[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: Psychonauts-VR-Gameplay.jpg (49 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Psychonauts-VR-Gameplay.jpg
49 KB, 600x338
Apologize
>>
>VR shit
>After years of begging

No, fuck you Tim you greedy piece of shit.
>>
>>84129316
A proper sequel is also coming out. This is just to resolve the cliffhanger.
>>
>>84129303
New Psychonauts? Where?
>>
>>84129303
fuck you 3.3MM

go suck anitas nigger cum filled snatch
>>
SOMEONE POST A SOURCE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
>>
>>84130239
It's called Pschonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin. It's some small VR game meant pick-up where the first game left off and set up the sequel better.
>>
>>84130239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=070QBj-1fFw
>>
>>84132029
>That opening

....Huh. Why is there no art of Raz having uncontrollable erotic fantasies of Lilli and Milla and being embarrassed because he can't hide them from them and Milla is trying to tell him it's perfectly normal for boys his age and Lilli is just embarrassed?
>>
>>84133881
That would actually be cute in a weird way.

Tim is too much of a hack to explore pre-teen boys going through puberty though. I'm worried because I loved Psychonauts when I was younger, but Tim has changed, and not for the better. Really not for the better. I wouldn't be surprised if both games suck horribly gameplay-wise and is full of the characters insulting all the people Tim hates and glorifying him and his indie game studio. And once it bombs, he will blame everyone around him and go into a rant about it being [x]'s fault.

It will be the most disgusting yet humorous thing seen at E3.
>>
>>84133962
I get the feeling Milla sees it often enough that she just laughs it off, and makes sure boys know the difference between reality and fantasy. She'd probably get annoyed if an older guy devoted any length of time to it aside from an initial flash when meeting her, though.

As for Tim... Broken Age Act 2 was the day Double Fine died for me.

I'm open to Psychonauts 2 changing my mind, but I doubt it will. Celebrity voice overs does not a great game make.
>>
I don't get why people keep giving Tim Schafer chance after chance, I mean, yes, Psychonauts was good and Brutal Legend was pretty funny, but everything else has been disappointment after disappointment.
>>
>>84133962
>Tim is too much of a hack to explore pre-teen boys going through puberty though.

The closest we got was Sasha accidentally probing his dad's brain and finding all the sexy memories of his ma.
>>
>>84134196
And for some reason he ran away after thar.
>>
>>84134058
Act 2 was that bad?
>>
>>84129303
Oh shit, I'm sorry
>>
>>84132029
Wait so the second game is going to be VR shit or is this just a promo?
>>
>>84135661
It's a VR fill-in between the first game and the sequel, which won't come for a long time.
>>
>>84136583
Fortunately, funding for the sequel has already been funded. Once the sequel ACTUALLY gets funded by the funding for the funded, then they can fund the sequel and and fund the game.

Then, if all goes well, he'll have enough money for a demo. THEN he'll start the funding campaign for the actual game.

Then he'l give us an obvious beta and say that it was because they didn't have a good budget. Then he'll make us pay for updates and DLC.

Then he'll start funding for the funding for the funding of a third game. Then the funding for comic line. Then the funding for a movie. Then a cartoon.

And about 97% of all of this goes directly into his pocket.
>>
>>84134058
>>84136636
Yeah, no, fuck Tim.

Honestly, I got into game development because of my love for Level 5 and Double Fine specifically.
I never finished my learning of Nippon, so Level 5 is pretty limited for me, but I really did want to work at Doublefine years ago when I started.
They all seemed to be really into the production of their games and the creativity was so inviting.

But no, they had to go and be absolute shit.
>>
>>84135661
Congratulations on being an uninformed, ignorant idiot.
>>
>>84136636
Hello, /v/.
>>
Reminder that Doublefine throws annual free rave parties instead of working on videogames.
>>
>>84138296
Are you salty they didn't invite you this year?
>>
>>84133881
I really don't think Tim has the talent to pull that off.
>>
>>84138303
No. But they did have Phil "Suck My Dick Choke on it" Fish as a DJ.
>>
File: lit.jpg (40 KB, 363x355) Image search: [Google]
lit.jpg
40 KB, 363x355
>mfw I liked Broken Age in spite of it's development problems

I ain't gonna deny Tim and company nearly shat the bed and I'm sure some of that had to do with Ron Gilbert leaving the company after making one game with them. I quite liked the finished product.

The Kickstarter showed Tim isn't great at budget management. Hopefully he learned a lesson and has someone other than himself doing oversight.
>>
>>84138411
Spacebase DF9 was the one that really soured my view on Doublefine.
>>
>>84138411
>liking videogames
You are not allowed to enjoy things!
>>
>>84138424
I never heard of that till after the fact. I should look up the full story. Stacking being kinda meh showed me that DF doesn't shit gold and that I should approach their projects with more measure expectations.
>>
File: sad robbie.jpg (387 KB, 2464x1648) Image search: [Google]
sad robbie.jpg
387 KB, 2464x1648
>>84129303
I'm a bit sad I will never buy into the VR gimmick (or buy a PS4) so I won't get to experience this first hand. Hopefully there will be a commentary-less play through on youtube one day.

tfw you probably won't be able to see Lilys' polka dot panties in this or the sequel
>>
>>84129303
>can't even finish a game with ample amounts of time and money
>expect a good game with vr elements added

It's weird AAA developers and really small indie groups seem to handle development costs okay, but the bigger indie developers seem to be unable to make a decent game, or make one at all, if their lives depended on it.

It's better than nothing.
>>
Source of screenshot?
>>
How is this /co/ related again? Easier to find Tim Shafer sympathizers?
>>
>>84138537
>gimmick
Honestly, I get why people think that, but I think it's finally arrived. It's like saying 3d movies are still a gimmick. It works now. It's expensive maybe, and isn't worth bothering with for every movie, but it works.
>>
>>84140379
here >>84132029
>>
>>84129303
>expecting anything good to ever come out of Mr.Sockpuppet again

The man's the George Lucas of video games.
>>
>>84140500
3D movies are absolutely a gimmick, and one that's on it's way out too, what are you talking about?
>>
File: 1421097320457.jpg (107 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1421097320457.jpg
107 KB, 613x533
>>84138250
>asking a question
>hurr durr, ignant idiot lol XD
>>
>>84134157
Grim Fandango son. The man made Grim Fandango. Somewhere inside that jerrycurled head is the spark of genius.
>>
>>84138537
I agree that 3D movies are still gimmicks, but if you want a good opinion on the other side of the VR stuff, listen to Jeff Gerstman talk about it. You can tell he wants the stuff to succeed, but still has a measured approach to all the current stuff surrounding it.
>>
>>84140556
That's insulting to Lucas tbqh, the guy shouldn't be allowed to have total creative control, but he at least has some good ideas. Well okay, besides anything in Strange Magic but still.

>>84132029
>The next video to play in related videos is about how Double Fine could literally run off with all the funding if they wanted to

Fucking lol
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.