[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Young Justice S3: "possibility very real"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
File: YJ.jpg (32 KB, 420x225) Image search: [Google]
YJ.jpg
32 KB, 420x225
What are your thoughts on a possible S3, /co/?

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/young-justice-season-3-possibility-very-real-says-greg-weisman

>TLDR: if enough people watch the show on netflix for a sustained period of time, Netflix may be interested, which is a more viable strategy than relying on toy sales.
>>
>>84183000
yes please.

anything besides this chibi garbage we're getting with TTG! and JL:A!
>>
just binged this show on netflix myself.

very comfy show tbqh.
>>
garbage show
>>
File: Zatanna.png (79 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Zatanna.png
79 KB, 400x300
let's not forget YJ also had the most attractive female in all of /co/.
>>
>just watch it on Netflix
>it'll come back :^)
>>
>>84183000
Season 2 was terrible

Season 3 would be worse because they'd just introduce even more characters to the team and do fuck all with them except maybe one or two. So there would be a huge bloated cast and all of the emphasis would be on the original 6 (minus Wally who is dead)
>>
File: wally.jpg (38 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
wally.jpg
38 KB, 500x300
>tfw we'll never get to see Supercharged Wally come back from the speedforce

>tfw no more Aqualad badassery

>tfw no more Connor learns to use his TTK

>tfw no more Static and Longshadow
>>
>>84183116
This. I also hated how some characters didnt even talk like plastic man and hawkman etc.
>>
I WANT BLUE DEVIL TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING GREG
>>
>>84183116
S2 was bloated but handled the extra characters nicely imo

The only ones who felt like filler were
>Wondergirl
>Tim
>Batgirl

Everyone else had a decent character arc of their own.
>>
>>84183155
well, the show isn't really about the Justice League. The non-speaking roles were just to show the "depth" of the league.

JLU (the only other show to have a league of this size and so few seasons) was guilty of this as well, I might add.
>>
>>84183000
best on-screen version of all sidekicks except Wally West, which doesn't really count since JL Wally is a different age.
>>
>>84183000
Oh boy, clickbait regurgitating the same old info from before.

>>84183030
JLA ain't chibi, anon.
>>
>>84183152
Weisman said there is no Speedforce in his YJverse

Wally's dead. Conner doesn't get TTK, all telekinesis belongs to M'gann
>>
>>84183236
>The only ones who felt like filler were
>Wondergirl
>Tim
Being an actual Young Justice member from the comics is suffering
>>
>>84183000
>Weismen
>3rd season

never going to happen. he's got gypsy curse on him
>>
File: static-shockCc.jpg (121 KB, 600x912) Image search: [Google]
static-shockCc.jpg
121 KB, 600x912
I just want to see more of static in the show
>>
>>84183236
>Implying that Rocket, Bumbleebee, Mal, Lagoon Boy, Sumimasen, and El Dorado weren't complete wastes of space
>>
File: tumblr_mfae74qwmJ1r037glo1_1280.jpg (200 KB, 787x579) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfae74qwmJ1r037glo1_1280.jpg
200 KB, 787x579
>>84183414
They had plans for him. Tim would've built his flying disc thing, for instance.

>>84183415
Lagoon Boy was bro-tier. He put up with M'gann's bullshit like a champ.
>>
So just how many kids do you think died in that episode where children and adults were put into separate realities?

I mean imagine how many kids suddenly found themselves in speeding cars that suddenly didn't have a driver or were on an airplane when the pilots just vanished?
>>
>>84183441
yeah and they totally had the Black Lightning mentor connection there in the S2 finale.
>>
>>84183475
>unborn children were ripped from their mother's wombs

the dark side of YJ
>>
Why is this still a thing? Let it die, seriously.

I'd be only interested in it if Speed Force gets confirmed.
>>
>three years later
>people still think it'll comeback
You fuckers are hitting Firefly fan tier
>>
>>84183116
>Implying Wally won't get a rebirth
>>
File: fsY0kq5u.jpg (235 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
fsY0kq5u.jpg
235 KB, 1252x1252
>>84183089
If you mean her VA, then yes.
>>
>>84183515
idc what Weisman said in the past about speedforce not being in YJ.

He ALWAYS planned on bringing wally back AND giving him a power boost (thus all of the shitting on his slowness throughout S2).

