retard
>The gods fuck off after tearing him a new asshole because superman's has to win
>No mind controlled doomsday you cant end it now
>The flash resides with the regime after clearly seeing and agreeing superman is evil
>>
>>84206651
He was wrong for waiting about it and then doing it. If he had done it in the heat of the moment no one would have gotten too mad at him. At worse batman would be concerned because he knows how reserved how tight a leash clark keeps himself on and would actually help him grieve.
>>
>>84206655
Those weren't the real Justice Lords

Those were constructs that Lex and Brainiac created to keep the League busy and fuck with their heads a bit
>>
>>84206607
Should have gone full mortal kombat and have revenge ghost and cyborg turning people into robots.
>>
>People on /co/ honestly having a hard time understanding the difference in execution between the Justice League cartoon and Injustice.
Christ.
>>
>>84205100
>at least the turning point for Superman made way more sense

No it didn't. The whole team going bad just because Wally got shot in the face (when they've lost people they were actually close to without going grimbad, for example Supes watching Dan Turpin get Darkseided) is completely retarded.

That Wondy and Bats didn't immediately attempt to groundpound Supes into submission when they came upon the White House weenie roast was even worse.
>>
>>84206750
I think a major problem with a lot of this recent stuff is that they've pretty much caught up to the game but still have a year of comics left to do. And since the sequel is coming they probably need the comic not to kill anyone major or destroy anything important since they might be using it in the second game so theyre kind of just stuck.
>>
>>84206750
>MM jobs instantly

So it's just like Justice League
>>
>>84205100
>thinking that NRS of all western gamedevs is capable of a good stoey
>>
>>84206597
Because killing is bad, you retarded edgelord
>>
>>84206597
I personally dont think he was
However, he definitely was in the wrong for everything he did after that
>>
>>84205100
>Justice Lords
>Evil
they were right though, people with power have the moral obligation to rule and defend the earth whatever the cost
>>
File: needs a name.jpg (96 KB, 549x454) Image search: [Google]
needs a name.jpg
96 KB, 549x454
>>84206607
>>
>>84206583
But it feels like the split between him killing Pres Lex fit the character more. After trying to keep humanity in control of their destiny he sees that they aren't responsible enough for it and changes
>>
>>84205186
Lois dies in Injustice cause her Superman doesn't really want to be a daddy, he just says that. Remember, that Superman can hear every single human on the planet BREATHING. So he HEARD Jimmy Olsen's labored breathing as Jimmy's body died from Joker being shot. he HEARD his baby's momma get kidnapped, heard her being put into surgery, getting operated on, begging for help, etc etc etc.

All of Injustice happens because Superman REALLY doesn't want to be a daddy of a half-Kryptonian half-Earthling. Superman wants to REMAIN the strongest, bestest strongest snow flake on the planet.

And he gets the bonus of fucking Wonder woman all he wants with Lois dead, and the bonus of no longer having to patrol metropolis. Instead, he just coasts around, doing what he wants, and giving the D to wonder woman. All while making Batman and Joker look responsible for it all.
>>
>>84206597
Wrongo.

Superman killed Lois, their baby, and Metropolis.

Even that weak ass Superman in Injustice could hear every single human on the planet BREATHING. He knew Jimmy was getting shot (and then dieing), he knew Joker had Lois, he KNEW they operated on her, and he knew it was her that he found and fought and killed. He knew she was wired and a SLOW (compared to him) ass radio signal would get sent out.

Face it. Injustice Superman wanted Lois to die and liked that Metropolis would be ruined. He wanted a change, and he got it, all while letting Joker take the blame.
>>
>>84205100
Well, Injustice was bad. The only people who enjoyed injustice were edge lords and people who had no idea about the characters. And even those two groups have complaints. That's how bad Injustice was.
>>
>>84209954
>>84209899
That's some nice headcanon you got there.

It's a shame no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>84206597

To give Batman a reason to oppose him. He was not in the wrong. But DC stands for Batman. It's what gives them money since the Nolan Trilogy.

Even if Batman himself stopped being interesting a long time ago.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.