[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>every Green Lantern from Earth is American Why is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Green-Lantern-Corp.-DC-Comics.jpg (357 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
Green-Lantern-Corp.-DC-Comics.jpg
357 KB, 1600x800
>every Green Lantern from Earth is American
Why is this allowed? There are, what, 6 Earth GLs, shouldn't there be at least one from China? Or India? It made sense when there was only Hal, but this is absurd.
>>
>>84188616
John Stewart is all the diversity you need you fucking racist.

But yeah, I think the GL in Batman Beyond was Thai or Chinese.
>>
>every Green Lantern in Sector 2814 is from Earth
>>
>>84188616
There was a leprechaun GL, does he count as Irish
>>
This always pisses me off actually. I mean really they couldn't go to an actual Muslim majority country for Simon Baz for example? (Yeah I know the 9/11 part of his origin and muh fear of Muslims wouldn't work but that was hackneyed anyway.)
>>
Wasn't John chosen for being nearby Hal?
Is Guy Gardner an American?
I know Kyle started as an attempt to walk that back, he was the only Green Lantern anywhere for a time
>>
>>84188705
>why aren't aliens represented??
>DC is xenophobic
>no equal employment opportunities for "aliens" in DCU
>>
>>84188616
They may be American, sure, but they have diversity in race.

0. Alan Scott - Caucasian.
1. Hal Jordan - Caucasian.
2. John Stewart - African-American.
3. Guy Gardner - Caucasian.
4. Kyle Raynor - Hispanic.
5. Simon Baz - Middle Eastern.
6. Jessica Cruz - Hispanic.
7. Kai-Ro - Asian.

But, I do agree, it's odd that the ring would constantly choose individuals from America, considering our planet is so massive.
>>
M'URRICA
>>
>>84188725
Guy and Hal were both qualified but Hal was closer to the ring

The guardians picked John themselves to be Hal's backup after Guy got hit by s bus

And Guy and Kyle were both American
>>
File: John Stewart Origin.jpg (238 KB, 650x949) Image search: [Google]
John Stewart Origin.jpg
238 KB, 650x949
>>84188616
The ring search for the closest source of willpower, so it's not too unrealistic that all the GL are from America
>>
Because it's the only country worth a damn on this rock
>>
>>84188775
Home of the brave!
>>
Wasn't there a German chick?
>>
>>84188755
Charlie Vicker was also a white guy
>>
Why not do an arc where all human lanterns go awol and a weird alien has to step in and protect Earth
>>
>>84188835
I also forgot about Jediah Caul.. He's a white guy from Earth, right? Or did they just not say anything about him?
>>
>>84188814
Land of the REEEEE
>>
>>84188755
Actually I forgot about Kai-Ro, he's from Tibet. So one non-American Lantern.
>>
>>84188950
I thought he was an alien
>>
>>84188898
What other species are there in the sector other then martians only other nearby planet I can think of is Krypton and even that was in a neighbouring sector
>>
>>84188814
>home of the brave
I think you just cracked the code pal
>>
>>84189142
Is bravery really the same thing as willpower though
>>
>>84189230
When it comes to "overcoming great fear" it probably helps a little.
>>
>>84188616
THE RUSSIAN ONE. YOU ALWAYS FORGET THE RUSSIAN ONE.
>>
>>84189036
The one that Abin Sur was from?
>>
>>84189348
Oh yes of course.

I wonder what sector Starfire is from
>>
Why are there even so many earth GLs? I tought they were chosen by sector?
>>
>>84189036
Guardians have to borrow an alien from another sector
>>
>>84189473
Star fire is from Vega where Lanterns aren't allowed.
>>
>>84189502
First there was Hal with Guy as his backup (and Charlie got picked before Guy iirc but he got sent to a different sector), then Guy got hurt so John was the backup. Then the GLC kind of imploded and Hal quit so it was John and Guy, but Tomar Re died and John got his ring and Hal's ring went back to Hal

Then Emerald Twilight happened and Kyle was the only GL because reasons

Then GL Rebirth happened and Hal and John were the 2814 GLs, Kyle and Guy got promoted to honor guard so they weren't part of any sector

THEN a bunch of dumb shit in the New 52 happened, Kyle became a white lantern and Guy went red, Hal was promoted to GLC leader and John was the new Kilowog and that left Simon Baz as the only 2814 GL

Then some more shenanigans happened and Jessica got a GL ring and the book literally said "lol I dunno why there's so many earth GLs!" so if the comics flat out say they don't care then I guess neither should we
>>
>>84188705
>>84188752
>All life in our Solar System is from Earth
What the fuck, universe?
>>
>>84189645
>Then the GLC kind of imploded and Hal quit so it was John and Guy

Hal wanted to marry Carol so he quit the corps. Ironically, a few issues later Carol gets kidnapped by herself and turned into the masculine dominatrix of the 90's. He basically quit for nothing and only got his ring back through dumb luck.
>>
>>84189777
>He basically quit for nothing and only got his ring back through dumb luck.
That's the story of his life

>Hal quits the JL so they can blame their problems on him
>Hal kills himself to reignite the sun, Batman is still an asshole
>Hal quits the GLC so they can blame their shitty reputation on him, except the entire GLC disappears so basically he gave up everything for literally no reason and only gets his ring back because reasons
>>
>>84189845
Hal just wanders into tragedy.
>>
>>84190910
You joke, but it's true. Until the 80's he wasn't allowed to have anything going for him other than beating the shit out of villains. His personal life was a mess and he had to take strange jobs considering his background as a fighter pilot. Insurance collector, toy salesmen, big-rig trucker and for a while he just didn't even bother with a job and fucked off to space. When things finally start looking up, the Guardians tell him he's being selfish by only protecting Earth and exile his ass from Earth for a year or risk being fired.
>>
>>84190965
I was being serious. Hal suffering has been a major part of just about every run I've read with him in it.
>>
>>84188796
>America

>Willpower

Most of us can't resist fast foods for two consecutive days.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.