[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did X-Men The Last Stand / Dark Phoenix Saga go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Dark Phoenix.webm (2 MB, 1276x524) Image search: [Google]
Dark Phoenix.webm
2 MB, 1276x524
Where did X-Men The Last Stand / Dark Phoenix Saga go wrong?
>>
How was Xavier alive in Days of Future Past when he died in this movie?
>>
>>84156444
Bryan singer
>>
>>84157003
He didn't die though
>>
>>84157003
after credits scene shows he transferred his mind to a coma patient

he uses his powers to make him look like he used to be to others

just bad luck he was crippled again
>>
>>84156444
Including the Phoenix to begin with. There was basically no way they could make it work while still keeping it within the movie's more "grounded" setting. You pretty much have to go full cosmic and include space shenanigans to make the Phoenix work properly, otherwise it just comes across as a big power boost and a split personality.
>>
>>84157597
>otherwise it just comes across as a big power boost
It's something that needed to be set up at least one movie ahead of time. And I don't mean the phoenix shadow under the water in X-2. The Dark Phoenix Saga isn't about the explosion, it's about the fuse
>>
I like X3 more than X2.
>>
>>84157003
This is the new timeline after Wolverine changed it.
>>
>>84156444
Pushing a shit portrayal of Wolverine as the focal point for this whole fucking franchise.
>>
>>84157667
I think X3 is definitely worse than X2, but I also think X2 actually isn't a good movie to begin with and I've never understood why it's so popular.

I think the first one may be the most underrated one. It has less characters and it's really lacking in visual punch but it's the most coherent movie in the series.
>>
It wasn't a MCU film so critics hated it
>>
>>84157014
>it's Disney forgot to tell its shills to check wikipedia before making the company look bad episode
>>
I kinda knew it was going to suck when the first thing they did was kill off Scott. Then when Prof. X died I confirmed it and embraced for a shitty ride
>>
>>84158562
Scott dying was terrible all around, but I didn't mind the professor's demise.

Would've been nice to see the professor have his time and see how people move on after he passed. Something that can't really be done in comics.
>>
>>84156444
Brett Ratner
>>
>>84156444
Implement the Cure as a major part of the movie because some dickhead scriptwriter hated Phoenix

Killed Cyclops and nobody cared.
Killed Xavier and brought him back in the aftercredits sequence.
Instead of the Firebird and Fiery eyes they hinted at in X2, it's just Dark Jean with black eyes.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.