[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Release a line called Ultimate Collection >Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: tmp_12800-11495233-1604965060.jpg (91 KB, 318x447) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12800-11495233-1604965060.jpg
91 KB, 318x447
>Release a line called Ultimate Collection
>Don't include every issue
>Split up one of the popular arcs between two volumes
>>
Not even the worst offense
>>
>>84167305

"Ultimate" Collection
>>
>>84167305
I don't get it
>>
>>84167330

Original vs Ultimate
>>
>>84167305
>>84167321
>>84167360
What am I not seeing here?
>>
>>84167321
Oh holy shit, why? Why do that?
>>
>>84167330
It was a two post comparison, I'm guessing it's how they removed the shading in the Ultimate Collection. I'll admit it's an odd thing to do but it's not the worst and could be worse.
>>
>>84167066
>Don't include every issue
That's because they legally can't. A lot of the Volume 1 issues were done by guest artists, and the rights to those issues belong to them. Most of those were alternate universe tales and/or crap anyways, so nothing is really lost by not including them. IDW did release at least a few of the worthwhile guest issues in a different collection.
>>
>>84167388

It can get pretty bad. It looks like a coloring book at some points.
>>
File: abstract.jpg (2 KB, 92x125) Image search: [Google]
abstract.jpg
2 KB, 92x125
>>84167066
And why do you think that is, OP?
>>
>>84167066
Volume 1 got a "guest era" which is not canon (at least most of it). Only issues drawn and/or written by Eastman and Laird are canon. Some issues from the guest era are really cool like The River story arc others are trash like Spaced Out! story arc.
>>
>>84167066
I want a collection line with everything included:
1. All of the main series.
2. The guest era.
3. Tales of the TMNT spliced into the series in the proper chronological order.
4. The Image volume with the based fan issues that make it fit into new canon.

Alas, it shall never be.
>>
>>84168758
I just want collections that aren't the $50 hardcovers. I'd love thick cheap paperback collections like what Dark Horse is doing for Usagi Yojimbo
>>
>>84168758
>4. The Image volume with the based fan issues that make it fit into new canon.
It seems that the Image run will be reprinted soon. The fan issues won't be reprinted for obvious reasons. I don't like them. They're trash.
>>
>>84167368
>What am I not seeing here?

The Ultimate editions don't include the duo tones. They used the wrong master files for printing; essentially the unifinished artwork.

Proper quality control would have caught that. IDW's reprint department is notoriously incompetent, though.
>>
>>84168798
Definitely. As much as I want all the stuff I listed, I would be very happy with a simple collection that just doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.
The guest era being included would be nice and reasonable too.
>>
>>84168847
Bummer. What about the Black & White Classics trades?
>>
>>84168930
>Bummer. What about the Black & White Classics trades?

The Classics line is colorized, not in the original intended black and white. All the Tales trades are like that, too. And Souls Winter.

It wouldn't be so bad if the colorists weren't hot garbage, getting ethnicities wrong, coloring bare hands like gloves, getting costume colors wrong on characters who appear with their proper colors on the covers, making everything look like sunsets all the time...

They're awful to look at.
>>
>>84169017
I know that Classics, Tales Of and The Works are in color but what about The Black & White Classics (4 trades)? Is it the same b&w reprints than the Ultimate collections?
>>
>>84169368
>The Black & White Classics (4 trades)? Is it the same b&w reprints than the Ultimate collections?

Yes. Except without the extra commentary stuff from the Ultimates to make them a better value. Also, I think the Black n White Classics only go through, like, issue 11 while Ultimates have made it all the way through City at War.

They use the same master files, so you're gonna be getting randomly missing duo tones regardless of which avenue you take.
>>
you all are better off picking up tmnt the works collections

i like the black and white better but these color is pretty sweet reminds me of the old recolored editions pre IDW colored ones
>>
>>84169423
Ok thanks. The B&W Classics collection is issues 01-11 (minus 8) and the 4 micros.
>>
>>84168798
>>84168896
>tfw own v1 (signed by Eastman) and v2
>bought them on sale for $20 apiece at old LCS
>too cheap to pay full price for the rest
FML
>>
>>84170125

First 2 volumes are great. Volume 3 has all of Return to New York, but missing a few issues before that.

It starts going down hill with Volume 4, with a huge gap in issues, removing shading and splitting up a big story arc in two.

I haven't bothered to pick up Volume 6 since then
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.