[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone remember a really dark take on the marvel universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 17
File: t-rexwolverine.jpg (31 KB, 429x397) Image search: [Google]
t-rexwolverine.jpg
31 KB, 429x397
Does anyone remember a really dark take on the marvel universe? It had all of these really unorthodox and far-fetched designs for classic characters. For instance, the punisher was an accountant or something
>>
>>84159596
do you have a better description than that?
>>
Oh shit i just found it this is a fucking goldmine
It called the "Timeslip universe":
https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5394686.html
>>
>>84159719
I especially like the 200% increase in ayy lmao for the silver surfer
>>
>>84159719
>scans daily in 2015
yikes
>>
File: p10_zpsdkjmvrxx.jpg (666 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
p10_zpsdkjmvrxx.jpg
666 KB, 1280x1920
>>84159719
Well, that was weird.
>Daredevil
>filesize: 666 KB
>>
>>84159957
what?
>>
File: Ayy.jpg (132 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.jpg
132 KB, 683x1024
Jeff Smith's SILVER SURFER, who...I...what? This version is apparently so mind-altered by (another?) Galactus that he even forgets how to be loyal, and kills his master...only to be forced to supplant him, becoming the new destroyer of worlds, using Galactus' old ship to "slice" through the fabric of space. I suppose Jeff Smith must have been busy drawing BONE and couldn't spend as long designing as he did painting...I'll give him this, though, at least this version of Norrin 'totally' Radd looks somewhat more alien.
>>
File: BREXITMAN.jpg (241 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
BREXITMAN.jpg
241 KB, 683x1024
Matt Smith's (no relation) CAPTAIN BRITAIN, a "perfect man" beyond fear or self-doubt.
>>
File: Colossus.jpg (378 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Colossus.jpg
378 KB, 683x1024
Greg Scott's COLOSSUS, the "hammer and sickle of the Communist state", and only now as I actually read these pitches do I realise how unsettlingly bad they are at race relations. Oh, the 1990s, eh?
>>
File: Doctor OCTOPUS ... GET IT.jpg (283 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Doctor OCTOPUS ... GET IT.jpg
283 KB, 683x1024
John Totleben's DOCTOR OCTOPUS, from a world where Otto was denied his funding and the waste byproducts of his radioactive experiments were dumped in the ocean and caused horrifying mutations, eventually spreading to humanity and starting a post-apocalyptic fish-people future. This is still, of course, better than anything Dan Slott ever did with the character. By several miles.
>>
File: Give Him a Boyfriend Already+.jpg (127 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Give Him a Boyfriend Already+.jpg
127 KB, 683x1024
Keith Giffen's CAPTAIN AMERICA, "a reflection of the glitz and glamour that is America"...
>>
File: Just Like my Japanese Animes.jpg (367 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Just Like my Japanese Animes.jpg
367 KB, 683x1024
Kevin Lau's ELEKTRA, because "Hey! Kids love anime! Kevin, you draw anime, right?". This Elektra escapes death by constantly switching bodies, which could be an interesting take for...a different creative team.
>>
File: PUNISHER.jpg (465 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
PUNISHER.jpg
465 KB, 683x1024
Frank Teran's PUNISHER, whose major difference is in being a timid accountant inspired to justice by his murdered family becoming "statistics", vowing to keep a record of the scum he kills in his little logbook. He also...wears a gas mask, like on the cover, and fights demons? It seems like Teran wanted to spice up what seems like a slightly boring pitch for a, let's face it, already-boring character.
>>
File: Quicksilver.jpg (358 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Quicksilver.jpg
358 KB, 683x1024
Vince Giaranno's QUICKSILVER, who is Magneto's slave and is Quicksilver. Like, he's literally made of Quicksilver, guys. I can't stress this enough.
>>
File: RIIIIICHAAAAAAARDS.jpg (297 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
RIIIIICHAAAAAAARDS.jpg
297 KB, 683x1024
John Paul Leon's Dr. DOOM...
>>
File: SCARE ON.jpg (323 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
SCARE ON.jpg
323 KB, 683x1024
Phil Hester's HUMAN TORCH (Jim Hammond), another one I'd read, even accept in the 616 (though continuity seems less and less important these days...perhaps I'm just getting older). Probably they'd have to *not* go with Kreuger's rejiggered origin story, where the Torch's creator is Jewish, having "wept and gagged on the air of his burning people for too long...he would fight fire with fire." (Bolding not mine.) Almost but not quite as bad as that time DC literally created a villain based on Zyklon-B.
>>
File: Shadow Realmer.jpg (108 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Realmer.jpg
108 KB, 683x1024
Dennis Callero's DR STRANGE, an obvious choice for a "Magic: The Gathering" artist; this version is humbled not by his master but by spending time as a homeless 'vagrant' after his accident (while also having the money to...travel to Tibet to meet the Ancient One?)...
>>
File: SKELETOR.jpg (338 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
SKELETOR.jpg
338 KB, 683x1024
Glenn Fabry's GHOST RIDER, Dan Ketch, who is the single law-enforcement officer on Route 666, Hell's Highway.
>>
File: Spidey.jpg (209 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Spidey.jpg
209 KB, 683x1024
Mike Allred's SPIDER-MAN, who "gives brainy kids a bad name", apparently by ruining his aunt's ceiling...
>>
File: Stark.jpg (384 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Stark.jpg
384 KB, 683x1024
Guy Davis' IRON MAN, though presumably just post-living-in-a-cave (WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!) version...
>>
File: The Thing.jpg (254 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
The Thing.jpg
254 KB, 683x1024
So, let us thrill at Kelley Jones' THE THING, from a reality where the Four hijacked the rocket they were riding from a government base, for no stated reason. Krueger's notes simply state "It's got to freak them out" while also making us feel sorry for poor Ben...
>>
>>84160618
I see Doom decided to join Space Marines.
>>
>>84160646
Not gonna lie, that's kinda awesome pitch for Ghost Rider. Tweak it a little and you cn have a pretty awesome run.
>>
>>84160579
>By several miles.
Miles. Nautical miles.
>>
>>84160626
>Using a real photo from the holocaust

Geez Phil
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.