[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney Diamond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 51LYba1WwmL.jpg (60 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
51LYba1WwmL.jpg
60 KB, 385x500
What are your opinions on the Diamond Editions? Are they worth having? Which ones ar ethe best? Worst? Which ones do you want to see?
>>
>>84187442
Black Cauldron, with the deleted scenes. Sell it as horror if they have to.
>>
I don't know about Diamond Edition, but I jus want A Goofy Movie on fuckin Blu-Ray, it only has a bare bones, full screen DVD release.
>>
>>84188054
Not happening. They're just going to pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>84187442
Whether they are worth having varies from movie to movie. Typically, you'll want to look up reviews and screenshots of any given release before buying it. There's a few movies where they fucked with the video in some way. (Usually either messed with the color scheme or smear the linework like it was put through a photoshop filter) Though that's mainly with the older films. Any movie that came out in 1995 or later should look good on their blu-ray releases.

Stuff like bonus features also varies from movie to movie with some having a fuckton of bonuses and others having practically none. Beauty and the Beast is being released again in September and it's actually going to have less bonuses than the last blu-ray release of that movie.
>>
>>84188175
>Beauty and the Beast is being released again in September and it's actually going to have less bonuses than the last blu-ray release of that movie.

Wtf, have they said why?
>>
Basically anything that isn't from the Xerox age got good touch-ups for blu-ray release, while the line art in the Xerox movies got cleaned up way too much. It looks like they went through a shitty smoothing filter. Also, all of these are out of print now, and they moved on to a new edition naming scheme last year with Snow White's rerelease, so you might as well wait through this next cycle.
>>
>>84188244
What's the new edition naming scheme? wtf is up with Disney and their releases
>>
>>84188054
I'm surprised they never made a two pack of that one with its sequel. They were doing a lot of those with other movies a few years ago.

But yeah, the only way to get Goofy Movie is to either buy a 4:3 dvd release from 2000 (Still in print apparently) or download it from itunes.

>>84188199
The last blu-ray was a two disc set. This one will only be one disc and half the bonuses are being made exclusive to their Disney Movies Anywhere app. I think it's just a quick cashgrab release to tie in with the upcoming live action film.
>>
>>84188280
There's a small list of Disney movies that have "Disney Vault" status, which you can look up on wikipedia, and once they're cycled though in limited re-releases they start back with Snow White. It's now the Walt Disney Signature Collection line.
>>
>>84188421
Makes no sense to me why they still do this in this day and age where we have the internet.

>I want to buy Lion King
>It's in the vault? What the hell does that mean?
>Well I can just get it from Amazon
>A used copy is $80! Shit!
>Fuck this! I'm just going to pirate it

Disney doesn't really have anything to gain with this system anymore.
>>
>>84188421
Do you knwo if it's any good? Are ther eany differences from the Diamond line?
>>
>>84188517
The new Snow white blu-ray has all the bonus features from the diamond edition, which I thought were pretty good, and then some throw-away new ones that last maybe five minutes each and include disney channel stars. If you missed the diamond edition its worth it. They basically just repackaged the movie.
>>
>>84188892
sweet
>>
Is there like, a set schedule for when things go back in the vault? I still need to pick up The Little Mermaid.
>>
>>84188336
>cashgrab
Joke's on them, I'm gonna pirate that shit.
>>
>>84190884
Pretty sure they make a set number once they come out of the vault and once they're gone they're gone.
>>
>>84191042
It's even worse. Once they put something "back in the vault" they recall all the unsold copies and just hang on to them until they "take it out of the vault" again.

Artificial scarcity at its finest.
>>
>>84188892
If you're a fan of special features get the Diamond Edition. If not, get the new one.

But mind you, many features from the Diamond Edition have been reedited or cut out. and that will happen with many new releases of this cycle. (exp. Beauty and The Beast) You may have access to the SF on the cloud, but it will not be a guarantee that it will stay there online for good. While with the earlier editions, you can be safely assured that no one could pull a fast one on you; because you own the shit on disc.
>>
>>84191540
same anon

>many features from the Diamond Edition have been reedited or cut out.
CONTINUED:
in the new editions.

For exp. Snow White.
Diamond Edition (2009): 2BD's
Walt Disney Signature Collection (2016): 1BD
>>
>>84188421
>>84188498

Disney is so fucking out of touch and that policy of "the vault" was just so fucking douchey and shit anyways.

Is like they have contempt for their fanbase
>>
File: en-003.png (215 KB, 356x343) Image search: [Google]
en-003.png
215 KB, 356x343
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.