[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you remember when South Park was still considered to be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 480x360
Do you remember when South Park was still considered to be a clever, daring, thought-provoking show?
>>
I just wish they'd kill the continuity, it seems like it's always the sign of the end for a lot of series.
>>
>>84140468
I watched seasons 18 and 19 for the first time the other week. And I to agree, it seems the effort to keep things continuous killed screen time for what could have been better jokes.
>>
>>84140451
That warcraft episode was great
>>
Never
>>
South Park is from the 90's and it shows, it's not aging well at all.
>>
They've been doing things that I enjoy, and there's another game coming and I wanted a game about the kids playing superheroes since the first one. It's going to be great and there's nothing you guys can do to convince me not to have fun
>>
>>84140623
Why do people make post like these?
>>
>>84140673
because they can have fun and enjoy themselves
>>
>>84140623
Agreed, guy!
I appreciate them trying new things like continuity and more games. I believe that even though not many people get as butthurt about what they address anymore, its still a good satire and deeper-meaning thinking medium
>>
>>84140468
they really need to stop directly referencing things, it ages the show like milk. Mel Gibson in Imaginationland? That will always be funny. Snooki? Not funny at all and you knew it the second the episode aired that it wouldn't be funny in 6 months, which makes it less funny in the episode.
>>
>>84140673
They feel an attack on a thing they enjoyed is an attack on themselves and are required to defend it.

The same way I feel forced to answer rhetorical questions with pseudo-intellectual half-nonsense.
>>
I used to watch South Park alot when I was, like 12 or something, but I grew older I lost interest in the show and now I simply can't stand it.

I wonder if it's or the show that has changed
>>
>>84140689
What's that got to do with this topic?
>>
>>84140468
It's barely continuity, they're just referencing things from the previous episode. I thought season 18 was the worst because of this. I didn't think Randy being Lorde was that funny so I also didn't think it was funny the next six times. And in season 19 it was never referenced so they still don't have continuity.
>>
>>84140693
For the longest time every episodes just seemed to be two things from popular culture combined. The movie ones were the worst. It's like they had no creativity except to exaggerate a new film.
>Inception and hoarding.
>Thor and thanksgiving
>Human Centipede and Apple
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.