[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was there a ghost of Pa Kent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-28-18h51m17s189.png (776 KB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-28-18h51m17s189.png
776 KB, 1916x796
Why was there a ghost of Pa Kent?
>>
Because
>>
>>84162651

To fast track Superman learning that saving someone will never be good enough and will most likely harm someone else. He just had to find someone worth saving.
>>
>>84162666

shut up mom
>>
>>84162651
Both superman and man bat were having delusions the entire movie. They seem mentally unstable
>>
>>84162651
Zack "Hack Attack" Snyder
>>
>>84162677
So he can come to terms with not being able to save everyone, every action has a consequence, and you have to learn to live with that no matter what. You're gonna carry that weight until you find someone that can share that burden, make it feel not so heavy any more, son.
>>
Because it's setting up for a Deadman movie.
>>
>>84162873
This
>>
Because Snyder wanted to make a movie that ran on dream logic and metaphors, but fucked up the execution.

He wanted to make Excalibur and ended up with Exorcist 2.
>>
>>84163398
>saw the exact comparison in an earlier thread
Wasn't clever then either
>>
Snyder saw the cut ending of ASM2 where Peter talks to his dad's ghost, and liked the idea.
>>
Well done, Invincible Son...

HOWEVER
>>
>>84162873
But muh all star superman
>>
File: Denis-Leary-Amazing-Spider-Man.jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Denis-Leary-Amazing-Spider-Man.jpg
53 KB, 600x300
>>84164514
Spider Ghost you say?
>>
File: peter don't.jpg (31 KB, 479x532) Image search: [Google]
peter don't.jpg
31 KB, 479x532
>>84164514
>>84164567
Don't forget about ghost uncle Ben
>>
To teach that actions have consequences. You have to make sacrifices because in today's world, even the fictional ones, logic reigns supreme. Superman is not the do-all representation of american pride anynore. He's just a powerful man trying to do the right thing. Remember perry white's line "maybe you could make a difference if this where 1938" the year superman debuted. The entirety of the movie is about how peoples' perception of superheros clashes with our modern attitude of gritty reality. If superman saves everyone with his colorful costume and ice breath, its unrealistic and corny. If superman doesnt save everyone, he's a failure. BvS is a discussion of superhero necessity, morality, and their perception to the public
>>
>>84162873
dude
>>
Because killing your supporting cast is a dramatic crutch and cripples your story of future character interaction, so hacks like Snyder need to bring back dead characters as dreams and delusions.
>>
>>84162651
Superman was able to communicate with him using his aura vision!
>>
>>84162651
The tornado that launched him didn't quite reach Oz.
>>
Having a character talk with a dead character to get through an emotional issue is incredibly common, and I don't understand why the autists here are having a problem with it. Either nobody here watches movies outside of capeshit or you've just decided to hate literally every single scene in the movie, but to not recognize the trope immediately is pretty inexcusable either way.
>>
>>84162873
But why a fucking ghost? I thought this universe was supposed to be grounded in realism?
>>
Because sometimes you need to drown horses
>>
>>84168661
Why can't you have both? I mean, a fully realistic universe is impossible because of Superman already, so why not add a few other things while keeping it as realistic as possible?
>>
>>84168777
Because ghosts aren't fucking real. Yeah, I know, Superman isn't real either, but he's an alien from a super advanced civilization across the universe. That's the premise. This is just Deus Ex Machina.
>>
>>84168661
Nah, magic will be introduced in Suicide Squad.
>>
>>84168817
Why can't ghosts be real in this universe? There's already magic and metahumans. Even the soultaker sword. Are ghosts really that much of a stretch? Plus it's Superman so it could be explained by some sort of super vision where he can see the dead.
>>
>>84168661
>>84168817
>>84168931

This is autism, right? or some sort of meta-trolling, right?

