[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>movie of my childhood >watched it again and again >pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: the-pagemaster.30040.jpg (334 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-pagemaster.30040.jpg
334 KB, 1000x1500
>movie of my childhood
>watched it again and again
>pretty good memories out of it

>present day
>decide to look for it again
>terrible reviews everywhere

what went wrong?
>>
>>84122840
it was pretty sloppy storywise
it had a decent idea behind it, but the execution was weird past a certain age
>>
how about watching it as an adult and realising it IS terrible?
>>
>>84122840
it had a FEEL that was good. a feel it's really sad animated movies don't have anymore..
but it had nothing else of merit. i mean other than the cast.
>>
>>84124250
>i mean other than the cast.

Leonard Nimoy as Jekyll/Hyde was da tits.
>>
Like Ridley Scott's "Legend", Pagemaster was little more than a style over substance fantasy. Which isn't to say anything bad about either of them, they just weren't as good as they could have been
>>
The paint scene is way too cool
>>
>>84122840
Most animated films get pretty terrible reviews, except if they're from Disney-- and sometimes even then, depending on the movie. As long as it's not of like Foodfight quality or something else that was always low-effort from Day 1 (because that's kind of hard to defend), nothing wrong with genuinely liking whatever.

I think a lot of kids' movies only really hold up for adults through nostalgia, even though they can still entertain kids. I'm not saying quality doesn't matter for something aimed at kids, but that it's literally different audiences with different expectations for what a movie should be.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.