Speedforce, by that or any other name, was definitely planned for S3.
>>
>>84183532
At least Firefly got a movie
>>
>>84183532
Firefly got that movie though.
It wouldn't be ideal, but I'd be down for an ultra condensed hour and a half wrap up.
>>
>>84183000
>If you keep buying my shit the show might
come back, just, uh, make sure you keep the money coming guys.
>>
I want this meme to end and I was the faggots who liked this meme show to kill themselves.
>>
>>84183532
Three years is nothing, particularly when people still whine about shows that have been gone for far longer.

>>84183551
Source?

>>84183570
He gets none of the money, WB and DC do.
>>
>>84183475
I think about this a lot too. It was only a few hours but what about kids who were taking baths or playing outside by that creek near the back yard.
>>
>>84183000
I'm cautiously optimistic. If a third season ends up happening (and honestly I'd like to hear someone OTHER than Greg talk about this), I'd prefer something like season 1 than season 2.

I like seemingly one--off episodes that feed into a larger, over-arching plot more than the season-long continuous arc thing because the second option doesn't leave much room for character growth and development and ends up having most of the episodes feel same-y because of the focus on a single long plot.

Cut down the number of characters - no more than 7 or 8 in the core group, and you could have the rest show up every now and then.

Don't bring in a ton of new characters, you already have like 20 teen/YA heroes, work with those.

More out-of-uniform stuff! I'm a sucker for the whole dual lives thing - if they have secret identities, show us how they work. What are they like when they're not saving the world? The team has a ton of frankly bizarre members, and you could have some interesting exchanges (people accept, say, Megan's and Connor's quirks because they know their unique origin, but how would ordinary folks react to these fish-out-of-water types).
>>
For fuck's sake let it go. It wasn't even that good.
>>
>>84183353
>Weisman utterly fucks up the basic canon of any DC universe

Unusual, generally he's borderline autistic about staying true to the spirit of the original, if not the details.
>>
>>84183679
I dunno, I can understand it since Speed Force is a blatant plot device that can very easily become cheap and cause plot holes.
>>
This is some Otaku tier faggotry.
>Buy our shit that you don't want so that you might get the thing you actually want. Probably not. JK xd
Fuck off.
>>
I can't get behind young justice all the drama is so forced

Which is weird because I actually like the flash TV series

Compared to the justice league it just isn't good
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 598x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 598x455
> Have Flashes on the show
> Kill one of the fastest ones for being slow
> Insist there is no Speed Force

and why would I support this hack again?
>>
>>84183732
Again, he literally makes no money from fans buying YJ stuff.

Also, most of the support is just watching the show on Netflix, which is free in the first month and is less than 10 bucks.
>>
>>84183732
>buy
He's literally asking you to watch it a bunch on Netflix, which is where I'm sure most people watched it anyways.
>>
>>84183116
Don't forget every thing important to the character's growth and story happens between seasons with a time skip.
>>
I still find what happened to Young Justice fans with the SMGo crowdfunding to bring it back fiasco.
>>
File: smgo-yj.jpg (65 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
smgo-yj.jpg
65 KB, 640x449
>>84184557
Seriously, try to look at this image and not laugh.
>>
>>84183000
It was good until mother fuckers grew up and it became a soap opera about kid flash laying the dick down on Artemis
>>
>>84184570
It's gets funnier every time I look at it
>>
>>84184570
I remember when this first started up and people were actually hopeful that they'd make it.
>>
>>84184570
So what happened to the money?
>>
>>84186442
Either it gets funded or there's no money
If it gets funded, I assume who ever is in charge will give it to WB and pay for the most expensive commission ever
>>
>>84183000
Of all the canceled early 2010's shows, why'd they have to save one of the worst?
>>
>>84183650
A shit ton of babies would have died. Think about all the babies who were being carried who would have been dropped.
>>
>>84183353
Weisman is wrong, the speedforce is an integral part of the multiverse
What we saw was clearly speedforce shenanigans
>>
>>84186690
Babies don't count as people until they're about a year old
If they were being carried they would have gone with the parents
>>
>>84183000
trips confirm, it'd be amazing.
>>
>>84183000
Well, its still trending on Netflix and I'm doing my part. I'm doing my part.
>>
>>84183353
I call bullshit! Speedforce is a Multiversal force!
>>
>>84183000
been watching the show, mostly to get a Season 3 it's um pretty cringey but still goood

my only gripe is how shitty Miss Martian is, whats the point of her not being MM's niece?