Y-you guys aren't dumb enough to actually think Johnathan was a ghost, are you? You legitimately don't understand that it's just a memory/ Did you guys actually think Ra'as al Ghul's appearance in TDKR was him legitimately being alive? Do you watch movies, like, ever?
>>
>>84168661
A WITCH is the villain in Suicide Squad bro.
Anything can be made to feel realistic as long as you take it seriously and don't let it be silly.
>>
>>84169116
>Y-you
Stop this. You're a grown man.
>>
>>84168910
It's already been introduced. Wondy's sword, gauntlets, and shield.
>>
>>84169138
It expresses incredulity, m8. As in, "I second-guess myself in thinking that you may be this stupid."
>>
>>84169116
I know that's what it meant to represent, but I kind of want Superman to be able to see ghosts as a power, since he has a lot of different "vision" powers in various iterations.
>>
>>84169139
And the lasso. I liked Wonder Woman in the movie, but I don't know if it will work for her solo movie. Think she can pull it off?
>>
so does he actually use the term hero cake
>>
>>84169197
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>84169169
Are you a Superman writer circa 1965?

>>84169197
I think she can. Whether or not it will happen is up in the air, but I think she has as good a chance as any.
>>
>>84169274
Carl pls
>>
>>84169278
>Are you a Superman writer circa 1965?

I can be if you want me to. I've been writing a few stories, but I'm not sure where to release them or how to show them to /co/ without it being blatant advertising.
>>
>>84169116
>Did you guys actually think Ra'as al Ghul's appearance in TDKR was him legitimately being alive?

Y-you mean he wasn't? This is a guy who does specialize in immortality.
>>
>>84169672
I haven't watched TDKR. What's the context of his scene?
>>
I guess I'll ask here, could someone explain what happened in the dessert?

Superman stopped the drone attack from the CIA which was gonna kill a lot of people in the village, yet people are shocked (including the CIA soldiers) that Superman supposedly killed all those terrorists after stopping an attack that was supposed to destroy the village anyway?
>>
>>84164535
He did learn this on All-Star
Try harder next time
>>
>>84171334
Lex's guys burned bodies with a flame thrower to emulate Clark's eye beams.
>>
>>84162651
Because he died, you dumbass.
>>
>>84162873
Clearly they didn't share enough of the burden since Pa Kent An Heroed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSvUcBpwWZk
I'm ok with this
Not everything has to have a logical explanation
A little bit of magic/surrealism doesn't hurt
>>
>>84162651

To redeem Pa Kent's portrayal in MoS.

That was my favorite scene in the movie because it explained John's reluctance to let Clark be a hero in MoS, but still showed he was still Pa Kent
>>
>>84164612

>"Peter, I know that the whole point of my speech was that if you have the ability to do something you should, but conveniently losing your powers isn't an excuse to quit."

Fuck SM2 for this shit. I HATE how it gave Peter a copout to quit. It completely misses the point; There is no choice for Peter to quit being Spider-Man if he conveniently loses his powers!

FUCK i'm still mad
>>
>>84162651
fuck off back to /tv/
>>
>>84169162
No one gives a shit, it comes across as needy.
>>
>>84162651

Solar Radio-Consciousness. Superman is a higher order being and can intentionally see the World Between the Walls which humans can only occasionally glimpse. This extends to his soul-sight, which is in fact an inversion of his so-called "heat vision", which is not a projected ray of heat and light but rather the inverse of the soul-sight, which in another, bigger universe peopled by bigger gods, the dark man named "The Omega Effect".
>>
>>84173470
Peter realized that in the end though. "I will always be Spider-Man. Even when I can never be."
>>
>>84173470
The loss of Pete's powers were just mental blocks he subconsciously placed on himself. If i remember right, he didn't experience problems with his powers until his Spider-Man persona caused him to hit a breaking point with MJ.
>>
>>84162651
At least he isn't reading the script off a diaper or some shit.
>>
>>84173382
>but still showed he was still Pa Kent

KILL THE HORSES
>>
>>84175590
This.
>>
>>84169301
Pls what? It doesn't matter.
WB will pull a Sony and orchestrate a narrative where anyone that dislikes the movie is sexist. Snyderfags will insist that anyone that doesn't see it is an idiot. The writing is already on the wall. It doesn't matter if Gadot is terrible or good, because the loudest voices will be screaming she's utterly brilliant, and they'll drown out any actual discussion.
>>
>>84175466
Th-That's the joke, y-you fu-fucking autist.
>>
>>84164567
>don't you fuck my daughter boy
>keep your sticky hands off her boy
>don't you squirt no webbing up in her boy
>>
>>84176745
tfw no needy stuttering gf
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.