[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of the Six living Generations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: GenerationsWork.jpg (140 KB, 1800x950) Image search: [Google]
GenerationsWork.jpg
140 KB, 1800x950
Which generation made the best cartoons and comics and why is it Generation X?
>>
Generation X wasn't responsible for the Golden Age of Animation.
>>
>>84125201
Can someone explain me the differences between each generation?
>>
>>84125201

end of 60s/start of 70s to about 85 is a whole generation that gets lost.
>>
>>84125257
No.
>>
>>84125201
So why does the Traditionalist generation last 45 years but each one after lasts 20?
>>
File: table2.4.jpg (341 KB, 610x523) Image search: [Google]
table2.4.jpg
341 KB, 610x523
>>84125257
in a nutshell
>>
>>84125201
>Millennials
>Popping up as early as 1981
I think Generation labels are a meme but this triggers my autism
>>
>>84125257
Go read some Joseph Cambell and heroic Archemyths

>>84125319
>All that wanking over Baby Boomers
>When BB's were the most spoiled brats ever
>BB were the generation that ruined America
What spit n' shit. BB's were last centuries Millennials.
>>
>>84125334
at this point, labeling a generation as a millennial is just a way of not getting grouped up with the most hated kids in school
>>
>>84125382
They built it up, then tore out the foundations on their way out.
>>
>/pol/ thread
Anyone else hate old people?
>>
>>84125289
It's probably just a catchall for anyone older than Baby Boomer.
>>
>>84125503
>/pol/
it's actually more /his/ related. Notice the lack of genders and races, just time between people being born
>>
>>84125289
>anyone before the baby boomers matters
You need to start thinking in boomer
>>
>>84125201
That chart is wrong though

>Gen X 65-80
>Gen Y 81-95
>Milennials 96-01
>Doesn't matter 02-??
>>
>>84125319
>all that fucking load of bullshit.
reeks of "this is my dad, my uncle, me and my sister" writing.
>>
>81
>Millennial

what the fuck?
>>
>>84125201
Nice Strauss and Howe copypasta cartoon.
>>
>>84127190
There's been a re-branding of Millenial that weirds me right out. It's like the thirty-somethings want to be linked to the Fellow Young People and their Social Media, and not the squares from the 80s.

...or it's political and advertising types whose concept of Young People starts at around 30.
>>
I'm thirty-two years old, it's ridiculous to label me a millennial.
>>
>>84127591
I was born in '88 and I've got nothing in common with the kids that were born after '95.
>>
>>84125201
I personally consider anyone born in 2000 or after to be true millennials. /co/s demographic basically.
>>
>>84127465
It's been that way since they renamed Generation Y.
>>
>>84127591
>>84128888
Well, you are. You always have been. Sorry I guess. You're here on 4chan on a board for cartoons so don't pretend like you're above anyone you perceive to be a millennial.
>>
>>84127190
Growing up in the 80s, I always heard my generation called generation X. This sounds like revisionist history.
>>
>>84125201
Why he fuck did they combine generation Y with millennials? It's like saying generation X and baby boomers are the same.
>>
>>84128927
The implication is that actual 90s kids were the last Millenials, "this generation" are a seperate generation from them.

Basically, if you had your childhood in the 00s or beyond, you aren't a Millenial. So anyone who nostalgically remembers GameCube/PS2, the early 00s toons (PPG, EEnE, Bravo, etc.) isn't a Millenial.
>>
>>84127591
>>84128888
You are both on the fucking western comic and cartoon portion of a Thai Zoetrope imageboard
Get some fucking perspective, christ. If you use 4chan you are going to be similar to millennials in how you use technology, your language, and you are going to be exposed to similar ideas and concepts. You are fucking contrarian faggots.
>>
>>84125231
Cinderella is one boring ass movie and Pinocchio did bubbles better.
>>
>>84127190
No? You don't get to just rebrand this shit yourself so that you don't get called a millenial.
>>
>>84127465
Millenial is just Generation Y. Gen Y has always been 81-00.
>>
>>84129102
But thats exactly what ops picture did. 80-95 were always labeled generation Y, and 95 to now would be millennial. I think the picture was made to purposely troll the fuck out of people.
>>
>>84129123
Generation Y was 1980 to 1995. It's always been a 15 year difference.
>>
>>84129133
No because Gen Y is literally millenials. "Millenial" is the name that was given to Gen Y. What you're referring to is Gen Z and even then, Gen Y ended with the turn of the century. Gen Z refers to anyone born after the turn of the century. Millenial isn't some seperate 5 year long generation crammed between Y and Z. It is LITERALLY Gen Y.
>>
>>84129151
Meaning that 80-95 are millenials, and 96-10 are Gen Z.
>>
>>84129199
Meaning that 80-95 was generation Y and 95-now would be millennial.
>>
>>84129133
>and 95 to now would be millennial

No. Millennial was never a separate term from gen y. Gen y was renamed.
>>
>>84125319
For the most part this is so reductive and simplistic that it's meaningless
>>
>>84129133
Millenial == Gen Y.

The reason why they're called "Millenials" is because they're everyone who is set to "come of age" during the turn of the century. Ergo, everyone who is hovering around 18 at the year 2000.

If you weren't old enough to remember the turn of the century, why the fuck would you be included in a group named after it?
>>
>>84125201
Because they had an audience.
Doesn't really matter how good a cartoon is now.
Now cartoons have to compete with Mainstream Gaming, Lets Plays and Mobile Gaming.
The narcissism cultivation programs known as social media.
Cartoons are for kids and kids don't watch cartoons and so animation is dead.
All you're going to get is piss dribble unless someone like Netflix throws a fat wod of Streaming video money at some cartoons.
Korra didn't get to finish airing on TV.
Gravity Falls had ass for time slots.
There are plenty of shows killed off after a single season while low budget mediocrity gets season after season.
Shitcoms play where cartoons once played.

Cartoons are essentially dead or at the very lest bleeding out on the floor.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.