and why did Roy go by Red Arrow and not something original if he wanted to not be known for being with Olly anymore
>>
>>84187376
I thought M'gann actually was J'onn niece in this

And that instead of White Martians being villainous, they're the oppressed minority on Mars
>>
>>84183441
Cucked like a champ.
>>
>>84183515
Flashfags are cancer
>>
>>84183000
Just let it go /co/

Let it go

It's been years now...It's over.
>>
>>84184570
That wasn't official though. Just some nerds that overreacted.
>>
>>84183551
there's no speed force in YJ?
>>
>>84187702
found it

lol who let this guy near any DC property
>>
>>84183089
>comic book Mystique
>Iris from CW Flash
>Wonder Woman
>mohawk Storm
>and last but not least mai waifu Cheryl Tunt
>>
>>84187730
>i cant have variety in my super powers they must all be mutants
>>
>>84187730
Well now we know why earth 16 was retconned lol
>>
>>84183000
Of all the shows canned in 2012/2013 this is the least one I want back.
Tron Uprising
Green Lantern The Animated Series
Motor City
Sim-Bionic Titan
They were all better shows.
>>
>>84187770
Cheryl is best Archer.
>>
>>84187730
>there will never be a Strength Force or a Shape-Shifter Force

Fuck everyone
>>
>>84187815
>Green Lantern The Animated Series
>Motor City

Kek, good one.
>>
>>84187843
Superman represents a metaphysical heroic ideal, much like the speedforce represents movement and action in the comic book medium
>>
>>84187863
You really shouldn't advertise your shit taste so boldly.
>>
>>84187901
Is having shit taste a bannable offense?
>>
>>84187901
They were both generic as fuck. GL had a fan-fiction-tier romance complete with OCs and the latter was generic as hell and was only saved by visuals.
>>
>>84187730

This is the dumbest excuse I've ever read.
>>
>>84187770
You forgot Felicity
>>
>>84187843
Well there is the Red from which Animal Man, Vixen and Beast Boy draw their powers. That's kind of a shape-shifter force

Of course based on that quote from Weisman he'd just say that BB is a mutate
>>
>>84183089
>>84183547
I'd go for either.

>>84183353
Speedforce is multiversal, shut up shut up shut up.
>>
>>84183547
Live action JL: Dark with her as Zatanna never.
>>
>>84187730
>where does Superboy draw his strength from

Uh... the sun?
>>
>>84187930
Creating OC in Green Lantern is bad how? I'm sorry they weren't strictly faithful to Geoff Johns' rainbow fanfiction, but I felt they did an excellent job incorporating elements from the whole history of Green Lantern while also managing to tell their own unique story, a story that I enjoyed.
It got kind of dumb with Aya taking over the Antimonitor shell however
>>
File: Flash-Vol.-2-97-1994.jpg (953 KB, 1215x1283) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Vol.-2-97-1994.jpg
953 KB, 1215x1283
>>84183679
>Unusual, generally he's borderline autistic about staying true to the spirit of the original, if not the details.

that is the original flash concept. speedforce proper was only introduced in the 90s. before that there was no spiritual force giving flashes their power, just a scientific accident. like the rainbow corps, it's a relatively new idea that was shoved into so many stories that they are now treated as inseperable.
>>
>>84188142
>It got kind of dumb with Aya taking over the Antimonitor shell however
Her reasoning for it was dumb as fuck too. Glad she's dead
>>
>>84188142
That spoiler was what bothered me the most. They cut down a potentially interesting story with the Anti-Monitor just so we could get the horrible romance shoved right on our faces.

Hearing about what we were going to get in season two made it even sadder we couldn't just skip straight to Sinestro Corps, Blackest Night, and other planned stories.
>>
>>84183570
>come back, just, uh, make sure you keep the money coming guys.

Actually Greg worked for free on most of the production of YJ and YJ Invasion after the scripts were hammered out. So he probably doesn't get any actual remuneration for most of his labor costs. It was more like volunteerism.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.