[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you watch a movie in the style of Alien where the Xenomorph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Would you watch a movie in the style of Alien where the Xenomorph was replaced with Batman and the spaceship crew were a gang of criminals?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>84137850
Will he still face hug and burst out of chests?
>>
>>84137850

Fuck yes.
>>
Oh man, if you watch it in super slow motion you can see that he's actually crawling upside down on the ceiling.

Fuck, that's rad.
>>
>>84137850
You mean one where Batman rapes the girl with his bat-dick?
>>
>>84137850
Sounds like a backwards Riddick
>>
>>84137850
That's the raddest shit I've ever heard.

Batman should be shot as a horror film where the monster lurking in the shadows just happens to be the good guy.
>>
>>84138157
Well, that is how Batman operates right? Using terror as a weapon to dissuade criminals. Funny how it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>84137850
Now that scene was way stupid.
>>
>>84138167
The problem is that kind of movie would need to focus on the criminals.
>>
>>84138183
Yes? And?
>>
>>84138181
>A literal scene perfect for a batman movie
>Stupid
You deserve garbage
>>
>>84137850
>kabe-don
>>
File: Commissioner_Gordon.png (394 KB, 543x480) Image search: [Google]
Commissioner_Gordon.png
394 KB, 543x480
>>84138035
>God dammit Batman - I said The Joker
>>
>>84138167
It's because most portrayals of Batman end up focusing pretty heavily on the Bruce Wayne side of things.

We could do with a Batman film where we never see Bruce Wayne. Ramp up the mystique of the character instead of humanizing him, the audience should be on his side but also more than a little bit scared of him.
>>
I want to see a scene where Batman clears a hallway of goons in one shot whilst Bat outta Hell by Meatloaf plays
>>
>>84138226
>the audience should be on his side but also more than a little bit scared of him.
Perfect Batman.
>>
>>84138183
Batman has cool and widely popular criminals.
>>
The fact that the viewer knows that Batman (most versions of him, at least) doesn't kill would take a lot of the tension out of it. "The main characters might be beat up and put in prison by the monster" isn't nearly as exciting as "the main characters might be brutally killed by the monster"
>>
File: Batman - The Dark Knight.jpg (73 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
Batman - The Dark Knight.jpg
73 KB, 500x706
>>84137850

Yes.
>>
>>84137850
It would be even better if the movie was not advertised as a batman movie at all.
In the end of the movie one guy escapes the monster that killed everyone else.
After that it's revealed that the monster is batman and the last guy only survived to tell the tale.
>>
>>84137850
Pretty sure that's a plot of a Brave and the Bold episode but with heroes instead of criminals.
>>
>>84137850
Sure, but the problem would be stretching it out over the space of 2 hours. Batman is quick and efficient so unless he's taking out an entire apartment complex full of goons he'll be done in about 4 minutes. Might as well just watch Dredd.
>>
>>84138905
Batman still tortures senpai. They could play on that.
>>
>>84137850
only if snyder directs it because then i'd know for certain their lives are in mortal danger
>>
>>84139886
Yeah, this wouldn't work as a full movie.

If they did some kind of anthology Batman film made up of shorter pieces this would be a good segment. A 20-minute story of some criminals pulling off a heist, going back to their hideout to celebrate, and then the horror begins for them as they're picked off and hunted.
>>
>>84139921
The Bat of Manslaughter would just blow up the building their in, then shoot whoever comes out, criminal or not.
>>
>>84137883
>Robins pop out of bad guys' chests
>>
>>84138237
Goddammit, I want this now too.
>>
>>84138183
Throw in a guy in the gang who isnt really a bad person, just down on his luck and with poor judgement. Have him be our main eyes into the setting so to speak. That could justify having most of the main cast be complete scumbags, if it needed justifying that is.
>>
>>84138905
Maybe they could do some shit where you follow some sympathetic goons who know if they get thrown in jail they aren't coming back out. Could also play with the threat of their boss killing them off for failure if it's one of the more psychotic Batman villains.
>>
File: 4936292-man-bat.jpg (274 KB, 1280x632) Image search: [Google]
4936292-man-bat.jpg
274 KB, 1280x632
>>84138905
What if Batman isn't the only thing stalking them? What if some of them get attacked by something else like Man-Bat whose currently roosting in the building they're in?

Imagine that? You think the "monster" is Batman for a while, then suddenly Man-bat out of fucking nowhere and now batman has a real fight on his hands.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.